Bellamar Hotel

Good

Room: 8.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Value: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Bellamar Hotel

1 2 3 »
Superb Hotel

"Wonderfull hotel, really good choice at not a bad price. Me, my partner and two of our friends who are also a couple stayed at this hotel from 22nd - 29th June 11.

The hotel we extremely clean and tidy. Breakfast and evening meal were at ideal times, breakfast especially as it lasted until 10:30 where most hotels finish at 9.

Pool area lovely and clean with sea view and no roudy or messy people. convenient pool bar that serves lunchtime snacks.

24hr reception for any assistance you need, rooms are cleaned everyday and towels / sheets changed if necessery.

Rooms have a TV but I could only find 1 English channel that was Sky News, but hey I didnt go to watch tele. Rooms could do with a CD player + better hairdryer but these were minor things in a great holiday.

Would definatley stay here again, the hotel is far enough away from the resort centre to be safe and quiet but close enough to walk into at night.

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Half Board, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Plenty of sunscreen and a lilo for the pool. Flat shoes to work down along the sea front.
by Amz

Great Hotel

" I have stayed in the Bellamar Hotel on Family Holidays and with Groups of friends celebrating birthdays! Each visit has been so good it makes it difficult to book to go anywhere else.the rooms are very clean, The food is great,the chef made me a Birthday Cake last year which was delicious.The staff are down to earth and friendly.I have been at the height of the season and at the end of the season and have loved each visit.The Hotel is in a great location just opposite the beach.I would not reccomend this hotel to groups of young people as it is a quiet hotel where people like to relax.It is a 20 min stroll to the west end if you want to visit shops and very loud and lively bars,but it is a great feeling knowing that when you get back to the Bellamar it is quiet,no banging doors,no clip clop of heels on tiled floors just peace and quiet.My only negative comment about this hotel is the views from the balconies are not very good,unless you are lucky enough to afford a suite at the front of the hotel."

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Half board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Ibiza is much quieter than it used to be.
by Dancing queen

terrible

"what a waste of hard earned money. food was a disgrace. room was no way superior. entertainment was terrible.english channels on tv had no reception after 7pm.worst 2 week holday ever had. no way 4star maybe 2star and i stress the 2"

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, Half Board, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: dont waste your money
by jake019

As a couple of single girls we wanted...

"As a couple of single girls we wanted to party in San Antonio in the evenings, but not have to stay right in the midst of all the noise. The Hotel Bellamar was the perfect place to stay. It has a lovely pool area if you prefer to stay away from the sand, which has a bar with waiter service.. if not, the beach is just across the road. The beach is very clean and the sea is lovely... there is a bar there too which we utilized daily! If you fancy popping into San Antonio town it's a 15 minute walk along the promenade... which is a really nice walk with hotels, restaurants and bars all the way to party-land.

All the rooms are air-conditioned at no extra cost.. they are nicely decorated and all have balconies. The bathrooms are almost entirely marble with a bath, shower, toilet, bidet, sink and a hairdryer if you haven't packed your own. You have a TV which has one English channel (BBC), a fridge, a safe (local charge) and plenty of space to store all your things. The breakfasts are excellent and cater to all tastes with the option of full english, cereals, continental cold meats, cheeses, etc. The staff are very helpful, polite and professional.

The hotel also has a wellness centre and a gym, pool tables and internet access.

We enjoyed our stay so much that we are definitely returning next year. You won't find a hotel of this calibre anywhere else in the bay.

Book it and enjoy!

by A N Smith

My wife and I stayed in the Bellamar...

"My wife and I stayed in the Bellamar for 1 week in early August 2008.

The Hotel was excellent.

The Staff were very friendly and could not have been more helpfull.

The room was very good and the view from the Balcony was fantastic (Fourth Floor Front) The Sunsets are wonderfull.

The Food was very good, there was great choice and was always fresh and tasty, I am Coeliac and I had no trouble finding plently of choice and suitable items to suit my diet.

My wife and I are both aged about 60 years old with a grown up family. We found this Hotel to be Ideal for a quiet, relaxing holiday. There were only a few well behaved children.

The Hotel is far enough away from the Busy Town to avoid the noise from the Clubbers at night and in the early morning but still within walking distance to visit the shops during the day.

The buses are managable and reasonably easy (I have Arthritis with Joint Replacements) and very reasonably priced. We visited Ibiza Town twice, my wife enjoyed the shops. (She came home with four new handbags).

