Artini 2 Cottages

Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Artini 2 Cottages

Serene and Calm

"Well layed out, clean cottages. Very calming in the midst of hectic Ubud. Not a luxury resort in any way but helpful staff, peaceful surroundings and generally clean rooms. Some bathrooms could use an update. Nice pool and great banana pancakes. Would defintately stay again. Great rates!"

by SunnyDays

No room at the Inn

"I booked two rooms for three nights at Artinin 2 with the company Bali Friendly. The booking was made and confirmed on March 2008.

When I arrived at 9pm on July 18th Artini 2 told me there were no rooms. They said they had reported this to Bali Friendly two days prior to my arrival. Their excuse was that the rooms had faulty toilets and could not be repaired in time for our arrival. However why were two other rooms not kept and made available for us especially as the booking had been confirmed in March?

So travellers who was repsonsible for the cock-up, who knows? In fairness to Bali Friendly an assistant apologised for the mess-up, I have still to receive an apology from the manager who told me he would phone me back and never did! Just don't trust Bali Friendly or Artini 2 when it comes to booking. Good luck. I eventually stayed at the Puri Dalem which was pleasant and efficiently run and excellent value for money.

by SingaporeRimmer

Overpriced, over-rated, and cheap around the edges.

"We stayed in a 'super-deluxe' room. The room was pretty shabby and when we arrived the sheets were stained and ripped, the towels and bathmat were also stained and the toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. Breakfast was very very poor - terrible food - very cheap and very low quality compared to other hotels we have stayed at in Bali, that have had cheaper rates. The staff were sometimes friendly, but often quite moody. Gardens are well maintained. Not very good value for money for Bali."

by mithJonesSmith

Would not return

"Would not return again. Artini 3 is much better and would return.

Room boy was always looking for a tip. No covers- said they "were being washed". Nosiy people were staying at hotel. Travel to Ubud twice a year & have stayed at many places- this I woud not return do.

by joanAzUsa

My Home Away From Home

"I stayed at Artini 2 Cottages for 5 nights in mid-May, 2007. The grounds were beautifully maintained, the staff was amazing (especially Pasek, Bagus, Gudug, Riadi & Gede) & the restaurant was fine. My bungalow was set further back from the main area, but was relaxing & quiet. The room was neat & clean, & the overhead fan worked well. Fresh flowers were placed on my bed & in the bathroom each day. In case you wish to handwash clothes, there's a drying rack on the porch. The staff was very helpful in obtaining dance performance tickets for me, suggesting a tailor & arranging transport, as well as many other things. I will definitely stay here again; it was more like a home than a hotel."

by Bambi_Boulangerie

Disappointed!

"This is our 3rd visit to Bali and the first time we have had a bad experience at one of the hotels/cottages. We arrived at Artini 2 and were told that our 2 reserved rooms (paid in full) were not available; they were being used as a movie set and we would be accommodated in 2 different rooms for 1 night and then have to move to the original reserved rooms the next day. The morning breakfast service was extremely slow and disorganized. During our 5 day stay they were never able to accommodate our request for beverages by the pool (they were out of white wine for 5 days???). My first attempt at bathing was with cold water, the propane tank had run out of gas. The staff quickly changed it. The gardens on the property are very well maintained and beautiful. The head of the morning service staff appears to only be interested in the guests that are willing to book "outings/programs" through him. We were scheduled to return to Artini 2 after visiting the northern coast of Bali, but chose to book our return to Ubud at a different location."

by KwajaleinTraveler

Excellent experience

"My husband and I recently returned from a week in Ubud. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Artini 2 Cottages. The grounds are beautiful and meticulously kept up. The staff was so helpful and friendly. Our room had great air conditioning which is always a plus in Bali. The pool was wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially since we paid about 30.00 a night. The breakfast was delicious as well. What we enjoyed the most was the pool with its gorgeous grounds and the excellent staff!"

by ElainaC

Amazing landscape

"All I can say is that it's very GREEN -- amazingly beautiful gardens hidden from a busy street. Although the rooms aren't very well-maintained but they are big and comfortable. Friendly staffs."

by dvich

A lot ot Bali at a little price

"Artini 2 Cottages are cheap (Aus $60 or US$40 per night) but you get a lot for your money. We have just returned and can't speak highly enough of this place. Having stayed at much more expensive places before this was a real surprise. The rooms are simple with no televisions, bar fridges or towelling robes, etc. But they are so clean with all the essentials and very Balinese. We had wonderful views of the rice paddies and found the staff so friendly and helpful. The gardens are beautifully kept and the pool is excellent.

Artini 2 is right in the middle of everything in Ubud and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone who wants to feel they are really staying in Bali.

by Pemberley

Beautiful Landscape, good rooms, good location

"Artini 2 is like a hidden garden in the midst of the chaos of Ubud. What will leave you in awe is the buildings and landscaping of this small place. It was fantastic and made our stay there very pleasant and peaceful. We got a superior room for US $50/night net and it was well worth it. The hotel is built into a steep depression with jungle in the back and a paddy field on one side. Very quiet and green as the rooms where well back from the road. In typical Balinese style our large room had air con, and a tv, although there is nothing on the TV for our 3 year old to watch. Very clean and in good order, our only complaint was that the bathtub needed a bit more scrubbing. My wife noticed it, but I didn't (guess I'm a typical guy). Breakfast was very mediocre Western, but the look and feel of the place made up for that. One last complaint, watch out for a tout called Plentong who will hound you into using his 'brothers' taxi. He is extremely overpriced and worst of all he does not have Air Con, although he will lie to you that he does. We ended our Bali trip in his lousy taxi, sweating to death in the midday heat on the way to the airport. This is not recommended. Try out the Hotel, avoid the taxi driver."

by livinginpenang