Amwaj Rotana

4.5 star

Good

Room: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Amwaj Rotana

Another gem find in Dubai

"I was warmly welcomed and upgraded when my non smoking room appeared to be a tad smokey, naughty naughty guests! in UK there would have been a warning issued for smoking on the non smoking floor. still I had a beautiful sea view premier room . Staff are delightful, helpful and friendly, breakfast was an event in itself with a good choice of stations ranging from the hot chef to the continental selection. Eat inside or out, although still too hot for me Rosso Italian restaurant good value for money especially early dining times as certain dishes are half price. also look out for lqadies night and coctail night in the Rosso bar. I will be back!! Hotel is close to the beach, Marina and marina mall. 10Dhs by taxi."

Management response from AmwajRotana, 12 Apr 2011

Dear Guest, We just recently got an access to reply to our guest here in Tripadvisor and it was a pleasure reading your feedback as it through comments such as yours that we are able to improve our services and facilities. I was pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our services and facilities met with your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back to Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai in the near future and assuring you of our best services and prompt attention at all times. With kind regards, Timur Ilgaz General Manager Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai

by ScotlandBossyboots

Not a 5 star at all waste of time and money!

"I stayed here for 6 nights during my Dubai round trip in several hotels.. this hotel dissapointed me because of the bad service you get and the arrogant stupid man from room service who refused to bring me a drink because he doesnt open bottles just for one drink and only came if i bought the whole bottle like im some kind of alcoholist! You should really shame on yourself for this one.. i mean who do you think you are? What client wants client gets! Ever heard of that?

Anyway.. Room was ok, clean and average small bathroom.. The hotel itself is not that spectacular at all and after a few days the daily room cleaning went from 4 starts to i'm to lazy to clean 1 star.. I tried to call a local friend with the hotelroom phone but did not knew you should dial a 0 before the mobile number that lead to 10x wrong number tone but they charged me 2DHS per try anyway!!!!!!!! For a wrong number that doesnt even ringssss!!!!! They charged me 10DHS for the power adapter that i gave back to the reception after checkout anyway... The only thing we did in this hotel was sleeping in the room, showering and that's it. Besides this there is nothing to do in the hotel and it's full of german people and i don't like them! This is not a bad bad hotel but not a 5 star hotel either!! I would never come back to this hotel ever since there are wayyy more better hotels in DUbai than this one... This is really a waste of money and they have THE WORST EXCHANGE RATE IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY!! They literally steal money from you when you change money at the reception with that outdated rate...

The best thing of the hotel is the polite and good service from the bell boys and front door boys who welcome you kindly everytime you come back to the hotel from outside.. other than that Bullocks!

My dad owns a worldwide travel magazine and i will defenitely put this one in it under bad hotels...

by Mr-van-Embricqs

It doesn't get much better than this!

"We booked the Amwaj for 6 nights at the last minute so were a little concerned as to what we might get. We need not have worried, it was amazing. On arrival we had a very quick, friendly and efficient check in at the spacious, airy and contemporary reception/lobby area.

The twin room that we had was great, very clean and spacious with minibar, tea and coffee making facilities, bathrobes, slippers and large tv. The room was cleaned during the afternoons to a high standard, and housekeeping visited each evening to check whether we required more towels/turn down service. The beds were the most comfortable that I have ever slept in.

We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and ate each morning at the Horizon restaurant. We were very pleased with the quality of the food and drinks, all tasted were catered for, and the staff were welcoming and efficient.

The facilities in the hotel were good. We spent the majority of our time at the pool during the day. It was easy to get a lounger as we were up early, but we never really saw anyone struggling to find somewhere to sit, parasols were also available. The pool was clean and a good temperature. There was also a children's pool which was shaded.

There is no private beach, but there is access via the pool area to the public beach which was pretty deserted at the times we went. There are no shades or loungers available in this area. The sea is clear and very warm.

