Komaneka at Tanggayuda

Good

Room: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Komaneka at Tanggayuda

Enter your dates:

Komeneka resort at Tanggayuda - wonderful experience by PunkyLongIsland_NY

We just returned from our 9 day trip to Bali. We spent 3 nights at Komaneka Resort at Tanggayuda. Our stay was wonderful. The villas are secluded and very romantic. You really feel like you are in the middle of the jungle when you are in your villa. The staff was super friendly and went out of their way to cater to our needs.

During our stay in Ubud we went white water rafting, hiked Mt. Batur, shopped in Ubud, went to the Monkey forest and relaxed at the Komaneka resort.

The resort had a beautiful infinity pool, room service, free internet.

Problem At Komaneka by marzee2

The hotel is lovely and is 15 minutes outside of Bali. My complaint is not with the staff as they were friendly and helpful, but with the management. We decide after four days to change our hotel and get closer into town. The hotel was given a two day notice that we would be leaving earlier than originally scheduled.The hotel was one fourth full.

We were charged $200 for leaving early. I would understand this policy if the hotel was full, but not with it empty. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone due to this incident. It unfortunate that this beautiful hotel has such a greedy management.

marlene

Would return in a heartbeat by MsAimClaire

We spent three wonderful days at the Komaneka over Thanksgiving '07, and I can't wait to return. Although I booked a standard suite room, we were upgraded very unexpectedly at check in to a valley view pool villa, and wow, was it nice. Having our own plunge pool was the best part of the stay - we were in the pool 3-4 times a day, and it was a great way to cool down after a hot and dusty excursion to town. Loved the outdoor bathtub and the comfortable room and bed - plus the fact that once you walk in your "compound" and shut the door you are completely shut off from the world. the outdoor bale is a great place to read or nap, and the room feels almost outdoors with the glass walls all around. A great impression of being in the middle of nowhere and total privacy. The friendly staff will do anything you ask, but do know that it will happen slowly. That's ok, though, because part of the pleasure of Bali is the pace.

The hotel is far from Ubud, but it isn't a significant problem if, like us, you were relaxing rather than strenuously touring or shopping. The hotel has a shuttle that runs all day, typically 10-15 minutes behind schedule ;-) We had the special candlelight smoked duck dinner at the main pool and it was good food and well worth the splurge to have the flowers and hundreds of floating candles and flowers. What a treat! We also booked a rice paddy walk via the hotel which we totally enjoyed - reasonable prices and really knowledgeable guide. I suspect that their other excursions are similarly worthwhile, and reasonable. I also had two very nice massages while there - the spa facilities are smallish but very pleasant.

We're reccomending Komaneka to everyone we know -- and plan to return ourselves. Oh, and if you are dithering over the price for the pool rooms - just do it. I will next time, the privacy of your own pool can't be beat.

Loved the Stay by global_traveller112

We stayed in Komaneka for 3 nights and we absolutely loved it. The place is located in a quiet area within Ubud, still only 10 mins ride from downtown Ubud area. We stayed in a private pool villa and the villa is huge, nicely balinese decroated with nice amenties and great view of the mountain from the private pool. Service and the staff in Komaneka is incredible, right from the time we walked in there and all along the time during our stay, we had been greeted by our name and with a smile. The place itself has only 25 villas, so a great spot for honeymooners I would say.

A place to return to by Tiana99

My boyfriend and I recently escaped for a week-long break to Ubud and for the second time this year we chose to stay at the Komaneka Tanggayuda. We had stayed there in June and had such a wonderful, relaxing time that we decided to return again six months later.

We chose the Komaneka because unlike many of the other high-end properties in Ubud it is a genuine Balinese experience. The staff are all from Ubud and surrounding areas -- in fact, many are from the village of Tanggayuda -- and are wonderfully friendly and very thoughtful and helpful. The owner of the resort is also from Ubud and well-known as an art collector and art dealer.

The villas are very spacious and let in a lot of natural light, with gorgeous views of the valley and padi fields. They are elegantly furnished, with a relaxed, comfortable feel, instead of an overly-hip or business-like "hotel" feel. The villas also have a lovely and very private outdoor area, with your own plunge pool and outdoor seating area. I also appreciated the good reading material in the villa -- books and magazines on Ubud, as well as the well-stocked library with lots of books on Balinese art and design.

We enjoyed going to the spa for an excellent Balinese massage. The spa is fairly-priced, and the upstairs section has great views. We also enjoyed having a tasty bowl of bubur ayam in the morning, and recommend the Indonesian food in the restaurant, especially the duck. There is also afternoon tea served everyday by the pool, with lots of tasty treats and iced tea and coffee.

The staff were also helpful in making arrangements for us to rent a motorbike, which we rode up to the lakes around Bedegul, which was beautiful, especially the out-of-the-way villages along the way. We also had dinner at Mozaic, which must be the best French food in Southeast Asia and very nicely priced, and lots of martinis at Naughty Nuri's, a great hangout where you are guaranteed to meet some interesting characters.

Bottomline is: Highly recommended for a great break. Felt very re-charged and relaxed after a week here. There is another Komaneka property on Monkey Forest Road near the centre of Ubud which has a similar look to this place, but we preferred the Tanggayuda because it is more secluded and retreat-like.

Outstanding Komaneka Resort! by econstan

The rooms are spacious with a beautiful taste non ostentatious.

The “Komaneka” resort is well located in the center of “Ubud”, we recommend this address which is one of the best in “Ubud”.

The staff is very competent, friendly and classy!

A real dreamland !! by mimilin

We love this villa!! Everyone there was sincerely very helpful and nice. At the same time , they know very well how to leave the privacy to the guests.

It is a very quite, clean villa. Also, it smelled very nice, they had flower in many paces. However, my husband, who has a terrible flower allergy, was as normal as me !

