Capital Coast Resort & Spa

Stayed at Capital Coast Resort & Spa?

Share your opinion.

Good

Food: 7.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Capital Coast Resort & Spa

« 1 2 3 4 »
unwelcoming

"We stayed at Capital Coast resort for a week after "winning" the accomodation stay in a competetion. The complex has been open only since Augst 2008. We arrives late on the saturday. No shops open. Nothing at all in the apartment in the way of any drinks( in other places there has been some essentials like tea ,coffee etc)

The complex is souless. No character. very clean but empty.

No information on the apartmentat all. No instructions for their white goods. The TV is set to turn itself on every time you re-enter.

The washing maching and dish washer will only work if you are in the apartment.Who wants to stay in while the sun is shining!

The apartment had two bathrooms. Both with broken toilet seats. Not good when it had only been open since August.

Would we stay again? No chance.

• Holiday details: Mar 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
by dijom

Well I won It

"Yes I know, I should know better. I am retire 59. and won this holiday on the Fair Exchange website, I paid for the flights and arrived at the Capial Coast resort Paphos. No welcome pack , as promised, this came three days, and much hassle, later. Apartment was absolutely fantastic. Two beds, two baths and extra loo. Full kitchen, and I mean full kitchen. Microwave, fridge-freezer, toaster, full electric hob and oven, like I'm going to be cooking a Sunday roast whilst on holiday, washing machine. Coulnd't fault it.

Resort boasted spa facilities 8 till 7. Sauna, Steam room, Jacuzzi, nice.

On the third day, at 2 p.m. steam room was off, sauna barely warm, jacuzzi, not a treat but more a torture, cold. When I finally found the attendant? who was busy in the gym, toning his already perfect muscles, he said nobody was in so everything had been turned off.

Five star on the surface 2 to 3 in reality. If you want to eat in expect Euro-bland. Th eonly local place open, they are marketing it as a 52 week a year resort, was O K but a bit boring.

by granvivi

Accident Blackspot

"We have just returned from the Capitol Coast Resort & Spa Paphos, we had a lovely apartment that was very well laid out, with sea views and views over the pool - no complaints - 4 star at least. However, the entire appartment had shiney floor tiles that were very dangerous when wet and we had to be very careful walking about when the maid had mopped the floors. My 15 year old grand daughter slipped and fell while the floor was wet and hurt her legs and with our 5 year old grand child it was very difficult at times.

The place turned out to be mainly dealing in time share ownership that we felt only booked out holiday rooms so that the place looks used, for the sales pitch. We were offered free gifts of every kind to sit through a time share presentation but when we declined the interest in us quickly faded and we heard comments from the sales rep's as we passed (they are only visitors)and so on.

The place is not finished yet, but already there are serious building problems when you look around. When we went into the jacuzi my grand daughter stood on a sharp piece of masonry that had fallen our of the crumbling wall were the switch is. Her foot was cut and she was quite upset. We complained several times about the danger of pieces of stone and sharp bits on the floor but this area was not cleared even after we took a hand full to reception to show them how bad it was. We took the lift to find the rooftop bar and again my grand daughter ran and fell on the rough surface of the roof grazing both kness badly, found no bar and no first aid facilities either - they did send us a pack of cotton wool and iodine with 2 small plasters for her.

The indoor pool was heated and excellent, good job as this was the only entertainment for the children, the outdoor pools being too cold at this time of year. This is not a child friendly environment at all as there are too many places tiled with nice shinney tiles, making it very dangerous for children to walk or run safely. This includes the corridor leading from the pool reception to the changing rooms. I slipped badly in a pool of water outside the indoor pool entrance splitting my head and injuring my shoulders. The area was mopped after I had reported it and a wet floor sign put up but when we went next time it was gone so others could not be warned. When we went tomain reception to report this they showed little or no concern and customer services did not enter into it. It completely spoilt the holiday as I was quite badly injured and couldn't join in with my family for the rest of the holiday. We were not able to hire the car we had planned as I was not able to drive - walking about became quite painful. The place looks fabulous and would be, but for the lack of safety, especially as they seem to be aiming their sales pitch to the older type of clientel. We constantly saw potential clients being shown around the facilities.