Would we go there again - Definately and I look forward to it very much.

by K MACKAY

I was very impressed with this hotel,...

"I was very impressed with this hotel, we stayed for a week and had a very pleasant stay. The room was a little smaller than expected but was clean when we arrived and the rooms were cleaned daily. Food was nice, breakfast was a little repetitive but in general good food. They didn't have hash browns though and the bacon wasn't the best but there was lots of other things to chose from. We always had a good meal in the evening and lots of choice. Pool was nice, no problem getting a sun bed at all even if you got up late. The staff were very friendly and always made you feel welcome. The poolside bar was good too, good food was served in the day although we decided to stay for some cocktails one night but couldn't drink them they were quite bad. The beach is over the road and their is a good selection of restaurants and shops next to the hotel. If you are wanting a clubbing holiday its not in the best location, all the reviews I read said it was a 15-20 min walk from San Antonio but it was more like 30 minutes, although their are a good selection of bars nearby. I wouldn't say this hotel was 4* more like 3* but it was still a nice hotel to stay in. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a nice holiday in a quiter part of the area, not too close to all the nightlife."

by L Robinson

Sorry to put a downer on all the good...

"Sorry to put a downer on all the good comments about this hotel but i wasnt very impressed. We went for 10 days 15th June. Supposedly a 4 star hotel, more like a 3 star. Firstly the rooms are very basic, no tea/coffee making facilities(maybe this is just an english thing) not to a 5 star standard anyway. Our room was above the restaurant which meant every morning at 8am we were woke by chairs scraping across the floor, at first we thought the noise was coming from upstairs. We asked at the reception if we could move rooms and he was very unhelpful and just said no fully booked. Luckily we werent in ibiza for the clubbing scene but it would have been nice to have had a lie in now and then! The food for breakfast was SO repetitive, i was sick of it by the end of the holiday.

On a plus side the pool area was very nice, always sun beds available. I would recommend going mid june as it is not so busy, towards the end of our holiday (end of june) it was getting very busy. The weather was great, 40 degrees most days, sunsets are amazing, not to be missed. The bars in San antonio are very nice and people are friendly, we even saw will i am from the black eyed peas strolling down san antonio sea front while we were there!

Plenty of places to eat out and kfc and pizza hut are just down the road in san antonio for the fussy ones.

I would recommend hiring a car because there are many amazing beaches but you will need to drive to get to them. We drove round most of the island while we were there.

I would definately go to san antonio bay again but would not stay at the bellamar hotel.

by L Mason

This hotel is gorgeous!The best we...

"This hotel is gorgeous!The best we have ever stayed in. It is in a brilliant location overlooking the beach and has a lot to do around it in the bay and in san antonio itself. We went as a group of 8 and had such a good holiday. The whole hotel is spotless and rooms are cleaned every day with clean towels. The indoor pool and gym are brilliant as they are free of charge however the jacuzzi is 16euros for half an hour. Have had a wider selection of food in previous hotels however the quality has not been so good as this hotel. Its not your basic chicken nuggets and chips but instead fresh vegetables and selection of meat/lasagne etc. Staff are all so lovely and very friendly and can't do enough to help. Mind you don't get roped into going to amnesia by the rep if you don't like proper clubbing music though. We asked for somewhere with commercial dance and she said we would love amnesia.......totally wrong!We payed 35 euros each and got told there would be a free bus there and back. Got a bus there and when we arrived it was not what we were expecting!It was full of pill heads and a constant thudding noise...not my idea of commercial dance!!!Also there was no bus home so we had to get 2 taxi's back costing 20euros a taxi!other than that the holiday was brilliant and we would deffinately go back. The es peurto bar on the beach is a must for lunch and snacks m mmm went everyday they do lovelyyyyy food =D.The pink panther bar and funky lizard are really good little bars and do great value drinks...a litre pitcher of cocktail for 9euros...bargainnnn!We would deffinately recommend this hotel to anyone however it is not really child friendly as there is nothing for them to do within the hotel and it is soon to be changed to adults only."

by K Locker

this was my first time to san antonio...

"this was my first time to san antonio and i was so glad i picked the bellemar you cant fault it at all, whent with my best friend and with two young girls alone in ibiza it was nice to be just a bit out of it, but only a 5 min walk to the main night life! we whent half board the food was ok, staff were friendly and helpfull, met loads of nice people1a great holiday overall"

by E Stinchcombe

Nice 4 star hotel in San Antonio bay...

