Aruba Harmony

Room: 7.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Location: 6.5/10

Wonderful stay

"Wonderful stay, at what must be the best hidden little secret of Aruba. Small, cozy, and secluded. Spotlessly clean apartments, nice kitchenette with all the necessary utensils, but who wants to cook on holiday? The Garden with swimming pool is a natural part of your apartment. Your host en hostess are always there if you need them, and will keep to themselves if you do not need them. They will provide all the service you need, and will accommodate any wish/trip/tour. Only access able for the guests and their invited visitors, so Privacy is the word! If you are looking for wild nights, or large resort type accommodation, this might not be for you. But for the person looking for a romantic secluded and relaxing holiday, with personal attention and all services available, this is it.."

• Holiday details: Jan 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Best kept secret in Aruba!
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks
by ArubaLover

Ponton paradise

"I stayed at Aruba Harmony in august 2008. That´s right - during summertime on an island with a tropical climate.

I guess it´s easier to cope with the heat when there´s a pool located 3 meters away from your appartment.

Also it´s a short drive from Ponton to downtown Oranjestad, and there are a bakery and Chinese ´snek´ (cheap take out restaurant) within walking distance.

The hostess can arrange interesting trips for you, or if you want she picks you up from the airport Reina Beatrix. (That means Queen Beatrix, the queen of the Netherlands. Aruba is part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands).

The appartment was clean and offered all equipment you will need. Also the terrain is secured with an iron fence.

Why waste money on a pompous resort when you can enjoy this paradise in Ponton?

by ilpendam

Incredible service wow!!

"Owners have been very kind to us. They gave us many advice on food, tips or things to do on the island. You will be amazed on how Albert and Barbara can take care of there gests. Everything was just perfect. The place is perfectly clean. Nice pool, quiet area and still close to downtown or the beach. I would highly recommand this place to anyone. (appartement are not that big but we were 2 and we had enough space)

Patrick from Canada

by Firepat

left out in the cold

"We booked one room for two nights through International Travel. We were arriving late at night 11:00 pm, so we e-mailed the hotel to tell them of our late arrival. Harmony Apts. acknowledged our e-mail, and said she would wait up for us. Well, we arrived at 11:00pm, and no one answered the door. We rang the bell, taxi driver honked the horn , we called on the phone, every dog in the neighberhood was barking, no answer! Thank goodness we had a great taxi driver and he found us another place to stay. All the next morning we tried to call Harmony, with no answer. We finally drove over to Harmony and the owner was home and let us in our room. Neither Harmony or International Travel would take responsibility. They would not refund the one nights stay, not to mention the taxi we rented instead of taking taxis back and forth. They called us a no show! It was 11:00 at night, the room was already paid for! Why would we not show up? Bad! Bad! business and worse customer service."

Management response from arubaharmony, 28 Apr 2008

Dear guests, We don't understand.....You ware left in the cold?! Aruba has a HOT temperature also in the evening. It's very warm in Aruba. Sorry our reception WAS open till midnight. Sure we have waited for you. We just don't understand what went wrong. Please be so kind to contact the travel agency with you have booked a room. You did NOT make any direct reservations with us. If you can prove that you have arrived that nights, ( your ticket, or taxi invoice) we will give YOU A NIGHT FREE STAY IN HARMONY, the next time that you will arrive in Aruba. We hope that this challenge is solved now. We wish you a very nice day. Kind regards ARUBA AHRMONY APARTMENTS

by rangerone

Very relaxing and still close to the beaches and Oranjestad.

"After a week stay in Curacao, we went to Aruba for a week. We had booked Aruba Harmony for the 2nd time now. (my 8th time in Aruba) And I can tell you, it felt like coming home!!

Every day the appartments are being cleaned. The environment is so relaxed. The owner is a very kind and pleasant person who makes you feel so welcome.

Next time we go to Aruba, it will be Aruba Harmony again.

Management response from arubaharmony, 17 Nov 2007

Dear flyingdutchy_7, Thank you for your traveler review, It was a pleasure to have you and your family back again to our “small paradise “ Aruba Harmony Apartments & Spa! Thank you for the surprising Salsa lessons, you ware the star! Looking forward to have you again and our small champagne and toast moments ;-) Regards to all of you. Management & housekeeping Harmony

by flyingdutchy_7

Hospitality & Tranquility

"Friendliness and tranquility brought us back to the Aruba Harmony Apartments two years in a row. Barbara and Albert, your hosts make you feel immediately welcome. You enter a very relaxing garden that greets you at the beginning and end of every day. Barbara and Albert brighten up your day as you head out to explore the many features of Aruba. You find yourself relaxing and unwinding from everyday pressures as the days go by. This is not some stuffy impersonal hotel. You will will enjoy your stay and we cannot wait to return to the Aruba Harmony in the future."

Management response from arubaharmony, 17 Nov 2007

Dear Harmony Guests, Friendliness and tranquillity is what you and your wife radiate out! Always happy together and in a good mood! Bright smiles every day. In those two years, coming as guests became real friends. Both of you has brighten up our days also…special when it was a bit hectic! And as our special reipided guest-friends for over years, we are glad to welcome you again to our resort. Regards, Owners & management Harmony

Management response from arubaharmony, 17 Nov 2007

Dear Harmony Guests, Thank you for your kind & informative review on Trip Advisor about our place. Also thank you for sending so many new guests to our Aruba Harmony Apartments. We are glad that all your friends, other family members, students, faculty members and business partners visiting our resort so often and that they are so enthusiastic as you are! You and all yours are always welcome to our place WITH or WITHOUT reservation. When Harmony is booked out we relocate you to our villas or other resorts. As you know we have a network with all other hotels in Aruba and will always accommodate you. Thank you & see you next time! Barbara Arenz Aruba Harmony Apartments & Spa.

by wayne_eic

Home away from Home

"I was visiting Xavier school of medicine in Aruba and was still reluctant to make my decision to admit my son in the school, I did not want to make any wrong decision before receiving few reviews from students, faculty members and of-course a personal visit to shcool.

