Ideal Pearl

hotel photo

Good

Room: 7.5/10
Food: 8/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Ideal Pearl

1 2 36 »
Excellent Hotel

"We just arrived back and I am trying to book again for next year but gutted as Thomas Cook are showing adult only hotel.

the hotel is spotless, rooms were cleaned, fresh bedding and towels every day. the hairdryer and free air conditioning was very helpful.

the hotel waiters and all staff are really friendly the barman after was fantastic really nice guy. we couldn't complain at the food good selection for everyone. the hotel is very close to the local shops, bars and restaurants would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Holiday details: Sep 2013, booked with Thomas Cook
by vscott

Excellent Hotel

"Would recommend this hotel,we just returned from a 2week all inclusive stay here in july. Food was great,there was always something different to eat every night. Drinks were average,but the bar man got to know your drink and it was ready before you got to the bar;)) Cleanliness was excellent ,maids were around every day.entertainment was the only downside,was pretty poor, but we ventured out most nights,and there's many pubs along the main street and along the beach front,,very lively, and prices are quite reasonable. If you expect to sunbathe at the pool side then be up for 6am in the morning,,but bare in mind you can use the grand ideal sunlongers at the beach,,and are free of charge,which no one told us about until our 3rd day.

will defo be going back next year,if not to this hotel ,then to one of the many on the beach front,as they are all lovely.

ps iclemer is lovely to but a bit quieter!

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Have a Turkish Bath in the Emre Beach Hotel..
by CRAZY D

fab holiday

"16 off us went 16th may-31st may 2011 and also met four other family members,hotel was spotless,some of the waiters where very friendly,did not think a great deal on the all inclusive range,as bar closed at 11pm,entertainment wasn't that much good at the hotel but i suppose thats because the season had not started yet,entertainment around marmaris was brilliant,a must do is the all inclusive boat trip,,excellent.had a brilliant time and would love to go back,currency rate changed each day some days you got more for your money,advise to take english money and swop when there.the markets,oh my god,hassled to death and before you can walk away they have what ever it is in a bag and follow you until you buy,they do love a good barter.best beach though is in icemeler"

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: the football bars are great,
by chunk

good holiday, good hotel

"I stayed at the Ideal pearl last july with my boyfirend. We stayed 2 weeks all inclusive on the whole food good always found something we really enjoyed especially kebab night which followed with turkish night. Bar service good waiters all very friendly some people complained that staff were rude to them but to be honest these people themselves were rude! We had no problem getting drinks anytime of the day.

Hotel was very clean, rooms clean and maids all worked very hard, poolside also very clean. Have to mention the hotel shop which was resonably priced and very handy. The hotel also had a spa and gym but we did not use these during stay.

One complaint would be the poolside is not the biggest therfor limited number of sunbeds, pool its self is lovely but be down early to get a sunbed. Daily entertainment including darts, ping pong and the very popular WaterPolo!!! Evening entertainment included quizzes, turkish night, bingo and shuttle bus to bar street.

The hotel is the other side of marmaris to bar street but hotel is on beach front which has lots of bars, resturants and clubs, hotel is only walk away to bars and nightlife but out of way from late night noise. the beach front is less crazy then bar street but as mentioned the hotel ran a shuttle bus to bar street so you wont miss out if you want to do some proper all night clubbing!!

There is a small selection of craft stalls running along side of hotel which had a range of jewellery, soveniers nice selection of things and good prices well worth a wander.

Loads to do in marmaris we booked our trips with Uri who had a shop just down from hotel we did jeep safari great fun (you will get wet), water park (one on hill better than beach front), market (iclemer best), Turkish Bath (do start of hols). We also took dolmas to icemler and marmaris harbour both lovely and worth a visit.

All though we were all inclusive we also wanted to enjoy eating out can recommend, Picasso very good food and very good service, Three Brothers again very good food and service also good entertainment including break dancers MJ impersonator etc, further down beach front Faro's also very good food and service, very friendly after being a few times got invited in to wedding reception of one of the staff Wedding cake and everything.

On the whole we both had a fabulous holiday and are returning to marmaris this august and really cant wait but this time going to try different hotel.

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: be down to pool early for sunbeds
by Ela J

thoroughly enjoyed my stay

"i thought the food was great, the staff were helpful at all times. i had repairs that needed doing and it was done in no time which i found quite impressive.The hotel has been mantained at a good standard and always clean. staff friendly too. I travelled with my 2 kids and they had a comfortable stay here and they have requested to go back again for a longer stay. am happy to return, cant fault the place in any way."

by Taiwan Traveller

Fabulous!

