Garden Cliff Resort and Spa

Location: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Garden Cliff Resort and Spa

Enter your dates:

A lovely Hotel by seasontraverabc

This is a lovely hotel with good value. I paid about $75 US/night which I believed is a acceptional value, The location is a bit out of the way. It cost $150 balt/ (US$4)per way if you call a taxi which is a typical pickup truck equiped with a canopy at the back, the ride is usually bumpy but fun. They have 3 shuttle bus going out of the hotel daily. 10am 3pm and 8 pm.

They accommadated us in a room with a nice ocean view, king size bed, a good size bath room equiped with both shower room and bath. free complimentry breakfast which included an array of local and western food items.

I will strongly recommended that to my friend and family.

A fantastic 5 * retreat by sel_d

Having returned a few days ago from this resort I felt compelled to write a review...My husband and I booked this trip to Thailand for some rest & relaxation; this hotel provided both of those in barrel fulls!

This hotel IS 5*…the service, rooms and facilities were fantastic. We booked a Junior suite and the bed was the most comfortable I’ve ever slept in with a view of the sea from the window.

We had a buffet breakfast everyday and a buffet dinner was available for 450baht per person. There is a mixture of foods from different areas including European and Thai.

The infinity pool is wonderful and the noise of the waterfall very relaxing. If you are lucky enough to get a room next to the pool you can go from your deck straight in!

We did order room service and it was not over priced (as we have found in other 5* hotels) and the food was the same as that from the restaurant. The staff were always eager to help and drinks were ordered by the pool and carried up to the room when they were ready.

In order to get the complete experience we also tested the spa! We had a wonderful massage. There are also hot and cold Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms available before the treatment.

The hotel runs a shuttle to Pattaya centre three times a day. The return trip in a songtheaew is around 100baht. Pattaya is probably seedier than Amsterdam but we felt safe and there weren’t many girls out until the evening time.

If you enquire at the hotel they can arrange visits to local sights. The Sanctuary of Truth, which you can see from the hotel, is good to arrange through the hotel. We booked the Elephant Village online and received a 20% discount and they picked us up and dropped us off for free. It was a fantastic experience.

The internet is expensive at the hotel…go into town. We were able to find a place where it was 1baht per minute!

The visibility for scuba diving is not brilliant at anytime of the year, however it is great for first timers who are not too bothered about what they are seeing and more interested in breathing under water!

Overall, we had a fantastic time and could have easily spent the entire time lazing at the hotel and not visiting any of the sights, so make sure you schedule lots of time for rest and relaxation here!

Fantastic Property! loved the stay by suketu

The property is a little away from the main walking street and the pattaya beach (about ten min by cab) costs about 150 baht for one way. we were 10 of us ages ranging from 5 to 65 all had a wonderful time. the check in was smooth the staff very friendly. Excellent rooms we loved the standard rooms but took the suite facing the sea with a lovely terrace though priced a little expensive compared to the standard rooms but worth the extra cost. The buffet has a big spread excellent quality of food. ( the pizza are amazing) the kids loved it. has a beautiful pool we stayed for 4 nights will definately go back again and stay .. Would recomend everyone to stay there it has peaceful ambience. the spa is excellent must go for a massage.

An Oasis in Pattaya by aussiemuso

Living in Pattaya at the time, we thought we would treat ourselves to a weekend 'away'. The Garden Cliff resort was a newly opened hotel with some parts still under construction. The staff are very welcoming in typical Thai style and the little added extras make the difference. We visit the restaurant regularly (even when not staying there) and the buffet breakfast is our favourite. There's everything imaginable for a very reasonable price. The room standard is high. The hotel is located out of the main strip in Pattaya, which is great to get away from it all, but you will have to use local transport to get in and out of the property (which is fun!). Make sure you have a card with the address on it. Located on the beach, it's picturesque, but unforntunately the beach is not clean enough to walk or swim on/in. Luckily, there is a beautiful pool (actually there's two) overlooking the sea. I'm sure we found this hotel before management realised what a gem they've got and undoubtedly, prices will increase. If you must be in Pattaya, then you must stay at this Hotel.

Best stay ever!!! by sezzy_m

From the moment I arrived at this hotel, right through until I leaved, I received 5 star service, fantastic food and smiles from all the staff members.

I loved everything about this hotel!

1. The pool was great and had lovely views out to the ocean

2. My room was the nicest room I had ever stayed in!

3. There was a private beach that you could swim at

4. Buffet breakfast was great!

5. All the staff were SO helpful and friendly!

6. Very modern hotel so everything you need is there

7. Fantastic gym

8. Room service was excellent

9. The hotel itself is beautiful and has amazing decor

Overall, I think this is the best place I have ever stayed at, and will certianly be returning there again!

To be avoided ...... by german_guy_88

We stayed at the hotel in November 2006, paying what seemed to be a reasonable rate via a hotel internet booking page.

1) At that time, the hotel was reachable only through a terrible road,

which was barely accessible, and were extensive works were

being done

2) hotel was packed with russian and korean tour groups, and not

the "better" kind...also, they pay a fraction of the price per nite

that you will even via the most discounted website

3) only one resturant was open, the second one was opening when

we left, the cake shop etc advertised also not open yet. Food in

the restaurants was not expensive, but on the very bland side,

same as the breakfast

4) although we received a room upgrade (corner room) and the view

was nice, the room itself / bed / decoration etc was very

disappointing, as were the hallways / entire hotel decoration,

with exception of the lobby

5) My wife (who is chinese) was asked on the 3rd evening of our

stay after we came back to please leave her ID at the reception

etc...the staff assumed she was a thai prostitute....little do they

know their guests. We complained strongly, and did receive a

spa voucher (which wasnt used due to time constraints)

6) The pool / reception area looks great on the pictures, but really

isnt, the pool is not large, there is no beach to speak of basically.

