Tonoz Beach

Good

Room: 8.5/10
Value: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Tonoz Beach

Brilliant Customer Service

"I haven't actually stayed at this hotel yet but i will be in September 2013. I am writing this to tell you of the brilliant customer service we have received from this hotel. We were told by our tour operator that the Tonez had cancelled our reservation. I put a reviews on Trip Advisor giving them one star because of this but have asked Trip Advisor now to remove review as i have since learned after emailing the Tonez that they did not cancel our reservation but out tour operator. They emailed me back with smiley face to let me know all ok. I then contacted my tour operator and told them what Tonezhad said and they said they would look into it and phone me back. When they phoned back low and behold our original reservation was ok. I asked them why they emailed us to say that Tonoz had cancelled our reservation as they had overbooked and they could not give me an explanation. The Majestic looks very nice but we wanted to be near the beach. We chose the Tonez for its location to the beach and its brilliant reviews and cannot wait to go now. If you are reading this reviews Tonez you know who we are. We will be arriving on the 15th September 2013"

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, booked with Cosmos
  • Advice: Great Location
by Helen D

Fantastic stay

"Just back from two week stay at Tonoz Beach Hotel. Our original hotel was no longer available so we had to book an alternative. We were a bit apprehensive as the Tonoz beach doesn't have balconies and therefor we thought no where to hang wet towels etc.

The Tonoz beach far exceeded our expectations, the room was modern, clean, quite big and had a large double bed. We had clean towels and bedding almost daily.

This is a small hotel with two pools, one tiny one for children, and the larger one isn't that big, but big enough. And you may leave your towels to dry around the pool area, or hang them out of the window.

I wouldn't use this hotel if I had children purely because theres no fun club/play area etc

although the beach is a hundred yards away. For couples like us without children this hotel was bliss, very relaxing.

Breakfast is provided by the restaurant attached to the hotel, and provides a large variety, continental style.

All hotel guests recieve 15% discount on evening meals, again a large variety of tasty meals at great value.

What makes this hotel is the great staff at the restaurant and bar, they really can't do enough for you.

As said before this is the closest hotel to the beach, and Olu Deniz resort is the prettiest place I have ever been to.

We will definately return next year to the |Tonoz beach hotel.

by AnacondaSwansea

Amazing location and a great value hotel

"We have just returned from a week in Olu Deniz, staying at Tonoz Beach Hotel. After booking last minute and feeling slightly apprehensive about staying in a 2* hotel, we arrived and were over joyed with what we found, clean fresh rooms friendly staff and lovely pool area, with the beach litterally a 2 minute stroll away. What more could you wish for on a holiday.

The hotel was lovely, the rooms cleaned everyday, as well as fresh towels each day. Air conditioning is £25 for a week, but is definately an essential as it is so hot outside! we stayed B&B, and breakfast was what is expected of a continental breakfast, fresh bread with jams, olives, cheese meats, cereal and eggs, which was nice and fresh to start the day.

The resort itself is beautiful, the beach being at the bottom of the road from the hotel which is shingle but still with clear, blue sea. A wide variety of bar and restaurants suround the beach area, and up the main strip which the hotel is on.

I would strongly recommend the Sea Horse Restaurant for great food, and the Buzz Bar for drinks, but our favourite place is The Tequila Bar, great food, friendly staff and is ideal for a brilliant night out, will definately miss everyone there!

The hotel is ideal for young couples, good for families with older children, because of the restaurant below and being so close the the restaurants and bars it can be quite noisey, however the noise does stop at around 1 and so was no problem for us.

