Hotel Palazzo Stern

Room: 9.5/10
Service: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel Palazzo Stern

Great Hotel in a great place!!!!!

"We had a great stay in this fabulous hotel!

Location is unbeatable, easy to reach, in a quiet area and very close to the main attractions. The building is stunning as well as the rooms. Service and staff in general is great.

Will recommend it to everybody!

Roberto

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Book directly with them!
  • Good For: , City Breaks
by Roberto D

Absolutely superb

"This hotel was a stunner from the first. It is luxuriously appointed, the rooms are of remarkable size given the usual size of Venetian hotel rooms, and even the bathroom was huge. We loved having breakfast on the terrace overlooking the Grand Canal, and the breakfasts themselves were superb. The staff were friendly and helpful. We loved having chocolates and a weather forecast left on our pillows every evening. The room was not only cleaned during the day, but seemed to be tidied again in the evening turn-down service, which was much appreciated. The only downside was that some machine in the corner of our room (I think the coffee machine) clicked and whirred all night, keeping us awake, and couldn't seem to be unplugged. Also, I had chosen this hotel partly because it was right on top of a vaporetto stop, but this stop was closed for repairs while we were there, which meant dragging our luggage to and from the Accademia Bridge. I was also surprised that the hotel spa, which is a feature of its advertising package, actually costs a whopping 75 euros for 1 hour, which seems exorbitant. Nevertheless, we loved this hotel and its location in the quieter Dorsoduro neighbourhood. We loved heading out of an evening to take photos along the waterfront there. We would stay here again and would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to others."

by ZXgirl9

Wonderfull!!!

"This is the most amazing hotel of Venice!!!

I've been in Venice several times in my life, and I had the cheance to experience all the most upscaling hotels of the city (including Danieli).

This property is definitely my preferred one!!! It's a very old moorish Palazzo in front of the Grand Canal, just beside Ca' Rezzonico (one of the mopst famous Museums of Venice).

It has been opened some months ago.

Let me tell you that this building really looks like a museum... Not only the property is wonderfull, also the service and the staff are just perfect.

If you can afford this hotel book it!!!

by frank132

Fantastic Hotel

"I visited the Palazzo Stern with my fiancee for a weekend in November 2008. I travel a lot - both on leisure and business.. and have visited Venice many times. I can honestly say that this is my favourite hotel in the city.

It is beautifully appointed - the design and attention to detail is excellent.

The location is great - located on the Grand Canal, a short walk or vaparetto journey from the centre of the "tourist area" and there are some excellent bars and restaurants within a couple of minutes walk from the hotel.

The service at the hotel is excellent - the staff are friendly and welcoming - nothing is too much trouble. I believe this is a family run hotel - and they run it very well !

Breakfast is nice - and the setting of the bar/restaurant overlooking the Grand Canal is lovely. We were there in winter so I can only imagine that this is a beautiful spot in the sun!

Rooms were also well appointed, with some really nice touches.. well furnished and plenty of space.

This is a small boutique hotel, with high levels of personal service, unique and beautiful decor and a lovely atmosphere.. I would recommend it to anyone !!

by smith01

Awsome place

"My wife and I stayed here for three nights the end of October. This is one of the nicest places I have ever stayed. The room was huge, faced the Grand Canal and had a small balcony. Watching all the action on the canal from such a great location was great. The hotel is obviously newly refurbished and was really as clean and perfect as it could be. The lobbies and hallways are full of antiques and everything is just beautiful. The staff could not have been more helpful and pleasant. Well worth the cost.

The location next to Ca' Rezzonica, a vaporetto stop, a traghetto stop, all within steps of the hotel entrance, made the location outstanding.

