Palia Parque Don Jose Hotel-Club

Avda. Jose Antonio Tavio, s/n Las Galletas - Costa del Silencio, Tenerife 38600, Spain
hotel photo

Good

Room: 7.5/10
Service: 6.5/10
Cleanliness: 7.5/10
Location: 5.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Palia Parque Don Jose Hotel-Club

I had a week’s timeshare and a...

"I had a week’s timeshare and a week’s rental, to be honest the week in the timeshare would have been enough.

Apartment was cleaned frequently and the pool was superb. The second week started terribly. Although we specifically asked for a cot, there were none available and I had to dismantle a bed and rebuild it as a cot (ish). To be fair the lady who has the apartment rentals in the main strip spent most of the day phoning around to try and get one, which she succeeded in doing the next day. The guy that was helping her looked like he was spaced out most of the time and was extremely rude and threatening and shouldn’t be allowed to work with holidaymakers.

The second week’s apartment was never cleaned when we were there and there was a putrid smell in the bathroom which seemed to get worse as the week went on.

There were a few complaints about the disco being too loud, sometimes it went on till 2am and insisted on keeping the main doors open. Problem is it’s right in the middle of the complex.

The entertainment by the reps was very popular but it was mainly in French. (Oooh is that British snobbery!??)

Surrounding area is disgusting, very run down and some of the restaurants could do with a health inspector’s visit.

Dave’s Bar (owned by… Dave!) in the strip in front of the apartments was brilliant! Dave was very, very helpful to us and his ahem! "taxi" service is second to none, way safer than the wannabe formula 1 local taxi drivers.

We spent most of our time travelling back and forth to Las Americas as there is absolutely nothing to do in Del Silencio.

If you want a week of lazing about in the winter then this would be a good place to try, but best avoided as a two week summer break.

by G Ramsay

My husband and I have just returned...

"My husband and I have just returned from this resort and loved most of it! Even though we were self catering we thought we would try the hotel restaurant, bad idea.

First of all we had lunch, which I can safely say was horrid, everything is geared to French, German and Spanish food types!

We then tried breakfast which was just as bad, all geared to the aforementioned. However the apartment was amazing, the service in the complex was brilliant and the pool and pool area extremely clean, plenty of sun beds!

For drinks and some British food we would highly recommend Smileys bar which is on the strip on the front of the hotel, Barbara, Paul and Dean are so friendly and welcome and the food is out of this world!!

We spent most of our mornings and nights eating there even though we were self catering, was cheaper than buying the shopping at the supermarket and the portions were massive!!!!

Overall a great place to go, just a few too many French, German and Spanish, who were all arrogant and avoid the all inclusive holidays because of the food!!

by  A Thomas

Well where to start... Costa Del...

"Well where to start... Costa Del Silencio itself is a rundown dive, there is nothing to do!

Outside the front of the hotel is like a bombsite, we stayed for a week, and I’m glad it wasn’t two!

The hotel itself is gorgeous it’s like a hidden paradise when you walk through reception, the pool is fantastic, very clean and there is a lifeguard on watch for most of the day.

The rooms are basic, but clean and spacious and the balconies are huge.

They only have one bar open at a time which is the pool bar, 1 of the bar staff spoke English the other couldn’t speak a word. They were ignorant and would stand on the phone while the queues mounted. I’d say 98% of the people there were French and it definitely reflects in the food!

Breakfast was okay, bacon eggs etc, dinner was always some form of fish, and tea was rubbish we out 6 nights out of the seven.

The other holiday makers there were rude and ignorant. The animation team only ever talked to the French, we never got spoke to, all the entertainment and activities were in French.

Overall I don’t rate this place at all, I would never go back.

by T L  Pearce

This is the 2nd time we have been to...

"This is the 2nd time we have been to Costa del Silencio. The 1st time we were just visiting friends for a night out, (as we stayed in Los Cristianos). We had a good night out but we said we wouldn't like to stay there, it looked to boring.

This time we came with the same friends and wasn't really looking forward to it. When we got to our room we couldn't believe how big the apartment was, also it was very clean and tidy. There was everything we needed including a washing machine. So I had no dirty washing to bring back home.

The balcony was big too, in fact we had our Christmas dinner out there, and there were 13 of us altogether, so you can imagine our big it was. The whole complex was lovely and clean, and we were never short of a sun bed or 13 you know what I mean.