We would not return to this resourt and are not able to recommend it to anyone who is unsteady on their feet (which I am not) Seeing other people moving arround gingerly on the shiney slabs, a death trap when wet or dry in the wrong footwear, showed how it was affecting everybody we met. Others have told us that they too will be making reports about the situation. We have been back 3 days and I have been off work in pain after visiting Doctor who sent me to A&E for second opinion - no bone's broken but severe bruising and muscle pain. Not for the faint hearted!

• Holiday details: Feb 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Dreary at this time of year but the sun was lovely - we were not able to see the town - too far away
by colin.hawson

KLR offers for Cyprus

"I recently booked a cottage with English Country Cottages, since then i keep being phoned by Paula from KLR Hotels offering amazing deals for the capital coast resort and spa. e.g. 5* spa, flights, transfers, spa treatments, etc etc for £200pp. Sounds too good to be true.

Paula is very polite, very persistent, must have phoned about a dozen times, to extend the special offer for me, as i was a customer of their sister company E.C.C. But somehow all a bit suspicious and too good to be true

Glad to have read the reviews on holidaywatchdog.

I will NOT be booking anything with them.

Thanks

by faith123

Worst Holiday ever

"We are just back from staying at this Lion Resort, which was the worst accommodation I have ever stayed in. It is promoted as a 5 star luxury resort and it is a long way from that. The standard of the accommodation is very poor the quqility of the rooms are poor and uncomfortable, decoration is of a poor standard, the food leaves a lot to be desired. The staff are not at all welcoming and the Lion resort staff are just interested in selling their vacaition holiday club packages."

by AllenPerrin

Its not a scam

Hi I have just been reading the questions about the free holiday in the capital coast hotel in Paphos Cyprus. I have just returned from a 2 week holiday in that hotel and have to say it was fabtastic. The free holiday is to get their hotel on the map. They are also opening another hotel at the harbour that looks even better than the capital coast. We too have been offered the free holiday and had to sit through the presentation for the holiday club but it was not a pushy hard sell presentation. The bottom line is they want as many people as possible to come and experience their hotels and I have to say it was one of the best places I have stayed and my pertner and I are 2 of the most fussy people!! It is a bit of a walk into town but the buses are great and we hired a car for a week too. If you go do the jeep safari up to the Akamas. It was fantastic. Our guide was great fun and knew his stuff. So all you guys who are hesitating ......get your flights booked. You wont regret it. They want people in rooms and some money spent in their bar and restaurant too. Have fun Fiona

• Holiday details: Nov 2008, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
by Fionas

Capital Coast Resort & spa

"I have just returned from Paphos and the only negative point about these apartments is that they are far too out the way, the area aroud them was not the nicest.

I cannot complain much about the apartments themselves, staff friendly enough apartments are beautiful. We went to the roof top bar but it wasnt open, the supermarket carried limited stock and the breakfast was not too tempting.

Overall i am glad i stayed here but i wouldnt go back mearly becasue of the location and nothing else.

by Debs1979

Modern hotel with amazing suites

"I have just returned from a 9 day stay at the Capital Coast Resort & Spa (5th Oct - 14th Oct 2008). I opted for this hotel due to its close proximity to the Paradise Kings Club, as I had family staying there at the same time. I booked a one bedroom suite via hotels.com at an excellent rate of £39 per night (Bed & Breakfast).

The hotel itself is very modern and whilst I liked the modern and contemporary feel, at times it did feel slightly clinical - especially the corridors to the suites - reminded me of a hospital corridor!

The suite itself was amazing, something I was not expecting, it definately had the wow factor. There was an open plan kitchen/lounge, bedroom with ensuite bathroom/shower and a separate shower room. Facilities in the suite included 2 flat screen TV's (with channels BBC1, BBC2, ITV1 & Sky News), iron and ironing board, safe (free), hairdryer and a fully fitted kitchen with all mod cons and self catering facilities. I was allocated a ground floor suite, which had a lovely terrace/garden outside with seating for 4 and a clothes dryer. Unfortunately my view was a brick wall, but I could see the sea if I walked onto the garden area!

