Dania Magec Resort

Service: 6.5/10
Food: 8/10
Cleanliness: 6.5/10

1 2 35 »
Change of name and company

"The Dania is now called Elegance Dania Park and has been taken over by an entirely different company. There is NO connection with the Magec which has also changed its name but I cannot remember what it is at present.

I am only interested in the Dania, since I never liked the former Magec.

I will probably book a holiday to the Elegance Dania Park for next winter in the hope that new management may have improved the place. Be aware, however, that the Elegance now charges 3 euros per day extra for the use of a fridge which was formerly free!

• Holiday details: Feb 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: ideally situated. Not for anyone under 50, mostly retired people.

Much improved

"I went this year for what I expected to be the last time. Found that the food situation has finally improved tremendously after the disastrous menus of the previous few years. Mainly new chefs who are much more adventurous with the dishes and seasoning and much, much better variety. There was also more evening entertainment in the form of dancing/line-dancing. So, instead of my last time, I fully hope to return again next winter! Apart from this things are still very much the same as before. Rooms need updating badly, although I did notice that bedding and towels were of a much better quality than last year. Room cleaning is still as exellent as usual, full marks to the maids who, I think, are overworked, yet always have a smile for us guests. Swimming pools and plenty sunbeds as per ususal.

Anyone who needs a reasonably priced hotel with quite edible food in an ideal location to get around, should now give it a try. Just don't believe the original 4 star rating, once upon a time, yes, but not now. I would however rate it now somewhere close to a 3 star.

• Holiday details: Feb 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Lots of local eateries and bars to try out within easy walking distance.

still no improvement

"I was hoping against hope that things would be improved this year. No such luck. The hotel is getting shabbier every time I visit and the dinners are now unspeakably bad, not surprising since the chef told me he had no time to taste/test the food!

In its favour however are the cleanliness of the rooms, the friendliness of the staff and its situation, especially during carnival time.

Frankly at present the best thing would be to go on a bed and breakfast basis, that way it is a good deal.

• Holiday details: Feb 2012, booked with Airtours
by abrante

We will go to this hotel again

"We stayed in the Magec Hotel part of Dania/Magec complex. This aged hotel is comfortable and clean. They provide clean towels daily and clean sheets three times a week and the rooms are cleaned daily with plenty of hot water at any time of day. We had a lovely balcony with the sun from 1:00 onwards.

We had the choice of two restaurants and we would eat our evening meal at the Dania. The vegetables are never cooked the same as at home but at least there was vegetables to choose from and their pork chops were beautiful. We never had to go buy food outside of the hotel, we always found something we liked although others did complain. We thought Magec good value for money.

• Holiday details: Feb 2012
  • Good For: , City Breaks
by Di G

Very well

"I was at Dania Magec Hotel during a few weeks last year and the experience was great beacuse me and my boyfriend had a great time at the pool, at the beach and at the all lovely places inside the hotel and in Puerto de la Cruz. The rooms are comfortable, the food is great and the service was perfect. I will come back to Puerto de la Cruz next summer and without a doubt I will choose again Dania Magec Hotel-"

by JuliethMe24

Good place to stay in Puerto de la Cuz

"Last month I was at Dania Magec Hotel in Puerto de la Cruz during a few days with my husband, we choose the hotel even when before we read some reviews against the hotel....but now I think that it was a good choice, Dania Magec Hotel is a good place to stay in Puerto de la Cruz because its location, because of the service, because of the food and because it's a comfortable hotel with great rooms. I recommend this place for those who are looking for a good hotel in Puerto de la Cruz for a good price..."

• Holiday details: Jan 2012, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by SarahGray28

Good place to relax!

"I was at Dania Magec hotel on last january, I chose that place because I read a few good comments about it and I have to say that it was a good choice because the hotel is pretty nice, the rooms are comfortable and clean....the location of the hotel is perfect because is near of all interesting places in Puerto de la Cruz...the food was great and service was excellent...I recommend this place to anybody who is looking for a good place to stay in Puerto de la Cruz"

• Holiday details: Jan 2012, Room Only, Booked Independently
by ElaineB27

Good Choice, good hotel

"I was at Dania Hotel last year during my first time in Puerto de la Cruz, now I know that it was a good choice, because the hotel is near of any interesting place in Puerto de la Cruz, the service is good...the rooms, at least mine, are big and comfortable and the food was pretty good...I think that Dania Magec Hotel is a good choice for those who are looking for a good pplace for a good price..."

• Holiday details: Nov 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
by HannaTs

4 star?

"Years ago, yes. Now maybe between 2 and 3 star. I have been coming here for about 10 years and have noticed it deteriorating.

Trouble is it really needs proper management and a complete overhaul. Having said that, the rooms are always very clean. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful, but my being a long standing regular may well have something to do with that.

Food has become almost inedible during the last couple of years, greasy, cold and tasteless. Kitchen management not very good, last holiday they ran out of butter and for 2 days gave us margarine! 4 star?

Even so I intend going back once more, but without considerable improvements it will be the last time.

• Holiday details: Mar 2011, half board, booked with Airtours
  • Advice: eat out
by philip

Good choice!!

"I was at Dania Magec Hotel last year during a few days with my husband. The experience was great, the hotel is very nice and comfortable. The hotel is near of the beach and the most interesting places in Puerto de la Cruz. The service is just excellent, the food offer is good and finally, I think that is good and non expensive hotel. I recommend this place for anyone who is looking for a good stay in Puerto de la Cruz"

by Helen2011

Greatest Choice!

"I went with my husband I have to say that we loved it, it is a great place to spend time to relax it was an excellent week for us in wich we really can say that we rest enough and the hotel was helpful with our mission, the service was excellent ando the food was delicious. The pool is a romantic place were couples can spend time to get closer like we do.

I have only one thing to say: We wanna go back

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
by MarySunn

A Great Pleace to Stay

"I went for a vacaction and I want to go back, the room was okey and the service was excellent. I loved the pools that are placed in the roof because you can see the beach an the pool at the same time.

I loved the food specially on breakfast.

by Alejo

1 2 35 »

Map for Dania Magec Resort Closest airport: Tenerife Norte (TFN) 13.3 miles

Dania Magec Resort photos (4 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Dania Magec Resort
  • by clampking

" robin hood /lemon tree /trip to see dolphins and whales "

• by a fellow traveller

" nice place but hilly so no good for anyone with walking problem "

• by Jorkey

" Request a room on the upper floors, the view is magnificent "

• by Di Gray

" purchase a cheap parasol if you like sunbathing, there were never enough available on the sun roof. "

• by abrante

" ideally situated for buses, post office, shops, pubs and restaurants "