I had no reservation or prior commitment with any hotel in Aruba and I was left with no choice but to show-up to some big and expensive hotel and pay thru my arm and leg for 2 days stay in Aruba.

Lucky me, the school transportation director Mr. Arends took me to Aruba Harmony apartment, I was greeted by Ms. Barbara Arnez, with her beautiful and kind smile, she right away made me and my son Omar feel that we are once again in our home, her staff is wonderful, very professional, kind and courteous, place was spotless clean, the garden was like a piece from heaven was just put on earth and pool was sparkling clean that you would want to just jump in anytime.

And the beauty is the price that any one can afford.

I really enjoyed my stay at Aruba Harmony and I will never hesitate to recommend Aruba Harmony to anyone who wants to enjoy Carribean hospitality with the very reasonable price.

I stayed in Aruba Harmony 4 days instead my initial 2 days trip to Aruba.

Tom Alam

[-]

La-Verne, Ca 91750, USA

by Tamhid

Nice and Cozy

"Albert & Barbara,

Just wanted to express my sincere gratitude to you and the young lady

that cleaned our room during our stay at Harmony Apartments. My family and I had a wonderful time. If we were ever fortunate to get back to Aruba we will definitely stay here again.

Thank you once for being so helpful, getting us to and from the airport. If I know of anyone coming to Aruba, I will most definitely recommend your place to stay.

Thanks a million,

K Morales & Family

Management response from arubaharmony, 17 Nov 2007

Dear Miss. Morales & Family, You are so kind…..to write about us! But, we are only the housekeeping… We wish we had always such pleasant guest as you & your family. Your room was always so neat & clean, not so much work for us to do! Yes, please come again; we are looking forward to it. And always at your service. All the best for your family, special to you and your mom! Kind regards Housekeeping Aruba Harmony Apartments & Spa.

Management response from arubaharmony, 17 Nov 2007

Dear Harmony Guests, We are great full to have such nice guests at our resort. Thank you for recommending our Harmony to your friends. Surprise…………We have contacted Rick, he will contact you. Regards, Owners Harmony

by islandgirl220

Good accomodation !

"We stayed at the Aruba Harmony Appartements for 6 days and it was wonderful ! Away from the "high rise hotels" with their high prices and very distant way of taking care of their clients. We preferred the appartements with all convenience in there. Also the mini-resort way of looking out for their customers make you very welcome. We will certainly go back to Harmony !

Thanks Barbara and Albert for the wonderful days spent at your mini-resort ! We will be back !!!

Management response from arubaharmony, 13 Apr 2006

Dear Guests, Nice to hear from you again! Thank you for your comment on this site. It's very nice to know that you had a great time at our resort. It's also very nice to have such nice, clean & proper & happy guestas you are! We looking forward to meet with you again. Have a nice day & tahnk you, Kind regards ARUBA HARMONY Barbara Arenz

by A TripAdvisor Member

Doubtfull

"Dear all,

In my opinion Aruba Harmony is good! But the price in too high compared to other places like this. There are on the island more comparable apartments which are cheaper with comparable service and closer to the beaches and/or nightlife.

The owners are helpfull, but in my opinion it is "overdone". If i give signs that i do not appreciate or not want this service or close contact with the owner, this has to be respected.

Please read this as constructive feedback!

My overall experience is OK!

Management response from arubaharmony, 04 Feb 2006

Dear Guest, Thank you for your constructive feedback comment & that your overall experience is OK! It's very kind of you to tell the "world” that Aruba Harmony is good! Thank you for that!! We do really everything to make you feel at home!! Maybe we pamper you to much … Our resort is different! We offer both modern equipment and comfort complete with complimentary hotel services! Aruba Harmony is perfect for the selective vacationer who is looking for solace in peaceful, safe, private surroundings and incredible value! We offer rooms for $ 65, apartments for $ 75 AND 85 and suites for $ 125. This all in the high season!! Beside NOBODY pays SERVICE CHARGE!! Please note, our rates are very low, when you see the net rate with other apartments!! We from Harmony do not charge 19%!!!! Please don’t forget that fact!! We believe for the very high service level we offer a very good rate, all the 90% of repited gusts, prove this every year again! We are very sorry that we are "overdone"! We will try NOT to pamper you any more with wine, dine, snacks & presents. But people We Love You so Much! Dear guest, the next time, just make a reservation for the $ 65 room! Kind regards Barbara Arenz

by kooijoh

very good experiences

"I visited Aruba for the first time and also the Aruba Harmony Apartments and have very good experiences with both. The friendly welcome from the owners as i arrived and the good service and food make me feel at home.

It is more private than staying in hotels. The apartments are cosy, clean and everything you need is there. Soon i come back again to Aruba and stay in the Harmony Apartments for the second time and I can recommend it to everyone who is searching for holiday aparments in Aruba.

H.K

Netherlands

Management response from arubaharmony, 12 Aug 2005

Dear Guest, Thank you for this review! We will never forget you! Without YOU all the activity's & excursions are different... Helicoper trips, butterfyfams, jeep tours & our "party drinks". Special we miss your jokes! Looking forward to meet you again in October! Happines at Aruba Harmony! Until then.... Cheers! See you at Harmony!

by Amor

Read more reviews of Aruba Harmony at TripAdvisor

Map for Aruba Harmony Closest airport: Oranjestadt Queen Beatrix International (AUA) 2.4 miles

Aruba Harmony photos (1 traveller photos)