Yiannis Hotel

Good

Service: 8.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Yiannis Hotel

what a dump

"Booked with Thomas Cook for 2 double rooms and a family room. Family room was rotton and no cot was there upon arrival, upon delivering a cot they tried to charge us (again for it). Room dirty and smelly, manager did not want to know and was more interested in playing solitare than helping, thomas cook rep was a incompitant as they come. Staff in hotel helpfull. Stay in this hotel but make sure you get the front rooms overlooking the sea otherwise wake up looking at a wall or garage. Nidri is better than this so dont spoli a great holiday by staying in a stable."

by baysports

φανταστικόσ! Fantastic!

"Thank you so much to Kyriakos and everyone at the Yannis! The brochure doesn't do it justice!

Our room was lovely and new with a clean kitchen and proper English style bathroom. The room was tidied every day and we could always ask if we needed any help. I'd recommend taking a mosquito plug-in during the summer, you can't see them but you notice in the morning if you sit outside during the evening.

The pool was the perfect refreshment in the Mediterranean sunshine. We sat at the pool bar for lunch almost every day listening to the waves 2 steps away at the harbours edge and watching the world go by; it was so peaceful! We often sat on our balcony and made friends with our neighbours early evening enjoying a few pre-dinner drinks with the beautiful sunset.

Everyone was so friendly, we booked through Thomas Cook and our Rep was great, we went to the Yannis BBQ and had a brilliant time with barman/lifeguard/general handyman/ Mr. Dominic Suave(!).

Everything you need is in walking distance supermarkets, restaurants, bars, phone cards, pharmacy, money exchange, bank, post office on the one long street- and then all that backs onto the harbour.

We took a trip to a nightclub at the furthest end of the street which was fantastic it backed onto the beach!

Definitely recommend a boat trip, take loads of sun cream and drinks for the midday sun. We went on a smaller, less crowded trip through Thomas Cook and saw Dolphins - which was one of the highlights of our stay!

Thanks again we hope to come back next year :-D

by fidgetheobald

second time at the yannis

"We returned to the Yannis for the second time. As with the previous year we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.We only booked for one weeks holiday but wanted a few more extra days. Voula the Hotel Manageress was extremely helpful and made all the arrangments to enable us to do this. We found all the staff extremely helpful and friendly and are planning to return again next year.

The situation of the Yannis is great, right on the water front and within walking distance to all other bars and restaurants.

Nidri as a resort came up to all our expectations.

by A TripAdvisor Member

Just get yourself to the Yannis

"Just got back from Lefkas, stayed at the Yannis apartments and had a fantastic two weeks on the island and as for the accomodation.....well, what can I say? The cleaner kept the rooms immaculate, the owners are very friendly and welcoming and the bar staff are always ready with a smile and they really cannot do enough for you. Excellent location near to all the beautiful restaurants and lovely views from the front rooms over the bay and the pool. Pool area kept very clean, good environment for a chilled out holiday. Would definitely go back - read the impressions book and you will see how much people think of it!

Just get yourself to the Yannis!

I want to go back

"Just got back on the 9th of july 2006. There are so many good things to say about this hotel i do not think i can fit it all in!

Me an my girlfriend stayed in the hotel part with a fridge in the room an a simple bathroom. The hotel room was made up and cleaned everyday of the week we were there. The balcony gave fantastic views of the habour which stretches the whole length of nidri with the pool bar underneath us. The location of the hotel is fantastic on the main stip in nidri with the front on the habour an the back on the main street. The staff at the Yannis are brilliant especially Kyriakos( also known as the sexy Dominic) the barman who made are time in the yannis hotel fantastic he is one of the friendliest men you could wish to meet and so funny and made our holiday all the more enjoyable. With the hotel being run by a greek family it gives the hotel a very nice relaxed feel, you begin to feel like part of the family. I recomend going to the bbq on the last night at the yannis as it is so much fun. You have a quiz an the a souvlaki bbq with greek salad followed by some fun games led by who else but Kyriakos..... i mean dominic!!!!! Really would recomend everyone to go there if looking to go to nidri as it gives an absolutel fantastic all round holiday. Just wish i was there now!!!!!

