Tusan Hotel

Good

Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 7.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Tusan Hotel

Enter your dates:

Nice small resort hotel by Quizkid

A nice small resort hotel, convenient to Troy if you have a car. It's outside of Canakkale (which is a big city), in a small village called Guzelyali. Drive out of Canakkale following the signs to Troy. Exit at Guzelyali (it's marked on the road signs). Drive through the town--the Tusan is at the far end. Clean, spacious rooms. Nice pool, small rocky beach. The water was pretty cold when we were there. The hotel has a nice lobby and a restaurant with a view of the sea. In the lobby there is a parrot who likes to have his head scratched by visitors.

Relaxation and good food at its best by halinaandeddie

M y wife and I have stayed here on a few occasions,and I have been here by myself while visiting the nearby War Graves at Gallipoli. I have always without exception enjoyed my and our stay and wished I or we could linger longer.

The staff are friendly helpful and effiecient the food varied and well presented, the rooms and other facilites excellent, and one final word the sunset going down over the Dardenelles, while having your evening meal on the terrace, a sight to behold.

Eddie and Halina Lendrum

Carrickfergus.

N.Ireland

Wonderful staff in a very charming setting by LTownsend

My husband and I stayed at the Tusan in Sept. as part of a tour and my wallet must have dropped out of my purse in our room. I discovered it missing during the day but not knowing where I lost it I thought it was gone. To my great surprise and pleasure, it was delivered to me the next day at a new hotel in Istabul. It is quite a distance - I can't say enough about how pleased I was with the honesty of the housekeeping staff and the intiative the hotel staff took in tracking me down at my new hotel.

And the Tucan is a charming small hotel in a pine woods setting overlooking the water and just lovely. We had dinner on the terrace and the food was wonderful.

Lois Townsend

Toronto

Canada

great find! by fundap

Beautiful hotel in the middle of a forest- serene & cozy. The food is delicious, the owners are friendly and the sunsets are gorgeous.

A fantastic hotel by Members_only_guy

I stayed at the Tusan Hotel whilst travelling around Turkey and Europe. I absolutely loved the place. The room was immaculate and comfortable and I enjoyed the food so much that I never eat anywhere else the week that I was there. The forrested area that is on the hotel property is a great factor in the beauty of the place and the view from the room of the sea was supperb. The private beach is a real

draw as well, especially when considering how busy and dirty some of the other beaches are in the region. The staff were extremely friendly

and it certainly had the family run feel. I don't know when I'll be back in Turkey, but I'd certainly stay at Tusan again if I was in the area.

Good food, freindly and resourceful staff by HansOM

Excellent, a clean, quiet, and friendly place to stay with a very resourcefull staff. We stayed there three nights, and enjoyed dinner and breakfast on the balcony every day. The kitchen served up wonderfull Turkish cuisine, and we were introduced to the local Raki,

a distinct Turkish version of Ouzo by our friendly hosts. To get a nice kickstart in the mornings nothing beats that Turkish cofee... move over Starbucks! Tusan was a great base for visiting the nearby Troy as well as the battlefields and war memorials of Galipoli, just across the water. We found our room to be a very good value, tidy, clean and comfortable. Although beaching it wasn't our main attraction to the area, there was a small, secluded, sandy beach in front of the hotel with calm water, perfect for our morning swim.

Superb Experience by Denverite2007

My experience at the Tusan Hotel was wonderful. I had comfortable and clean accomodations and was treated amicably the entire four nights I stayed at there. When I visited, the beach was immaculate. I noticed no trash or other detritus on the beach and the grounds were well cared for. I would recommend this hotel to anyone doing a tour of the West Coast to Turkey.

Don't believe the Haters by punjabiw

I just stumbled across this review while planning another trip to Turkey this summer and felt the strong need to counter what are two obviously very weighted opinions. My wife and I stayed in Tusan for two nights while we explored the sights around the area before continuing down the coast. We found the hotel to be clean and always accommodating to our needs. The food was excellent and so was the atmosphere while eating it. All in all, a definite highlight of our lodging experiences while in Turkey.

Filthy Hotel by A TripAdvisor Member

Spent night at hotel while on tour on Turkey. Lovely view- that was all. Beach was littered with garbage. Room was dirty. Walls desparately needed to be painted. I wiped toilet and found feces under rim - had never been cleaned. I almost killed myself in the shower because the seal to the wall was badly broken, and water running under the the tub made the floor a hazard. Avoid this hotel!

Management response from strett128, 08 Oct 2006

Being one of the most popular and well known hotel in Turkey, we were really suprised and very upset after reading the review of your member. Tusan hotel is a well known ,family hotel since 1962. we have always taken care of our guests individually, and tend to any problem that may arise during their visits at our hotel. As we have renovated our hotel in the year 2005, it is really hard to accept the review of the gentleman. İf he has had no satisfaction, the room could have been changed immediately. Regarding our experiences, we know that it is really hard to please every person as they all have different expectations. We always have personal contact with our guests and are feed back and return guests have been very satisfactory for years. As you know we are a familiy run hotel, so the personal contact is the fact that we are ourselves checking our guests in at the reception and introduce ourselves right at the start of their stay. we always state that if you have any problems at all please do feel free to explain to us the problem and we will do our best to rectify any problem that you have. We realise that you cannot please every guest that you have but so far we have done a very good job of doing just that. Still we respect your member his opinion. Enver Yilmaz Owner Tusan Hotel

by the sea by Mimibest

Lovely views by the sea but the beach was littered with garbage. This was in April so maybe they clean it up for the summer tourists. Food was good. Rooms were big with patios. Don't sit in one of the deck chairs though if you are heavyset or not too agile. I got stuck!!

Read 83 additional reviews of Tusan Hotel

Stayed at Tusan Hotel? Share your insight.

Tusan Hotel also called