Al Ponte Antico Hotel

Room: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Al Ponte Antico Hotel

Ahhhh..... Venice!

"Matteo and his staff at the Al Ponte Antico are what made this such a special place to stay. Yes, the location is fantastic. Yes, the hotel was very very nice. Yes, the view from the breakfast terrace has to be seen to be believed. And yes, Venice can have that effect on you. But it was the service and the people that made our stay all the more special. Matteo made dinner reservations for us each night at places he suggested and they were always spot on. Drinks and a friendly chat on the terrace of an evening before heading out for the night were always a highlight of our day. And the fact that the staff made you feel like friends staying for the evening at their home rather than merely a guest in their hotel made us very sad to leave. We can't wait to come back!"

by ibridget

The Finest Hotel I've Stayed In

"My girlfriend and I have been lucky enough to stay in many hotels around the world at our comparatively young age and this is the finest hotel by far. No five star hotel can supply the experience that Al Ponte Antico and its staff do. Rooms were spacious and beautifully appointed with antique furniture, try the junior suite overlooking the grand canal for soemthing extra special. Breakfast was the finest I've had with Matteo on hand to cook omelettes or pancakes filled with anything and everything.The service was brilliant. Matteo was full of suggestions and we felt leaving that we genuinely made friends with our hosts. We will be back next year when hopefully the rock concert won't be called off! Thanks to Matteo and all the staff,

Paul & Eibhlin.

by paulinireland

Fantastic hotel in a great location with a terrific host

"Magnificent! My wife and I stayed for several days in May. Our room was beautifully decorated and very spacious. Breakfast had all the usual European foods, but with delicious 'made to order' omelettes! Great location, right by the Rialto Bridge. Every day we relaxed with drinks on the terrace overlooking the Rialto Bridge and Grand Canal. BEAUTIFUL! Matteo was the most incredible host, always helpful, friendly, with great recommendations for touring. His restaurant recommendations were EXCELLENT! I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again and I would love the opportunity."

by jimd304

A true spirit of Hospitality!

"What a wonderful experience we had at this hotel! I had read several reviews prior to booking this hotel and they were true! Matteo and all his staff are what make this hotel such a gem! We arrived on May 15th, and were greeted by name and with a warm welcome by the owner himself. In an age where customer service has truly gone out the window, this hotel is an example of the best customer service we have ever received. Matteo was very helpful and informative. He makes you feel like you are the most important client he has ever had. Truly! :o} The hotel is beautiful as well. We had the jr. suite with a view of the Rialto Bridge (wonderful!). In the afternoons, we would come back to the hotel and have some delicious cappucinos on the Terrace overlooking the canal. We recommend this hotel very highly. They truly make you feel like you are family and go the extra mile for anything you have need of! I can't wait to be back!"

by operasinger_7

Magnifico...

"Have just returned from a 3 night stay here and would readily recommend the hotel to everyone. It is ideally located on the Grand Canal with fantastic views from the terrace, day and night (and your room if you're lucky to get the same one as we did). Hotel transfers are usually tedious but if you travel by water taxi from the airport, the transfer to this hotel's private dock is a part of the Venetian experience not to be missed. Despite the central location, our room was spacious and quiet. Matteo is a refined and charming host whose command of English will, no doubt, put many of his future English-speaking visitors to shame! Ben fatto and grazie to the whole team; I could have stayed for a month."

by Holidayaddicted

Marvelous beyond words

"We stayed three nights at this marvelous hotel. It was the most positive hotel experience we have had -- ever. The staff members are like friends, the setting is the best in town, and the room was charming. I would love to stay there again."

by dale0353

A Gem of a Hotel

"Veneto, Italy: No longer a hidden gem. Absolutely Magnificent

Date: May 2007

Reviewer: Trip Advisor Member, Greenbrae, California

Matteo and Barbara, owners and their staff made us feel like family. Located 300 yards from the Rialto Bridge, which can be seen in full, directly on the Grand Canal with their own private boat dock and patio for breakfast and cocktails, this is the best location in all of Venice. Easily reached by water taxie or Vaporetto from Train station or Airport and return. Rooms are spacious, high ceilings, we had a king bed, bathrooms are large and modern. Breakfast can be a cold cerel, fruit, coffee, espresso, latte, juices, sweets, and eggs made to order or crepes.Sitting on the patio after a full day of sight-seeing sipping a cocktail and watching boats on the Grand Canal or people on the Rialto is very relaxing. Matteo is helpful is recommending Trattorias or restaurants for dinner. This is a 3 star now, but don't wait any longer, improvements are in the works, and a 4th star is more than likely in the future.The location is fabulous, walk outside the front door and your shopping, eating and exploring begin. Near St.Marks Square, Guggenheim Museum, Ghetto, Symphony, Vaporetto stops to everywhere, Al Ponte Antico is the Place to stay in Venice. Thank you Matteo.

