Villa Rhapsody

Kayakoy Fethiye Merkez, Kayakoy 48304, Turkey

Good

Cleanliness: 9.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Villa Rhapsody

Fabulous Villa Rhapsody

"I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Villa Rhapsody in Kayakoy, S.W. Turkey. I had the most fantastic time. The hotel is set in the beautiful, peaceful valley of Kaykoy, surrounded by mountains and only 10 minutes by Dolmus from Gemile Beach. The hotel is the most welcoming I have ever stayed in. Small, family run, it caters for each guest's individual needs. The hosts, Jeanne and Atilla are so welcoming and make life seem so simple and relaxed, nothing is too much trouble. It's almost like being home from home in the most beautiful place. The food is quite simply the best in Kayakoy, and word is getting around, so if you just want to eat there, then make sure you book.

I travelled alone, but was far from lonely. The other guests were delightful and such an eclectic mix of people. I met archaeologists, an opera singer, a taxi driver, a classical guitarist, a composer, a chef, business men and women - from all over the world. English, German, Swiss, Turkish, American, Spanish, Dutch, New Zealanders and Australians, you name it they were all there enjoying pre-dinner drinks and chatting together at the bar. The pool is clean and delightful, the rooms are simple but comfortable, the service is excellent and the food is divine. Jeanne and Atilla will advise and organise any trips you want to make, they can arrange transfer to and from the airports and can arrange car hire. Many of the "passing" guests who booked in initially for just one night ended up extending their stay. This hotel offers the most excellent value for money and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Many of the guests returned year after year - what more could you ask for?

by Lesleys-travels53

The lovely villa rhapsody

"For anyone wishing to holiday in a beautiful, tranquil and peaceful environment then head to the villa rhapsody in kaya koy.

It is a far cry from the hustle and bustle of other resorts.

We had the pleasure of dining one evening at Villa rhapsody and recieved a warm welcome with wonderful lovingly prepared homecooked food.

Our meal was served by candlelight around the pool, with crisp linen, fresh bread and chilled wine. It was simply the best meal we have ever had in Turkey and consisted of Homemade yoghurt soup, a turkish meatball dish, and then a marvellous turkish style panna cotta for dessert. The menu is a different one every evening and we only wish we could have spent more evenings here.

Jeanne and Atilla are marvellous hosts, who genuinely care about their guests. Their villa oozes with real warmth and character. Rooms are spotlessly clean with nice bathrooms,comfortable carpets and roomy balconies.

We had the pleasure of being taken on a trip organised by Atilla on our last day. We went to Germiller beach where we went by boat over to Nicholas island and explored then swam in the warm crystal clear water there. Afterwards we returned to Villa rhapsody where we had a delicious lunch and again chatted with guests that we had met the evening before.

We spent the afternoon chilling on the sunbeds around the lovely clean pool within the beautiful walled gardens and just soaking up the pleasant surroundings.

For those that want to venture into Olu deniz or Fethiye, the bus passes right outside villa rhapsody so there are always plenty of options to see these other places and then head back to the peace and quiet of Kayakoy.

All in all a beautiful place and one that we hope to return to in the future.

by bettybee3

Great place, great people

"My wife and I stayed at the Villa Rhapsody for 4 nights last month and enjoyed every minute we were there.As stated by other travellers Jeannne and Atilla are excellent hosts and you feel like your are staying with friends. They both go out of their way to do things for you like the day my wife and I missed the dolmus to the beach and Atilla without any second thoughts drove us there himself and didn't charge us a cent. Also,Jeanne's cooking was so good we ate all our meals there and never once tried another resturant. If you are going to Fethiye stay at the Villa Rhapsody and I'm sure you wont be disappointed. The carpet in the rooms could use a little upgrade but the our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable and the price was very reasonable. What more could you want. As a matter of fact the Villa Rhapsody was the cheapest room we stayed in during our 3 week holiday in Turkey and by far our most favorite. It was like leaving family when we had to go. We would love to go back one day. Hello to everyone and Rollie the dog."

by brotherjoe

loved the villa rhapsody

"Jeanne and Atilla were amazing hosts. They made us feel like part of the family right away. We loved the surroundings of the villa rhapsody and most of all Jeanne's cooking. The food was amazing, fresh and tasted like something out of a 5 star restaurant. We really enjoyed our stay here and plan to revisit in the future."

by TMG1029

the villa rhapsody mood..................

"Had an excellent stay at Villa Rhapsody. An excellent kitchen, great surroundings, superb garden!

Feels like 'coming home' this place!

Far away from the all-inclusive resorts and the loads of tourists.

