Armada Hotel

Good

Room: 8.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Armada Hotel

Good hotel. Great Location

"I went to Istanbul for a conference and stayed at Armada hotel. The hotel is in Ottoman style, so not the most modern one, but very well integrated with the surroundings.

It is located in the old part of town (Sultanhamet) but far (10 to 16 minutes walking) from the noisy area of the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Also not far (30 minutes walking) from the Grand Bazar, and a few seconds from the ocean.

The breakfast in the terrace and has an amazing view to the mosques and to the ocean.

by MiguelHenriques

Fascinating location coupled with superb quality of service

"I have stayed at Armada multiple times. It has become my home in Istanbul to say the least with the warm welcoming staff, the unique location right in the Old Istanbul, the unbelievably rich breakfast that you have in the roof.

I have had over 30 friends from MIT stay in this hotel through the years and everybody enjoyed their experiences..We still talk and remember "Su boregi" ..water pie ..so yummy!!

Haghia Sophia (Aya Sofya), The Blue Mosque (Sultan Ahmet Camii), The Grand Bazaar or Covered Bazaar (Kapalı Çarşı) and The Basilica Cistern (Yerebatan Sarayı/Sarnıcı) are all in walking distance.

Be sure to try the restaurants at the hotel ..where you will find the most authentic food ...

This is a very special place ...

by fromWallSt

Nice sea view

"Nice views but unfortunately I suffered alot from the mosquitos!! Becareful and close windows at night time. It is in a great location behind Sultanahmet area and a direct way to the Ataturk Airport. As a 4 stars hotel, they should improve their services such as blankets and trousers' ironing and bathrooms' services such as shampos, more soaps and changing towels. Our booking was for a Double Superior room- one king bed but they surprised us with twin beds which was really a depressed beginnig, specially because of the way and rude behaviour in treating the problem by the receptionist who was there at that time!! Anyway I would like through this review to send my special thanks to Masaaood and Talib(Security) for their special and kind concern and help all the time."

by Ourdream2

Very nice hotel

"This tasteful medium-sized local-styled hotel is located right by the Bosphorous/Sea of Marmara. Major tourist sites such as the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, Basilica Cistern and Tokapi Palace are within 15-minute walking distance. In fact, on the rooftop, you can see the top of the Blue Mosque and Aya Sophia right in front of you. The nearest tramcar and light-rail stops are close by. Breakfast on the rooftop is enjoyable - big seagulls regularly accompany you on the parapet. Service is friendly, efficient and very helpful. I have one suggestion though. Since my stomach does not take to cheese or cheese-related food, choice from the traditional local breakfast was limited for me. The addition of freshly-made omlette would have been great. Visit the hotel's website, the hotel is as nice as the photos shown."

by Liu_R

A hotel to fall in love with

"Excellent hotel, discrete and luxurious atmosphere, friendly and knowledgeable staff, unique view from the terrace. An overall worthy experience and a certain "plus" to our stay in Istanbul."

by MaMoi

Visit to Istanbul

"For my another visit to Istanbul I decided to try Armada hotel. Though it was new for me, their website looked quite promising. So I've booked my room through the website of the hotel as also the conditions of reservation online seemed to me pretty fair and reliable.

When I arrived I was kindly welcomed by staff and there was no problem or difficulties with residence. I occupied my room as it was promised on the website.

The room was really "superior"! And when I opened my window - it was amazing view of Sea of Marmara. And of course, the night walks along the sea-shore - all you need to do is just to cross the road.

Beside all I was kindly offered quite good and useful books "Guide in Istanbul", that really helped me around, and any questions or help I needed - the staff was always there for assistance. They provided for us very comfortable accommodation.

Quite few times visiting Istanbul, I know that sometimes it's quite difficult to find a place with the best combination of price and quality. That's why I would reccomend "Armada Hotel"!

You would only make your impression from Istanbul more wonderful and unforgetable if you choose to stay in "Armada Hotel"!

by Vera1983

Very comfy at the Armada

"A friend of friends, Serhan, suggested the Armada. We figured he is local and should know.

We read the history of the place connected to Barbarosa and thought that would be fun. Turned out great. Good location. Superb views. The terrace was a breezy and comfortable place for eating and looking out to the water as well as to the Blue Mosque and St. Sophia on the back side. The food was good. The service was quite

courteous. Most importantly, it was quiet and civilized. The music background was discreet and very atmospheric. We guess that is important to us because we are over 60. The room was clean and comfy. Nothing fancy, just right. The air conditioning and elevators worked. The bath robes were great - we bought them. We spent time at the bar where we could smoke and have snacks along with the drinks.

In brief, we travel a lot, and this place is truly nice. Next time in Istanbul we will stay there again.

Rod Tuttle

Bissy Genova

by mossridge

Hotel Armada Istanbul

"Very nice hotel with lovely views and the lobby is great.

the people at the hotel were more than freindly and always willing to help.

the cleaniness and atmosphere of the hotel was excellent.

would reccomend to anyone going to turkey.

by fezanali

lovely stay

"we stayed at the armada hotel for a long week-end (thur-sun).

the hotel is very good.

the room was very clean.

the staff is very kind.

if you are experiencing a problem, ask them, they can help you for sure!

the food is gorgeous, and the terrace, where breakfast and dinner are served, is worth the travel.

by fabiomariani

Our Favorite Hotel in Istanbul

"My wife and I travel yearly to Turkey, which country we have known and loved since I was the first Fulbright Scholar at the Law Faculty of the University of Istanbul in 1951-52.

Our absolutely favorite hotel in Istanbul is the Armada. I cannot remember how many times we stayed there, but we just returned this week from three days in this delightful and superb hotel, at the end of a three-week trip inside Turkey.

We have many reasons for loving the Armada. The first reason is its location -- in Sultanahmet, where ALL tourists to Istanbul should stay. It is within sight of the Blue Mosque (the Sultan Ahmet), Aya Sofya, and Topkapi, and within walking distance of the Covered Bazaar (Kapali Çarsi) and innumberable other attractions.

For the quality of the hotel, the price is most reasonable.

The staff of the hotel is incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms, although not large, are extremely comfortable, well appointed, and impeccably clean. The breakfast, which comes with the room price, is superb in quality, and takes place on the lovely terrace of the hotel, from which you can look north to the Blue Mosque and Aya Sofya and south to the Sea of Marmara.

We cannot recommend the Armada Oteli too highly!

Edward R. M. Kane

Washington, DC

by ermkWashington_DC

Read 407 additional reviews of Armada Hotel

Map for Armada Hotel Closest airport: Istanbul Ataturk International (IST) 8.9 miles