Apartments Casablanca

Good

Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Apartments Casablanca

1 2 »
Fantastic apartments

"Just back from two weeks at the Casablanca apartments. Our first impression was of how good the apartments were. Everything we needed. fridge, cooker, microwave, toaster, hairdryer. Also a large TV with plenty of British channels and no charge. The only negative that made my rating a 9 rather than a 10, was there's no air conditioning. I found it difficult to get to sleep at night. This is in September, so I dread to think how I'd fare in July or August.

Anyway apart from the air conditioning everything else was excellent. The reception staff ate the best I've encountered on my travels. They are genuinely friendly and very helpful. The meals in the Bar/restaurant are a good choice and reasonably priced.

I've read a lot of comments about the fact the apartments are at the top of steep steps. this is true, but not as bad as some suggest. There are plenty of benches on the stairway for older or less mobile people to stop for a breather and admire the view, there's also a little cafe/bar about halfway up where you can relax with a cold drink.

we went with Thomas Cook, the Rep was fine and gave us good information about the resort.

We went on three trips. The first one was the free trip to visit a bed factory. This was actually quite enjoyable. we had a lovely coach trip around the north west of the island, stopping for lunch, before arriving at the bed factory. The rep there was the Islands Tom Jones impersonator. The guy's originally from Portsmouth and a very pleasant guy he is. Didn't persuade me to by anything though!!

The second trip was on "Freebird one", a catamaran sailing. We didn't enjoy this very much. The catamaran, we felt, was overcrowded with mostly Germans. I don't know if this is only a personal opinion but I find them rude and unfriendly. The food was rubbish, so if you go on this take a packed lunch!!

Our final trip was to Loro Parque, this place is amazing. You must spend the whole day there to see everything.

All in all a great holiday, plenty of sunshine, although most days had some cloud, but I arrived home with a smashing tan.

I would go back here again, hopefully they'll improve by fitting air conditioning.

I'll mention the stairs again. Don't let them put you off, they're very manageable. There's also a pavement you can take to avoid the stairs, it's a more gradual incline and takes a little longer.

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, Self catering, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Great place for a relaxing holiday
by John & Sandra

Kathy and Anne

"Hi

Just got back from Casablanca Apartments Puerto De La Cruz. These apartments are beautifull, spotlessly clean. We stayed in a studio which was very spacious with a big bathroom, brilliant shower, storage,and a hairdryer, towels were plentiful soft and clean.

Beautifully decorated and everything you need.In the kitchen there was a breakfast bar with stools, fridge, toaster, microwave, sandwich toaster 4 rings on hob, oven pots pans corkscrew the list goes on. A safe is in your room which you pay for at reception. Maid service was excellent. I would say the only downside was there was no air conditioning that we could see but it was not needed as we went in February there was fans on the ceiling plenty of wardrobe space and drawers. These apartments are on a hill so be warned you need to be fit or you would have to taxi up and down which is about 3 euros each way there was a choice of taking steps down but believe me that was not an easy option and we are fit and able saying that this would not put me off staying here again. We were there for Carnival week and if you need any information about buses or where places are ask the receptionists they all were extremely helpful and a credit to the complex. It was my birthday while I was there and when I returned after a day out there was a bottle of champagne in my room I had not told anyone about my birthday so it was a very nice gesture. Loads of bars restaurants and entertainment down the hill it is impossible to visit all of them. A great Tapas bar was called La Papa very spanish food was delicous and reasonable this was just in a side street off the main square a good English bar with great staff was the Beehive you would pass this on your walk home. The beach Playa Jardin is a good 20 minute walk but a pleasent walk a smallish beach but lovely we went to the Martinez nearly every day which was lovely and clean loads of space it is 3 50 euros to enter but sunbeds are free and it is 1 50 euros for umberelo drinks a bit more expensive than outside. Altogether a brilliant holiday.

• Holiday details: Feb 2009, Self Catering, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Very cosmopolitan, clean, safe bustling area , suited more for familys and couples not a cheap area.
by 1kathy1

accommodation was fantastic the...

"accommodation was fantastic the pictures online are what you get when you go to you apartment. Appartment spotless maid service excellent, towel changes regularly and the beds changed numerous times during our 2 week stay. Cannot fault the place at all and was the best self-catering accomodation we have ever stayed in. Would defeniately recommend to all without question. Food served in the bar was excellent quality and value. If you want a relaxing break this is where you want to go!!!! all round excellent value!!!!!"

by  J Clarke

I went with my sister to the...

