Solvasa Geranios Suites & Spa

Good

Service: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Solvasa Geranios Suites & Spa

Quiet hotel, great space, limited facilities

"Stayed in the villa complex of this hotel and was stunned by the amount of space we had to ourselves. The staff were delightful (having an 11 month old child with us helps in Spain).

Things that disappointed were that the kids club was closed (altough we were there off season), the air-con in our bedroom was broken, as was a door handle to the balcony. I can see from these what some other people mean about this hotel missing something.

It is slightly out of town (5 minute walk to the towncentre) and if location is your main driver the Barcelo club is more central (Geranios is closer to town than the Sheraton).

It makes my recommended list due to the comfort of the space we had. The pools are lovely and far less crowded than the more central hotels. There's a little shop in the complex that seels all the main items a family will need (including nappies etc) that stays open late (until 10pm).

by RichieDub

a very nice quite relaxing hotel

"Flew out with Airtours on the 6th Oct 07 on a last minute cheap deal, flew out on a MyTravel Airways flight from London Gatwick the flight departed on time and arrived 10 minutes early, I booked an extra leg room seat having flown with them before (there's not much leg room on there Airbus A320 planes) the baggage was already going round on the carousel when I got to the baggage area which made getting from plane to coach very speedy. It was then on a 15 minute coach trip to the hotel.

On arrival at the hotel, check in was very speedy and i was taken to my room by a porter who took all my baggage, I open the door to my room and was very surprise at the size of the apartment. I had a large hallway which lead to the lounge area, off the lounge area were doors that lead to a large tastefully furnished bedroom with ample wardrobe space, digital safe, dressing table and coffee style table with arm chairs, from the bedroom (and a separate door from the lounge) was the modern designed bathroom with a separate toilet room, the bathroom had everything needed, Bath / Shower, Ample clean towels, hair drier, two glass hand basins and toiletries for all your needs.

The kitchen is a fully fitted style kitchen with a two ring hob, fridge, microwave/convection oven and all the utensils, pots, pans and crockery required. The lounge area has a dining table with chairs, a settee that converts in to another bed, coffee table, arm chair and TV (not a very good selection of TV channels but I don't go on holiday to watch TV) my balcony over looked the pool area, it was a large balcony with a table and four chairs and it also had a fold out washing line.

Hotel staff - Contrary to other revues I have read, I found the reception staff very helpful in fact all the staff were very friendly.

Food – I didn’t eat in the restaurant so I can’t comment on this area. I would however like to recommend a couple of restaurants that’s I ate in, for a great full English breakfast and a snack, I would recommend the beach café just outside the hotel on the sea front. For a great steak meal I would recommend the Irish steak house in the commercial center.

Hotel Entertainment – This was non existent really, they do advertise a daily entertainment program but the hotel is so quite that this doesn’t seem to happen, for a good evening out with some entertainment I recommend Pieros Café bar they have great entertainment every night.

Pool & Terrace Area - The pool area was large and spacious with 3 pools, a bar that served food and plenty of sun beds (you don’t need to fight for a sun bed here (there’s not many people here))

Cleanliness – The whole hotel was kept spotlessly clean

Internet – there is free internet access in the hotel lobby area, if you have your laptop you can connect to the hotels wireless network (wouldn’t work in the room but worked fine in the lobby)

Location – The hotel is situated on the seafront about a one minute walk to the sandy part of the beach. The commercial center where you will find the shops, bars and restaurants is less than a five minute walk away (close enough to walk to but far enough away not to hear any noise)

Talking of noise, being so close to the airport the resort is under the flight path to the airport and they are quite lowish when they fly over the hotel, for me personal I didn’t find this a problem, the first flight in the mornings seemed to be about 08:30 ish and the last at night was about 10:30 ish. In the room I couldn’t really hear them and they never woke me when I was asleep.2

Being a solo traveler, one thing I can say about the resort is that I personal felt completely safe walking around day and night.

I met some very nice people at the hotel, Hi to Julia, Mick & Jean and Rachell (the Airtours rep, the best rep I’ve met)

There are other reviews for this hotel on tripadvisor found under its previous name “Aparthotel Los Geranios”

by Marky36

Looking for somewhere quiet and peaceful then visit Geranious Suites

"Written in October 2007

Myself and my other half visited the Geranious Suites in Caleta de la Fuste in June of this year. We booked through OntheBeach.co.uk fairly last minue. I do believe, in my opinion, this is a fiarly accurate description.

I understand that June is a quiet time for this hotel so if you are looking for solitude then this is the time to go. My husband and I at one time were sitting by one of the three pools and we were the only two people using the facilities. By the way the pools were spotless at the time of our visit and the same can be said for our suite which looked as if it had never been used before. (Bathrobes and slippers provided)The bathrooms were very modern and again spotless. The actual architecture of the hotel does look a bit out of place in a sun and sand resort but who cares about the outside. The inside is a bit like a "vortex" but our main concern was our room and we were more than happy.

The food in the restaurant varied. We only ate in the hotel on about 3 occasions (we had booked on a room only basis), the first time the variety and freshness could not be faulted, the second time I would say it was about average and the third time, the food looked a little tired and there was not much variety - To be fair this could have been due to the fact that we ate a lot later in the evening on the third occasion.

The evening entertainment was abysmal but we took the short 5 minute walk into town and found there was always something going on. (no problem)

Contrary to other revues I have read, the reception staff were very helpful when posed with a question.

