Windsong Resort

Room: 9.5/10
Service: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Windsong Resort

THE place to go!

"This newly opened resort is the place to go. All rooms come with beautiful, comfortable furniture and state of the art electronics. Each has a spectacular view of the Caribbean. The management and staff exceeded expectatons, from easy registration to friendly and competant bartender (try the rum) to the wonderflul Charles, who provided you with things before you even knew you needed them -- from cool, scented wash cloths to ice cold bottles of water. He even suggested the right restaurants for our tastes!

It was all very rexlaxing. We will definitely recommend Windsong to our friends and definitely look forward to our next vist there..hopefully soon!

by falfam

Brand New Resort with Best Location on Grace Bay

"We just completed a 9 night stay at the Windsong Resort. The Resort is brand new and the size of the resort allowed the staff to get to know us very well, provided personal attention and assistance to make us feel very special (unlike the larger crowded resorts). You could throw a baseball into the ocean from the Windsong's beautiful pool and hot tub. The beach in front of the resort is superbly maintained and set up with chairs and lounges as we needed each day. You will remember the name, Charles, who not only took care of all of ourneeds on the beach (chair set up, towels, cold towels, sorbet, food, drinks, etc.) but transported us to the fine dining and shopping spots on the island. Alicia who runs the bar made great drinks including a special island rum punch. The best off the Grace Bay beach snorkeling is directly in front of the Windsong. In addition to snorkeling Windsong provides the unique ability to "SNUBA" off the beach and get to levels of up to 20 ft deep with air tanks under a supervised setting. We loved "in room massages", the SNUBA experience, ability to use the Windsong outdoor grille to prepare a great steak dinner in the fully furnished condo unit. The friendly staff at the Windsong made every effort to be sure our stay was a GREAT ONE! The fully furnished unit was made with high quality furniture and modern flat screen HD TV and DVR's. You had everything you needed in the kitchen to prepare and eat your desired meals on the balcony or in the room. Breathtaking views of Grace Bay! Loved our stay and would highly recommend."

by BeautifulBeachSeeker

wonderful time

"just got back and can't wait to go back. our stay at windsong was wonderful. if you want a party atmosphere with a lot of people around, this is not the place for you. if you want to relax and just hang out at the pool or beach then this is it. don't bother with a studio, as you have no view, and a view is a must! the suites are beautiful and have everything you need. the beach is incredible. the restaurant was not open at the time of our stay, but i hear it is opening soon. no problem though, charles drove us anywhere we wanted to go and made the reservations for us. breakfast in the morning was nice. muffins, cereal, bagels, fruit and yogurt. windsong is not in the cluster of all the other hotels so if you want to explore you'll have to rent a car. you can walk to a couple of restaurants. again, everyone at windsong-charles(does everything), alicia(bartender), yvette(front desk), jodie(snuba) and jim(property manager) will do everything to make sure you have a wonderful time."

by dunwoodygirl

Nice relaxing vacation

"My husband & I just returned from Provo where we celebrated my birthday. We stayed 4 nts at the Windsong Resort. It just opened in Dec. 2008. All services are still not up and running, health spa is not open, restaurant not open. They do serve a continental breakfast until 11:00 am, which we found adequate (fresh fruit, bagels, croissants, juice & coffee). We also saw them serving hamburgers on our last day Wed, 2/25. I'm posting pics. We had a studio, Rm 134, which is very small, but OK for a few days. It comes with small fridge, sink & microwave. Because of the room size it's hard for one person to watch TV while the other is sleeping. The way the rooms are laid out is the studio is part of a 1 bedroom suite w/full kitchen, but it has its own entrance and they both share a common foyer which is locked. Fortunately for us no one was occupying the larger unit on our floor. In fact we think we were the only ones on the 3rd floor. We were told there were about 15 occupants while we were there and although it is high season there did not appear to be much of a crowd on the island. If you are looking for a party atmosphere this section of Grace Bay is definitely not where you want to stay. Windsong is west of Beaches and the other resorts. We rented a car as that was the most economical mode of transporation for eating out.

As others have mentioned Charles takes good care of you down at the beach...setting up the chaise for you, bringing you bottles of water, giving suggestions for restaurants.

Everyone we encountered at Windsong was very nice & pleasant. I would definitely recommend for a low key place to stay. We spent 2 mornings down at the beach, but the pool area was very nice also.

We dined at O Soleil (for my birthday on Sun), Caicos Cafe, Jimmy's Dive Shop, Da Conch Shack, One-Eyed Jack's, Tiki Hut, Las Brisas. My favorite meal was at Caicos Cafe, I had the grilled mahi mahi and it was the BEST.

If you are looking for a nice quiet vacation spot, this is it.

by JB222Chicago

What a View

"If you like azure water, great snorkeling and secluded beaches Provo is a worthy consideration.