We have stayed at some Four Seasons and other high end resorts over the years. I have never stayed anywhere that we liked better than this.

by omotors

Amazing

"It was my first trip to Venice and I decided to splurge...I'm so glad I did. The Palazzo Stern just opened in March 2008 after a 3 year renovation and it's spectacular. Located right on the Grand Canal in the quiet Dorsuduro district and right next to a vaporetto stop it's easily accessible. I found the staff to be very helpful, the room was lovely, especially the bathroom. It was a wonderful place to come home to after roaming the canals and bridges of Venice all day. I highly recommend the nearby restaurant "Casini dei Nobile.""

by freudiantrip

Loved the Hotel Palazzo Stern

"Staying in Hotel Palazzo Stern is truly amazing. The hotel is beautifully well kept and the surroundings are wonderful. The hotel staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The location is ideal. You are not close to the tourist areas, therefore, its rather nice and peaceful, but you are within walking distance of the main attactions, therefore giving you the best of both worlds. The hotel room that I stayed in was exceptional and the little extras that the staff do for you, ie leaving temperature cards on your pillow at night and turning your bed as well, means they really care about you and their standards are extremely high.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Hotel Palazzo Stern, together with being in Venice - the whole experience was magical. I am hoping to visit Venice again next year and already in my heart Hotel Palazzo Stern is where I will be staying.

Management response from Robertino3, 21 Oct 2008

Dear Friend! Thank you for the superb description of our hotel. I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We always try to do the best with our guest! I would like to take the advantage to say thank you to all the Tripadvisor Member who spent 10 minutes to leave us their feedback. This is very important and it make us very happy and proud of our job!!! I hope to see you all again here in Venice. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

by EmiratesEngland

Frontal Grand Canal Suite 405

"This was our 5th visit to Venice and I had booked two nights at the Hotel Savoia & Jolanda (see my other review) and another two nights at the Hotel Manin. However, just weeks before our departure, I had learnt from Tripadvisor that the Manin is currently under renovations. We asked for a token sum discount for our roof top La Fenice suite but was backfired with an even higher quotation, very puzzling...

This had left me with no choice but to cancel the Manin and book this newly renovated and just-opened 5 months Hotel. And what a right choice did we make! We had stayed at various Venetian hotels - Hotel Foscari Palace, Hotel Ca Sagredo, Hotel Metropole, Hotel Londra Palace, Hotel Luna Baglioni but this is it - Boutique styled luxury brand new hotel on the Grand Canal with the right Venetian decor! What more could you ask for?

Since it was the Venice Film Festival and Regatta Storica peak seasons, we had paid around 450 euros per night, not exactly cheap but worth every single euro! Try to come during the off peak and on weekdays, and you will find the rates in the region of 300++, very reasonable for the qualtiy you would get IMHO.

Without saying, the location of the Hotel is simply superb. Just 3 blocks off the Ca Rezzonico vaporetto stop (once you alight, turn left and walk straight into the Hotel, just steps away!) and with a traghetto stop nearby, you can cross over the Grand Canal cheaply, at only .50 euros per person.

But the WOW factor of this Hotel has to be the common areas (see the Chapel on the Piano Nobile 2nd floor, spiral staircase with columns from different eras, breakfast terrace on the Grand Canal etc) and its rooms, which is Junior Suite 405 in our case. In this case, 405 is the only one in the Hotel with a Frontal GC balcony.

The Venetian decor and colour theme (yellow beige) of the rooms are somewhat similiar throughout the Hotel I guess (since I had taken a peek at some of the rooms and suites). Brand new silk brocades and curtains, tailor made Venetian themed furniture, huge flat screen TV with English channels, skylight near the suite's entrance, pink and gold mosaic-tiled bathroom and bath tub, coffee maker, enough closet space, very strong air-conditioning etc. You can't help but to feel that these are features of a 5 stars hotel but then the Palazzo Stern is only rated 4 stars.

Breakfast in hot September starts at 7.15am on the terrace facing the Grand Canal. Though the choice of food was not very wide, the quality of food is certainly quite good I must say. Having crossiants and Italian coffee by the GC is totally unbelievable and sublime ... seize the moment and enjoy it slowly, dont rush!

