New Famagusta Hotel

Good

Service: 6.5/10

1 2 »
impressed with apartments by gemj82

we recently stayed in new famagusta apartments in aiya napa on a all girls holiday for 7 days! we were all really suprised to find how high the standards were considering we were on a partyin hol and not really bothered where we slept!!!. the pool area is especially nice with a decent sized pool and plent sun loungers! the apartments were cleaned nearly every day with new towls provided.great bar with great happy hour prices & good food. staff were all very nice. great location for the beach and nightlife shops & restaurants etc. def worth every penny staying here! the only down side is that it can get a bit noisy when everybody rolls in drunk after a night out!

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Activities: el chihuahua mexican is delish!

great apartments by LINDAJEFF1

Just returned from cyprus 18/06/09 myself husband 2 kids 11 and 15 Was dreading going to these apartments because of the reviews I was attending a wedding . I have to tell you I holiday about Four times a year.These apartments are spotless towels changed everyday the staff are very helpfull food drink in bar great supermarket and bakery next door bus stop right outside pool area is really good inside pool and gym near to square and nightlife if you want it. Also beach a short stroll no noise at night had great night sleep every night. kitchen in apartment basic only 2 rings and small fridge but I don't come away to cook roast dinners. We all had a great time

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Self Catering, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: good for every one including familys

myself, my sister and 10yr old son... by D Walmsley

myself, my sister and 10yr old son booked to go to these appartments through Thomas Cook approx 11 days before travelling, and needless to say we spent only 2 nights there, 2 nights too long in my opinion. If you are between 16 and 20 yrs old and don't mind ants in your room, and gangs of teenagers being rowdy and drunk between the hours of 11pm and 6am, the occasional door being smashed down by a jealous boyfriend, and horny girls roaming around seeing how many guys they can get through in one night, then this is the place for you, but anyone else please don't waste your money, as we had to fork out another £2000 to move elsewhere, call me old fashioned, but when i book a holiday that says in the brochure, friendly and clean that is what i expect, definate no no for children, or anyone wanting more than a 1*. Room was supposed to be a self catering room but there was no kettle or cups or stove, just a tiny little fridge, the only good point i have to say about this awful place was the bar staff were lovely!!!!!!!

I do not beleive the poor comments... by  Kay Laing

I do not beleive the poor comments that i have read about this place. I have been to the new famagusta 3 times now and plan to go back again and again. The staff are really friendly and the place is very clean. I have to admit it is under new management now and has never been busier. The young maintenance man is very willing to help with anything you need and he is always around. There has been a lot of changes been made to the place over the last few years, but even still it has always been a pleasant place to stay. please everyone going to this hotel do not be put off by those previous comments, you will find it a nice pleasant place to stay.

Booked the holiday and then checked... by later

Booked the holiday and then checked the reviews! Bit dubious after i read the reviews but upon arrival at the hotel all my fears were allayed. Room was clean and comfortable and it was cleaned when we left a sign on the door. Staff friendly and never had cause to raise an issue. Close to centre of Napa and to the harbour.

Only bugbear was the breakfast. Not much choice and the same every morning. Pool, terrace sun loungers all cleaned every morning. A team of about 8 cleaners going for it for 2 hours every morning! sweeping anything and everything.

All in all definatly the best hotel i have stayed in so far.

To sum up a thumbs up for cleanliness, friendlyness, helpfulness but breakfast can be improved a bit (just go out to one of the eateries close by which are all excellent!)

After reading all the bad comments... by A Owen

After reading all the bad comments about the hotel, we was a little worried seeing as it was our first time in ayia napa and was worried about what we would be facing. How wrong could they be, the hotel was lovely, clean and tidy, all staff were helpfull and pleasent, there was entertainment available at the hotel, the food was really nice, and we were so pleased with our choice to stay there. It was not even 5 minutes away from the main square, beach is close, and in the middle of everything.

The pictures in the brochure did nothing for the hotel. We had all the facillities we were told and more in our rooms, and the hotel was lovely inside and out.

We had own private balcony area overlooking the pool, and bar always had a gd atmosphere going. The people were lovely there also.

After such a good holiday we want to go back and will be staying at the new famagusta again !!

This was the first time we've been to... by A Pattison

This was the first time we've been to Cyprus and was very worried on the quality of the apartments as they were only classed as 2 star.

But all the worry was for nothing, the Apartments and studios are FIRST CLASS, and 3 stars are the rating on the entrance sign.

