Mira Hotel

Service: 8.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Mira Hotel

thomas cook

"My wife and myself have stayed at quite a few places in calangute and candolim,the Mira as been the best up to now,its very,very clean,the staff are great and its in the center of calangute,its not to big so you get to know all the staff and they know you,id advice the Mira to anyone."

• Holiday details: Nov 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
  • Activities: There are to many ,my advice is try as many as possible during your stay there
by moejoe

Great Time

"Just back from Goa for the 1st time. What a place. Went with my partner and best friend and her husband. The place is full of colour. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. Would recommend a visit. Beaches were fantastic. Really didnt want to come home."

by fayi

another great stay at the Mira

"Just returned from another amazing holiday in Goa...

Stayed at the Mira again as we did 2 years ago....Nothing seemed to have changed was just as friendly as we remembered.

Rooms basic but had the addition of a television..we never turned ours on though as we were always out and about ..

Rooms are cleaned everyday and sheets and towels changed every other day ....for a small charge you can have new ones everyday though .

Bar staff very nice and was open whenever we were around unsure what time it shut if it did lol ...

well worth a stay there definately will be returning again soon

by b0wie42

Great little hotel

"Just got back from a two week stay at the Mira Hotel. Very small hotel with a small pool, the hotel was very clean our room was over looking the pool on a block on its own just one room below, think it was the best room in hotel. Rooms cleaned every day, only real moan did not get clean towels everyday( but managed).

BreaKfast was as the norm in Goa, Bread Jam, Tea or coffee and Juice, small charge for anything extra. The staff in the hotel all worked very hard especially the bar staff (Sam) couldnt do enough for you. All staff were great from the Reception right through. Would not hestitate in staying at this hotel again

by mojoBolton

Great value for money!

"On booking the Mira Hotel we was slightly concerned at the fact it is classed as a 1 star/simple style hotel, but on arrival we were really surprised. The staff are really friendly, they gave us flower garlands and a drink as a welcome gesture.

The hotel itself is situated about 2 minutes away from Calangute high street, and there are lots of restaurants and bars nearby. The best ones we found were Redonda and Souza Louba (on the beach). The beach is about a 5-10 minute walk, but we found Calangute beach a bit dirty so didn't actually sunbathe on it. Be prepared to get hassled a LOT of people saying "taxi" or "tuk tuk"! As a group of girls we felt generally safe apart from one night a group of Indian men actually followed us into the Mira, got past the security man, and followed us up the stairs to our rooms.

The pool area was ok, there are only about 12 sunbeds though, plus birds flying overhead tended to do their business in the pool and around it.

The rooms were fairly basic, like in Greece, and we had a fan (no air con), i think all of their rooms could do with having air con in because it got very hot at nights. The bathrooms were basic, had no problems with the hot water running out. The rooms were cleaned every other day, with sheets and towels changed too. The tv was ok, had satellite channels. Our balcony overlooked some of the locals houses/shacks, and they sometimes lit bonfires so the fumes smelt a bit.

I didn't see any lifts in the hotel, so people who had trouble with stairs may find this hotel a bit difficult!

We had about 10 power cuts in 2 weeks, which was a nightmare when the fans went off!

For bed and breakfast, it is literally only toast, juice or tea/coffee. You can pay for an english breakfast etc for 150 rupees (about £2). One thing i didn't like about this hotel is that they didn't do any lunchtime snacks, you had to walk down the road to the other restaurants. The Thai restuarant is separate to the Mira hotel and only did thai food all day long. We ate there once and the food seemed quite nice. The hotel bar was really cheap and Sam and Prem are lovely!

We used a lovely taxi man called Michael every time we needed a taxi, he sits opposite the Mira. He drove us to Coco beach for the dolphin boat trip and took us to Ponda elephant riding and washing the elephants, was cheaper than booking it through the rep.

So all in all the staff were really friendly, hotel is basic but clean, excellent value for money, in a great location and i'd definately recommend it!

by X444KAT

Basic, but lovely hotel!

"Francesca - Manchester, United Kingdom

You should experience the Mira hotel! Very basic, however in India it is luxury!!!

I stayed this year in February, I went for my 21st birthday with my family. I had a peaceful, relaxing enjoyable holiday here!!

The hotel is not too big, the rooms are cleaned daily and disinfected.

There is entertainment and a lovely Thai restaurant also. The locals are very friendly and makesure they meet your requirements.

I was shocked, a bottle of coke costs about 25 pence. Honestly any tourist/people who have previously visited India will know it is extremely cheap. "You live like Kings and Queens!"

Overall the hotel is value for money, I would definitely return to the Mira.

by cheekychops2008

best in goa

"Second time been there staff can not do enough for you.Basic but clean,the bar is the friendliest place.HOME fromHOME.Will be back again"

by maxbowles

The first time my husband and I...

"The first time my husband and I travelled to Goa was January 2003 for two weeks. We enjoyed it so much we have been going every year since for a month.