With Jeanne and Atilla as the hosts arranging all kinds of interesting culturel trips.

The hotel is layed in a green valley 1/2 hour drive over a rocking mountain through woods from Fethiye! A very beautiful drive with a fantastic view over Fethiye and the sea!

The valley is very authentic and beautiful with all the olive and all sorts of fruit trees.

From the hotel you'll have a great view of Kaya-Koyü.

The only noise you'll hear in the night is the call of the donkey, the owl or the other animal who lives there!

Villa Rhapsody is a place you'll never forget and certainly a place to return to!

Staying there you'll get caught by 'the villa rhapsody mood'..............

by bendot

Bad impression

"I hope I can post this without a rating because I don't feel I can. (I can't ) We were booked into this hotel by the owner of the hotel we were staying the night before. We were on our way from Cirali to Selcuk to see Ephesus and needed a place to break up the long drive. She recommended Villa Rhapsody based on online reviews but had never stayed there. We arrived in a bad mood because we did not realize that it was not on the road (rather 1/2 hour away from Feithye off the main road. Feithye was having road construction so the road was blocked and we got lost.

So we got there and walked in and what you see is a beautiful pool full of people laying around and drinking. Because the garden is surrounded by a wall there wasn't any view and I felt a bit clastrophobic about spending the night with everyone.

We were showed our rooms and they were covered with carpet that had stains on it and very basically furnished. We decided not to stay. Went on to Gocek which was a better location for us anyway.

I have read that the rooms are of various qualities so ours probably was not the best.

We also don't like sitting around a pool and sunning so if that's what you're up for this would be fine. Also if you want to see the area this would probably be a good base to see Feithye.

If you're looking for something quieter though I'd recommend staying in Cirili (listed as Kemer in trip advisor). But don't stay there if you're looking for a resort with activities.

I

Management response from VillaRhapsody, 12 Jul 2007

Everybody who reads this review can hopefully put the words into the right perspective, and read it with a large pinch of salt. Reading this review is very upsetting for us, as this family did not stay with us and as stated she cannot give any rating so why bother to write such a harmful words to damage our business. I am happy we get a chance to ventilate our frustration and express our side of the story. To make the things more objective I think it is important we can put our complete side of the story here, in our words and of course we would not to have spent any word at all if it would not have been about this unfair review. Of course we agree that not everybody needs to adore our place, but intentionally harming is something else. For us this is a first proof of how subjective some people can be, influenced by events of the day, people we do not know, people who do not know us, and who did not appreciate even our welcoming words on their arrival. They were so annoyed and angry for reasons obvious beyond our power, they got lost while driving, they did not like the view of other customers around a pool, and they did not like the basic interior of the rooms, but we are a pension not a 5 star hotel. My husband built this pension with his own hands supported by his mother 19 years ago and he also built up a very good reputation. A reputation that gives us the chance to work completely independently. Since I joined in 7 years ago I see people returning every year and most customers are amongst our best friends now, and I feel so bad that they are described as they are just 'lying around'. Basically this means you can pass by a hotel, you do not like the looks of it and you can post a bad review. What kind of world is this??? If this review will only scare off one potential customer then they did their harm to us, we think we do not deserve this. Hotel business is not a hobby, it is very very hard work, basically giving 6 months of 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and that is not where the work stops of course. To give comments about the remarks: "So we got there and walked in and what you see is a beautiful pool full of people laying around and drinking" These people are our customers who returned after a long days 5 hours walk, and enjoyed a tea on the pool side, what is wrong with that???? "Because the garden is surrounded by a wall there wasn't any view....." The garden about 1750 square meters large and the wall is 1 meter high, anybody can have a view even staying on the ground floor! Unfortunately the guidelines do not approve of giving picture to proof here. "spending the night with everyone" No comment! "carpet that had stains on it and very basically furnished" All the carpets get carpet washed regularly, they are surely clean. And please read the following reviews to find out what the reality is. "We also don't like sitting around a pool and sunning so if that's what you're up for this would be fine" Everybody is free, most of our customers are like as she describes her own holiday, they come for their peace and the tranquility of the village, go out for the day and return after their long walks in the valley or over the mountains to all kinds of different destinations. This remark is not an insult to us but to our customers. I hope that our side of the story makes this review more clear to the readers, and I am happy that TA makes this possible for us. Thank you!

by amyAtlantaGA

A Real Find!

"Having hired a car, we intended to tour around for a couple of weeks, but after three days in Dalyan we came across Villa Rhapsody in the beautiful Kaya valley in the mountains above Fethiye. There we received a warm welcome from Atilla and Jeanne, the owners, who run the hotel in a relaxed and informal style that really impressed us – so impressed in fact that we stayed put for the remaining eleven days of our holiday. Our comfortable room was simply furnished, bright and airy, with an en suite shower room (wet room style) and a balcony.