The pool is the biggest one I have ever seen. The other two are just as good. The staff were very helpful and polite. There was always a security guard on the door when we came back in the early hours of the morning, which made you feel safe. Not as if you needed it.

We didn’t stay in the hotel at night, we always went out to a different bar every night, I was very surprised how many bars there were. Our Place is a great bar to go to, it’s just 2 mins outside the hotel. Also the Foaming Quart is brill too if you like karaoke. There is lots of places to eat and cheap prices too. We have enjoyed this holiday that much we have decided to move out there in 2 years time when our daughter has finished school.

by  M Batchelor

My wife and I have just returned from...

"My wife and I have just returned from a week's stay in this hotel. I was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews but I should not have been.

The hotel was very good, the staff were polite and helpful. I never had to wait long to get a drink at the bar. Only one of the bar staff was a bit miserable - the rest were great and I tipped them for it at the end of the stay.

The room, an apartment with Bedroom, Bathroom, living area and Kitchenette, was cleaned each day and the TV broadcast Sky News and CNN, plus a host of foreign and sports stations.

The food in the restaurant was varied and there was plenty of it - a bottle of wine with each meal too.

There were French and Germans in the hotel but the language problem was no worse than having the Scots there too.

The area around the hotel was quiet. Car Hire two doors away was good and cheap. Petrol half UK prices too! Noise from aircraft was unobtrusive.

Only downer was that the pool was rather too chilly for me. 18 euros was the correct fare from the airport, inc luggage.

by W Seale

There was 11 of us went on a girls...

"There was 11 of us went on a girls holiday and to celebrate a 40th birthday. The reception lady was very polite and helpful. Our rooms were clean and all that we needed, the maid cleaned every day and replaced towels daily. The pool was clean and very nice.

The entertainment staff were very good and did all they could to help our holiday along, apart from karaoke night when we felt pushed out we only got to sing 3 songs and that was it. The bar staff were very unfriendly and moaned often about the amount of drinks we could have, as the bar is up a number of stairs we went in pairs to get all drinks.

The security staff moaned about noise and even followed us back to our room to make sure we went back with no noise we had a great holiday and would recommend to anyone who can make their own entertainment, hopefully we will go back next year.

by  Ap Pedley-thomson

After reading previous reviews I was...

"After reading previous reviews I was a bit unsure of what to expect. My advice would be to get booked into one of the many apartments that are privately owned. We sat around the beautiful pool every day where the sunbeds are plentiful. All apartments are a stones throw away from the pool if you want to nip back for your cuppa. The apartment itself was clean and well furnished with lovely gardens to admire while sat on the balcony.

If you venture 15 minutes walk in any direction from the complex you can find a multitude of bars, English, German, karaoke etc. The food was cheap and excellent and you could eat a different type every night. The local bus ran from close by every 30 mins and was a cheap way of getting to other resorts. The staff in the complex were always very friendly and if you want a relaxing holiday at your own pace I would recommend this complex.

by K Button

Not Bad! Friendly welcome at midnight...

"Not Bad!

Friendly welcome at midnight when we arrived. Pleased to find a spotless apartment with a very good size balcony. Breakfast was ok!

Good food in the restaurant all week, however inside the restaurant gets very hot and stuffy and a seating free-for-all happened a couple of times during the week.

The terrace outside the Restaurant is the best bet, if you can get a table. Apparently these tables can be reserved at reception. The pool is great. Clean and huge.

The entertainment (animacion) is dominated by a French flavour (as you'd expect in a mainly French resort). Daytime activities were available and to be fair to the animation team if you wanted to have a go at anything, they would do their best to help out (In English).

Evening entertainment was available and was hosted in Spanish, English and French (hearing everything three times over made it a bit tedious in places), it wasn't helped by the very limited seating available of an evening either. A few tables and chairs squeezed into the small space between the swimming pool and the stage. Big queues for the bar, drinks and snacks. Only one person serving most of the time.

All inclusive was a bit of a waste for us. After sitting through the entertainment for a couple of nights and queuing for ages to get a drink we elected to spend our remaining evenings out in the neighbouring bars paying for our drinks, but getting a great service. (Recommend smiley's bar, just next door)

Not much going on outside the hotel during the day (in fact there was nothing happening at all). It was a fifteen minute walk to the disappointingly small beach. (We only made the trip once.)

