Serena Suites

Room: 6.5/10
Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 6.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Serena Suites

Holiday in Hell

"I booked this holiday on the 21st of July 2009, online through greatlatedeals.co.uk apartment for two adults and two children (ages 13 and 7). We left UK at 8.50pm, and arrived at the Dalaman airport (local time 2.25am) and arrived at the Serena Suites Hotel, Turunc, Marmaris, at 6.00am, 23rd of July 2009.

When we entered the apartment we felt the apartment was very hot, as I booked an AC room, I asked the guy who showed us the apartment to turn on the AC.

He was unable to do it, he tried as much as he could, and then he left and then I noticed that the back door was opened and could not shut. I tried to call the reception, since no one answered the phone, I went there myself. Then I met the guy who showed us the apartment and I told him about the back door and a reminder about the AC. As he was the only available person and could not speak English, he asked me to wait till someone comes.

After half an hour's time, another man came and he gave me a remote control for the AC which was £5 per day and promised to get the door fixed. I went back to the apartment and managed to switch on the AC with the remote and waited about half an hour till the room is cool and the AC was blowing warm air and did not cool, as it was a very hot day (over 40 degrees Celsius) and we could not survive inside the apartment. My wife and two little children and I were as exhausted as we were travelling all night and not getting any sleep; we just needed some rest.

I went back to the reception again and complained to the guy and he said to come after 9.30am so I could speak to the manager. I went back down after 9.30am and spoke to a lady who was the manageress and complained about problems in the apartment. She accepted the faults in the room and I asked why she accepted the booking if the apartment was with these faults. Then she said that she tried to cancel the booking with my travel agent, but the travel agent said it was not possible to cancel now which I later found not true. She said that she could not change me to another apartment as there was no availability but she promised to get the door fixed.

We could not leave our valuables in the apartment as the back door could not be shut. The appartments are very small and consist of bathroom,small bedroom and living room with a sink and a hot plate to cook. My daughter hit her head twice as she got out of the bed because the ceiling was very low. see the pictures. The swimming pool is a very small one and kids found it boaring. Theres 25 minutes walk to the small town centre and the beech. Hotel has a restaurant and very expensive to eat. Hotel manager doesnt know the word customer service.

We were so frustrated and could not believe how every one washing there hands off. I felt really sorry for my self and my family. I went online and managed to book another hotel from 24th onwards for the rest of the days. We were so tired the next day as we could not get any proper sleep without the AC. We got in to a taxi and went to another hotel.The taxi took £30 to marmaris town centre which is 26 km away.

I would not recomend this hotel as it's will ruine your holiday. Who ever wants to take a chance good luck to them.Find a hotel in marmaris as serina suites is in a remote village.

Dan from Watford

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
by dansen

Serena Suites - Worth it just for the view

"I stayed at these apartments with my girlfriend this Summer and would recommend them. They are situated in a small, friendly resort called Turunc. Marmaris is a 45 minute drive away but the two can hardly be compared - Turunc lacks the pushy, packed, hassling atmosphere prominent in Marmaris. The apartments are built on the side of a mountain and are accessed either by steps or by using a rail ski lift. Although it is only a 10 minute walk into the town the slight hill to the complex entrance can be a little taxing especially in the heat when you first arrive so if you have problems with regard to this it might be advisable to book somewhere else. Our apartment was right at the top and the view from the balcony was astounding - we sat out every night in the heat looking out over the harbor with a cold lager it really was amazing. The rooms were all clean and insect free and the air con was £3 per day and more than adequate as we woke up during the night on two occasions shivering! The only downside was that we thought the food in Turkey (including Marmaris and Icemeler) was expensive and so decided to cut our expenditure by making our own breakfast and lunch most days but there was little in the way of bowls, plates or cutlery supplied in these self catering apartments. This is probably to encourage you to eat in the restaurant which is admittedly great value for money with the best view in Turunc and a couple of bits and bobs 'on the house'. Nevertheless we had a great time and would recommend these apartments."

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
by Scousebil

Read more reviews of Serena Suites at TripAdvisor

Serena Suites photos (5 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Serena Suites
  • by Scousebil

" Haggle over EVERYTHING there is always room for maneuver e.g. moped hire, hotel bbq etc "

• by dansen

" Try to find a hotel or appartment closer to marmaris town center as serena is 26 km away. "