While we ate at local restaurants a couple of times, evening set meals, prepared by Jeanne, were so good that we usually chose to “eat in”. If the main course wasn’t to somebody’s taste, Jeanne always offered an alternative. The pool side bar was an attractive place for a pre-dinner drink and a chat. Each afternoon tea and home-made cake were served to guests relaxing around the pool. The pool itself was really clean and warm enough for swimming even during our early season stay.

The hotel is surrounded by open countryside and the excellent walking available just outside the front door was a great bonus for us. The famous “ghost village” is just a short stroll away and can be seen from the hotel. Atilla and Jeanne provide maps and advice on the best walks and activities. We walked to Olu Deniz, Fethiye and Gemiler Beach and it was easy to jump on a dolmus for the trip back. Atilla also organised some wonderful trips and activities for us at very reasonable cost – you’re never too old to paraglide! For those sad souls who crave gift shops, pubs, clubs and all-day English breakfasts, the mountain resort of Hisaronu is only a short trip away! We, however, preferred the beautiful location, warm welcome, excellent food and great company that we found at Villa Rhapsody!!

by ladyoflothlorien

A Little Gem

"The Villa Rhapsody is in a quiet valley close to the ghost village of Kayakoy. It is owned and run by Atilla and Jeanne who are very welcoming and make everyone feel part of the family. Our room was lovely, on ground floor with a balcony overlooking the gardens. Jeanne is a wonderful cook and our evening meals, served by candlelight in the gardens, were exceptional. Atilla is a great host, always there to help and very knowledgeable of the local area.

There is a regular Dolmus service to the nearby towns of Fehtiye and Olu Deniz or, for the more energetic, you can walk there along the beautiful mountain paths.

Most of the other guests were regulars who had been visiting the hotel for a number years and we soon made new friends. We have already booked to return next year.

This is a little gem of a hotel for those looking for some peace and tranquility.

by Yvonne&Al

Lovely hotel, lovely owners

"While researching my trip to Turkey I read many entries by "Villa Rhapsody," and learned there was a hotel by this name in Kaya Koy. The web pictures looked inviting, but we didn't have the exact date when we would be in the area (we rented a car and had a loose itinerary) so did not make a reservation. It so happened that we drove through and past Fetiye and Oludeniz and the other (Hisaronu?) extremely touristy town in the area, looking for something which appealed to us. I remembered reading about the peacefulness of Kaya Koy, and we found ourselves driving around the streets at dusk. Next thing I knew we were in front of the Villa Rhapsody sign, and asked if they had any vacancies. We were tired, disheveled from a full day of driving and none too presentable, but Jeanne and Attila welcomed us like family and invited us to come to dinner as we were. The meal was outstanding, the service unbeatable, and the location poolside by candlelight quite charming. We had a room with a balcony and whenever I woke up at night I would go out and look at the stars, which were amazing! I would just stare up at the Milky Way while listening to the farm animals somewhere in the distance - very relaxing environment. I would recommend Villa Rhapsody to anyone traveling in the area."

by nativnewyorker

A Home Away From Home

"In Kaya Koyu 15 minutes over the mountains from Fethiye there is home away from home awaiting you at the Hotel Villa Rhapsody. This beautiful small hotel located in a rural area affords you a truly unique experience. Jeanne and Atilla have created a peaceful and welcoming environment a far cry from the resorts of Olu Deniz which is a short ride away by dolmus. The Villa Rhapsody has lovely rooms with balconies, my room looked out over the front garden and in the early morning you hear the sound of roosters crowing, and a donkey braying from the fields nearby. My room was basic with telephone but no television (thankfully), a good bathroom and a comfortable bed where I slept soundly. The food, cooked by Jeanne was A-One, ranging from Turkish cuisine to steak. Atilla presides over the lovely bar out by the dining area and next to the pool where guests quickly become friends and conversations are stimulating and music plays, it feels like home and that is why so many of the guests are repeat clients, coming in the same weeks year after year. Dinner by candlelight was a real highlight of my stay. You can go into Fethiye or hop on over to Hisaronu or Olu Deniz or you can walk all over Kaya Koyu as I did, exploring the "ghost city", enjoying the beautiful scenery and talking to the local people who were very welcoming. If you want an experience that is not touristic but a place where you are treated like family in a beautiful and tranquil setting come to the Villa Rhapsody, you'll never want to leave, I didn't LemonLady"

by lemonlady