Given that I was travelling on my own, I was slightly nervous about staying on the ground floor and did ask for a room on a higher floor, but only to be told (on a daily basis) that there were no other rooms available - not very believable given that the hotel did not seem full! There was a security guard patrolling the hotel so it was perfectly safe though.

There was no hotel information in the room and the hotel did not provide room service, which was disappointing.

The pool area was lovely. There were plenty of sunbeds and a pool bar. Some of the sunbeds were situated on the grass in front of the pool area, however the grass was watered daily which made it very muddy. Towels for use at the pool are provided free of charge on a daily basis.

There was an indoor pool / spa and a gym - all looked great but I didn't use these facilities. Not sure if the spa was open though. The games room was not open either.

The breakfast was buffet style and was adequate. I would have liked more choice though and less egg shell in the scrambled eggs (I've been put off scrambled eggs for life!). Definately not as good a breakfast as the Athena Beach Hotel provides! Guests pay 6 euros for breakfast if not included in your room booking.

I did not eat in the hotel in the evenings, although a buffet style dinner was provided at approx. 20 euros I think.

There was a bar and evening entertainment. I used the bar a couple of times, but didn't stay for the entertainment. There is also a roof terrace, but this didn't look to be open when I was there. There is a shop which sells most things for a self catering holiday, however it did not sell pharmacy products, e.g. painkillers, etc.. I had to go to a pharmacy to get painkillers and sore throat sweets (as typically I was ill on holiday!).

The hotel staff were very friendly and most spoke English.

All in all I enjoyed my stay at the Capital Coast Resort and I would stay at this hotel again, however as it is a lions resort I'm not sure whether it will be run as a hotel in the future, I get the impression that it will be a timeshare resort once all of the rooms have been sold.

On a positive note, as a single traveller I did not get targetted by the timeshare sales staff as they are not allowed to approach single travellers - a definate bonus of travelling alone!

by cjsim

Will be amazing once finished

"We came back from staying at this hotel on 21st Sept. We spent 2 weeks there and had a lovely holiday. There were 4 in our party and we had a 2 bedroomed apartment that would have slept 6 comfortably.

THE APARTMENT.. There were 2 bedrooms and the set out was perfect for our party. One double bedroom as you entered with kingsize double bed and ensuite bathroom. Plenty of fitted cupboard/wardrobe space. Flat screen TV. Hairdryer. There is a safe on the floor of the wardrobe in this room. It's FREE. All you do is enter your own coded number combination and reset. There are also doors leading out on to the balcony. In the middle of the apartment was the living accomodation. Lounge area with double sofa which would have been the double bed had we been 6 people, chair, 2 leather cube footstools and low line fitted units along one wall under large Flat screen TV and DVD player. The kitchenette area was at the back end of the lounge area and is FULLY equipped with everything you would need. Dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer, microwave, hob, oven, kettle, toaster, blender and all the crockerycutlery, pots and pans needed for 6 people. There is also a large dining table with 6 chairs. Doors lead off the lounge onto the balcony which was plenty big enough for us. There was a wooden table & 4 chairs out there and a clothes airer which came in very useful everyday. Our view from the balcony overlooked the pools and Piano bar terrace and Yes we could see the sea. On the other side of the lounge there was a separate loo, Main bathroom and the second bedroom with twin beds, plenty cupboard/warddrobe space again. Just a window in this room and no safe. There was no hairdryer in there when we arrived but one phone call to reception and someone bought one to us in minutes so don't be afraid to ask if there is something you need they are very friendly and helpful. All 3 living areas had individual air conditioning so the whole apartment was always nice and cool. This was fantastic as temps were always 30degs or above while we were there. The set out of our apartment was perfect for 2 couples as in effect it allowed each couple to have their own private space either side of the lounge.

