Hotel Arenal

Avenida Doctor Fleming 16, Ibiza 07820, Spain

Stayed at Hotel Arenal?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Service: 8.5/10
Food: 7.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel Arenal

Enter your dates:

« 1 2 3 »
me and my partner have bin to ibiza... by Rob Livingston

me and my partner have bin to ibiza the last 5 years,and we carnt get enuf ov the place.we have stayed in the hotel el arenal on several occasions and we have only had cause to complain once,but all in all i think it is a wonderfull hotel so how any body can give it a rating ov 2 out ov 10 i will never know.we have stayed in others round the bay and they were shocking.we are even going back in august this year so staff beware.see ya all soon staff at arenal.

Very nice resort, right in the heart... by J Goacher

Very nice resort, right in the heart of the bis but no louts or drunks on streets, stunning views of bay and weather fantastic, hotel was very nice and second floor views of bay fantastic. Nice beach however some areas quite stony and seaweedy but otherwise cant complain. Short taxi ride from airport and would definitely recommend this resort to others

The rooms were lovely and spacious,... by Jadey Baby

The rooms were lovely and spacious, however our view was rubbish. We overlooked burger king etc and the supermarket across the road even though we paid for a sea view room. The maids put all of our things in the bed! The staff were not exactly friendly but we did reek havoc upon such a quiet place!

The worst thing about the place was the food. Disgusting. We ate out a lot as we couldn’t stand the food.

While we were there we visited the Mar Y Vent apartments as we met people that were staying there and I loved the place. It was always buzzing, loads of young people (hardly any young people in Arenal) and a nicer view than ours! So close to Cafe Del Mar and Cafe Mambo and loved being near to the music! The rooms there were big and cosy.

I won’t go back to Arenal again and would definitely recommend Mar Y Vent!

Have a great time in Ibiza everyone!

The room was as you would expect for... by L Mckinnon

The room was as you would expect for a three star hotel, the entrance was very grand and looked the part. The food in the hotel was all right, magic puddings!!! But what more do you expect when you are right next door to a burger king, pizza hut and a KFC!!!

Most of the staff are very friendly, but watch out for the maids they are easily upset!! Nightlife is great but can be expensive!!! If you go you have to check out the Okcoral bar 10 euro's for all you can drink for an hour!!!

This is a great hotel, it's just... by robbieuk21

This is a great hotel, it's just close enough to the action but not close enough to be disturbed by it.

I would highly recommend paying that little bit extra for a sea view room, it's only a small fee but the hotel faces the sunset and the bay which is excellent at night.

The food is a little bit hit and miss but its half board and the selection is pretty varied each morning and evening and to their credit, they try very hard to please everyone.

There is hot and cold choices including salad, plus a soup starter and a wide range of deserts. There is bound to be something you would like.

The only real criticism is sometimes it's not as warm as you would have normally expected so get there early.

The staff are very friendly and the accommodate any request you have.

Overall very good.

The hotel was not very good at all.... by  L Lyth

The hotel was not very good at all. Rooms were spacious but that is the only good thing I can say about hotel.

The restaurant was extremely cramped, the food was appalling and always cold, served on very small plates, we did have to eat out most of the time. The staff were not very friendly or polite, quite rude actually. Drinks prices went up in the evenings and the entertainment was terrible.

The hotel is in a good position but the beach is very dirty. We will most definitely not be returning to the Hotel Arenal ever again.

not good enough by flutterby1111

Just not good enough for a three star hotel. Old fashioned Spanish hotel with very old funiture etc. in the rooms. Kept clean by poker-faced staff, and carpeting in the corridors keep the noise down, but the problem is in the Dining Room, where it is a shambles. Not enough thought about the lay-out, everything crambed into one corner, where lukewarm food is slowly presented to you to put on stone-cold plates. The resturant manager strolls around in a dream smiling at everybody and serving drinks etc. instead of tackling the problem in front of him. As for a main course, well you may be lucky once a week to get something edible. Soups and salads where fine. Good swimming pool,and reasonably peacefull given its frontline position, but book a seaview room for the views and they are quieter. Just shake that resturant up!

holiday from hell by A TripAdvisor Member

just returned from hotel arenal with my 19 year old daughter, we went for a chill out holiday before i get remarried, how wrong could we be!!! we arrived at 11pm and was given a key to a room that hadn't been cleaned,the reception staff apart from ava are miserable and never talk!2nd day whilst sunbathing by the pool, 1 of the sun umbrellas fell on top of us causing a large bruise to my rib, waiters didn't even ask if i was allright, thank god it didn't land on a child!! food is disgusting, prisoners must get better food. on 4th night we were robbed of our cash and cards from the safe in our room whilst we were asleep in our beds!!!! the manager was very unhelpful and didn't believe us!! the other holidaymakers made our holday they were all understanding and offered to help us with cash, i wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone!!

