Corinthia Hotel St. Georges Bay

Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Corinthia Hotel St. Georges Bay

Nice hotel but........!

"Just got back from a week long stay for a friends wedding.

The hotel was beautiful with three pools, around 5 different eating places and beautiful rooms.

We arrived very early in the morning and were greeted by friendly reception staff who had organised a taxi transfer for us from the airport after a short email to them.

Room was fabulous. We were on the 3rd floor and our room over looked the courtyard. The sea view rooms would not be worth the extra in my opinion as they were over the busy and noisy pool.

Air con was fabulous and could be left on unlike our friends hotel, the Westin Dragonara, were the key card had to be removed when leaving each day turning off the electrics!

Maid service was excellent, fresh towels and bedding each day but beware...if you want a lay in, out the sign on the door as they maids came around 08:00!!!!

The gym was not as good as it said as it is being updated. The day spa was lovely with an indoor pool, sauna and jacuzzi. The outdoor pools were extremly busy and full of people who had put thier towels down and left them!! First day we couldnt get a seat!!! When we finally did, our magasine and otion was pinched while we were in the pool!! Charming!

Breakfast was brilliant. Plenty of options to eat. Didnt eat in the hotel but used the outside restraunts which are in the grounds such as Henry J Beans, a Grill house. Service here was brilliant and they showed football and F1 on big screen. Other eating places such as fancy fish joint and italian and cafe 24 all looked great.

Hotel prices as you'd expect for a 5* but the smaller pool cafes were much cheaper.

Got caught out with the ATM as they only accept mastercard, visa and cirus. With a maestro we were stumped! Hotel and exchange in the awful town centre charged a huge comission.

The staff were nice and spoke very good english. Rooms have hairdryer, iron can be delivered to our room on request and has a shower and bath. Tv with pay per view movies, limited tv channels and internet connection. Also has a fully stocked mini bar and a trouser press.

Would go back to the hotel but not when the kids are off as way too busy and the town is a real dive!

by Dhali82

Lovely hotel will stay there again....

"Had a 9 night stay at the hotel last month and my fiance loved the hotel... Ok it might not be a "perfect in every detail" 5* more like 4*+ but the hotel is very well appointed with tasty food from the menu.

We had no problems at the hotel, the staff were very helpful and freindly, we loved the fact you had a quick walk to the bay and could swim in the sea every day, the water is very clean and easy to float - although please note the water is quite deep and kids should not be left unattended.

We would stay at the hotel in the future.... very relaxing. Also you are in a quite spot at the end of the bay unlike the noisy St Julian's nearby!!

Enjoy!

by WindsorboyUK

Very friendly, clean etc

"Fantastic hotel - helped make it a brilliant holiday. The staff were very helpful and friendly - but not too friendly, just the right level. The rooms were cleaned to a high standard each day and were comfortable and well equipped. The hotel facilities were always clean and well maintained. The food was generally to a high standard, we stayed 7 nights but on one occasion the fruit at breakfast didn't seem as fresh as previous days. This was only one occasion and all other mornings the food was fresh, well presented and a good variety. Woudl definately stay here again. Only downside was that St Georges Bay is a bit grotty, but too be expected being in the main tourist part!"

by dpjm1981

not really 5 *

"have just spent 2 weeks here for a holiday, we booked a junior suite which was fantastic, good staff,good service and some good eating places on sight. my only complaint would be that bed linen was sometimes torn and towels in bathroom were worn and threadbare also the pool is open to the public and becomes really busy, so we only used the pool area on one day which was very disapointing, would not recommend if you like to lie at a nice peaceful pool. feel the brochure should maybe look at four star rating and inform about pool area being a public amenity."

by drewGlasgow

not a 5*- terrible service

"Corinthia San Gorg is not a bad hotel but the only 5* thing about it are the swiming pools, not the best but pretty good for Malta where all the pools are tiny.

The bathrooms are small and the service terrible. It doesn't matter what you ask for, they won'r bring it to you

Rooms are average. Views pretty good but in general and for what you pay.... not worth it.

It is by the coast (no beach) and the water around it is so dirty that you can't have a swim in it.

The location is not bad as you have a 10-15 minute walk to Portomaso where all the nice restaurants and clubs are.