POOLS..There are 3 pools. There's a large shallow childrens pool with lots of senbeds and chairs round. The second pool is the same level right across and has a long ramp leading down. It's 1.2m deep throughout and has a cascade of water running into it as does the third pool closest to the beach. This is an infinity pool and is also the same depth throughout.1.4mThis pool has steps leading into it at one end. All 3 pools have plenty of space and sunbeds/umbrellas around them. All pools were kept clean and tidy throughout our 2 week stay and the pools attendant was constantly checking water levels/clarity. He also stopped children running across the round pillars between pool 2 & 3 mainly for their own safety as they are tiled pillars and became slippery when wet unlike round the pools which had wooden decking so did not get slippery once wet. The infinity pool was closest to the beach end and had sunloungers/parasols all along the front on the grassed areas. As I said we were there for 2 weeks and never had any problems getting a sunbed. For the first 8 days the wooden beds round the pools weren't used much as they were very hard and had no cushions but these arrived and were duly but on the beds each morning and boy did they make a big difference. Loads more comfortable. There was only one area to avoid and that was just as you got onto the grass at the end by the infinity pool. This was where the fresh water tanks were and they were filled every day but sometimes there was a spillage of freshwater onto the grass so it became quite boggy/muddy. Once you were aware of this though it was easily walked round. The pool bar served snacks and drinks all day and the staff were always walking round to see if anyone wanted anything. The snacks served were excellent and freshly prepared to your order not kept hot for ages. There are plenty of tables & chairs both in and out of the sun round the pool bar. Pool towels are provided and are very good quality.You got them from downstairs where the Spa will eventually be open and could change every day if you wanted. We tended to change ours every other day which was still sufficient. My only critism of the pool area is there are NO TOILETS nearby. You either have to go down 2 flights of steep stone steps to the indoor pool or into the ground floor where the Lion Resort offices are.

HOTEL & STAFF.. All the staff we met were always very friendly and helpful. Petya, Gerhard, & Anna at the pool bar especially. My husband joked with one that they wouldn't bring him a drink in the pool if he was on his lilo. She did so the next day so MANY THANKS TO PETYA for doing above and beyond her job description. It's things like friendly staff that make or break a hotel and this hotel seem to have a very good team in place so I hope they can hold on to them. JANE at reception was also always ready and willing to help with any questions or problems we may have had.Not forgetting EMOKI on the Roof Terrace. She always remembered what we wanted to drink and was always there with a smile.

FOOD/BARS.. The restaurant is buffet style and not A La Carte as is stated. We had breakfast on 2 mornings and there was always plenty of choice from full english, cereals, fresh fruits, hams, cheeses, pastries, pancakes, waffles. Need I go on there was plenty for everyones taste. The breakfast was 6euros which we thought was good value. The evening meals were different every night. We did look in a couple of times but chose not to eat there as it was Buffet dining and we didn't think it was worth 20euros. The Pool bar had happy hour from 5.00 - 6.00. The Piano Bar (Or bar with NO piano as we renamed it) had happy hour 5.30 - 6.30 and the the roof terrace had happy hour from 6.00 - 7.00.All very pleasant. If you wanted to watch the sunset the roof terrace was the place to be although still looking a little sparse.

SUPERMARKET.. Stocked most things you needed. Still stocking up but we managed to get daily supply of milk, bread and fresh fruit there. Also best place to buy bottled water as its cheaper than the bars.

SPA.. This was NOT finished when we were there. (7th -21st Sep)Neither was the main jacuzzi, plunge pool, any treatment rooms, steam room/showers. The only thing finished downstairs was the indoor pool, Gym, Games room (air con not working when we checked it out)Hairdressers was working.

HOTEL IN GENERAL.. There was still quite a lot of minor work being done in the main parts of the hotel. Our apartment was finished except for the addition of bedside lamps, table lamps.The electricians were constantly up a ladder somewhere in the hotel. Light bulbs blowing seemed to be a major hassle. There are 2 massive crystal chandaliers hanging above reception and in 1 the were only 2 bulbs out of 50 working and in the other only 8 out of 50. Many parts of the hotel still looked sparse as there were no plants, pictures comunal seating areas apart from in reception. This made it sound very hollow and you echoed whenever you were in the corridors. Even though these minor things did not spoil our stay in any way. There is also FREE INTERNET access in the reception area. This would have been even better had it been linked to a useable printer.