Lovely location, better than expected by A TripAdvisor Member

After reading a few 'dodgy' reviews i wasnt too sure what to expect. But in my eyes is a perfect location, lovely staff, lovely rooms and a good choice of food.

I actually went to Ibiza alone, on the hope of having fun and having a safe room to return to in the early hours. The staff including the JMC rep were all very friendly and helped me make friends to hit the town with.

Its walking distance to San Antonio, but is quite peaceful around the hotel itself. I would say seems to safe for familys, as they had lots of entertainment on in the evening although watch out for the dodgy blokes on the sea front at night.

Overall, a lovely hotel, ideal location - especially for the sunsets and sunrises - close enough to all the action but quiet enough to get a good nights sleep.

Would highly recommend to young people.

2nd time around by sall7

this was our 2nd visit to th e arenal and again cant fault it.

had a minor problem when we arrived but it was soon sorted thanks to juan on reception and fiona the first choice rep.

had a fantastic sea view room again! sunsets are excellent ,thought the food had improved this year,even though we didnt really moan about it last year but some people did.

as it was our 2nd time there the head waiter in the dining room gave us a bottle of champagne on the house which we thought was a nice touch.

waiters were great especially emillio and raphael who bought us out on our last night a yard of shots (and not the rubbish they give away up the west end)

we met up with the same gang from manchester as we did last year denise, mo, john ,joan, and paul who have been staying here for years and wouldnt go any where else.

all in all a fantastic hotel,location,staff ,cleaners,everything....would definately reccomend this hotel to couples (above 30)and families well done arenal keep it up!!!!!!

The hotel is right on the beach in... by Rachel Fiddy

The hotel is right on the beach in San Antonio, not far from the clubs - Es Paradis, Manumission and Eden, the harbour is also nearby offering lots of diving trips as well as boat trips - both day and night. The road train is a good trip to go on which goes from San Antonio itself 3 times a day and costs 11 euros, but is well worth it as the driver is bonkers. The hotel does also do diving trips and on the beach pedaloes can be hired. Next to the hotel is also a Burger King, Pizza Hut and KFC.

The Zinema Bar is a good place to get a drink and to chill out, it is right next to the Arenal and is cheap, cost of a pint of lager is 2 euros and a cocktail is 5 euros. The staff there are so friendly and nice, especially Diane and Sue. The Zinema Bar who do great food. If you like Karaoke, the Zinema Bar is also the place to go, as everyone who sings gets a free drink. The main sporting events are also shown at the Zinema, but as when I was there, 2 England matches were shown, so at them times, the bar did get rather busy, but some of the other sporting events shown was the cricket, motor sports and tennis.

The food in the hotel is quite good, but it depends on what your tastes are. Before I went, I read a lot of reviews saying the food wasn't good, but when I got there, I found it depends on what you like and don't like. I did notice that they don't really cater for vegetarians, most of the food they served was meat or did include meat in it. Breakfast wasn't particularly that good, but again it does depend on likes and dislikes, if you like cereal and fruit for breakfast, there is a lot of that, but not much of a cooked breakfast. The restaurant is quite relaxed, you can take food out of the restaurant for the day, on the last day of my holiday, I made sandwiches for the afternoon, so I had some food for when I checked out, and no one made a fuss. I saw some guests taking glasses of juice upstairs and no one minded.

There is a very relaxed dress code in the evenings, as long as you don't go in without a top on or without wearing swimwear, you can wear what you want, I wore shorts, t-shirts and trainers and no one bothered. What does happen is that you are given a table that corresponds to your room number for the duration of your stay in the hotel, but that is not normally mentioned until you are sat at someone else’s table and the manager approaching you saying that you are sat at someone else’s table.