"We had a fantastic time at the Ideal Pearl. Food was excellent, lots of choice and served every 2/3 hours. Pizza hour is best! All local drinks are included, you could come to Marmaris and spend very little as he food and drinks at the hotel are so good. Waiters were attentive and very polite. Rooms were large and clean. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in abroad. Excellent value for money! I will definitely return to the ideal pearl."

by Lloyd

The staff are amazing.

"After arriving at the hotel at seven in the morning it was needless to say we were completely shattered! When we arrived a young man came out to take our luggage for us and once we were checked in took them up to our room for us which I was very impressed with. The breakfast is continental so there isn't as much choice in terms of the Great English Breakfast but there was cereal and some boiled eggs an toast and fruit which isn't too bad. The pool was very clean and it was difficult to get a lounger sometimes but if you get there early enough it's not too bad. The staff around the pool will be happy enough to get a lounger for you and help you with the umbrellas if needed. The food was lovely, it's the only time I've been on holiday and ate loads. I'm a vegetarian and sometimes it's only a few choices for me but I didn't have a problem here, the food was just great. The outdoor snack bar in the afternoon was equally as good. The staff in the restaurant are just lovely, they fill your glass up with water if they see your glass was empty - only if you wanted more of course. They also took your drinks order which saves you going up to the bar to get your drinks at dinner. Honestly could not fault the staff at this hotel they would do anything for you, they are just the loveliest and friendliest people you would meet and they work so hard! I know of the young men and women there who slept in the hotel as well as worked there and were on the go from about 7 in the morning until the bar closed at night. My only problem with Turkey is the shop keepers and trying to get you into their shops and other restaurant staff as well. If you go to the beach watch out as some bars on the sea front own a bit of the beach and to stay there they expect you to be buying something from their bar which they do bring to you I must say. All in all the hotel was lovely, the people in the hotel were amazing. Couldn't fault it. One person I admire in the hotel was the maid she came everyday I believe and made it spotless. It is a lovely hotel in a good location."

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by scottishholidaylover

not for younger couples

"me and boyfriend have just come back from are 1st visit to turkey (age18/20) as we are thinking of going back next year this hotel is bottom of are list. the hotel it self was clean and tidy and reception staff were nice, the food was not to are taste and tend to be the same things on all the time, the bar staff were rude and only interested in serving single girls and were very rude to them offering to show them a good time in there hotel room!!!! the Manager him self was to interested with his phone to deal with our complaints...the entertainment was crap and played the same cd for the whole week we were there which was very disapointing when you walked past the hotel next door. if ou are older this is a hotel YOu would stay at!!!!"

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by sarah

fantastic holiday

"i'd read reviews before i went most of which were good with only a few bad ones and i must say that if you have booked to go and have also read the bad reviews let me put your mind ay rest. the room was lovely and plenty big enough, the hotel was spotless, the staff were friendly and gave excellent service especially in the evenings asking us if we wanted more drinks before we'd finished the ones we'd got.entertainment was every other night. the pool area was great with a few activities during the day the pool its self was very clean and the staff were constantly collecting the plastic glasses and keeping the area clean. the food was fantastic, so much to choose from every day. would definatly go back!!!!!"

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: as my daughter said its been the best holiday ever, please go its great
by 4 guests

never again!!!!!!!!!!!!

"went to Ideal Peral in july,what a waste of money. from the min we got there the nightmare started! wont boar you with all my dramas but the food was rank,there were not enough beds for the size of the hotel,the rep done nuthing for me when i told her my bed was broken and my room had 4 lights that never worked,also as a29 year old i was not allowed a key to myself for my room,which i shared with my mum and dad. Staff were nice tho (hakan was a bit annoying)harry the spa manager was really nice too. But would never go back,dont do it!! Biha Principe here I come next year thats what you call 4star,amazing."

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: area is nice
by pammy

Best holiday ever !!!

"Just returned this morning from Ideal Pearl ( I was one of the family of 12 mentioned in the earlier review !!!)

Our room was quite small compared to the others in the group , so we asked to change and we did the next day . ALL the staff were friendly and very helpful despite what some other people may say.The food was wonderful every day . My son and I are fussy eaters but we always had plenty to eat . The snacks every afternoon were yummy , and we always looked forward to tea and home made cakes at 5pm. Rooms were cleaned every day and the hotel was very clean throughout. Entertainment could be improved but as a family of 12 we made our own .

