Deniz Feneri Lighthouse

Beyan Cenkci Cad. Metin Toker Sok. Kas Merkez Cukurbag Yarimadasi, Kas 07580, Turkey
hotel photo

Good

Room: 9.5/10
Service: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Star Barman

"This hotel is the nicest place ever. Everything about the hotel was perfect - the location, the rooms, the food, but the best thing about the place is the staff. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, as others have previously stated - like one big happy family. The nicest, most hard-working person I have ever met was Volkan, the chief barman. Apart from his delightful cocktails and speciality coffees, he was just so friendly, helpful and always smiling despite us guests drinking into the early hours. What a star!"

by LondonLokum

Loved this place and the people...Incredible holiday

"This is the most incredible hotel. Alex and Borhan make an incredible management team and such lovely people too.

I have had an incredible time and was so sad when I had to leave I honestly cried nearly the whole way home. The staff were fantastic and took such good care of me and paid such attention to detail. Volkan's cocktails are a must!!, as well as his cheeky smile. Mel, the rep was so so lovely and made sure I was happy through my whole stay.

This is not just a hotel with management and staff but it is a family, they have made me a part of that family and I can not wait to return to see them all.

The hotel has such panoramic views, the rooms are beatiful and the maids do a lovely job each day to keep the place clean and comfortable. The restaurant always has perfectly prepared food all day long and for a vegetarian catered for me without a problem.

This is such a special place and I will hold it and the people, Alex, Borhan, Mel, Volkan, Moses and everyone else in my heart for the rest of my life. Alex I know that you don't like reading the reviews and your dad may read this and let you know exactly how I felt...thank you for not just a holiday but being such a good friend. See you all in 7 weeks.

by TamsinDorset

Fabulous hotel, best holiday we have had!

"The Lighthouse was fantastic! It made our holiday! We enjoyed ourselves so much; the staff are attentive, kind, and lots of fun. The hosts, Alex and Borhan are really lovely people, and make the place a special home from home without intrusion. It really is a great place - I'm loathe to write a rave review in case loads of people turn up so we can't ever get a booking there again! The location is great, and it's easy to get around the region with a cheap hire car, which you can pick up in Kas. It's a fabulous hotel - we miss them all – but it’s the lovely dog Daisy who is the real star of the place..."

by MarkAlia

kas

"I agree,we too had a great holiday in one of the cheaper rooms. If you do not want a lot of steps then room 304 is for you.I found it quite upsetting to see people with walking difficulties going up higher than us ! If you do not want to go down to the sea then take a cheap boat trip and go in the sea from a boat-much easier! Also-prebook a few evening meals-miles cheaper! The trip to the island of Meis was great-take your swimming stuff!"

by DorkingHolidayaddict

The Perfect Holiday

"The week we spent at this hotel has certainly gone down as the best holiday I have ever been on, and I know from talking with other guests that they felt the same.

The 'complex' was designed and built to such a high standard and now manager Alex and husband Burhan have developed the place as the perfect holiday venue. Their attention to detail and manner with guests is second to none, and this is also carried through into their outstanding staff.

Nothing was ever too much trouble for any of the waiters or barmen and we really got to know them well during our time there; being the approachable and helpful guys they are.

Things to do include the complimentary turkish bath, which was a refreshing treat, a fantastic day trip on the Exclusive Escapes gulet, trips to the beautiful and friendly town of Kas with its many shops and resturants, and of course soaking up the sun and plunging into the stunning infinity pool at the hotel.

Of an evening, there is little need to eat away from the hotel as the resturant, bar and pool area move into 'dinner mode' and the staff brilliantly serve a wide and wonderful range of food.

I will remember this hotel for being a beautiful complex complimented by terrific staff which provides for a holiday full of relaxation, discovery, friends and memories of the perfect holiday.

by worththemost

Excellent quality

"An excellent new "boutique" hotel that opened in May this year. We stayed in the Sunset Suite (which has an additional sitting room) for their third week of opening and were very impressed with how well the hotel was running and how generous the welcome was. It appears that the major investor and owner is Exclusive Escapes, which means the company can ensure very high standards of service with their hand-picked staff and Managers.