The meal times are between 8 and 10 for breakfast and between 7:30 and 9:30 in the evening, but if you do get hungry, there is a snack bar in the hotel offering hot food for decent prices, and if you do like ice cream, there is an ice cream parlour underneath the hotel selling ice creams as well as meal deals including pizza, coffee with milk and an ice cream for about 7 - 8 euros, if my memory is right, but it is something around that price.

The hotel also let you bring food and drink in from outside the hotel to consume in your room, but if you want to consume anything downstairs by the pool or in the bar, it has to be bought in the hotel. The staff are friendly at the hotel and are quick to sort out any problems with the rooms, I had one problem, I reported it in the morning, 30 mins later, a member of the maintenance staff came to see what the problem was, as he could not repair it, a carpenter was called, and the problem was sorted out in the early afternoon.

Air Conditioning is not included in your room cost, it does cost extra, but there is a ceiling fan in each room, which does a good enough job of keeping the room cool, but as I found out, the cleaner always seemed to switch it off when I was out of the room. There is a safe available to every room, it costs 2 euros per night plus a returnable deposit of 3 euros, but if you lose the key, you will be charged 12 euros.

If you are on a late night flight and want to keep your room for the day, which is subject to availability and 26 euros, you need to see the reception 24 hours before your flight to see if your room is available for that. The one person rooms are not as small as I was lead to believe by some reviews, they do not have a balcony, but you do get a good view of the harbour and the Zinema Bar, the noise of people coming back from the clubs isn't too bad, but you can hear the karaoke from the Zinema next door.

The entertainment provided by the hotel management is shared between the Arenal and the Ses Savines which is the sister hotel and is less than 10 mins walk from the Arenal and is a variety in entertainment, as well as that, there is a mini disco for the kids held every night in the Arenal.

There is an internet access point just behind reception but is quite expensive, about 1 euro for 3 mins, there is however a clubbing shop next door that offers internet access but not sure on their tariffs as I went to one right round the end of the bay on the street next to the pharmacy, past the cafes, restaurants and perfumeries, which costs 90 cents for 15 mins, 1 euro and 80 cents for 30 mins and 2 euros and 70 cents for 1 hour.

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to go to San Antonio.

A holiday you won't forget by A TripAdvisor Member

Oh well where do you start after coming back off such a wonderful holiday. The first thing that comes to mind is what a scream.

Well we will start off by telling you about the hotel. It was in a brill location out off the way from the noise off the clubs & pubs in West End but only a 5-10 mins walk there & probably a 20 mins stagger back. All the reception staff was very friendly & helpful also the maids was friendly and the hotel was always spotless. Now on to the main part of the hotel. The BAR, there are 4 staff, Victor the boss who is very funny and gets you very drunk, Manuel who is 2nd in line who is ok, Riffiel who is loco (crazy) always making me & my partner try loads of new shots then last but not least Emilio who is also loco (crazy) they are all nice to talk to and very helpful in getting you drunk.

The prices in the hotel are very reasonable both in the bar & snack bar. There are to pools 1 indoor that is always very warm & 1 outdoor which is very cold good to cure a hangover (i know i tried it). Haha.

If you are planning any trips heres some info. Whilst there me & my partner went on the Blade runner which is a large speed boat which travels at 60mph crashing over the waves, doing stunts like hand brake turns & stopping within 12ft you will get soaked. Also we ventured out on a day trip on Captian Nemos glass bottom boat which included champagne diving, free flowing sangria & pop, lunch is also included when you stop at 1 of the islands. You can go for a swim in the clear blue sea. Last but certainly not least was the fab Mardi Grass. What a fab night that was free flowing s-- on the beach all night long & a meat banquet this night is certainly not to be missed. There are 2 show a week Monday night for familes. Tuesday night is for ADULTS only.

We travelled with First Choice & our Rep in the resort was Fran. What a lovly person & she was so friendly helpful & such a laugh.

We would like to say hello to Nige,Karen,Les,lynzi,Chelsea,Samuel,Sam,Harry,Tracey,

Judith,Tom & last but not least Kelly & Dave who was on their Honeymoon Good luck for the future.

Hope to see you all soon.

Lee & Frankee.

P.S This is a hotel not to miss out on. Happy holiday

« 1 2 3 »
Stayed at Hotel Arenal? Share your insight.

Map for Hotel Arenal Closest airport: Ibiza (IBZ) 7.4 miles