Valentin Star Hotel

Stayed at Valentin Star Hotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Food: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Valentin Star Hotel

« 13 4 5 »
Another wonderful holiday

"Third visit to this lovely hotel. Each visit the hotel improves and can never find anything to complain about. Wonderful hotel, location, and surroundings, not to mention great food and the most amazing friendly staff. This hotel is a must to visit in Minorca with its tranquil marina and warm seas. Cant wait for my next visit."

by theplatt

Perfect!

"We booked this hotel for the first 4 days of our holiday, and didn't want to leave!

The first impressions were good, welcoming reception, the bars and pool looked wonderful in the evening when we arrived. A porter took our luggage to the rooms, which was welcome when we arrived a bit hot and tired!

We had booked three rooms which were not next door to each other, and even though we were only a couple of rooms apart, the reception immediately offered a change for the following day. We had a pool view behind the stage - this wasn't a problem as the entertainment did not finish too late (11.15). We were able to sit on our ground floor balcony and watch the entertainment.

The food was wonderful - we all found something to our liking. My 15 year old son asked why he doesn't eat this well at home! There were selections of fish, chicken, veal, pork, beef, pizzas, salads, pasta, fruit, cheese, desserts - I have never seen such a choice before!

The hotel was immaculately clean, and the pool area was outstanding. The pool starts as shallow as a paddling pool and gradually gets deeper - perfect for children.

There wasn't much in the way of entertainment for children, but to be honest this wasn't a problem as we were able to spend the time with the children in the pool. A few games were organised in the pool but not many people joined in.

The evening entertainment was good, not too tacky and my overall impression was that this hotel is ideal for couples and families. The staff were excellent - my husband was very impressed with the fact that he was followed by a waiter who had rushed to tell him that he had overpaid!

I cannot fault this hotel at all. This is the best hotel that we have ever stayed at.

by Huzza

The best hotel I have ever been in. I...

"The best hotel I have ever been in. I agree with the other comments and Monika was a very friendly waitress!

The pool is so spotless and music is played nearly all the time to ensure your holiday is relaxing and the resort has fabulous facilities and shops.

All the staff were good and I have no down points apart from the cleaners didn’t speak English but what can you expect from a place that seems so far from home when its only a two hour flight from Norwich airport!

Book here with First Choice it is the best hotel to go to in the area, it’s a lovely quiet island, unlike Ibiza and is perfect for a family holiday, even you elderly relatives will love it here.

With very friendly locals, and the best tasting milkshakes and cocktails, you have to come here its beaches are fantastic and I highly recommend the glass bottom boats and a bus trip to Ciutadella is great when there’s a market.

by L Gathercole

We have just returned today after 1...

"We have just returned today after 1 week's stay at the Valentin Star. It was most impressive. The hotel itself is extremely clean and well run.

The food is of high quality and there is plenty of choice. I went with my wife and 13 year old daughter and all of us had a lovely time.

The entertainment in the evening was varied and mostly enjoyable. During the day time, we walked around the harbour and sampled a few restaurants which all offered good food.

This is the first time we've stayed at the Valentin star but we would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone.

The restaurant in particular was very well organised and I believe this was mostly down to the restaurant manager, Jose Manuel.

We are missing it all already!

by Jw Willingale

Hotel very clean, spotless in fact....

"Hotel very clean, spotless in fact. No good for disabled people, no ramps to pool or dining room.

Food very poor, not laid out well or even edible meat at times. Thou the breakfasts were passable.

If you are wanting a early quiet night this place is not the one for you, as the entertainment goes on until 23.00 plus and is very load.

Local buses were excellent, took wheelchairs. The port is pretty with some lovely tapas bars. Very small beach and sun beds were 7 Euros.

by  N  Nelson

What a lovely hotel. The best we've...

"What a lovely hotel.

The best we've stayed at, clean, pleasant, and very friendly and helpful staff.

No down side at all but only criticism was that bar service was slow a couple of times because they only had one waitress on in the bar.

The evening entertainment was good. The pool was lovely and very child friendly.

My grandson had a lovely holiday and loved the attention he got from the female staff, especially Monicka in the restaurant.

Would recommend this hotel and resort to anyone.

by D Connell

Hotel staff were excellent, without...

"Hotel staff were excellent, without exception, but the holiday was spoilt for us by the quality of the food.