It was Ramadan when we visited - the hotel did not open the pool bar during this time and requested that guests refrained form eating and drinking around this area during the day, this really wasn't a problem. There's a supermarket in the plaza behind the hotel where you could buy drinks and keep in your fridge.

The hotel is situated on the Beach Walk which has plenty of good restaurants to eat in.

My only slight criticism of the hotel would be that there is no free wi-fi.

This really was a great hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it.

by mink55

Amazing stay at the Amwaj Rotana

"We stayed at the Amwaj Rotana for 6 nights in August. We got a really good deal as it was Ramadam. The hotel is ideally placed on Jumeirah Beach Walk, plenty of restaurants nearby, on the beach and in a lovely area. The quality of service, cleanliness of the hotel and the customer service was excellent. The buffet breakfast in the Horizon Restaurant was very high quality, with everything you could possibly wish to eat. The rooms were very comfortable with good amenities. The swimming pool area was very clean, plenty of sun loungers and the pool attendants were attentive and helpful.

I would recommend this hotel.

Management response from AmwajRotana, 12 Apr 2011

Dear Guest, We just recently got an access to reply to our guest here in Tripadvisor and it was a pleasure reading your feedback as it through comments such as yours that we are able to improve our services and facilities. I am delighted to read your comments and I am happy that our services and facilities met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future and assuring you of our best services and prompt attention at all times. With kind regards, Timur Ilgaz General Manager Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai

by weezworld

Fantastic hotel but don't be misled into thinking there are family rooms

"We would recommend this hotel to anyone - the rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful, and the food good. Perhaps because we were there in low season, the pool was empty and we never had any problem getting sun beds. Although the hotel doesn't have a private beach, it does provide access to the public beach which is only 300 metres away. The hotel is situated on the Walk, which provides a large variety of places to go to eat in the evening if you can't be bothered to use one of the cheap taxis to travel further afield. Our only complaint? We had to pay for a second room. We travelled with two children (aged 12 and 7) and when we booked via an agent in the UK we understood that we were all to be in one family room, and it appeared that the hotel had accepted our booking on that basis. When we arrived in Dubai, the hotel had booked 4 people in one room but had a policy that each room could only have a maximum of 1 additional bed, giving us a double room with 1 extra bed. This was not practical, and we therefore had to pay for second room. The hotel did however give us a free upgrade to club rooms with full sea view. We have heard of another hotel where this has happened so don't get caught out. If you want a family type room where your young children can sleep in the same room, make absolutely certain that the hotel really has the facilities before you book."

by DavidandEmma

Food poisoning....

"We had one night in a club room at the Amwaj Rotana. The staff service was good,but I got really sick (food poisoning).

The only thing the hotel did was to get me a doctor even I was there alone with my two teenagers....It would have been nice if staff had arsked me if they could do anything else for me or my children as they are only 11 and 14 years and I had to stay in bed for treatment....By the way I had some kind of food poissing and I went to the drug store next door and they told me that I was the 3 guest from the hotel that day, so I guess they have a problem in the hotel !!!!!!!Maby I got my food possing from this hotel????So I would NOT eat in the hotel again......

The rooms were only okay.Bathroom was very small. The decor in the hotel was very standart compred to other Dubai hotels....the staff in club lounge were very good....

by dk-trips

Great hotel, great restaurants...

"Stayed for two nights in Club Room - gives you access to the Club Lounge - complimentary wireless internet, drinks throughout the day, cakes between 3.30 and 5.30 and canapes and alcohol between 6 and 8pm.

Room was spacious and large bed was very comfortable. Decent shower and L'Occitane toiletries.

Buffet breakfast is served in Horizon restaurant. Good range and quality.

Benihana restaurant is excellent as is Rosso. The bar at Rosso is very relaxing. Wine is available by the glass and by the bottle and is not 'rip off' that is often the case in Dubai.

Staff were very welcoming - actually a bit much at times, but hotel is new and staff are clearly trying really hard to make your stay a good one.

Pool area is pleasant - but not used by us as Dubai is too hot in July for sitting outside.