by Coop11_2

Fantastic place with fantastic food at the Chill Out Bar and Restaurant

"We stayed at the Tonoz Beach Hotel from 23rd to 30th June. We had a fantastic stay from the moment we arrived. We arrived in the early hours after a flight delay and had no problem booking in. Our room was plenty big enough as we were given a family size room for the duration of our stay. Our bedlinen was changed on our second day and our towels twice during the week. The hotel itself is very central to everything including the beach and numerous shops bars and restaurants and it was lovely not to have to drive anywhere! Attached to the restaurant is the Chill Out Bar and Restaurant and I have to say it was CJ and his staff that made our stay enjoyable. Huge thanks to CJ, Memmet (excuse spelling), Massood, Tornad, Frank, Chops and little Ozzy who kept us entertained throughout the week and treated us like royalty!! We had missed breakfast the first morning as we overslept but they laid a table especially and served us anyway. Tornad makes the best cocktails and plied us with several free shots at the bar! To give you an idea, a large Efes (pint) of lager was 5 lira which is about the equivelant of appx £2.00. The local vodka tastes the same as ours and is cheap. If you want to drink smirnoff it will cost you more. The week we went the drinks in the pool area were three for the price of two and staff will bring drinks food snacks etc. over to you. The Hotel has a small pool which was adequate for our needs given the distance to the beach. The food in the Chill Out Restaurant was well worth the money and they never forgot to apply our 15% discount as hotel guests. Breakfast was contintental style with plenty of cold meat, cheese scrambled or boiled eggs, toast and jam, fruit juice, tea or coffee and included in the price but if that is not to your taste you could order a huge full english for 10 lira which is about £4.00.

There is so much to do in the area. We booked a boat trip just around the corner from a guy called Tom Jones! it was only 25 lira each and included a lovely hot lunch cooked on the boat. There was a bar on board and we had great fun as it was a full day out leaving at 10.30 and returning at 6pm. The boat moored at several pretty little places so that you could get off and explore or just swim.

You can also do paragliding and a host of other activities are all on your doorstep.

There is a beautiful Italian restaurant on Olu Deniz beachfront called the Bella Gusto. We had the best fillet steak we have ever eaten here and you get top quality food and service for a very good price.

A trip to the blue lagoon is well worth it and only 3.50 lira per person to enter. The side with the orange umberellas has shingle (which gets hot so wear beach shoes or flip flops) but if you look for the blue umberellas it is soft sand under foot. The water is beautiful and clear and we loved swimming here. It is safe for children as there is no tide or sudden drops.

A moonlight stroll along the promenade is lovely and a trip to buzz beach bar to totally chillax is a must. We enjoyed the beanbags on the beach with relaxing background music and drinks brought to us.

Just one thing to be aware of, we were sold a trip to a restaurant called the Kings Garden in Fethiaye by a guy called Falcon on the beach. It sounded wonderful and he gave us a glossy leaflet but the restaurant and food was pants. When we got on the mini bus we were surrounded by all the other brits he had lured to his restaurant and had taken 10 lira from each couple for our entrance to the lycian tombs. The tombs were closed after 7.30 pm(we arrived just after) and were free to enter anyway so dont be fooled if approached. The meal he promised cooked in a stone oven was a tasteless stew and no drinks were included; but hey, we know for next time lol!!!!

You have a wide variety of fabulous restaurants in Olu Deniz itself eg, Turkish, Italian, Indian, Chinese and of course the good old kebab (which are sooooo much nicer and nothing like the after pub kebabs we get here)!!. If you are wary about trying new foods abroad, there is plenty of english food on the menu. Bottled water is very cheap and is preferred even by the locals due to the sulpher content in their water.

There is a host of shop selling very very good bargains and souvenirs to take home and shopkeepers will haggle if you are bold enough. My partner mangaged to knock a good bit off in the shops with his haggling skills and the turkish are keen to make a sale.

The bottom line is we thought the Tonoz Beach Hotel was fantastic value for money and we really enjoyed our stay and could not fault any of it.

by the-angel-online

Fab Food, Friendly staff, a stone's throw from the beach...perfect!

"We book booked a last minute trip to Turkey to celebrate my 30th and as neither my girlfriend or İ had been before and had a limited budget we didn't know what to expect of the resort or hotel. I can firmly say we were both VERY pleased wıth both.

Wıth regards to Oludeniz itself, it was exactly what were after, gorgeous weather, fantastic scenery and lots to do for couples and families. The beach was lovely but it is stoney..our best purchases were our aqua shoes on day two which our toes definitely thanked us for.

The hotel itself is 50 metres from the beach, opening on to the main street which is buzzing with shops and places to eat.