"I went with my sister to the Casablanca Apartments in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife.  We only booked our holiday two days before flying and got a really good deal with tripadvisor.com.We both just wanted a relaxing holiday after a manic term (we are both school teachers) and that is exactly what we got.I could not fault the actual apartments one little bit.  Everything needed was there to hand including a bottle of red wine upon arrival.  The apartment was very spacious and comfortable with a lovely large balcony overlooking the pool area.  Everything was spotlessly clean and the only slight improvements which could be made was to introduce some air conditioning.The actual complex was very well cared for, however it was slightly too large for us personally.  The pool area was great but unfortunately too small for the size of the complex.  We both felt that the bowling green was a big waste of space and would benefit from having the pool extended into that area.  However I do realise that this is probably very popular during the winter months.If you are looking for a resort for singles, then this definitely isn't the place for you.  The resort seemed to cater mainly for families - moslty English but there were plenty of other nationalities there too.  Also don't be taken in by the idea that it's the German's who always reserve their sunbeds by the pool with towels.  In our experience we found that large numbers of Irish visitors were sending their children down each morning to reserve the beds - yes you know who you are!!!Puerto de la Cruz was much bigger than we originally thought and I would like to point out an area that may be of interest to you foodies out there.  The street was called Cruz Verde - not far from the main Plaza.  We stumbled across this street on the first night and ended up eating there for 5 out of the 7 nights we were there.  Good range of restaurants and very authentic - much better than the tourist traps on the main street and Plazas.|eating out did cost about the same amount as you would expect to pay in the UK but wine was much cheaper as long as you stuck to the house wine.The weather on the first day was overcast and when I spoke to the lady on reception, she said it was often like this in July and August - great! I thought.  However we ended up getting really burnt that day so don't let the clouds fool you.  However after that day we always had blue skies and a beautiful breeze.All in all we got exactly what we asked for a holiday for sunbathing, reading books, drinking and eating - and definitely no bowling!!!"

by  K Poole

My partner and I have just returned...

"My partner and I have just returned from 2 weeks at the Casablanca apartments. We were on accomadation on arrival so didn't know where we were going and these apartments turned out to be a lovely surprise. We couldn't fault them, very clean, the staff were so pleasant and helpful and the food in the bar was good too. We had lovely weather and had a most enjoyable holiday, in fact we didn't want to come home."

by A A Lomas

We had a lovely week at the...

"We had a lovely week at the Casablanca Apartments in Puerto de la Cruz just at the right time for all of the Festivals. Fireworks almost every night and loads of events going on in the town.

The Apartments are all very well appointed and were obviously 5 star when they were built but that is some time ago now. They are situated up the hill from town above the Martianez Shopping Centre although unless you have a top floor apartment with windows overlooking the town you can't see much of a view from them.

Our apartment was on the first floor and overlooked the pool in the centre of the complex. You should be able to see that from one of the photographs. If you can imagine a triangle, then that is how the whole building is laid out with all of the rooms around the side and the pool in the middle. However for the size of the complex the pool is very small for the number of apartments in the complex. It doesn’t get too busy but the pool is quite small.

There is also a bowls green which is something I have not come across before. An intriguing addition to the complex!

The bar is not bad and the prices very competitive. A reasonable selection of bar type food is available and cheap. Ideal if you want to keep the kids happy with some quick food.

Our only issue was that as we were on the first floor we had a lot of noise from people returning to their rooms in the early hours of the morning. I suppose it depends how good a night you have had yourself!

Outside the apartments there is a steep hill down towards town and there are 119 steps to contend with. Not too bad going down but harder after a few drinks. A taxi from town is only 3.50 euros and takes 4 minutes. Well worth it sometimes.

All in all, a good base from which to explore the North of Tenerife which is very beautiful and has a lot to offer that is not so brash and touristy as Las Americas in the South.

by topcashbackds

It is a really nice place to stay...

"It is a really nice place to stay just a five minute walk from everything. Must see Loro Parque, its fantastic.

Apartments cleaned nearly every day. Good staff that help with anything. I would go again.

The only problem is there is a very steep hill to climb up to the apartments, but there are taxis all over. If they have a green light showing just stick your hand out and they will stop for you can go most places for 3E so it’s cheap enough.

by A Barton

Very nice apartments

"Just back from a week in the Casablanca apartments. We thought it was great. The apartment was very clean, with white marble floors and shiny surfaces. Loads of storage. We were lucky to get a long balcony with a sea view. No sun until sunset and all that marble could be a little chilly, so take slippers is my advice. Microwave, cooker and fridge means you can make cheap meals if you want to. We used the café once and had two drinks and two hot meals for 10 euros.

The Casablanca occupies an entire city block, though I think most of it is time share.

The front desk were very helpful and booked a bus tour for us. There was a free bottle of red wine on the table when we arrived. Computer access in the basement – 10 minutes for 1 euro.