We always go to Calangute, where we have made many friends with the local people. They will do anything for you, from doing errands to washing and ironing, you name it they do it.

North Goa is very busy. If that’s what you like you should go there in February and March, they have carnivals on. The actors and actresses join in on the beach; it goes on till about 3 in the morning. If you want peace and tranquillity go to South Goa.

We spent a night on the beach 2 years ago in a hut on stilts, it was quite an experience. Were thinking about doing it again when we go back again next year. I would recommend B&B as the food is so cheap and fresh. Four of us had lobsters, king prawns, chips, salad, wine, beer, fruit, and coffee, and cost about 45 pounds total at Jolly Boys shack on Calangute beach.

We have stayed at a few hotels but we do like Paradise Village or Mira Hotel which are both on the same road in Calangute.

by I Werter

Clean and well-located hotel

"I paid about $36 (USD) per night to stay here, booked through the hotel's Web site. I was very worried because I was not able to find much as far as reviews on this hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel e-mailed to confirm my booking the week before I arrived which I liked since I've heard many horror stories of people arriving and hotels losing reservations. Everyone was very friendly, and I was checked right in. I'm a single female, so I didn't really like that my room was all the way in the back of the hotel on the top floor, but I didn't complain so can't say too much about that. They told me I was getting an A/C room, but all I had was a fan. However, weather was nice, and A/C wasn't necessary. The room was extremely clean, and although there were tons of bugs outside, there were none actually in the room. The one day I did not have anyone clean the room, I did start to get a collection of ants, but the next day they were cleared out. I also ran out of water during a shower at some point, about 2 minutes into it. They had a small shop at the front desk that was useful when I forgot to buy some items at the chemist earlier.

The hotel restaurant was good, but I got a little annoyed when the waiter practically forced me to order an appetizer I did not want. I got very sick after I ate there, but I'm not sure if it's from the restaurant or another restaurant I had dined at earlier.

Hotel was in a great, very busy location, close to the beach and many shops and restaurants. I had a great stay, but at the end their credit card machine wasn't working, so they told me to go to an ATM to get cash to pay for the room. They made it sound so simple as if the closest ATM was right there, but it was about a ten-minute walk in the heat and across the busy road. So I had to start my 36-hour journey home covered in sweat. I was very upset about it and think they could have had a much better solution than sending me running around trying to get cash.

Overall, I was very happy with my room, the service and location of the hotel. Good stay!

by midgetmama

Loved the Mira

"The Mira is a one star hotel, basic yes, but exceptionally clean and the staff are brilliant. Nothing is too much trouble for them, they make you feel very welcome, always have a smile for you and generally make you feel at home.

Santosh the taxi driver is lovely, he took us everywhere we wanted to go and if he was not with us for the day he gave us his card so we could ring him when we were ready to be picked up.

We loved the indian music he would play in his cab so much that by the end of our holiday we were all singing along. As he drove us to the airport he said "Indian or english music?" "INDIAN" we shouted in unison. When we got there it was really sad to say goodbye to him and he gave us the Indian cd that we loved.

I must also mention BK and Kumar they were just so funny and they really made our holiday, but having said that all the staff, the receptionists and the room boys were all nice.

You wont find the frills and fancies of a 3, 4 or 5 star hotel. The beds are rock hard, the pillows have seen better days and the towels are a grey/white colour. The furniture is very dated but the rooms are cleaned everyday, the toilet sanitised everyday and the sheets and towels changed almost everyday.

You also,dont get the impersonal atmosphere of the larger hotels with hundreds of sparkly rooms. The mira is a small hotel with a huge character and we loved every minute of our stay there.

by katrina-retsina

Great Bar

"The Mira essentialy is in a great location for some of the best parts of Calangute, i.e. the beach . We mostly stayed at NV shack during the day. The shops and martket stalls - all good.

Hotel & bar staff at Mira are lovely, Bekay and Kumar both great fun & nothing too much trouble. We stayed in room P1 which is probably the noisiest room as it is right next to the kitchen and this unfortunately where it all falls down. At 6.30, the hotel morfs into a Thai Restaurant, lovely food but seemingly the focus shifts and the guests needs become less catered for. I had to leave the room after midnight on 2 occassions to ask the kitchen staff to tone the noise down as it was really hard to sleep, which they did but thats a bit of a pain!

My daughter was ill and the hotel were fantastic, going out for medicine etc.... and takeaway pizza whilst I was grounded.

Eat fantastic food at Sweet Chilli & The Stonehouse and NV & Dammat Shacks, going out again March 07- cant wait but trying the Nizmar Resort this trip.

by gac10

Brillant

"I stayed at the mira hotel in goa for a week, i was a bit worried as Thomas cook explained it as simple style. i was pleastly suprised it was clean and had every thing you would need, the staff were very good and nothing was to much for them. the hotel was cheap but you wouldnt really now this. i will go back.

taxi rides are so cheap so you can tour goa very cheap. the food is very cheap you would struggle to spend 20 pound a day.

by teresajane