Pool service starts with mentinoing "fines" for not returning

towels

7) If this hotel was half the price, ok. However, having travelled

extensively in Thailand and Asia, I can just say its overpriced,

underserviced, out of the way, and with some questionable staff

loved it and here's why by Dantyall

I booked for 4 days and loved it. Arrival at night , this place loloks fantastic all lit up, expecially the fountain and the pool. I paifd about £50 a night which is in the region of the Hardrock and Mercure. I then visited these hotels and others and made the pledge to stay at my hotel for another 10 days

It is very clean, the staff are helpful - yes there ae coachloads of Koreans and Russians but this is a popular resort and on some days it is pretty empty.

You will get taxis (200 baht max) in to town easily as thye are waiting at the hotel entrance and it's worth a little trip to e away from the hustle - it's a five / ten min journey.

The onsite restaurants are ok - the breakfast buffet was very good, catering for all cultures.

If I go back to Pattaya i will absolutlely come back here.

The Hardrock was so noisy with the beach/pool at the roadside and the blaring incesant music -fun inside, good for kids but not peaceful in the east.

The Mercure was terribly dated for decor, the staff showing me around looked miserable as sin and didn't want to talk. The views form higher rooms were great but the receoption area was full of miserable lokig people - possibly this place is too big to be friendly ??

Fantastic Value of Money by Joe Peradach

My family is staying at the Garden Cliff Resort and Spa which is one of those managed by Sofitel. We were recommended by a friend of mine who adored this hotel. Although we first planned to book another new 5* in Pattaya, we are more than happy to switch to this latter choice. The price is extraordinarily reasonable, compared with other compatible standard hotels in the area at the present time (the hotel was reportedly just opened for a little while). At approximately $100, we get a junior suite providing a great panorama ocean view, and its wide balcony. The reception staff are very friendly and helpful. We are also impressed with a bathroom with a bathtub overlooking the sea right out a big window. The room is functional, enjoyable and nice size (50 m2) with a very comfortable bed. Of course, the deal came with superb breakfast!

It is a little on the location, the Garden Cliff is located a bit further from Pattaya central area (within ten minutes by car). On an advantage side, it seems to be more relaxing and peaceful than you would expect from the city's general atmosphere. The hotel is on a walking distance to view one of Pattaya's landmarks, the Sanctuary of Truth (Prasat Saj Ja-Dhum - illustrating the four major philosophical and Thai artistic influences). The hotel's pools were modestly designed, whilst its front beach is overall just fine. This hotel would simply be rated at the top of 4.5*hotels in Pattaya. Check it out before the price is up!

Best Hotel Ever! by piggy10786

I went there in April with my boyfriend and another couple, this place was so fabulous! First of all, check-in was very efficient, it was done in less than 3 minutes. The swimming pool, although it was not huge, but the design of it was amazing, you will have a feeling of swimming out into the ocean while you are swimming just in the pool (see picture). Rooms were luxurious, nice amenties, spacious bathroom, and there is a window allowing you to see the bedroom (maybe designed for ppl who loves to watch tv while bathing...?). Food in the hotel has high standards, especially the breakfast buffet, lots of food to choose from. I would say the breakfast was the best meal we had in pattaya. Also, I would like to comment on the SPA, it was also very nice, we had a package of 2hrs45min scrub + massage, it was only $3000 baht....expensive in local standard, but when i convert the price to my home currency, it sounds reasonable, well, rather cheap. but it was a 5 stars spa! But if you r not looking for super luxurious massage, then don't do it in the hotel, there are lots of cheap massage in the town, however, they are so cheap in price that i doubt how good they can be:P One bad thing about the hotel, only one, is the private beach. The beach is so small that you don't want to do anything there. it depends on what u expect, I like to spend my time in the pool instead, so it really doesn't matter to me :D Also, another reminder, the town is 10-15 mins drive away from the hotel, but don't worry, there are always taxi somewhere outside the hotel, and the bell boys will gladly help u to catch one. By the way, taxis are cheap, and you can always bargain.

Absolutely Amazing Place by derekk2007

We stayed at the Garden Cliff as part of a vacation tour package to Thailand in March 2006. What an amazing place. The resort was just recently constructed and is probably one the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at. The only other hotel I've stayed at that even compares to the Garden Cliff in terms of amenities and luxury is the Intercontinental Resort (Moana Beach) in Bora Bora. Without a doubt, this hotel is a a solid 5 star resort (by US standards). The buffet breakfast they serve was superb with both standard Western items as well as Chinese, Thai, and Japanese choices. You will not leave hungry! The hotel staff were exceedingly polite and warm. The ambience and architechtural details of the place were visually breathtaking. My only criticism might be that the Hotel is a little bit away from the main action in Pattaya. In otherwords, you will need a taxi to go from the Hotel to the main tourist areas but this may be actually be a bonus depending on your perspective as you are in a sense secluded from the noise and commotion of Nightlife.

Read 55 additional reviews of Garden Cliff Resort and Spa

Stayed at Garden Cliff Resort and Spa? Share your insight.

Garden Cliff Resort and Spa also called