Hotel Son Baulo

Stayed at Hotel Son Baulo?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Food: 9/10
Value: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel Son Baulo

Enter your dates:

« 15 6 7 »
My family have had a holiday here for... by  A Hopwood

My family have had a holiday here for the last 2 years, the hotel staff are friendly and welcoming. Service is excellent, all meals are very good offering a wide and varied selection. Entertainment was fantastic great for kids as well as adults.

The location of the hotel is ideal for the beach, the small selection of local shopping is more than adequate, only a short walk, bus or "C’an Picafort express" journey to the centre of C’an Picafort for lots of shops bars etc. All in all I highly recommend this hotel and resort.

I spent as I do every year searching... by J  Holmoore

I spent as I do every year searching for the right things for my holiday. We wanted hotel with pool, near a beach, and not too many children. Not anti, just not too noisy.. The travel agent rated the Son Baulo. We travelled in term time.

Unless it has been refurbed since this date, don't go if you want to avoid children, all night entertainment, and people letting their kids run riot in corridors. If you want a mixture of relaxation and a bit of night life but to be able to sleep, go elsewhere. If you want a bit of culture and local atmosphere and not just home from home canteen catering don't go here.

A we arrived my mum said we've been here before, when you were little, I wonder if that hotel is still there. It was it was the Son Baulo, not a problem if things had gone well.

There were children everywhere, although not as many as in peak season we were told. There was a very good but loud, entertainer rep who just as you were getting off to sunbathe snooze would say 'Ello then, let's have another game!!!'

We tried to swim in the pool, but it was full of little children, and we had to dodge the diving and jumping. We would have used the beach but it was full of seaweed that year and stank.

It was at the time an all smoking hotel, so there was smoking in the rooms, corridors, bar, restaurant unsure, and by 8pm the bar was a smog. The children did not go to bed.

There was a children's show in the evening was better than the adult entertainment, and a rendition of 'The court of king karacatus' was learned off by heart by all. We had a comedian, well he said was, some singer – dubious, and a rendition of Chicago by 3 girls that lasted 3 hours.

Our room had not been refurbed at that time in years, but was clean, and maids were good, bathroom clean too. Our room opposite the bar, but far away, we could hear the bar noise til the early am with the patio doors shut.

The food was o.k. With a local accent on meals sometimes, and a choice of healthy eating and full on eat yourself fat, breakfast was good, another good choice, but it was very canteen like queuing whilst some other guests who wanted their monies worth had a bit of everything, piled high.

The bar was o.k and staff were all friendly. We did lots of trips, and would have eaten out more if the resort had not shut down half it's eateries. This was only early October.

The resort itself was basic and the nature reserve was pretty. I think C'an Picafort at that time was still dated or lacked local character. Son Baulo hotel may have been refurbed since then. I hope so and I hope there some non smoking areas...but would not go back to find out.

We all loved Son Baulo and have booked to go back by sueykidd

This hotel is fantastic !!!! I took my four sons aged 18, 9,8 & 7 and they all had an amazing holiday. They could not decide which was better Florida or Son Baulo! We haved booked to go back next year after only being home two days. I have been to this hotel as a child and have some fantastic memories, some of the waiters even recognised me after 15 years.

They was so much for the children to do, the Kidzone reps (Mike, Suzanne, Karin & Kelly) were really good with the children, they all went above and beyond. The Thompson reps were really helpful and the hotel staff were brilliant. It was clean, food was great always something to please even the fussiest eaters (I have some of those!). A big mention about the hotel entertainers they were such fun, it is worth going to this hotel just to meet CARLENE (you will hear her before you see her) she was really good with our kids and this is my way of saying thank you for an amazing holiday with lots of good memories.

VISIT THIS HOTEL AND HAVE A GREAT FAMILY HOLIDAY.

We went on holiday in Majorca just in... by K Lewis

We went on holiday in Majorca just in June it was the best holiday we have had this is why. When we arrived the hotel it was welcoming and at the reception desk they were always happy to help.

We watched the introduction show and we found out everything we needed to know, there were loads of things for us top do during the day, and the hotel its self could not have been any closer to the beach if it tried, the food was terrific and the kids bar was a great hit!

The food theme nights were the best and the activities for the kids during the day kept them busy, I would recommend this hotel to everyone and my family are going in August! 10/10 all the way!

Son Baulo...perfect! by Gail-1

We have just returned from the Son Baulo after a weeks holiday. (more the pity we didn't have 2 weeks!)

I was very impressed with the hotel and it's surroundings. It is not far outside C'an Picafort with all it's lively bars and restaurants, which is a very pleasant 20 min walk along the promenade.

The Hotel is situated directly on the beach, which is a lovely sheltered bay with lovely sand and clear water. Next to the hotel is a nature reserve, so your not overlooked or overpowered by a neighbouring hotel or other buildings.