From the moment we arrived (at 5am!) the staff were friendly and extremely helpful. During our stay the service we received from the reception, bar and waiting staff was fantastic - nothing was too much trouble and several were very entertainıng!

Our room was small but clean and air conditioned (additional cost) and perfectly fine although ıf you are used to 5* hotels you might fınd ıt a bit basic . We are not used to 5* hotels so our only problem was the sloped roof as we both thwacked our heads a few times but İ assume not all the rooms had this problem and for the price we paid we were just happy it had a roof at all!

The Chill Out bar is definitely worth a visit whether you are actually staying in the hotel or not. We always like to try a different place every night but we ate here twice on account of the quality of the food. The prices of drinks and food were both very reasonable and the atmosphere was warm and relaxed.

Despite us going out most evenings and all day (as İ said we like to try lots of different places!) the staff made the effort to learn our names and never put pressure on us to stay in the bar.

This is my first review on here and İ am pleased to have been able to leave such a positive one. For a last minute deal we were expecting the worst but our expectations were far exceeded on all accounts.

by philmckeith79

Great Location, Great Hotel

"Just come back from a week stay at the Tonoz Beach. Our room was clean and there was enough space for the two of us. The maid did a good job of cleaning our rooms- she was there everyday. Reception staff were very helpful and made our stay a pleasent one. It would be well worth investing in the air con, in our room it was never switched off! Very modern furnishings in the room also. I reccommend trying the 'help' resturant located on the beach front... Lovely food at great prices.

Olu Deniz itself is a fantastic place with loads of resturants and things to do. We went paragliding which was one of the most amazing things ive ever done- well worth it.

I would love to go back there and wouldnt complain if i was to go back to the Tonoz Beach. Had a fantastic time!!

by kerryaa

Tonoz - Stands for Great Value! Great Location! Great Vibe!

"I first visited OluDeniz 23 years ago when it was made up of three main hotels, a motel and campsites and of course the Buzz Bar. Since then it has developed but not overly so, with a pedestrian strip full of bars shops and restaurants. The Tonoz is at the beach end of the strip, just 50 large strides and you're there. There is also an "AZDA" supermarket in the basement which is handy. The pool is quite small but given the hotel is so close to the beach, you'll probably find you don't use it much anyway.

You access the hotel through the Chill Out restaurant/bar and into the "secret garden", the reception and hotel is above. The rooms are basic but clean with tv, telephone and air conditioning. My room was at the back and due to the location could be noisy at night although the noise stop around 0200hrs so it tended not to be a problem for me. If you're an early bedder I would advise you take ear plugs.

The breakfast was all you could eat with a selection of cheeses, cold meats. olives, tomatoes and eggs (boiled, scrambled or fried) with bread, cereal, fruit juice, coffee and tea. I found the selection enough but if you wanted a full fry up,"English" that's 10TL (about £4.20). There was a arrangement with the Chill Out restaurant that residents get either a 15% discount on their dinner bill or half price drinks with their dinner. If you choose to eat there, the food is excellent and good value.

I found the staff to be very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. When I stayed, there were a number of Turkish families in the hotel along with Brits and Russians which made for a good friendly mix.

All in all a really good holiday.

by DannyMcLEK

Great Location-Not much Else!!

"Got back from staying at the Tonoz for a week on sunday.

We arrived early hours of Sunday morning and the guy on reception was so unhelpful it was unbelieveable, he didn't even tell us our room number once we had showed him our passports etc-did he expect us to be mind readers?!! Then we took our cases up stairs after already lugging them up the stairs to get to reception and realised he hadn't even bothered to give us our key so had to go back down to get it from him-so not a good start.

We were a bit shocked at how small the room was, its the smallest room I've ever stayed in and as we booked on a B+B basis obviously we didn't have a fridge to keep drinks in and no balcony to hang our beach towels to dry, on the plus side, the bathroom was really good with a decent shower.

If you book on a B+B basis don't expect much of a breakfast-its continental which was fine, bread, cheeses, meats, cereal etc, don't use the tea from the machine it tastes like coffee+tea mixed together, so we ended up taking our own teabags down with us in the mornings. The bread is fresh every day and is to die for!!