We like to walk beaches, swim, snorkel and a bit of R&R. If you want to get off the beaten track, consider renting a boat from Mike’s I think he’s called Wind Surfing Provo, he’s on the beach past the golf course in a small hut. What an experience, traveling in a clean and well equipped 16 foot boat inside the reef – anyone can do it. It’s safe and allows you to explore the stunning string of keys in 8 feet of light green water.

That was our highlight, and well, Windsong.

The view, oh the view . . . from every room, is, well, stunning. I am sure I looked up and said “wow” at least a dozen times. The décor exudes high-end. The walk in shower was just a little smaller than my own bedroom at home, the kitchen using only the most high end appliances. The rooms are exceptionally spacious with everything you need from laundry to 45 inch flat screens.

If you like light, the unit we were in was bright. If the sound of the ocean bothers you’d have to close all the windows, with them open you definitely hear crashing waves.

Staff were extremely friendly and resourceful, even the night watchman allowed us to look for DVD’s well after hours. The elevator did not work on the first day so we had to haul our luggage up the stairs but it was fixed within 24 hours.

The beach at Windsong is a stunning strip of white sand. It is a little narrow but the off-shore reef is rich with sea life and color. The resorts down the road do not enjoy the same reef quality. If you like snorkeling, it is steps away and you will not be disappointed.

by baycruiser8

Lush accomodations, Fantastic service, Best location

"We were recently guests at Windsong and decided that I would come back to this site to write a review after my fantastice experience. I found little information on this resort prior to my trip and now I know why - This is a Brand New Resort. It wont take long for great reviews to roll in but until they do I wanted to make sure the highlights of Windsong are mentioned.

This resort opened just at the end of 2008 (I believe). It wasnt quite full while we were there as many people do not know about this resort yet. Its situated between Coral Gardens and Beaches resort in a prime part of Grace Bay beach (most beautiful beach I have ever been on), right beside one of the best walk-up coral reef on the island. The beds were absolutely wonderful and the rooms were beautifully appointed and quiet. Probably the best part of the rooms however was the view. I believe every room in this resort has an ocean view and its one that you will never forget. We particularily enjoyed the fact that this is not a large hotel and that we had lots of time to read books or sit by the garden pool without a mass of people around us. The gardens being new were still already almost in full bloom and the smell of the flowers and warm breeze was fantastic.

We spent most of our days in and out of the ocean taking in the amazing snorkeling while the evenings were spent at some of the best restaurants that I have ever eaten at. (Try Coco Bistro, Coyoba, Anacaona, and Magnolia). We walked several times to Hemingways and Bay Bistro for lunch and loved the great light fare and island drinks. We even ate at home a few nights as there is an onsite Bar B Q and the IGA grocery store has excellent fresh food. The restaurant was so new at Windsong that it wasnt open at the time but looked like it would open very soon.

While many will tell you there isnt much to do on the island, we had lots to all all day if we wanted. Jodie, from the famous TCI Snuba shop works out of Windsong and was a great resource in pointing us to activities. We highly recommend her Snuba adventure which is a highlight for anyone wanting to maximize your underwater experience in a safe, fun environment. Of the activities that we tried, (Parasailing, Dinner cruise, banana boat ride and the semi submersible tour) Jodies Snuba experience was our favorite! Among the beautiful coral and fish, we saw turtles, eagle rays, and even a baracuda!

While there is so much to talk about the quality. location, and service at Windsong, we would be remiss if we diddnt mention the service of Charles the beach guy. Charles was there every morning and evening securing us with clean towels and water both around the pool and beach. He was there when we arrived and departed to help us with our bags. When we diddnt need his services, he made us smile every time we walked across the boardwalk to and from the beach.

Our Provo Must Dos: SNUBA with Jodie, Sunset walk on Grace Bay beach, Sunset Drinks at Grace bay club, afternoon lunch at Hemingways, coffee and breakfast on our deck at Windsong, bike rides to Turtle bay Marina, dinner at Coyoba, 18 holes at provo golf club, sunset sail.