Paolo & Sylvia

by proye

Just what I dreamed of

"I had worried about booking this hotel (recommended by Locanda Orseolo) in case their family hadn't taken it over by the time we arrived. But thankfully Matteo had been installed for a week by then.

And he really made the stay perfect.

We decided to take the motor taxi from the airport since it was 8.30 at night, and it was great just being dropped off straight at the dock of the hotel.

And then to be welcomed so heartily by Matteo, and the night porter Tomasino.

After seeing our wonderful room - very large and comfortable (Tomasino got whatever type of pillow we wanted) - we sat on the small terrace and just aclimitised ourselves to the city with a drink in our hands.

Each morning we were treated to a wonderful breakfast made by Matteo himself, (and served by the most pleasant Rosalba) - omelettes, scrambled egs, but my favourite was the chocolate biscuit pancake!

Matteo always asked our plans, and added some suggestions which helped us make the most of the city. He also booked a wonderful restaurant for us on the Saturday night. He seems to know everyone in Venice - and is willing to give out all his knowledge.

The hotel is in a very good position. Ok, once you come out of the sidestreet and hit the crowds it's a whole different scene, but it is very close to the Rialto Vaporetto stop (on the right side of the canal), and is walkable everywhere - 10 minutes at most to San Marco. We walked everywhere until the last day when we got the 24-hour Vaporetto pass, and then hopped on and off all day. (Mind you, our feet were sore by then!)

Matteo has all sorts of plans for improving the hotel, and I only hope we can get back there some day to see it again!

by fancybits

A wonderful experience

"This hotel has recently - 2 weeks ago - had a change of ownership and is now run by the superbly hospitable Matteo. We had the most idyllic stay in Venice aided by Matteo's passionate knowledge of the city that he is only too willing for you to tap into.

Nothing was too much trouble. Fun, friendly and charming service set this hotel apart and surpassed all our expectaions. Sitting on the gem of a terrace with a chilled beer (drinks are very reasonable by Venetian standards) gazing out onto the Rialto Bridge and Grand Canal it is easy to lose a few hours observing the hustle and bustle.

Location is ideal, a short walk from the main water buses that serve the major attractions.

by tmbe1964

Fantastic Hotel - We will be back

"Arrived back last night from our 3 night stay at the above hotel. My husband didn't want me to review the hotel as he didn't want everyone else knowing how good it is!!!

It has just been taken over by the Peruch family and is run by Matteo with help from Armando, Tomaso, Bruno and Rosalba, and probably others but whose names I didn't get, apologies if I have missed anyone out.

We arrived very late on Thursday but had wonderful greeting from Tomaso who helped us to our room, we booked a junior suite with a view of the Grand Canal, and I have to say it is one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in, and we travel a lot.

My husband had a business meeting the next day but Matteo promised to look after myself and our 10 year old son Sam, he started off by cooking me an omelette for breakfast and Sam pancakes, but breakfast also consists of fruit, croissants, cheese, ham, salami, yoghurt, cereal. Nothing was too much trouble.

After a day wondering round San Marco and the Rialto and whilst waiting for my husband to return, myself and my son sat on the Terrace watching the world go by, it was a wonderful experience.

Matteo kindly arranged a reservation for us at a restaurant which was fantastic, food and wine perfect, in a perfect square.

We had a brilliant l stay and there are many superlatives I could say about the hotel, but they would not explain what a good ttime we had. Matteo is a wonderful host, a great help with advise on gondola rides, restaurants and any others things we pestered him about, even to the knack of knowing when myself and Sam were lost in Venice, finding us and directing us back to the hotel!!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would go back in a heartbeat. In fact we normally go to the US for a week in Feb, but I think we may be going somewhere else this year!

Many thanks Matteo and to all your team for a wonderful stay, you really introduced us to Venice for which we are all very grateful.

Lesley, Wes and Sam

by Leemd

Map for Al Ponte Antico Hotel Closest airport: Venice Marco Polo (VCE) 4.3 miles