Puerto is a lovely town for walking around. Lots of coast walks and pedestrian streets. Far more cloud than sun though. Favourite restaurant – Regulo. Cherne (local white fish) in Canary sauce and rabbit in spicy sauce were the favourite local dishes. The infamous stairs only take a few minutes. At the bottom is a large supermarket in the Martianez centre. We did all our shopping there as the local shops were very limited.

The local buses were very good value on the Bono card. It was only a couple of pounds each way for a trip across the island to Los Gigantes. A bus tour ( 27 euros) to the caldera at the top of the island was stunning. A desert landscape inside a 28 mile circumference crater where the top of the mountain blew off.

Problems? The bed was a bit hard and the sound-proofing could be better in the bedroom. TV very limited – only sport and news in English.

Where Los Gigantes was crowded with British tourists in skimpy vests, Puerto felt much more Spanish. Most tourists were middle aged Germans and there was very little noise or crowding at any time. The town has 40,000 indigenous Spaniards and that seems to make it cheaper and neater with more and better restaurants.

by AlMcDonald

Beginning to go downhill?

"We stayed from 16 to 30th March 2007, our second stay. In our opinion the Casablanca is beginning to go downhill. Generally we agree with the positive comments about the location, staff, facilities and cleanliness but the bar/food service was slow in the daytime and maintenance could not resolve a simple but fast leak from the bathroom sink. Something I could have done myself in 10 minutes. Initially we had room 7206 but moved to 11402 for the last two nights due to noise from some students billeted below us. No problem with 11402. The final straw was being woken around 3.30 in the morning. Even after complaining to the night porter the noise did not fully subside until 4.45 am. We also experienced serious noise from the footpath alongside the apartment. Reception did offer the move after we complained but we had to move ourselves which spoilt the day.

This time we also noticed that the apartments were beginning to show signs of wear and tear.

Did we otherwise enjoy the holiday - very much yes. Would we go back - we would love to but only if we knew we were not going to get woken in the early hours of the morning.

by FredC

Great Family Apartments

"We have stayed here on several occassions. We always book direct with the apts and specifiy that we want a room poolside - to ensure sun on the balcony. We also were upgraded for free last time and so had our own private BBQ which was great!

Yes the pool is on the small side for the size of the complex but the lidos are just down the road so it wasn;t really an issue. We never tend to eat in the bar area but rather make our own or eat out in town - lots of entertainment available and everything in walking distance. The bar is handy though for lunch time snacks for kids - pizza/chips/toasties etc

Always found the rooms to be spacious and clean. The maids come round every other day. You can hire fans from the reception. The girls on reception are extremely helpful. There is a laundry room so you don't have to take all your dirty washng home with you - which was a plus.

All in all I would recommend the Casablanca to families.

by Justine1974

'The Best@

"We have just spent two wonderful weeks in The Casablanca. It exceeded our expectations in everyway, that we couldn't have stayed anywhere better. Our one bedroom apartment was extremely well appointed, well maintained, and thoroughly clean. And Puerto has so much to offer. Each day we loved our walks along the seafront taking in the panoramic views, and the clean black sand. The Promenade has a gentle, lively atmosphere. And for those who have felt the Casablanca pool too small! Then Lake Martianez with it's various pools, restaurants, and gardens. Is large enough to enjoy a perfect day. In Puerto the restaurants are plentiful, all offering a delicious cuisine. So we were thankful of the steps returning to The Casablanca, an opportunity to burn some of those calories! And ceraintly not as bad as we had been expecting, from previous reviews. By the end of the day we were often too tired for evening entertainment, and liked to enjoy the comforts of our apartment. But, we did go out one evening,and found there is always plenty going on.

We are 62 and 68; and have been very well looked after. Reception staff very acommodating. and will do their best to make your stay a pleasant and comfortable one. Lastly, I would recommend, Loro Parque, It's fantastic. But you need a full day to enjoy it.

Thank you to everyone at The Casablanca. Looking forward to a return trip later in the year. Only this time for longer!

Angela & David

by Crissy50

Does just fine

"We just used this as an apartment to sleep in and spend a little time when the weather was off (16 hour thunderstorm one night!). As such it wasn't our destination in the way some travellers might use their holiday hotel/apartment.

Does what's needed. Big apartment, very clean and well equipped. The bar and cafe are hideously overlit so didn't appeal but found a nice cafe nearby (La Alpisipa) to hang out in. Pool and terrace small for no. of rooms but with the Lido so near who cares?

Parking tricky unless you fancy buying a place under the hotel.

Well situated between La Paz and central Puerto but steps help you build up bunchy calves!

by SnrTejon