Diomylos Studios & Apartments

Service: 7.5/10
Value: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Diomylos Studios & Apartments

1 2 »
loud music at 4 in the morning!!

"I stayed here last week from 18th to the 25th August. Upon arrival we were greated and received our keys. Rooms where very basic and there was 2 cooking rings which did not get hot enough to cook on. The shower would go from being a pressure shower to trickles. Overall for the week was fine. Friday night a new group of lads arrived and thought it was perfectly acceptable to dance on the bar with loud music and sing down a mic at 4am. I went to confront the bar staff about this by asking "do you think this is acceptable to play loud music at 4am" the reply I got from the guy behind the bar was "yes". I have put a complaint in to Olympic Holidays as I feel this was well out of order and I should have been treated with better respect than that.

The location is ideal as it is walking distance from the main square, but I would not recommend this place for older couples or families due to the tyoe of groups that come to the apartments.

• Holiday details: Aug 2012, booked with Olympic Holidays
  • Advice: Dont eat at the bar, from talking to other people the food is not very good.
by jadey84

October 2010

"I booked a week to Ayia Napa with Amber from Holiday Hypermarket who was just so helpful and truthful, did everything to specification. professional curteous etc. I had looked at this appartment on the net and it had some really bad reviews which I can only imagine came during peak season. We stayed there as a couple. I am 35 my partner 32. I have stayed at Ayia Napa 5 timkes previously and been booked in to some truly awful accomadation, but this was lovely! we had a one bed appt, it was big enough for us, yes there were very limited utensils, bath towels were not brand new, but If you are going on hol to spend your time in a hotel then book a more expensive one. I have some very serious medical conditions and the staff went out of there way to help and accomadate me. Everything worked, nothing broke, Aircondioning is only in the bedroom and cost 7 eurs a night, for me it was worth it, but for others they may find not so. We had someone clean the room, change towels everyday except sunday but iof youwanted something on a sunday you could get from reception ie loo roll. I would have no hesitation staying here again at all. It was what we paid for and expected far worse than we got by some very hossible reviews which in my opinion are not justified. Location wise it was perfect, 5 mins to the beach, 5 mins to the square for nightlife, all types of shops on the door step."

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, Room Only, booked with Olympic Holidays
  • Advice: v close to shop, beech, nightlife, food, etc
by vickster

Stay at your peril

"Myself and my partner booked and stayed in these apartment for two weeks in July 2009. The location was excellent but as for the apartments I would NEVER recommend them to anyone. We found the staff to be ok initially when we arrived but as time went on they became extremely rude. Three days into our holiday we were upstairs in our apartment getting ready to go out when we heard someone knocking on the door, they obviously thought the apartment was empty and they broke in. My partner ran down the stairs and confronted them. It was two guys in there twenties and they then tried to say that the door was open and that they were just trying to sell tickets. We reported this to the manager immediately and he said that this was happening frequently but retracted his statement the following day when we reported it to the Budget Travel Rep whom I might add was the most unhelpful Rep I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. The lock on our door was broken and it took the management over 24hrs to send up a repair man who then drilled the receiver on the door which in the end only made it easier to enter the apartment. So basically we spent the next 10 days wondering what we were going to come home to everyday. We were not alone in our experience, we spoke to others staying in these apartment and found they had a similar experience. Seriously, if you must stay at the Diomylos Studios & Apartments stay at your own peril..."

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Nightmare Apartments...
by Ms.L.B

BASIC,BUT VERY CONVENIENT

"Stayed in Diomylos apts from 9th may to the 16th may.apartments are a two minute walk to the harbour and ten minute walk to ayia napa main strip.i strongly advise you get the air con at 6euro a day,well worth it.requested more towels on 4 day,had them with in 30mins.10euro for safe for the week,didnt get it back like some other apartments.food in the golden arrow in excellent.went on dolphin boat safai.DIDNT SEE ANY DOLPHINS.i think it very rare you see dolphins on this trip.The staff in the diomylos are very friendly.The apartment are very basic and a bit dated but adequate.The bar food at the poolside is a bit dear and very slow.local beer is keo 2.50 a pint generally.8-9PM at the poolside bar is happy hour.There is plenty of sun beds to choose from at the pool.