With only 26 rooms (and guests away for the day on the complimentary gullet cruises) means that the pool and beach areas are never very busy. As previous posters mention, the quality of food at the hotel is excellent and serve excellent local wines. The daily breakfast is substantial (lots of tasty home-made breads, fruit, jams etc) and there is also a welcome Brunch (with champagne) on Sundays (as most guests arrive very late Saturday evening).

I am sure after the very positive guest experiences so far, it will be a very popular destination and I know we will be back again in the near future. The only note is for those less mobile - the hotel is set on a steep hill and there are a number of stone steps to get from the beach to the rooms right situated at the top!

by Neacon

"All Lovely"

"My husband and I have been going to Kas twice a year for the past 4 years and I have to say that the Deniz Feneri Lighthouse Hotel is undoubtedly the best hotel we have ever visited! The Hotel has stunning sea views which can be seen from every angle. The staff are so friendly and helpful and Alex and her husband Burhan go out of their way to get to know all their guests personally and cater for their every need. It was this personal touch that made the holiday special.

All guests get a complimentary turkish bath and gulet cruise and there is a spa on site for any pampering requirements. It also has a private beach and a stunning infinity pool with sea views.

The restaurant and bar both have amazing sea and sunset views. The best thing, however, was Volkan's Deniz Feneri Cocktail. You can't stay without trying at least one. I have to say every cocktail prepared by Volkan and Musa tasted amazing and were a work of art!

Everything at the hotel was "ALL LOVELY!" I would totally recommend this hotel.

by kaslover

Wonderful time!

"A truly wonderful holiday. This is our first visit to Turkey and we have been won over by the hospitality, the climate, the views and the food. Kas is still unspoilt enough to enjoy without the feeling that it is overrun by tourists. The local population are extremely friendly and welcoming. The restaurants have a wide selection of excellent food especially the fish which is caught locally.

The hotel is run by Alex and Burhan who went out of their way to make sure our holiday was unforgettable. They meet and greet you themselves and are there to help you if you have any problems or need local advice. I believe the quality of an organisation is reflected in the attitude of its staff and all the staff went out of their way to make sure you felt comfortable and entertained. The service was second to none.

The rooms were very comfortable and the views across the bay stunning. For a romantic evening sit on the balcony with a drink and watch the sun set over the headland.

I recommend the Gulet trip and the Turkish Bath as well as Vulcan and Musa's cocktails!

by amaazing

the Lighthouse-Illuminating!!

"We stayed at the lighthouse for the week from 19th may-stunning is a fair description, Alex & the whole team were excellent hosts during our stay. The sunset suite was genuinely one of the most pleasant hotel rooms we have stayed in, food at the hotel was fresh,well presented & of excellent variety. Anything we asked for was happily provided.

All the agreed arrangements were more than adequately met, smiles really were genuine smiles & I dont think I have ever felt more relaxed in a hotel.

A special mention must go to Mehmet who was without doubt the most pleasant human on the planet, he made caring look effortless [which it isnt]!! All in all-WONDERFUL!!!

Tony & Diane Hammond

by tony77

Magical Fortnight

"The hotel opened on 5 May so we took a big chance in booking the first two weeks of its operation. There were teething problems with plumbing and electricity (the hot water toilet flush was an interesting touch) but these were insignificant and speedily overcome.

These minor glitches did nothing to detract from the wonderfully warm attention we received at all times from Alex and Borhan, the husband and wife managers, and all of their marvellous staff.

The rooms were magnificent, well equipped, tastefully decorated and affording stunning views of the sea and mountains.

A genuine "bijou" hotel, the Lighthouse provided an incredibly relaxed and totally enjoyable break. The food is good, the facilities appropriate and proportionate to a small hotel, the spa, in particular being of a good standard.

The biggest difference, however, between this place and any oher we have stayed at is the extent, warmth and genuineness of the attention provided to guests by all the staff. Everybody was made to feel special. Nothing was ever too much. I am aleady planning our return.

by NeilLeeds