Lovely place.

"We have just returned from staying at this Hotel and I can not complement it enough. I have stayed at many different types of accommodation in Greece and this is far from basic (Air-Con, Fridge, Cooker etc). We stayed in the duplex apartment and it was very clean and freshly painted. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We did have reservations using this hotel from the comments made on previous reports, but we worried unnecessarily. The views overlooking the harbour are fantastic. The pool bar is very relaxing and the staff will look after your every need. They also hold a BBQ night once a week which is a lot of fun. We look forward to going back again in the near future."

Loved the Yannis Hotel

"Last year my partner, My 2½ yr old daughter and I went to the Yannis Hotel and loved it so much we have just got from there this year and loved even more. The Yannis is a family run hotel and we found them brilliant. Everyone who works ther is VERY freindly and will go out of their way to help you! Highly recommended to familys as there is plenty to do. Over looking the sea - Beautiful! A lovely pool at the hotel. Also it is close to shops and resturants but not too close to notice if you were to stay in for nice quiet nitght!! - ENJOY!"

Loved the Yiannis

"Have posted my comments on another page but would like to echo the possitive reports already posted about Yiannis. We have just returned and I just do not recognise the negative reports already posted. The Yiannis was kept scrupulously clean!! The pool was gorgeous and the staff were so helpful (particularly Monica who served at the bar in the mornings/early afternoon). The cleaner was excellent and our rooms were cleaned every day (apart from Monday). The resort is fairly busy but we were never bothered by noise, either from the bar (even though we overlooked it), or the road which is to the back of the apartments.

I'm sorry that the previous people had a terrible holiday in Greece, but all the apartments will be fairly basic. We love Greece, and the people, we've been to 7 islands so far and will keep going 'till we see more of them!!

Seriously though, Yiannis is somewhere that we would seriously consider going back to at some point............. possibly September this year!

by Rugby_is_best

Clean, friendly, terrif value for money and very welcoming hotel

"I have stayed at the Yannis Aparthotel every year for the last 7 years (sometimes twice a year in May and September) and have NEVER found the rooms dirty or the staff unhelpful. On the contrary the rooms, although basic as are most of hotel rooms in Greece, are cleaned 6 days a week with clean linen and towels every couple of days. I have just returned from a 2-week holiday there and the good standard has remained constant through each of my stays there. The cost of the holiday, per person, for the last 2 weeks of May was £360 self catering. The hotel also has a bed/breakfast basis which is about £30 more per person over the two weeks. The person who posted the last review of this Aparthotel, who went last July (2005), with her husband and two small children has given a very jaded view which is not shared or demonstrated by the many "returners" to this hotel. If anyone would like photos of the hotel, and its vicinity, they can contact me via TripAdvisor and I will be happy to supply them with some photos, via email."

by Perigialli

Yannis - Never Again!

"Stayed with my husband and two children for one week in July 2005. Dirty ground floor room overlooking another building. No way you could sit out on balcony. Cleanliness very poor in room also swimming pool. Booked with Thomas Cook and paid nearly £2,000 self catering for the privellege! Reception staff also unhelpful and unfriendly. Would not recommend the apartments, in fact it has put me of Greece altogether."

by A TripAdvisor Member

I have just arrived back from this...

"I have just arrived back from this hotel and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The cleanliness of hotel is alot to be desired. Bedding or towels were never changed throughout our stay, the air conditioning was broken at hotel, evening meals were served cold and there was entertainment via television but was in Greek. I hear you say, did you not speak to rep.

Well the rep gave me fan that was also broke, she never ate at the hotel and didn’t give anyone the time of day. She arrived at the departure meeting with a hangover and was totally unprofessional. Not just me felt like this, 90% of guests felt the same. One couple whom were there for 3 weeks tried unsuccessfully to give leaving guests a free weeks stay in return that they could go.

One thing I would say is the Christos go-kart place. 5 mins away has heard these reports all summer. It must tell people when the guests leave to go to other hotel for their dinner (Atlantis hotel, ran by a professional outfit, Thomsons). This was our honeymoon, what a start to a marriage!! , G Taylor, party member.

by J Reid (Party of 4)