Car wash night club is great but they do play the same music every night,luke kelly is a good spot too.

The nearest beach is by the harbour.2euro for a sunbed,packed but very nice as the sun is going down.went on yellow submarine boat,10euro each.worth it.The pool is small but kept clean.

Overall we enjoyed our trip to Cyprus and would reccomend the diomylos apartments.

by si1985

basic but brilliant!!

"stayed at the diomylos apts last august. it was a girlie holiday just for a week. we were all aged between 20-23. the location was perfect, 2min walk to the shops and funfair/go karts 5 mins away. bit of nightlife/ bars down the road but the main nightlife is 10/15min walk up the road then a hill but taxi was only 5e.lovely food at the bar, planty of drink 2 choose from. 24 hour bar!!!! we rolled hme at 6-8 am and had a song/dance with the staff. they were a great laugh. pool table and games at thr bar too.laundry facilities available also.did our washing b4 we went hme. apartment were very clean, fresh towels on request but were changed every second day day neway.loved it! will defo go back!"

by dreamgirl23

Don' t Go to this hotel apartments

"Myself and a friend went on holiday to Aye Napa this being our first time visiting Cyprus staying at the Diomylos Hotel Apartments from the 27th September to the 11th September.

Arriving around 9.25pm Cypriot time, we where allocated studio apt 28 front door facing road, balcony over the 24 hour bar which plays music from 11 am to 1pm. We requested another apt after 30 minutes this man appeared saying he was the assistant manager. When I began to speak he ignored me and began speaking to my friend who by the way was a male.

He offered us apt 10 earlier refused by another family/couple who we did not know or why they wanted to move. However the Assist Manager asked my friend Dave to look at the apt and he also said he would give one nights free air conditioning. As it was so late, we had traveled 10 hours we took the apt.

On Sunday morning when we could see the apt it was very dirty. The Kitchen and sitting area sofas and chairs where very dated /dirty bedroom furniture with cigerette burns on all units. The kitchen worktops when wiped left the cloth very dirty. When we began to shower it was evident that the toilet, sink, bath would need to be cleaned before we could use the facilities. When I complained the hotel staff said they would clean it.

Monday when we meet the budget travel representative Orla Marie we complained that the apt and the pool part of the complex was very dirty. We where assired by the Rep that the staff would be cleaning the apt on a daily basis. We witnessed staff getting into the pool and cleaning the water side height level with sponges at no time during the 2 week did we see any other staff empty or use pool equipment to clean the pool.

From Monday night 29th September 2008 to the end of the two weeks 11th October 2008 holiday, we had to complain that the air conditioning leaking or not working, We found the apts pool and lounging areas very dirty poolside tables dirty. Around the complex very grubby and dirty.

Staff I found unhelpful, rude, threatening.

When I complained about the ants which invaded the bathroom over our toothbrushes, toileteries it was disgusting/sicking a staff member used fly spray around the bathroom/kitchen worktops. The ants invaded the outside seating/veranda which we had been seating at earlier.

We had on a daily basis contend with no cleaning, being invaded by ants in the kitchen area also the seating veranda outside our apartments, leaking or not working air conditioning unit leaving the bedroom very damp with a foul smell.

We knew that the accommadation was going to be basic we did not ever think that we would have to contend arguing with the Budget Travel Representatives Orla Marie another Budget staff also named Orla When either I or Dave complain about cleaning or leaking air conditioning unit be broken we where ignored by The Manager come handiman come owner he would not his name to Dave or myself nor would the Budget Travel Staff give us his name saying head office had it.

