Yildirim Guest House

Good

Room: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Yildirim Guest House

Little Gem

"Stayed at the Yildrim Guest House in Fethiye - overlooking the marina for one night before we took a yacht out for a week. Omer is the most charming man and as soon as we returned to Fethiye the next week could not wait to go and have a coffee with him. Very friendly, clean guesthouse - does a great breakfast."

• Holiday details: May 2010, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Don't hesitate to book
by Loraine

Cheerful, Maybe a Bit Expensive for a Single

"Yildirim is a very clean and pleasant, if basic place. The best part is Omer, the avuncular and helpful owner who sincerely cares about guests having a nice time in Fethiye and Turkey generally to the extent that he'll refuse to sell you tours (though he could profit from them) for activities you can do on your own. He's also a font of knowledge on locations and Cappadocian attractions and willing to discuss the ups and downs of Turkish life with greater candor than any other hotel proprietors I met there. The breakfast is adequate. The only thing is that single rooms (twice the price of a double) are a bit expensive for what they are, but doubles and dorms are just about right price-wise, which is something to keep in mind if you're a single traveler like me, although the extra few lira were worth it for Omer alone!"

by mreogh

Basic, very friendly, but uncomfortable rooms

"The owner (Omer) is great. He's fluent in English and will engage in coversations and help you in any way that he can.

There is WiFi and standard Turkish breakfast (boiled eggs, cucumber, tomato, fet, bread, jam, tea). You can walk into town in 3 minutes.

The rooms are very low quality though. Te beds are terrible. They're only 6' and have 6" mattresses with no support an crappy springs. I'm 145 lbs and when I sit on them, I hit the wooden frame below! There are also no accessible power outlets in the room other than in the washroom. Speaking of which, the toilet shower and sink are all in one space, completely unseparated. I hate this and find it not to be sanitary or convenient since everythings gets soaked (like the garbage bin) and it's a nuisance to use the washroom for several hours after a shower, since the floor is wet.

While I like Omer and his hard work to keep us a parking spot out front every day, I am not a fan of the rooms and would not return for that reason only.

by Circumlocutious

Very nice hotel with friendly staff

"What we really appreciated when we arrived is that they had savec a parking space just in front of the guesthouse for our car. We were given a very nice and clean room. The guesthouse is very close from the harbour and boat day-trip are organized everyday, which is why we regret that we only stayed there for one night."

by crapaudine

Perfect for exploring natural beauties of Fethiye - Turkey

"First of all, I came to Fethiye for the natural beauties, not for dancing in disco or swimming in a pool. I stayed for only one week and it was not enough to see all, I am planning to visit again next year and of course I would like to stay in Yıldırım Guest House again.

Yıldırım Guest House is so close to the hearth of Fethiye, you stay in a calm place away from crowd, however you can be at the center of town just by walking several minutes. Location is really perfect, you can find whatever you want, you can also have your dinners in town center. Yıldırım Guest House is also close (approximately 600 meters according to GPS) to Carrefour supermarket, the cheapest market around.

I recommend the 12 island boat tour, it is an all day activity with 5 stops for sightseeing and swimming including lunch (drinks are excluded) about 20 US dollars per person, you can book it from marine and it is 5 minutes by walking. You can ask the details to Omer the pension owner.

Rooms are clean, you don't pay an extra fee for aircondition and aircondition is really working good. Only bathroom is a little bit small but it is not a problem at all, I would prefer a roomy bedroom instead of a big bathroom.

Breakfast is satisfactory, in most pensions and hostels breakfasts are prepared from cheap food but in Yıldırım Guest House breakfast tastes good, especially I reccomend the white cheese. Breakfast is good compared by other pensions.

The owner Omer is so kind and helpful, he can offer routes for visiting, his advices are really useful to save time and money when visiting around Fethiye.

If you have teenage children or you like nightlife, you can go to Hisaronu, which is a region famous with English style pubs and bars. Hisaronu is nearly 7 kilometers to Yıldırım Guest House.

As a conclusion, I strongly recommend Yıldırım Guest House, especially for nature lovers and people who likes silence and calmness.

by M00sty

Relaxed, comfortable and close to everything!

"Owner, Uncle Omer, welcomed me like family to Yildirim Pension. My room was super clean and comfortable and I was really grateful for the aircon (no extra charge!) since it was 40degrees outside! Breakfast was a great inclusion too. Yildirim Guest House is different to other hostels I've stayed at because it has a more relaxed and friendly atmosphere- I felt completely at home here and was reluctant to leave!"

by IstanbulGul

We only stayed a short time...but it was nice!

"We arrived at Yildirim late in the night and left the next morning so I can't say too much about the hotel but our room was clean and comfortable, the en suite was clean and the breakfast was tasty! Additionally, it's worth mentioning that we arrived quite late as we got lost while driving from Denzili but the hotel owner waited up for us and was very kind and concerned when we arrived...a very nice guy indeed!"

by sasandtim

Unbeatable Hospitality

"My wife and I were here for 3 days at the end of May and loved it. The only complaint I could make would be the small bathroom. The room was clean and of an adequate size. The manager, Meteem (sp?) was a wonderful host. We ate all of our breakfasts and dinners here - no need to go out and about looking for something. We met Omar, the owner, on our last day and he was very interesing to visit with an dprovided us with great insights about Turkey. Very short walk to catch the ferry to Rhodes. Just a wonderful place to stay.

Roger Friesen

Winnipeg, CANADA

by trundle53

Convenient and comfortable

"Clean, spacious rooms, Yildirim is good value. In the winter months you might need to use a/c to warm up room before nightfall as Fethiye air can feel damp near the harbour side. Its even better in summer months as you can enjoy breakfast or mezes sitting on the large terrace. Location is convenient for taking boat trips and is close to town, and you can find a few grocery shops nearby when you need any last minute items. There's also internet access on request."

by cosycarol

Frıendly turkısh hospıtalıty

"I would defınıtely recommend thıs place, good turkısh hospıtalıty -frıendly staff, very ınformatıve and helpful wıth arrangıng travel requırements. Its also located not far from the harbour and shoppıng areas. The bed was comfortable as well."

by Kazzzie

Comfy beds that don't sway!

"We stayed at Yıldırım after doıng a blue cruıse from Olympos to Fethıye. The rooms are a reasonable sıze and the beds were really comfy. The water pressure was a bıt lackıng but the water was hot!!!! The staff were really frıendly and laıd back and made our stay really easy. It ıs close to the harbour and only a 10 mın walk from the centre of the shoppıng area and they can tell you - or even take you - to the good pubs around. Defınately worth a look!"

by aussiechickinireland