The hotel itself is very clean, the staff are very friendly and efficient, the food is very good, the rooms are spacious, the entertainment is excellent for children ( It was a hard job tearing my 9yr old daughter away from the hotel, night and day!) the pool area i think was lovely, some reviews note that the pool wasn't very big, but it's not that small either. There were plenty of sunbeds around the pool, and lots more on the terrace if you didn't want to be amongst the hustle and bustle of the pool.....also they don't tollerate early morning towels on the beds!!!!! yay!

My daughter had a whale of a time here, she made lots of friends, all the entertainers get to know the children, the waiters love the kids, all in all, a very friendly laid back hotel, which i would definately go back to!

We have been coming to Majorca for... by  B J Stanworth

We have been coming to Majorca for the last 25 years. We have tried several hotels throughout the 25 years and we have spent many a happy time at the Hotel Son Baulo. The only reason we have chosen to keep going back to Son Baulo is, the whole package you receive is fantastic.

The staff are well trained and professional in all that they do. The accommodation is far superior to any other hotel we have gone to in Majorca. The restaurant/catering facilities is exceptional. The food is always of a very high standard and even the Manager comes out into the restaurant to check the temperatures of the food!

All of the staff (cleaners, bar, waiters/waitresses, reception and management) are very helpful and love their jobs, which makes your holiday at Son Baulo magical and memorable. Just can not wait till we go back in October with all our family for my husbands 60th Birthday.

We found the resort had all the... by  G Stanworth

We found the resort had all the amenities we required for our holiday. The Hotel itself was of an excellent standard with regard to the accommodation it provided, and the members of staff were courteous and helpful at all times. The Hotel provided entertainment for all ages every evening, and during the day a kids club was available to cater for the needs of the younger holiday maker.

The local bars and restaurants provided a very good service with varied menus and entertainment. Transport links to the local town were frequent and reliable.

All in all for the discerning traveler who demands universally high standards both the Hotel and the resort met all the criteria.

We love C'an Picafort by A TripAdvisor Member

We found the resort had all the amenities we required for our holiday. The Hotel itself was of an excellent standard with regards to the accomodation and catering it provided, and the members of staff were curteous and helpfull at all times. The Hotel provided entertainment for all ages every evening, and during the day a kid's club was available to cater for the needs of the younger holiday maker.

All in all for the discerning traveller who deamands universally high standards both the Hotel and the resort met all the criteria.

We have just arrived back from the... by N Jackson

We have just arrived back from the hotel Son Baulo. My family and I had a fantastic holiday from the moment we got there. The hotel staff were very polite and always had a smile on their faces and made their guests welcome.

The food was great lots to choose from and also a children’s buffet. The breakfast was great the great British fry up with bacon, sausage, beans and lots more. The tea was even better with lots more to choose from. At dinner you could go to the outdoor cafe for something to eat there were lots to choose from and get spoiled for choice.

The entertainment was excellent there was professional shows every week and the entertainment team did their show once a week which they tried really hard. (Thumbs up)

The beach was just what we expected excellent. There was also a swimming pool and a pool bar.

There was a short walk to the town of Can Picafort which was about 15 minutes. You could walk by the sea on the promenade where there were many little bars to have a drink. When you get to Can Picafort town there are lots of shops and bars. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who has children and are up for a really good time.

I had a fantastic time and me and my family have planned to go back in August because we loved it so much. The Son Baulo 10/10 every time.

We went to the Son Baulo in 2004, it... by R.L Smith

We went to the Son Baulo in 2004, it was great, the hotel was always clean! The entertainment was great and we never wanted to go out because there was always something good on!

The reception was always there to help and the beach was just a couple of steps away! I would definitely recommend this hotel to all families, and the food was the best!

We are going again this year! And I know that in 2004 the holiday was the best we have ever had!

We have just come back from a... by D. V.

We have just come back from a fortnights stay at this hotel and I have to say we were impressed. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean, the room large, airy, with plenty of room for another single bed and cot (despite there already being 2 in there).

Food was very good, of a high standard, with many choices, no good trying to diet.

Ideal location, right on the beach, lovely promenade to can Picafort, especially at night.

Very good play areas for kids, especially for toddlers with their own play area and swimming pool.

The staff are friendly and very professional. Entertainment is great , by acts booked in or by the entertainers in their own. Young kids are also very well looked after. Excellent holidays overall.

Great hotel, brilliant location right... by MA Clements

Great hotel, brilliant location right next to the beach and out of the way of the centre of Ca'n Picafort.

Bar service and restaurant staff were amazing, but was let down by the food quality which seemed to fluctuate over the 2 weeks.

The room was a good size and had quite a nice view, but was never cleaned properly, you could write in the dust then they would actually clean it.

Apart from a few niggly things, it was a great holiday, ideal for people with kids. Would recommend and go back.

« 15 6 7 »
Stayed at Hotel Son Baulo? Share your insight.

Map for Hotel Son Baulo Closest airport: Palma de Mallorca (PMI) 27.4 miles