Our room didn't get cleaned untill towards the end of the week which was annoying as I put out one rubbish bag for the cleaners to collect as the bin in the bathroom was tiny and had to nick some toilet rolls to keep us going so wasn't impressed with that.

Reception staff were useless, especially the guy when we first arrived which I mentioned earlier-we asked him if we could have some sandwiches made as we were going on a trip and had to leave at 8.10 am breakfast started at 8.00 am but he made out that he didn't understand us so I told him not to bother we managed to sqeeze a bit of breakfast in-he was just not interested at all-that's what pissed us off. The young girl was a bit more helpful, but again we were let down as we asked about keeping our room on seeing as we weren't getting picked up till 10.30 pm she said it would be possible but to ask the day before leaving or on our last day, we asked a couple of days before we had to leave but said to ask on our last morning which we did and was told its not possible as they were fully booked well surely they should have known this when we originally asked at the begining of the holiday again this really pissed us off.

We eat in the Chill Out Restaurant underneath twice, the food was nice, if you are staying at the Tonoz you get a discount-both times we had to get them to amend our bill as they hadn't given us the discount even though we had got to know the staff by then so they knew we were staying there.

Overall, I would say the best thing about the hotel was the location and it certainly felt like a 2 star. I looked at the one review on this hotel before booking which was a good review, but I think my review is a fair review-there were good and bad bits!!

by poledancerwanabee

Great value for money

"Excellent location; right next to beach and in the middle of the resort. Noise stopped promptly at about 1am. For the amount we paid we were very satisfied. The food was good from the restaurant but the breakfast was quite poor. The rooms were very basic, comfortable and clean, but when staying in such a beautiful place you don't spend much time in it anyway. If you want your room cleaned regularly, make sure you're out for breakfast."

by SusBaloo

Turkish Delight

"Hi readers! Just got back from a late booking holiday from Olu Deniz in Turkey, it's our first time in Turkey and rest assured it won't be the last! Thinking that through Travel Republic in a 3 star Bed and breakfast might be a bit risky in a hotel charging only £41 a week , we were a bit aprehensive. . . .But what a place! Nice spacious room with a double bed, clean bathroom,satellite telly, aircon and safe(chargable), and on the main pedestrianised road through the town. . .what more could you want? I know! where's the beach? 100yds at the bottom of the street! The place is so cheap to eat and drink, no wonder Spain and the Canaries are losing customers! Nightlife is a bit low profile, consisting of a few karaoke/disco bars, we fond great entertainment in a place called "Shadows" a good mix of Karaoke and dance shows and an MC that takes the Micky out of anybody daft enough to go out in dodgy flip flops! The resort is famous for Parachuting from the top of the mountain, and not expensive, we only paid £50 each, but we understand the prices fluctuate seasonally. All in all a genuinally friendly resort!"

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
by glovfler

Fabulous Tonoz Beach

"Just returned from 10 nights stay at the Tonoz Beach hotel.

Rooms very clean and new and staff all very friendly.

You walk through the Chill Out Bar and restaurant to get to your room and the staff always have a friendly word to say to you.

For value for money and location you can't beat this hotel.

by ScubaDenise

Amazing Place

"I've been to oludeniz many times before but this was my first ever time to stay in Tonoz Beach. I absolutely loved it. The rooms looked like they had been newly renovated and the cleaners always cleaned it well although the beds werent changed at all in the week we were there but oh well. The Hotel Staff are friendly and always say hi as you walk through the lobby. Attached onto the Hotel is a Bar/Resaurant called Chil Out Bar, I highly recommend eating thee and you get money of as it part of the hotel. Theres no really one bad thing to say about Tonoz Beach! I would definatley stay ther again."

by Amy056

Read more reviews of Tonoz Beach at TripAdvisor

Map for Tonoz Beach Closest airport: Dalaman (DLM) 21.7 miles

Top traveller tips for Tonoz Beach
  • by glovfler

" Parascending is a must, boat trips to allover, best bar? Shadows! We were there every night ! "