I should add that we are both in our late 50's and this hotel would not suit youngsters looking for a bit of fun. I hope this review is helpful

by SuzanneLondon

brilliant holiday

"I have just returned from a weeks holiday at the above hotel with my husband and daughter it was a last minute decision but what a decision it was. The hotel was 5 + stars, all staff wonderful and helpful and not patronising and not in your face! Accomodation 'what more could you ask for', spacious, clean, well kept. We stayed half board, the food was fabulous, something for all tastes and more.

Choice unbelieveable, service wonderful. Pool area quiet but very relaxed, maintenance and cleanliness great. We have read other comments about staffs language difficulties but lets remember we are visiting them and their country.

We will certainly return and have recommended to others already.

by elmtreecot

Lovely Hotel but missing something

"Just back from this hotel and although it says 5 star I would give it 4. The hotel is lovely and quiet although my husband found it a bit too quiet. Rooms are lovely and really spacious. I think they need to do a few things to be deserving of a 5 star. When we arrived we were given a map of the hotel but it was in spainish as they had run out of English ones, I thought this was a bit silly considering it was only a photocopy. There was no information on the hotel in the room I think this is something they need to do include a welcome pack with hotel and area information. The receptionist Monica who checked us in was very pleasant. There was no kettle or toaster in our room but we got one as soon as we asked. We stayed on a b&b basis and there was a good selection for everyone, only problem they run out of little teapots and dont seem to replace them so you have to bring your cup up to make tea in, they also had a kettle for most of the week as there hot water cylinder was broken this was back on our last morning but we couldnt drink the tea as it was cold. We went down at 9am each morning with the exception of one and there was not as good a selection of food they didnt seem to be replacing it. You can have fresh bacon and eggs cooked while you wait and they also do lovely crepes. The bar at night was always empty but there is entertainment at it. The hotel is in a lovely location right on the beach. To the right of the hotel is the Sheraton and up from that is the Atlantico shopping centre where there is a big Eurospar. The shop underneath the hotel is not bad a good selection, this also has a lovely little bakery and cafe. I would go back to this hotel no problem but do think it is struggling. One other thing we found really annoying there was only 2 english channels CNN and Sky News for the amount of English people there you would think there would be a better selection especially for those with children who dont get to stay out late at night."

by tinayeates

Good but not 5 Star

"There are some good points and bad points with regards to this apart-hotel. I have stayed at numerous 5 Star hotels around the world and in the canaries. If i was to rate this is would rate at most 4 star. For the english traveller the hotel is very spanish orientated with only reception staff speaking english making asking for things at breakfast difficult. There are not the things you would expect at a 5 Star hotel like a porter, room service, airport pickup etc. It was quiet when i was there as others have noted but this was a good thing. It was also not very good value for money for the service that you get. However as for self catering apartment it is about the best i have seen in the caneries and beats any middle of the road aprtments, just do not expect a 5 star hotel. If you want that go to the mare nostrum resort in tenerife which is 4 star but much better value for money. I would look to pay about 800 uk pounds per week for 2 people for a holiday there, any more than this look elsewhere."

by psjohners

brill holiday

"we booked a last minute deal, it was beyond all r expectations, i looked up reviews hear and they were very mixed, the hotel was lovely, rooms were 5 star!

we had 2 junior suites that were spotless! the pool area was lovely and clean aswell, we had breakfast in the hotel, the selction was a bit poor but the fresh crepes were yummy!

we also enjoyed the spa it was great really was the icing on the cake,

the resort was a bit quite but we enjoyed meals out every night, there was a lovely italian resturant up in the top of the shoppin mall i would reccomend.

i took photos since i coulnt find many b4 i went

by sazdstar

Location is an excellent base

"October 06.

If you want an excellent base for exploring Fuerteventura then this is it. It is also ideally situated in Caleta de Fuste. It is right on the beach and only 5-10 minutes walk either way for shopping, restaurants and entertainment. There is no entertainment to speak of in the Hotel in fact we did not see anyone drinking in the bar at all. There was a singer but he was singing to himself. It seems that the whole place is totally lacking when it comes to promoting itself. We were self catering yet when we checked in the guy checking us in could not even tell us the price of any of the meals in the restaurant. (they usually cannot wait) Also there was no literature at all in the rooms advising meal times, where the spa is etc. etc. We had to really search around to find the spa as there are absolutely no signs anywhere for anything except room numbers and fire escapes. It was also really quiet (which we loved) but we felt like the only people staying there for the first few days. The spa was lovely and the pools are too. We did have one of the rooms which caught the afternoon sun with a sea view(285) which was great. Would definitely return.

by JulyTwo

Five Star?

"Just returned from a week at the Geranios Suites. Despite the large number of rooms / guests I found it very quite in and around the hotel - a good thing in my book. Apartments are well situated - between beach and 'town'. Suites have most of what you'll need whilst away and are cleaned daily. Hotel Architecture is a little dull and being on the flight path would not be ideal in peak season. Staff all very helpful and friendly. Food (buffet style) choice and quality reasonable, but a little obvious and lacking in any 'wow' factor. I'd never classify it as a 5 star but an OK 4 would not be un-reasonable. Bottom line - I'd go back (out of season and if the price was right)."

by RRSC

Ghost town

"Arrived at this hotel for a weeks holiday, but only stayed for an hour. When we walked round the pool there was not one person around. I also tried to make a telephone call from the hotel, but was told it was not possible. It is a very depressing looking hotel. I Would only rate this hotel as a 2 star certainly not a five and would not go back even if someone paid me."

by mckinney

Read 99 additional reviews of Solvasa Geranios Suites & Spa

Map for Solvasa Geranios Suites & Spa Closest airport: Fuerteventura (FUE) 4.1 miles