BEACH.. There is NO EASY ACCESS to a beach so far from this hotel although the planning is there for one in the future. We just walked about 150m along the coast and used the beach at the end of the Venus Beach Hotel next door. It was all sandy and vey easy to get into. I am not a strong swimmer but I had no problems swimming here.

OTHER INFO.. We walked along the coast into the Harbour from Capital Coast. It takes just under an hour at a leisurely pace and even better now they are building a paved path that will eventually go all the way along form the Harbour Area to Coral Bay to the West of the hotel. We picked this up after walking about 15minutes. It was a very pleasant surprise as last year when we did the same walk there was no paved path. It will also be suitable for pushbiking so will be a bonus once complete to be able to hire a bike and ride from one end to the other.

Taxi's were between 8euros and 10 euros into the Harbour depending how hard you haggled.

The Bus still runs along the main run into the harbour and onto the Water park. Its 1.50euros and runs every 15 minutes. It stops on the main road at the top of the hotel so very convenient.

We ate out most of the time in the evenings. Olivetto's just opposite the Hotel is amazing. It's a bit more pricy than some of the more touristy restaurants (80euros for Bottle wine, bottle perrier, 2 starters & 2 main course sizzler stone meals)but well worth a visit just for the experience. Chloe's is a really good chinese restaurant. There is one next to Olivetto's opposite the Hotel and also one down in the harbour which is where we went. Hobo's on the harbour is very good value and a great place to sit and people watch. Fat Mama's was very loud, crowded but the food was good. You got the impression they wanted you in and out as quickly as possible which we didn't get with the other. If you want traditional cypriot home cooking there a place called Seven St George which is a bit out of the way but well worth a visit if you want to experience a meze meal. Good home cooked food at very reasonable price.

We noticed things do seem to have got a bit more pricy now they are in the EURO. This is our 4th year in a row to Paphos so we did notice the increase.

Only downside of our holiday was getting caught up in the fiasco that was XL AIRWAYS.

FINAL NOTE.. Capital Coast Resort and Spa will be a truly luxurious hotel once it's all finished. In our opinion they opened 3 months too early and its a shame that they didn't wait till completely finished with everything in place so that people could have had the full experience they were led to belive they would be getting after booking with Capital Coast. We had a great holiday and are looking forward to going back and experiecing everything that will be on offer once fully finished.

by slobbergob

Will definitely Return

"Just got back from a 10 night stay at Capital Coast. The accomodation itself was amazing, we had 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a full kitchen, living room and 3 flat screen TVs. Seemed a shame there was just the 2 of us to enjoy it.

We went half board, breakfast was great every day - full selection you'd expect really. Evening meals were good most of the time - although 2 nights we weren't impressed and went out to eat. They work on a nightly theme basis (i.e. Carvery, Cypriot night, international). My only complaint was that although in the main it was very good, there were no starters (although there is a salad bar) and desserts seemed to be the same every night (3 different cheesecake type things). There was nothing offered for children, maybe because of the time of year, and I saw some parents struggling to find something their kids would eat. Evening meals seemed expensive for what they were - (20 euros per person if you pay on the night - not including drinks). There are several restaurants within walking distance and I would recommend eating out rather than going half board. We made use of our kitchen for lunches everyday which helped keep costs down as it is quite expensive out there now the euro has been implemented. Another tip is to buy your water and wine from the on site shop rather than the restaurant/bar as it works out much cheaper. (A difference of 10 euros for the same bottle of wine!)

The spa still wasn't open - although they were actively working on it while we were there so hopefully won't be too long.

There is no beach on site yet but a short walk along takes you to Venus Beach Hotel's own beach which we used. The current is strong though so be careful!

The bar offers half price cocktails and drinks between 6 and 7 pm which was great before dinner. Entertainment was lacking although this didn't really bother us.