Upon check in, we were given a bottle of complimentary Champagne and a one hour roof top Jacuzzi bath (which usually cots 70 euros per hour) - what nice touches! We really enjoyed the roof top jacuzzi bath, which can easily accomodate 4 or 6 adults quite comfortably. The views up the roof was simply wonderful!

After all the pros, here are two minor cons -

1. being directly next to a vaporetto stop brings non-stop motorboat noise, in fact, once every ten minutes. However, with the balcony doors closed, it was quiet enough for light sleepers like my mum to sleep well. For me, I probably would opt for a garden facing suite next time I am back at this Hotel.

2. though the suite is not huge by any standards, the bathroom is definitely rather smallish. However, the newness of everything in the bathroom makes its size a little less bothersome.

Everyday, we really looked forward to returning to our suite at this Hotel in the hot afternoons and at night, knowing that once back in the Hotel, we would be in for a real treat! Luxury and newness permeats everything that is in this well run Hotel. Hopefully, the Management would do its best to upkeep things.

Kudos & Grazie Mille to the Management & Staff of Palazzo Stern.

by JChua

Excellent Hotel.

"We stayed at this hotel as a treat on a two for one offer. It was very nice hotel, the staff were very friendly and helpful, the manager gave us a tour of the hotel's most interesting areas explaining the history of the hotel on the way to our room.

The room on the top floor it was lovely, although the windows were high and you could not look out of them. The room was nicely decorated with cream damask walls, the bathroom included a jaccuzzi bath which we were thankful for after a day of pounding the streets.

Breakfast on the terrace overlooking the Grand Canal is not to be missed, it is a superb way to start the day and I don't think many hotels offer this.

There is a water stop right outside the hotel and don't miss the palace, which is almost next door just across the small canal,it is well worth a visit.

Well done to all concerned for making our stay so enjoyable. If you get the chance stay here.

by JacquiMcCarthy

FABULOUS!

"Our family stayed four nights at Hotel Palazzo Stern in early June. We took a water taxi directly to the hotel from the airport. Friendly, smiling staff took care of us the entire stay. From contacting the airline (without our request to do so) about our lost luggage to getting supplies for sick teens, the staff was wonderful! Our room was a large junior suite overlooking the grand canal. We enjoyed watching all the action on the canal from the comfort and privacy of our room. Close to many cafes and restaurants, and quick pizza. Accademia short walk. Vaporetto stop next to hotel. Large breakfast buffet. Private outdoor patio on the canal! It was a great quiet spot to enjoy an enchanting stay in Venice. We didn't want to leave. Need I say more?

Beautifully restored, clean, fresh, totally non-smoking!!

Great staff at the desk and in the breakfast room.

by LucyJChicago_IL

Fantastic Location on the Grand Canal

"We had a wonderful experience at this hotel which just reopened. Everything was shiny and new and working well. As the hotel was offering a 50% discount on the room we expected minor kinks that needed to be worked out but there were none.

One of the best things about the hotel is the location. It is right by the Ca' Rezzonico vaperatto stop and the traghetto stop as well. We also took a taxi from the hotel’s launch.

We had a superior room and could see the Accademia Bridge from the window. The building is so pretty that tourists were taking pictures of us when we looked out of the windows. It is in the Dorsoduro district so it is easy enough to walk to most of the major tourist sites but we ended up taking the vaperatto as the stop was literally at our doorstep. The hotel is very convenient for strolls around Dorsoduro for restaurants, bars and cafes.

Back to the room, as it was on the corner we had two windows facings the Grand Canal directly and a third that you could see the Grand Canal from the side. The bathroom also had a window that faces the street. The room was very large by Italian standards. We had two double beds in ours. The bathroom had a Jacuzzi tub which was a pleasure to soak in after a days walking around Venice. Breakfast was pretty hearty the first day all the eggs where made to order; the second day we had to ask as they had scrambled eggs in a serving dish. I peaked into a standard room – it was smaller but still adequate. The standard room had one window that faced a small side canal.

Overall the Hotel Palazzo Stern was a very nice hotel and one of the best parts of our trip to Venice.

by Mirp