If you want my advise stay at Hotel Juliani a beautiful butique hotel surounded by nice restaurants bars. For clubs try 22, on the 22nd floor of the Portomaso tower.

by LPM

Very good value

"Just completed a business trip to Malta and really enjoyed the visit. I found the hotel, both very friendly and good value. The hotel claims to have a 5 stars superior rating, however there we some niggly bits that disppointed me. Holes in the towels, shabby bathroom finish, tiles missing and paint a little discoloured inplaces. However, the service and quality of food soon put a smile back on my face. Would recommend the Chicken Caeser Salad and the Wings and ribs at HJ beans (on site) are fantastic. My regards to Rita who very kindly sorted me out.

Getting around.

I would recommend car hire as a cheap and easy way to get around malta. I used Swansea Car Hire and they rented me a luvly like Focus for 3 days for less that £100.00 (inc all insurances.)

by r2602

Lacking 5 stars

"Me and My girlfirend recently stayed in the Corintha san gorg hotel in Malta. The hotel was very impressive from the outside but certain things like out bath , the paint was pealing and the balcony needed renovation. Didnt expect this from the hotel.

The staff were very forgetful and we had a few incidences during our stay, like forgeting to deliver breakfast to our room in the morning, giving us the incorrect room and asking us if it would be ok to push the 2 single beds together ( didnt happen ) and trying to charge us for breakfast even though we previously paid. They didnt seem too organised.

On a good note , they were very friendly, there was 3 pools and plenty of sundecks, some right beside the sea with beautiful views, i would recommend satying in the sea view room, this is a must.

Apart from the issues i had I dont think i would stay again, it was a nice hotel, but did lack the 5 stars it was given.

by colin_morrissey

AMAZING!!!

"I stayed at the Corinthia San Gorg last week with my boyfriend for just under a week..I was quite hesistant reading some of the reviews that said it was a poor hotel, but as soon as we arrived, my fears were quashed. We were greeted with a delicious welcome drink as reception checked whether our room was ready. We were led to the third floor to a beautifully clean and spacious room with a wonderful view overlooking the pool and the sea. During our stay there the staff were kind and attentive, the hotel was clean and well furnished and the pool was lovely. We each had a massage which relaxed us to no end, and ate in the newly opened fish restaurant, Henry J. Beans and the frau martino restaurant which had a buffet. Although prices were fairly steep for food and water, we found this to be the case in many other places we visited, so I think it was generally the island which has increased prices. We visited the Radisson to learn scuba diving, and the staff there were extremely rude and unhelpful, and also visited the casino in the Dragonara and found the decor to be old and dated..concluding that the San Gorg was definitely worth the money spent - we had a fantastic time and highly recommend it to all!"

by RRR07

Excellent

"I have been visiting Malta on business every 3 months for the past 4 years. With the exception of the last 2 visits, when the hotel was fully booked I have always stayed at the Corinthia San Gorg.

I find the accomodation and staff to be excellent as I do all facility's.

In July of 2007, I extended my business trip and took my family. The staff were wonderful with the children and could not do enough for us.

Prices have increased over the last year but this would not put me off booking the San Gorg for either a business or holiday stay in Malta.

I look forward to my next visit in July 2008.

Mr. Craig Russell.

by CraigrUk

Over rated

"In my opinion this hotel is not a 5 star hotel. Although the rooms were nicely furnished, they were very small. The breakfast buffett was sufficient but the restaurant area where you are seated is really quite dark and drab.

All facilities are 'open' to guests of the sister hotel next door, where the pool is very small hence the pool at the Corinthia San Gorg gets really busy as all the guests from next door take residence during the day and sunloungers can be in great demand. People from the hotel next door were putting their towels out as early as 6.00am to get a place (one family of about 10 people from the hotel next door put their towels out every morning which seemed unfair to the residents actually staying at the hotel.) The pool area was always crowded.

The other big, big issue is that conferences are held at the hotel, and as they are held around the pool area, the management actually closed the area off from 4.00 in the afternoon to paying guests (which I thought was a real cheek) in order for them to set up the area for their delegates. We then had the pleasure (not) of sitting on our balcony listening to an awards ceremony until 10 in the evening, not exactly a relaxing atmosphere.

We would certainly not stay here again, we were made to feel as if we were second best to delegates, therefore if you want a 5 star hotel where you are treated as a guest, book one of the other hotels in the area.

by Linda94

Read more reviews of Corinthia Hotel St. Georges Bay at TripAdvisor

Map for Corinthia Hotel St. Georges Bay Closest airport: Malta International (MLA) 2.5 miles