We weren't approached about timeshare but spoke to several people who were. From what we heard it sounds like a very high pressured sell. A whole floor of the hotel is dedicated to sales, and we noticed reps assigned to certain families following them around. Laws have changed recently allowing people to change their mind within a limited period of time of signing an agreement like this - although the sales staff here tried to deny this to an elderly couple we spoke to who regretted signing under pressure. Luckily they were aware of the law and were able to back out. If you have won a holiday here or will be speaking to the timeshare reps I really recommend you do your homework before you go and know your rights to avoid being taken in under pressure or misled.

We got the number 15 bus to the waterpark one day (it was the last stop and takes you right there) which was a really good day out - 28 euros per adult plus 5 euros for a locker - we overheard a family saying they could have saved money by booking in advance of going to the park (they don't offer family tickets on the door) so worth looking into if you're going.

The small on site shop was good and prices were the same as, and sometimes cheaper than, other local shops we looked in.

Happy to answer any questions you may have. We would definitely return - but wouldn't bother going half board next time.

by Sunshinegirl82

More than expected

"We have just returned from our 2-night stay in the Capital Coast Spa and Resort in Paphos. We had a 2-bedroom Executive Suite and have absolutely no complaints about the room. We had booked a one bed and were very surprised to find out that we were actually going to get a 2-bed. The room also had three bathrooms, three balconies with a jacuzzi on the biggest one, a fully equipped kitchen and a very spacious living room. Everything in the room was great!

The hotel itself looked lovely and the staff was nice. There were however some things that left some room for improvement. The spa is still not finished. Since the hotel has already been open for over 2 months, we expected at least the saunas to be in working condition, but unfortunately this was not the case. Also something that you would expect from a 5-star resort is room service. We asked if we could order food from the restaurant to our room but this was not possible and apparently there are no exceptions.

The outdoor swimming pool was very nice but unfortunately at this time of the year the water is freezing. The indoor pool was not heated and therefore also quite cold. There were not many activities available, we only saw a ping pong table by the pool. Maybe by next season there will be more to do as some parts/surroundings of the hotel are still under construction.

We only had breakfast at the hotel, since we were on a B&B-basis so we can not say much about the food. Breakfast was good although a bit plain for a hotel of this class. We would have expected a bit more alternatives.

All in all, the hotel was great and hopefully by next summer everything will be up and running.

by ChrisnAnne

holidays are wishes and this one came true

"Hotel: a must if staying in Paphos, accomodation is excellent, large rooms, our room was inland a double bedroom with en-suit bathroom, lounge area, kitchen and a second shower and toilet. the balcony was accessible from both lounge and bedroom. The pool area is lovely and will be beautiful when the gardens mature.Towels for the sun beds are provided.

The food: we booked half board. Breakfast was excellent, we only ate lunch on our first day, eating at the poolside snack bar, too much of a good thing we thought, and lunch was cancelled the rest of the week. The evening meals were again excellent, themed each night ie: a Cyprus buffet, French night, carvery, fish buffet, The restaurant staff were friendly and very attentive.

The surrounding area: Bars within walking distance I would reccommend O,neils Irish bar, The pitstop, and The house of blues which we came across on our last night and wish we had found it earlier, situated of the main street turning right at Raffles restaurant.

Eating out: Easy to find good qualitly restaurants although expensive if eating out every night, Fat mamas was full every night, as was Oliveta, Choe's, and Raffles a good sign of quality. We ate out on our last night at Choe's chinese on the reccommendation of the hotel receptionist, the food was excellent the setting a wow, the staff are very friendly and attentive.

The harbour area of Paphos is nice, we walked back to our hotel along the sea front although the path was sometimes guess work. We went on a jeep safari to to Trudos mountiains which is a must if you wish to see the real Cyprus.

Would I go back to Cyprus? maybe, but if you can afford to travel i think you should see as much of the world as possible.

I hope you find this review helpful, to anyone travelling to Cyprus have a wonderful holiday. Sorry ! no photos as I still had my Nikon film camera at the time, now proud owner of Nikon D60 so plenty next trip.

by lesleynPeter