"Nice 4 star hotel in San Antonio bay (prob best in the area) which is away (300mtrs) from main town so noise levels from the 'party/bar zone' is low ensuring a good nights sleep. Rooms are clean and typical spec' but a bit below the average for a 4 star.

Pool bar has good salads and fried food and main restaurant serves a wide choice but food's more 3star mass-catering than 4star special!

If you've a car park up the road for free but not outside hotel or you'll get ticketed.

Downsides? We've stayed here twice (Sept' 06 & 07) and can't get a double bed, its always a twin, which is a major irritation when you stay 10days. The pool area is great for sunning but pool is freezing even at the end of summer. The gym is tiny and poorly equipped. And the hotel maids can't read 'Do Not Disturb' and keep knocking on your door after you've had a late night partying!

All-in-all though it's a good hotel.

by JP McQuaigue

Like a 5 star

"This hotel is definitely a jewel.

I have read other reviews about meals being not so good but this is simply not true. The meals and restaurant were a real treat.The breakfasts are huge in choice and never change because they offer everything you could imagine in meats cheeses cooked foods, fruits, breads. Dinners were also very good and varied on a huge buffet. The restaurant like the hotel itself is very well run.

The cleaners are everywhere in the hotel and efficient. I really liked that. Now the beds in the rooms are a bit firm but I got used to this. The hotel location is actually facing the sea front by steps. Its only 20 mins walk from the S.Antonio. centre or 20 mins walk the other way will take you to some great Karaoke bars.

Check in staff at reception were all nice and really helpfull. This hotel is excellent and a real treasure.

by MarieHawthorn

So Helpful!

"I stayed at the Bellamar with my sister for 3 nights in the beginning of June and loved it. We'd booked our trip independently and so arrived at the hotel really early, at around 11 am. We asked to leave our luggage there while we went out, but they said that our room was ready and we could check in, which really suprised us.

We had a twin room on the 1st floor. It was beautifully clean with air con and a small balcony. The bathroom had a shower over the bath and a large sink/dressing table and toilet and bidet. They advertise the rooms as "sound-proof" which may be true from noise outside but people in the rooms next door and corridors were heard quite easily. The maid came to clean and change the towels every day.

We stayed B&B and ate breakfast twice. They had a good range of semi-English Breakfast, cereal, toast and pastries. It was ok, but the orange juice from the machine was revolting. Tea and coffee was fine and the restaurant was well staffed and clean too.

The hotel was really well managed and had loads of gorgeous fresh flowers everywhere. The pool was L-shaped and had around 50 sunbeds around it. We sun-bathed on two days and had no trouble in getting two adjacent loungers at about 1130 am (although it was early season). We also ate lunch from the pool bar a few times. They had a nice menu and the food was tasty and reasonably priced (approx. 20 Euros for two large diet cokes and two garlic chilli prawn dishes with french stick).

On our last day we left our luggage in their room (for a few Euro charge) and the very friendly lady in reception said that when we wanted to leave we could use towels from the reception and get showered and changed in their changing rooms. Thay also had a gym and a spa but we never got round to checking those out.

The hotel seemed to cater for a range of age groups. We are in our early 20s and there were several people our age there, but we also saw young families and lots of people our grandparents age. The bar was quite quiet and seemed like it would suit older people a bit more.

San Antonio Bay was a bit of a let down as it was quite tacky, although we walked into San Antonio every day along the promenade. We found that one of the best sunset bars was SunSeaBar about 5 minutes further around the coast from Cafe Mambo. We ate there most nights for the sunset (around 9pm) then came back via all the other bars! Our favourite bars were Cafe Mambo, M bar (has a Nandos), Beach Cafe bar (also good food) and Bull Bar behind M bar which has a rodeo bull and pool tables and buy-one-get-one-free drinks. There was a really nice cove beach which you can access off the promenade just to the northeast of the harbour. The water there looked amazing for snorkelling but unfortunately we ran out of time.

While we were there we also went scuba diving with the Arenal Diving school who are based on the promenade. It was 60 Euros each and we got all the basic tuition, speed boat trip and equipment for that and were under for about 35 mins. It was a once in a lifetime trip and the instructor also took underwater photos with a very good camera which you could buy for 30E per person (he says that this is for 30 photos but gave us 95).

The holiday itself was very very good and we would definitely recommend going to San Antonio and Bellamar again!

by NottinghamNottingham