Harry the massage man is an absolute scream and the Turkish bath was lovely.You could have drinks all day long and you could get a few at a time despite what other reviewers have said. The pool area was lovely . The first week there was still beds left at 9 am but the second week we did have to get up a bit earlier .The hotels location was perfect . We went to see The Talk of the Town show , this is an absolute must .

I read some bad reports about this hotel before we went but I think these people must have gone somewhere else because the Ideal Pearl is fantastic !!!

• Advice: Ideal Pearl is great for families
by 1 of the British 12

it was the ideal peral for us!

"Just got back from our second visit to turkey. we stayed in a dive called Sinem 6 years ago and was offered this hotel by our holiday sales person. much better place to stay.

we arrived too early on a sunday morning and after a delay at manhester to a welcoming reception and staff. check in was quick per group, we just got stuck behind a family of 12 who were being very british and tired but staff delt with this very well.

at first view our room was small, but for two young girls on holiday it was perfect once we saw in daylight and unpacked. good wardrobe space not many hangers(My only complaint) and not many drawers but enough room to put all bits away and a lovely dressing table with chair and large mirror.

the bathroom was a good size, just shower cubile to small for my liking but enough room to have a shower- ladies not alot of room to shave legs like at home but was able to manage during the week without any artery disasters! fresh towels- some needed updates abit ruff round the edge but always white and thats main thing! toilet clean and bin emptied each day, we took nappy sacks 920 p from local supermarket) this we felt was good for us as tissue paper isnt pretty to look at each time you use the loo.

air con good took a few minutes to circulate as key card needed to work electricity but was good - often woke up needing my blanket on but just the right temp.

Pool was a good size my only complaint would be the users bringing in lilos!, we can all see its a small pool but still at one time 10 lilos in pool, this just limits cooling spaces for others in pool. childrens pool big enough for 4 little ones in at a time and good space around for watchful parents to observe their children. it gets a little cramped with the beds so my advise is be up at 730 go down in ur pjs place your towel and rearrange the beds to suit and return to bed, we did this on many occasion, we were really relaxed at pool and enjoyed it!

drinks and food! i was worried about all inclusive meals from peoples horror stories, my only horror was one day they served liver, but as us brits like bacon, they like liver, its culture and after all its part of reason we go on hol, if ur looking for baccon buttys and proper sausages then blackpool is for you my friends! i would not expect to go to a muslim country and be served up a fry up with bacon. as mentioned in some reviews there are local bars that do a breakies for £2 so you can go there but i cant beleive people question ideal pearls service just because there is no bacon, breakfast was like ronseal does exatly what it says on the tin. there was salad, bread, fruit, yoghurt, ceral, beans, jams, toast, egg (ok- only boiled but it was self service chefs prepared meats in front of you at night which was brilliant. we only attended breakast 2 days as we decided a lie in was better for us party goers.and surficed with hob nobs in bed and wait for lunch. lunch and main meals at night were brilliant in my mind. cash had been changed ready for eating out in ase even for a change but we felt food was that good we ouldnt bother and stayed in each night. our favourite meal was the chicken doner meat on a traditional spit- this was really tatsy. not everything is to everyones taste but there was something eah night for these NOT FUSSY EATERS- i recommend if u struggle to be shown a choice of 6 main meals , salad, pasta, rice, potatoes, or freshly grilled meat AND a fish dish,soup and bread then self catering is for you so you can visit the many resturants around marmaris but for a fussy eater which i am i managed to eat more than i should drink more than i should and will have to have a few extra visits to gym now as of the pearl!.

bar service was good, waiters were nice enough chaps and funny at times, they work hard and they really do look after you. all harmless fun and plenty of banter regaurdless of where you come from. there were many nationalites at the pearl and no conflicts really only the odd towel joke.

overall we really enjoyed the pearl,m its classed as 4 star but its 4 star for turkey not british standard but, its clean, tidy, in 2000's decor, good food good service over all a good holiday. definatly go again!

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: fantatsic fun for all ages!
by lisa bee

1 2 36 »

Map for Ideal Pearl Closest airport: Rhodes Diagoras (RHO) 31.1 miles

Top traveller tips for Ideal Pearl
  • by mrtaximan

" Gulet boat tour. "

• by The2Plymouthians

" Karadeniz restuarant, Gullet Cruise, Dalyan Departure "

• by 1 of the British 12

" Ideal Pearl is great for families "