Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club

Room: 9.5/10
Service: 9.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club

Relaxation at its best

"Just returned from a 2 day stay at Tortuga Bay Resort. Only 7 minutes from the airport. VIP meet and greet transfers from airport to hotel can't be beat. Stayed in beachfront one bedroom jacuzzi suite which is located on 2nd floor of each villa. Colonial french doors opened to spacious balcony that offered truly magnificent ocean view letting in warm fresh air breeze. 12' high ceilings enhanced spaciousness of the room. limestone tile flooring throughout also included in the huge master bath suite. Your own private golf cart is provided so you can leisurely roam the area. Continental breakfast very tastefully done in Bamboo restaurant. Friendly, courteous staff is always willing to help and cater to your needs. Don't golf, but property does offer golf and tennis. La Yola restaurant made you feel as though you were in Thailand with it's bamboo wood construction. Food and service very good. Ocean very calm, but a slight bit rocky bottom in certain areas. Other than that, our only regret was we couldn't stay longer. .If you want pure relaxation, great weather, pampering, wonderful beach along with privacy and seclusion this is the place for you."

by revabob

Wonderful and relaxing getaway

"We recently visited this resort with another couple and we were extremely pleased. We have traveled to many of the top carribean resorts and this one clearly stood out. From the moment you arrive, you are whisked through customs and escorted to the hotel. The accomodations were superb and immaculate. The rooms were spacious and fully- equipped. The personal concierge service for each villa is always at your beckon call ready to answer any questions. In fact, you are provided with a cell phone with direct link to your personal concierge. The ocean is steps away from the villa. We stayed in one of the second floor units with a breathtaking view of a desolate beach. The resort was nearly full yet you always felt like the resort was your own. At the beach, a fully stocked cooler contained fresh fruit and beverages. A person was on duty at the beach for any needed services. The poolside restaurant was outstanding. July 4th featured both American and local Dominican cuisine with daily musical entertainment. The selection of tapas on the menu was a great snack late in the afternoon accompanied by pre-dinner cocktails. Each villa was supplied with a golf cart to travel to any of the other restaurants at either the marina or at the spa facility. The spa is excellent. The poolside work-out room was compact yet complete. Our friend played a round of golf and enjoyed it immensely. Only minutes away is a nature preserve with natural pristine lagoons available for a quick dip. There is no need to leave the compound since the resort has plenty to do during a quick getaway. The manager, Vincenzo Calcerano, was outstanding and obviously understands the nuiances of running a top of the line small resort with service as a priority (very different from many of the carribean resorts). The icing on the cake was the limousine service to the airport and personal escort with VIP service avoiding all the lines. Within minutes we were escorted to a VIP lounge to await our flight. Food, beverages, computer access and wide screen tvs made the end of the trip stress free when the airport can often be the most stressful part of the trip. When our flight was ready, our escort walked us to our gate. What a great way to end our trip. Hope to return in the very near future. A round of applause to Mr. Calcerano and his staff for a job well done. Dr. and Mrs. F"

by luv2travel1231

Superb Property and Staff

"Our family of five couples were there from July 9 to July 14. The property is spectacular, the accommodations extraordinary, the food excellent, the beaches clean with incredible vistas and most importantly the staff are courteous, smiling,friendly and thoughtful.

Having traveled extensively all over the world this, in our collective opinion, is one of the nicest properties in the world.

The two villa managers, Daphne Stines and Mariello Ferrir were wonderful to us. They are great representatives of the place. Can't say too much about them and Tortuga Bay. We will definitely come back and will recommend it to our friends.

Joe and Mary Kay Henson

by jmhinme

loved the Tortuga Bay

"June 6, 2008

Anaheim, California

We bought this trip through a charity event (Interval House) for 3 days, but booked for an extension of 3 more days and wish we extended more.