Their breakfast was great, you can try their Indonesia style breakfast. I was happy everytime when I orderd it !!

There are too many good things to tell, even a nice picture can't show totally how wonderful this place is. Let me finish with one of my picky husband's words: " Finally, I've found a place in this world where I can come whenever I need a real vacation".

We'll go back !!

Stop searching, komaneka tanggayuda is Perfect! by dmoe82

I was starting to get a headache trawling through tripadvisor to find hotels to stay in during our 11night stay in Bali. It was so important for me not to stay at a bad hotel because it can ruin the whole holiday for me.

Komaneka did not dissapoint 1 bit, it was absoluetly AMAZING, from the second i walked into the place i experienced warmness that you feel rarely in a lifetime.

It just so happened that it was my birthday the night i stayed and the staff offered to serve dinner in our villa instead of us having to dine in the restaurant. Our waitress came about 30 mins before dinner to set up candles around the dipping pool (we stayed in a luxury valley villa) and set up a dining table on our bale(day bed), she then gave us our menu's to peruse while she set everything up and took our orders before leaving... it was perfect... dinner was then perfect... but then to my suprise as i was waiting for desert 6 or 7 of the komaneka's staff came into the villa singing happy birthday and presented me with a complimentary candlelit BIRTHDAY CAKE!!! to say i was impressed was a gross understatement!

Check out was then extended until 1pm!!! which was great because my girlfriend was suffering from a migrane and the extra rest was invaluable!!

Our only issue was when attempting to make an international phone call i had quite a few problems, the operator also had problems connecting to number i had. Eventually the call was able to be made. Upon checkout however when looking over the additional expenses (minibar, phone etc) i was shocked to see a charge of $60+US for what i thought was less than a 5 minute call. It turned out that the failed attempts had been making some sort of connection and a charge was logged. Upon pointing this out to staff the charges were removed NO QUESTIONS ASKED, they understood the situation and did not make me prove i had not connected to anyone. In my eyes situations as above if not handled correctly can become major problems and ruin your impression of an entire establishment, and the way the Komaneka handled it reflects the cut above that this resort really is.

Also the room was amazing, they even brush the suede on the lounge the one direction.... hows that for attention to detail...

STOP SEARCHING AND BOOK THE KOMANEKA TANGGAYUDA.. it was fantastic!!!

Amazing hideaway by Martin3

Spent 3 days of our honeymoon here as recommended by a friend.

A very relaxing hideaway, 20 mins in a car from Ubud.

It has a very welcoming, family, cosy atmosphere with great service.

The room we had was amazing (Valley Pool Villa). Very spacious, glass walls all around, nice plunge pool with view and a very comfortable outside day bed that is shaded from the sun.

The food is of a very high standard and restaurant is in a relaxing, pretty setting.

Every day they organise activities (yoga/walking etc) that are on the whole free.

The gym only has a few machines, but is spacious and again with clear glass windows surrounding it.

We stayed in Maya Ubud, but I got a much better feel for this place because of the above.

We checked out their sister hotel in Ubud Centre, excellent location for bars/restaurants/shopping but missed the hideaway feel of Tanggayuda.

I checked out A LOT of reviews for my honeymoon, and this is right up there and, for the cost, has to be one of the top spots in Bali.

Komaneka Resort at Tanggayuda - Simply Perfect by SnT_Taylor

Well the title of our review sums up our stay at the Komaneka Resort at Tanggayuda - simply perfect. Our honeymoon was our first ever overseas adventure, so we made a great choice by staying at the Komaneka. We arrived there after a long flight (stop-overs!!), we were very excited/scared/disorientated, but the friendly staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We received hot towles and complimentry drinks, followed by a helpfull "run down" of the place and taken to our room. We stayed in the Valley Pool Villa, all we can say is - wow! If you think it looks good in the brochures/webpage, wait until you are there. We had our own private plunge pool and day bed, the room was clean and tidy and had a homely feel to it. The whole resort was well kept and we felt like we were in a tropical paradise.

You could never get bored at the Komaneka, they have a huge range of activities, a gym, library/internet room, a huge main pool with a surreal view, health spa and if thats not enough, there is a shuttle bus that runs 9 times a day to various places. My wife got a 2 hour massage that she thoroughly enjoyed.

The food.....the food is to die for. From breakfast to dinner, including afternoon tea, no complaints at all. There is a huge range of meals, desserts, cocktails and drinks on the menu.

One of the main things that made our stay so enjoyable were the staff - so friendly. Surya (resort manager), has a fantastic crew of staff under him. Nothing was ever to much trouble. For example, we went to the restaurant to get some bottles of coke, we were happy to wait but got told "no need, we will bring them to you", which they did! Even the maintenance guys and gardeners would stop what they were doing to say hello, a place full of warm smiles. In a conversation with Surya, we mentioned this, to which he simply replied, at the Komaneka, we are not just guests but part of a family. And that sums up how we felt, part of a happy & helpfull family. (even after we checked out to leave, our taxi transfer was running late, we still received complimentry water/tea/coffee!) Every evening we would get warm fresh towels and a bedtime story to go with it and the room service was prompt and fantastic.

We could go on and on how good our stay was at the Komaneka, so to you guys who are reading this review, all we can say is - GO!! If you only stay at one place in Bali, make it the Komaneka Resort at Tanggayuda............simply perfect. We will definitely be going back there.

Read 441 additional reviews of Komaneka at Tanggayuda

Stayed at Komaneka at Tanggayuda? Share your insight.

Komaneka at Tanggayuda also called

• komaneka at tanggayuda hotel ubud
  • komaneka at tanggayuda ubud
  • Address: Banjar Tanggayuda, Kedewatan, Bali 80571, Indonesia