No one seemed too worried when things were running low e.g. eggs at breakfast time, soup etc. at dinner time, and not once did we have anything that was remotely warm never mind hot!

The hotel is in an excellent location, ideally situated for the beach, harbour and the shops and bars.

If the food was improved the hotel would, in my opinion near to perfect.

by  E Bailey

We have just returned back from the...

"We have just returned back from the Valentin Star Hotel. Fantastic hotel, very clean, staff very friendly to help, excellent pool you can walk in to it, separate children’s pool.

Good choice of food & very good quality.

Excellent location, some rooms over look the marina.

The only negative feedback is that there is no lift to take you from the pool up to reception, or from the restaurant back up to the reception level.

The hotel does offer children’s facilities but none were available at this time of year.

We will definitely return back to this hotel. The best 4 * we have stayed in.

by CS Pattinson

We have just returned from a fabulous...

"We have just returned from a fabulous holiday at the Valentin Star & could not be happier (well apart from coming home). The hotel is fantastic & clean, with a great location and very friendly staff.

The pool is lovely with lots of space for young children to play, the food and dining room was excellent & so was the service. The children’s entertainment was a little late but very good when our 20 month old little boy managed to stay awake for it.

If you are going here on your holidays you have nothing to worry about as it is lovely and we will definitely return.

by  S Kirk

This hotel was fantastic, very clean,...

"This hotel was fantastic, very clean, very friendly, room for 2 adults and a five year old was ample space. Pool area very very good for small children, not hoards of unruly teenagers as we were out of the school season.

Food was not as good as some other hotels we have stayed in, but always something to eat. The best part of the hotel we found was the no smoking element, very pleasant not having someone smoking in the chair next to you in the bar, so clothes did not smell all the time.

We had terrific thunder storms, mini hurricanes, but this did not put us off the holiday, The resort is very nice, also very friendly, local Irish bar The Shamrock was the best in the area, very pleasant people running it, always smiling, happy and very welcoming.

Nice to look at the boats on the Marina and wish you could afford to buy one.

The area is so nice I would consider leaving England behind and living there.

We will definitely be returning to this hotel, I would go tomorrow if given half a chance.

by  S Jagger

A lovely hotel in Cala n' Bosch right...

"A lovely hotel in Cala n' Bosch right on the Marina and only a 5-10 mins walk from the beach - whilst there we did experience jelly fish in the sea, this we were told was due to a recent storm. The rooms were very clean, although a little small for 2 adults and toddler - however the staff were happy to move us to a slighter bigger room.

The swimming pool was excellent, suitable for all ages as it gently sloped at a gradient (excellent for kids). Had a good choice for food, although at times it wasn't particular hot - but a wide variety from salads, fresh cooked fish or meat, pasta and lovely deserts!!

The hotel wasn't full of children, mostly couples (young and senior) and families with young children (under 5) - so a fairly quiet hotel. Entertainment didn't really exist during the day, however there was nightly shows - some good, some bad. However the hotel was extremely expensive for drinks, if you were going to stay and watch any shows.

I would certainly go back as we had a lovely time. Beware the transfer takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours due to the road system and dropping off of other tourists.

by  K Du'Bell

Very pretty resort with a lovely...

"Very pretty resort with a lovely little marina. Plenty of good shops including a well stocked supermarket and loads of bars and restaurants. Regular bus service into nearest town and very reasonable fares.

Beach was O.K. but had lots of Jellyfish while we were there. It was about 5 minutes walk away from the hotel. Hotel itself was superb and well deserving of its 4 star rating. Pool has to be the most fantastic I have ever seen, very well designed for little people, non swimmers and swimmers alike.

Food was plentiful, varied and well presented even having fresh food cooked in front of you, including delicious omlettes at breakfast. Staff were always helpful and pleasant remembering our names and what we liked to drink. My only criticism is the number of steps in the complex, there were even 2 steps in our room! Having had a knee operation and suffering from arthritis in the other knee I found getting around quite difficult at times.

I think mention should be made of this in the brochure. However overall we had a wonderful holiday and would recommend the Valentin Star to anyone who wants a peaceful, relaxing holiday where they can feel pampered and spoilt. Well Done!

by  J. Cox

« 13 4 5 »

Map for Valentin Star Hotel Closest airport: Menorca (MAH) 20.9 miles
Valentin Star Hotel photos (1 traveller photos)