In Summary:

The hotel is great for the daytime, nice pool, helpful staff, lots of sun beds, busy daily activity programme. Evenings are a bit of a disappointment. We're not planning a return visit.

by I Gibson

A cheap no frills place - not much to...

"A cheap no frills place - not much to do outside of the hotel, especially for kids. The hotel was ok, but very little English spoken as it is a French hotel. As such, the food was French and a limited choice (ok if you like rabbit and fish!).

But the carafe of wine on the table for every meal helped! The evening entertainment was laughable, things like a music quiz (in French!) but the dance show was quite entertaining. The staff were very good and tried hard, buy not enough of them on the bar. Big queues for drinks and snacks.

The kids club was no good, as my son is 6 and doesn't speak any French. The rooms were basic, but clean and I liked the fact that we had a kitchen on all inclusive, so I could make cups of proper tea.

I wouldn't go back to the hotel or the resort, but at the same time, I didn't want to come home.

by  J Dickinson

Read the two previous reviews before...

"Read the two previous reviews before going and thought this could be better than expected considering the price we paid was rock bottom. And kept an eye on the taxi, 18 euros which seemed about right but as usual someone had paid 25 euros for one person so you do have to be careful.

Our rep told us this was the cheapest accommodation in Los Silencio cannot think why as standards were very good.

Staff could not be more helpful and very cheery; the hotel is fantastic with a great pool and plenty of free sun beds and loads of room. Nice gardens and surroundings. No beach as nearest in Galletas about 5 minutes on the bus for 1 euro.

Food was varied and plenty of it, choices from Duck, whole trout, steak you name it we had it, and some of the best soups I have had abroad. Hate to say it but maybe that is the French influence as I understand that it is predominately a French Hotel, but definitely would not complain.

As always entertainment hit and miss but isn't it always? But still fun.

Walked into local bars and shops, all friendly if you like your sport head for Mr Booze, sport not my thing but bar had a good atmosphere, had some meals out for something different, all good.

Easy transport into Los Cristianos and Playa las Americas, must be getting old because thought our much quieter resort was far nicer than all that hustle and bustle, plus no time share tricksters.

All in all a good holiday and would recommend it if you are not looking for five star treatment but want a quiet holiday with sunshine and no hassle.

by G Hall

After reading previous report, went...

"After reading previous report, went expecting the worst. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were spacious and clean. Maid service every day was very good. All Inclusive option was great value for money. Was really surprised at the food. There was plenty of it and they were on the ball with replacing it when it was empty. Selection was quite varied and we weren't bored by the end of the week. Just half a stone heavier!

Entertainment during day was very good. Evening entertainment was a bit hit and miss, but watch able.

Pools were lovely. Apart from the main pool was very cold as it is not heated.

Weather was quite cloudy, (not sun bathing weather) however, we drove 10 mins up coast the San Juan beach and it was clear blue skies and about 80 deg! We needed a jacket on at Costa del Silencio. Weather did get better by end of week.

Las Galletta was a lovely typical Spanish Town. The fish market is well worth a visit.

Watch out if getting a taxi. Taxi driver tried to charge us 80euros for the 10 min ride from the airport, when there was only 13euros on the meter! I did argue with him and he soon backed down.

A tip I was given if this happens is to threaten to write down the number on passenger door and report them.

All in all had a very enjoyable and relaxing holiday, there was no cooking or cleaning to do. Fantastic!!!!

by  A Blanche

Costa del Silencio was run down and...

"Costa del Silencio was run down and there wasn't much to do.

The bus service was very good and run regular into Los Cristianos and Las Americas.

It was a very nice complex with a large pool area and outdoor bar.

Apartments were nice and clean and plenty of room. The Reception staff were very nice and professional and give good advice.

The Entertainers through the day were very friendly and tried their hardest to make the most of the facilities.

Most of the bar staff had attitude's and were rude most of the time.

The night entertainment was very un-organised and needed more things going on.

The food selection for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner was very poor and families with children would find it very hard. (needs attention). The New Years eve meal and entertainment was poor too.

Overall the bad things over shadowed the good. It seemed that no one was Managing the complex.

by C Sandlan

Read more reviews of Palia Parque Don Jose Hotel-Club at TripAdvisor

Map for Palia Parque Don Jose Hotel-Club Closest airport: Tenerife South Reina Sofia (TFS) 5.5 miles