Have a great trip!

by 3Buoys1Boat

Beautiful resort

"My husband and I just returned from a wonderful and relaxing visit to the Turks and Caicos. Upon arriving at Windsong we were greeted with the most delicious rum punch either of us had ever had. We were taken to our oceanfront room, which was, simply amazing. Our view was incredible as was the room (fully equipped condo) itself. The most spectacular feature was the sliding glass doors which occupied a corner overlooking the ocean. These doors meet eachother at the corner and retracted completely rendering the room effectively two-walled. We felt like we were on the beach even in the sitting area of our room. Everything at the property is high end. From the appliances, fixtures and bathrobes to the service. We were never once told "no" for any reason. Charles, the all-purpose wonderfully kind man, is basically there to make sure every need is met. He drove us to dinner, lunch, and the ATM. Whatever we needed, he made sure we got it. We went to relax and not do anything, the staff at Windsong made certain our goals were met. Any review of Windsong would be incomplete without two additional items. First, make sure to be friends with Alicia, the bartender. She is a lovely girl and her rum punch is really incredible. Second, try SNUBA. My husband and I are snorkelers with little interest in the hassle that is getting certified for SCUBA diving. SNUBA bridges the gap very well. We "Snuba'ed" around the reef directly in front of the resort and it was a great experience. I would recommend this activity for both children and adults."

by DuckAtlanta_GA

Exceptional Resort!

"As a busy professional, I normally don't have time to post reviews. However, I feel that the Windsong Resort is more than deserving and I would like to share my amazing experience with travelers interested in visiting Turks and Caicos Islands.

My beautiful girlfriend and I were fortunate enough to coordinate a vacation together over New Year's and decided upon Turks and Caicos, as this was considered a top destination for scuba diving/snorkeling.

There are many upscale resorts to choose from, which makes it very difficult, but after extensive research (by my girlfriend of course) we agreed to the Windsong Resort. Since it was new and recently opened, the promotional rates were hard to turn down.

My impression of the resort is strongly positive. It has a very nice, contemporary decor inside/out with modern appliances, comfortable and spacious rooms, large flat screen high definition TVs, bathrooms with cool features including bodysprays. The ocean view from the semi-private balcony was breathtaking to say the least! Luckily, we were upgraded to the oceanview room and admittedly, this was likely the most luxurious vacation I've ever taken.

The staff was excellent as well. Since the resort was newly opened, there were some minor deficiencies,as expected, that are not worth mentioning. It is, however, worth mentioning that the staff was very attentive and literally went out of their way to accomodate us on numerous occassions. Special thanks to Charles for his effort!

The other vacationers/owners that we encountered during our time were also very personable. This resort attracts a certain breed of sophisticated individuals, those with discriminating taste for quality. Don't be mistaken though, you absolutely will not find arrogance among them. Everyone was very friendly and generous, for example offering us rides to the grocery store, giving us their sunblock to use, etc. We felt comfortable and at home.

Overall, the trip was a huge success! This was my first time scuba diving and I got to encounter a variety of "big" fish including: reef shark, lobster, octopus, puffer fish, lion fish, turtles, sting rays. Everything was seen right in front of the resort, except for the shark. The Natural Underwater Coral Marine Park is conveniently situated directly in front of the resort and has incredible scuba/snorkeling, in fact, it was better than the wall dives.

Anyways, the Windsong Resort comes highly recommended without reservation! If you are looking for an extravagant TCI vacation, I would highly consider staying at the Windsong Resort, as this has everything you could possibly desire in one place. Soon to come are a restaurant/bar and Spa. My girlfriend and I are already planning our return trip.

-Dr.C

by DrFeelgoodDC

Blown away by Windsong

"My boyfriend and I recently spent a week over New Year's at the newly opened Windsong Resort. I have high standards for service and luxury while on vacation and was very pleased!

When we arrived, we were upgraded to an ocean front condominium. It was gorgeous replete with top of line appliances, large flat screen televisions, spacious balconies off both the livingroom and master bedroom, and 2 full bathrooms.

The resort has an intimate setting and feel, making us feel at home. By the end of the week, we knew almost everyone by name. The staff is wonderful and truly did go out of their way to make sure we were relaxed and happy. Its smallness allowed them to provide individualized attention.

When I voiced dissappointment that the restaurant had not yet opened, we were more than fairly compensated for the inconvenience and were dropped off and picked up promptly when we chose to go out for meals until we were able to rent a car, which they arranged for us.

The highlight of the trip was the beautiful beach with amazing snorkeling/scuba diving right in front of the resort. We took several dive trips before we realized what we were missing just steps away and preferred it to the wall dives that take all day to do. We regularly saw sting rays, eagle rays, lobsters, and turtles - not to mention the beautiful reef and tropical fish - whenever we felt like walking into the water. For boat dives, we recommend Flamingo Divers which we preffered over Caicos Adventures. Jane and Mickey take small groups out and make it an extremely relaxing and enjoyable experience.

We can only imagine how great the resort with be when it is fully up and running and cannot wait to go back!

by Radiologist12

Great New Resort Turks and Caicos

"Brand spankin new resort. Beautiful clean rooms, Best views on the island and the staff is great. Right Next to Beaches resort. Best location on the island. Also situated in front of one of the best coral reefs. Put on your snorkel and you are seconds away from turtles and sting rays. I would call direct as i am not sure that the hotel is on internet sites. Their website is www.windsongresort.com

Nick