Hotel is also in a good location on The Walk - in cooler times of the year, it is a great place to walk with lots of places to eat (though a lot are not licenced).

Highly recommend this hotel and will be going back just for the restaurants as well as to stay.

by dunno

Excellent . Best Choice in Dubai

"Stayed for one night at Amwaj Rotana - Dubai and enjoyed my stay to the maximum. The Hotel belongs to one of the biggest hotel chains in the middle east and enjoys a prime location on Jumeirah Beach Residence and is located directly on THE WALK which is full of upscale brands,restaurants and bars. Other hotels (Hilton Jumeirah,Movenpick Jumeirah,Sheraton and the Ritz Carlton) are all close by but believe me this Hotel stands the best choice and is far better than all the others.The Hotel has just opened in June and is selling rooms at very special pre-opening rates which are valid till end of August starting from AED 500/-++ so hurry up as offer is valid for limited period.I arrived at 04:30pm and check in was swift and prompt with a very welcoming receptionist (TAMER) who presents a warm and genuine welcoming atttude. I booked a classic sea view room and was allocated room no.1007on10th floor. Room Size was very good, bed was extremely comfortable. Bedsheets and all other amendities were clean and spotless.Bathroom is very modern and clean with all expected amenties available. All rooms have balconies however considering the soaring high temeratures in Dubai exceeding 50c in summer & to ensure that your room is cold it is unadvisable to use the balcony during summer time.Used the swimming pool and SPA facilties and all are top class facilities with no complains.Breakfast is served at Horizon restaurant located on 1st floor, however that morning the restaurant was overcrowded and reaching the buffet was a bit inconvienent, re-filling was a bit slow and service was noticed slow.The hotel features 2 other restaurants (BENIHANA for seafood,sushi and steaks and ROSSA an italian restaurant and bar lounge) which are a very great choice for an evening meal with very good service levels. The Hotel is a very good choice for any traveller visiting Dubai .Finally...I wish to thank Mr.Michael (Front Office Director) for showing the very high levels of customer care by solving any issue to ensure that all guests are enjoying their stay. Personally....I have found my new home in Dubai which is AMWAJ Rotana and will never think twice.it's simply a hidden gem!"

by Rani78

The best for me so far

"As the title says , this has been the best so far in my travels to Dubai . We arrived late at night and were checked in swiftly and taken to our rooms straight away . The rooms are well equiped with all the amenities you could ask for . We had a twin room with a fold away bed ,Over the two weeks i found the bed to be a bit on the hard side . We ate almost every day in the Horizon buffet restaurant and every day was a complete culnary experience , we found every member of the staff to be very helpful and they would go out of their way to assist the customer . Nothing seemed to be too much bother for any of the chefs ,if there was nothing in the buffet that suited your taste(which would be highly unusual ) , they would make you something else , i found this to be a great bit of service.

The pool area is very spacious and manned at all times by lifeguards and service staff . The kids pool is also very large (but shallow ) and covered from the searing sun . Great staff also around the pool and bar area .

All in all i found this to be a great hotel , very modern , clean and served by great staff .

by markyparky

Nice new hotel in good location

"Rotana have had a clever promotion with a free night in a hotel for money spent in their restaurantsi. We were happy to find that the new Amwaj Rotana was to be our free night. This is a new hotel in a good location on Jumeriah Beach between the new Sofitel and the older and famous Sheraton. The staff are almost trying too hard to be welcoming but the rooms are nice with good views to sea. Despite the night being free we were upraded to a Superior room which was spacious and well fitted out. There is no access to the beach, unlike others in this part of the city, and the pool complex is fairly ordinary. The hotel feels a bit like converted apartments. We ate at the Benihana where the staff outnumbered the diners and we di not need to hear the life story of our waitress. But the food was terrific and the restaurant was nice. There are lots of choices of places to eat in the vicinity of the hotel and this would be a great place to stay in the winter when The Walk is great spot. With so many rooms on offer, there must be good deals to be had at all of the hotels in this part of the city?"

by IanfromRAK