We were looking forward to a holiday where we could relax by the pool impossible because of the way the staff conducted themselves. manager & friends sitting around bar playing backgammon for several hours when myself or my friend tried to talk to him or other staff members we where ignored or they argued with us. To the point that we where threatened with the police. We found ourselves in an impossible position. Yes we where offered alternative accommadation up a mountain further away from the beach or town beside a motorway and police station.

Final straw for me was ending in a hospital suffering from tirdness infection thinking please arrest and deport me.

I would not recommend this holiday as advertised by Budget Travel

Be Afraid

If you are planning a holiday please don't go to this apartment hotel, you will be disappointed.

by Cora01

Apartments were lovely, spacious n...

"Apartments were lovely, spacious n clean, staff were excellent, really friendly, 24hour bar (excellent). Lovely pool, great atmosphere der by day. Also very close 2 beach! Only prob is sum of da air conditioners do not wrk, need air conditioning n Cyprus!"

by L.B Buckley

Here's what we thought.......

"My girl friend and I are just back from a week in the Diomylos Apartments. It was a last minute booking so we did not really know what to expect but were pleasantly surprised.

The Apartment complex is in a very good location, 5 minutes walk from the harbour/ small beach, 10 minutes walk from the crazy night life of Ayia Napa and about a 45 minute walk from Nicci Beach.

The complex consists of about 35 units and is only three stories high. There are studio's on the ground floor and the one bedroom apartments are on the first and second floor. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment which had the kitchen/ dining/ living/ bathroom area on the first floor and bedroom on the second floor.

Both floors had very big balconies with a table and four chairs.

The bedroom was a good size and had the most comfortable bed we have ever had on a package holiday.

The bedroom was equipped with an air conditioning unit which we would highly recommend during this time of year as the room got stupidly hot and the doors needed to be kept closed due to the mossie's.

The air conditioning costs six euro per day BUT you have to pay for all your remaining days once it is switched on.

The bathroom was very small and in need of a refurbishment but the shower was surprisingly powerful.

There is a bar which is open 24 hours and doubles as reception during the night. The bar food menu was simple, a little on the expensive side but very tasty.

There was also a pool table (one euro per game), some old video game machines (50c per game), a big screen TV for sports or music), internet access (one euro for ten minutes) which was only good for checking emails as quite slow, and an XBOX (not sure of charge).

The pool wasn't big but suited the size of the complex. It went from three foot deep to five foot deep and was kept clean.

There was just enough sun beds around the pool and the umbrellas were fixed into the ground.

We had a great holiday and would stay at the Diomylos again if we return to Cyprus.

Alan & Mo.

by BigSplash

Nice Place and Friendly Staff

"Excellent location close to all amenities. Staff very friendly and helpful. Chill out at the pool or avail of the 24 hour bar. They also serve good food at the bar. Overall the accommodation was basic and clean. The air conditioning is a must at this time of year cost €6 per day and safe costs €10 for the week. It is a five minute walk to the square where all the noise is and all attractive young people go for the night after a hard day at the pools."

by Flashpoint

Excellent location close to all...

by T Mc C Mc Cormack

great

"The diomylos is a fantastic place, position , bar staff , receptionist's and chamber maids. Stellios/steve the bar manager and the rest of his family are great. The posion in ayia napa is brill 2-3 min walk to harbour sea horse pub 30 seconds walk there longer on the way back hic hic.The food and drink is good and cheap.Bap watch was good by the pool don't tell the wife he he."

by deanosue

Second time and still great

"This year was my second time at the Diomylos and we had a great time. in September the pool isn't used much so its nice and peaceful for relaxing during the day. the pool bar does good snacks and the prices are great. the staff at both reception and the pool bar and really friendly and helpful.

The rooms are nothing fancy but very large and spacious. They all look out onto the pool area. its 2 mins walk to the harbour and the main bars and clubs within 10 mins walk.

by nosko

1 2 »

Map for Diomylos Studios & Apartments Closest airport: Larnaca International (LCA) 22.2 miles