The resort is so beautiful, we bought the ocean view villa, but was upgraded to an ocean front villa. With perks like VIP greeting at the airport to take care of custom and immigration, we were whisked by without get into any lines, not even have to hold our own passports!!!! Then the same service was repeated when we departed. Love those special treatments!!! We also had our own villa's manager to take care of our requests.

The weather was so perfect, not too hot, the water was so clear, just perfect. There were rains at night, but the sun always came out in the morning, except for one day.

It was a slow season, we literally were there by ourself on the beautiful white sand beach, which were raked several times a day and even though there were only 4 of us (unless, if there was anyone else beside us, they must have stayed in their villa the whole time without even eating), but all of the 4 restaurants were always open with extremely cheerful and ready to please staffs and the foods were wonderful. We learned some Spanish words everyday given voluntary by the staffs at breakfast...

We had the golf cart to drive around between restaurants and the dive shop as well as bikes, it was fun. Did I mention they also have Six Senses Spa within the resort's ground?

All the staffs at the resort were so helpful and friendly.

The only thing that the resort needs to improve is their reservation desk. We almost weren't able to come, if I was not persistantly had the Interval House contacted them for my preferred dates as well as requested for extra 3 days and booked another villa for our friends. At least 2 weeks gone by without anyone contacted me back for their responses, then I had to call and faxed them my requests couple times myself. Just 2 days before my departure date, then they finally contacted me with the confirmation.

I don't know if they did not care for having guests or just a bad communitation skill???? You think with a beautiful place like that and not all the villas were booked, reservation desk should jump at any reservation opportunities and making sure all villas and or guests were taken care of. I think the management should re visit and retrain their reservation desk immediately.

Beside that, we just loved everything else at the resort.

by pamperredtraveler

Perfection in the Carribean!

"We have traveled to more than 20 islands in the Carribean, starting with our first trip to Caneel Bay in the early 80's. We are always seeking the perfect place - Tortuga Bay fits the bill.

We were treated like VIPs from the moment our feet hit the tarmac. A lovely young woman from the hotel greeted us as we stepped off the plane and whisked us through customs. We were at the property -no joke- 15 minutes after landing. The accommodations were breathtaking, Suite 6121: an enormous living room, 2 bedrooms, 2 luxurious bathrooms, kitchenette and a huge veranda overlooking the ocean, which was just steps away. Beautifully decorated with every luxury one could imagine. Guests are given their own golf cart to navigate the huge property along with a cell phone where you can reach your concierge at the press of a button. Service everywhere was friendly and efficient. Sumptuous breakfasts are included in the room rate. The restaurant at Tortuga, Bamboo, is lovely but guests can also avail themselves of the other restaurants on the Punta Cana property. We liked La Yola at the Marina as well as La Cana at the Golf Clubhouse. It was fun to take the golf cart out and explore! The entire experience was wonderful. We cannot wait to return!

by stock1040

Perfect

"This was a perfect resort experience. We were met at the hotel, sped through immigration, customs, etc. and arrived at our room within 30 minutes of landing. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and very private - it's like having your own Caribbean villa. Ignore the negative review entitled "PUNTA CANTA" - that review is of the larger resort next to the Tortuga Bay Hotel. For some reason it was posted on this page when it should not have been. The Tortuga Bay Hotel is amazing."

by Avon_Barksdale

We just love Tortuga Bay.....

"We are home over a week now and I can finally try to be objective about our stay at Tortuga - I had to let it all sink in to see if our stay was really as wonderful as it seemed.

First - yes, the airport experience is great. The arrival and departure is so painless that it enhances the Tortuga experience - stress free - and yes, it is almost embarassing to get such treatment. But we got used to it fast.

Victor met us and could not have been more helpful - dinner reservations made, tee times at La Cana (Pete Dye hanging around with his 2 beautiful goldens - got my dog fix!) and Cap Cana, bikes delivered, and introductions at Bamboo - all within the first hour. Relaxation almost instantanious.

So down to business:

our room was a one bedroom, 2 bath villa - could not have cleaner, ammenities were very good and bed was great The cleaning staff is on top of everything. We asked for early service and got it. Turn down was wonderful - I never got the name of the woman who did our turn down but she came at the same time each evening - it seems consistancy is important because the staff always maintained a schedule, no surprises.

As for the food - I can see where some would have a problem (not alot of choices) with it, but for us it was perfect. Bamboo was enough for me but then again I am so happy when I can order egg whites with spinach (ask for the menu) and fresh fruit. My husband had omlettes, pancakes and all those other goodies and he was pretty psyched. Here is an example of the service - there are always fresh juices on the buffet but Felix overheard us say we'd have like to try some fresh watermelon juice. 5 minutes later it was delivered. One day I asked if they made fresh papaya juice (great for the skin), once again - delivered.

After that as we sat by the pool Felix (no prompting) delivered that fresh watermelon juice daily - with fresh lime on the side and a glass of ice if we wanted it colder.

The drinks at Bamboo are the best at the resort. Antonio knows what he is doing - GREAT cocktails. Unfortunately I cannot say that about the other bars at the resort, including the club house. So for us we learned to have our happy hour with Antonio - who also served guac, chips and salsa at the bar. The best!

I will just say the staff is accomodating and actually sincerely happy. We did tip - so did that make a difference? Maybe, I don't know. One of the food service people, I will let him remain nameless, went up to my husband and thanked him for the generosity. These were not big tips but fair gratuities given the service.

So let me say this on behalf of the Tortuga team - if you visit, disreguard that 10% gratuity on food and drinks and add a couple of bucks. It means so little to all of us and so much to the staff. Be kind.

Lastly about the food - I was so happy with wonderful salads (lettuces are grown on premise and amazing) with grilled shrimp or fish - so simple, so good. Yet Naury (hope spelling is right and the man with the amazing smile, maybe Juan?) made my husband whatever he wanted.

Grilled lobster, a steak - any sides he wanted whether on the menu or not - they made it.

And as a food person I peeked in the kitchen - immaculate.

I owned 2 food stores in the Hamptons - I appreciate quality and it was delivered here.

The golf - this is from listening to my husband - La Cana is ok and so convenient it makes it all the better. BUT - CAP CANA? Well, we live in the land of Shinnecock, Sebonack and the National - this is on that level (since he isn't writing this I can share - he shot a 76 at Cap Cana). I went to the course with him that day and it was amazing - the problem there is the language barrier. I try to speak the language but I was hopeless there. And much of the staff spoke no English - yes, I know, we were in a Spanish speaking area but they are courting the Amercian dollar.........

Ok, sorry to be so long winded (I could go further - the spa, the grounds) but Tortuga Bay deserves its due - if you have a bad experience there it is on you - not them.

So yes, it is wonderful -

There isn't a doubt in our minds, we will return to Tortuga Bay - thank you!

by beachgirl30

Great Place

"A great vacation. Very expensive but worth it. The service was excellent and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The setting is nothing short of gorgeous. The service they provide to get you in and throught customs, check in, etc is a real time saver. The villa was top notch and nothing was crowded even in high season. No waiting for anything!"

by dewey8

reluctant to disclose the secret!

"The best for someone in their mid-60's, but I need somehwere to dance Oscar! I will definitely be back."

by bhb2460

Heaven on earth, Tortuga Bay

"It was a real pleasure and joy to stay at such an exquisite hotel. Thank you to the wonderfull staff that made our stay at one of the most memorable rooms ever. An amazing view of the caribbean sea combined with a room with all the comforts and beauty anyone can ask for.

We hope to return to this unique place.

A warm thanks from,

Fernando Lama and Family

by FernandoL

Read more reviews of Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club at TripAdvisor

Map for Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club Closest airport: Punta Cana (PUJ) 3.4 miles