The apartments are very large, basic, with en-suite facilities just off sitting room and bathroom next door to bedroom, bedroom very large with double bed and loads of storage cupboards and draws, TV in sitting room and hair dryer in bedroom. air condition in bedroom and sitting room at 3 euros per day. soap dispensers in en;suite and bathroom, towels were changed every other day. all the sockets are 3 pin same as UK.

The kitchen was very clean with plenty of cutlery, pans etc, 2 ring cooker, fridge with small freezer compartment.

Our room was cleaned every day and was absolutely immaculate, the staff were all very friendly and helpful.

In the restaurant you can get breakfast buffet for 5 euros, this was OK, sausage, beans, streaky bacon, boiled eggs, scrambled egg, toast, juice, continental breakfast etc.

you can get dinner buffet 10 euros but this was not much cop, and we only used it once.

the pool area was very clean, and cleaned every day.

Bar food was very good and they have happy hour every night after 8 o'clock there was not much entertainment on but it was begin of season.

the location is excellent only 5 Min's walk to town centre, and to excellent beach, bus stop is right outside reception, and only cost 1.35 euro to anywhere. if you use the bus you get 2 euros off entrance fee to water world, which is an excellent day out. Supermarket next door very cheap, for food and drink etc.

Overall an excellent very very clean apartment in excellent location, loads of places to eat near by. Petinos is very nice and you can get real chips with your meal!

Next time we go back to Ayia Napa would definitely stay here, recommend it to anybody.

There were 4 people in our party 2 adults aged 25-30, 2 children aged 2-5.

Having read numerous bad reports on... by D K Smith

Having read numerous bad reports on this hotel after I had booked my holiday I was a little nervous to say the least! But how wrong I was to worry. Having been to Ayia Napa numerous times I have to say the new Famagusta Apartments are one of the nicest places I have stayed.

The apartments are well situated, very close to the centre of Ayia Napa but very very quiet. The rooms are spotless, the people friendly. I don't have a bad thing to say about them.

I highly recommend the new Famagusta Apartments to anybody.

This was my first time to Cyprus and... by C Collins

This was my first time to Cyprus and obviously to the New Famagusta hotel but after reading some rather awful comments on here about the hotel, me and my friends who I went with was really worried to what we would be staying in!

Ignorant staff, scummy pool and dirty bed sheets to name a few was what we expected from reading the reviews! But on arrival all the staff was very nice and helpful!!

Everything was clean the pool the floors the rooms everything! You couldn’t put a fault on it!

Ok so it was a tad noisy at times when ppl came in from the clubs but hey its Ayia Napa its too be expected and the accommodation cannot be at fault! Ayia Napa is a lively place and if you don’t want to be woken up then maybe a quieter part of Cyprus is for you! but even the noise level wasn’t that bad! cleaners came everyday and the pool was cleaned every day as well.

I am very pleased with this hotel it was like 5 mins away from the beach and the local supermarket! there was live entertainment onsite all the time friendly 24hr bar and then only 10mins walk to the main town and clubs an 10mins taxi ride to the famous Nissi beach which is gorgeous to!

All in all I can’t wait to return to Ayia Napa and I definitely will come back to the New Famagusta hotel!!

Went to Ayia Napa with two friends,... by Harvey

Went to Ayia Napa with two friends, was a bit concerned after reading reports from this which I can now say were not true at all. The place was very very clean, the people were lovely and very helpful and the situation was perfect. Would recommend it to everybody and all age groups. There's so much to do and the weather was beautiful. Would definitely return.

The New Famagusta was just a 5 minute... by J Young

The New Famagusta was just a 5 minute walk from the hectic night life if you wanted it, we (my partner and I) liked the quiet nights away from the square but also had the option to walk there if we chose to.

The New Famagusta apartments were very clean and very comfortable, the bedding and towels were not so good (a bit of Oxy needed there) the staff were great and really friendly.

I would advise anyone going with a young family to go AI, if I went again I would the prices are quite steep...Be prepared to spend a lot but you will have a good holiday.

The weather was hot I think I peeled twice but I came home with a tan! The airport is quite confusing keep an eye on your departure gate number!

I have just come back from staying at... by  M Strevett

I have just come back from staying at the New Famagusta Apartments.

On arrival we were greeted by a grumpy man who could barely be bothered to talk to us. I accept it was early morning but we had to wake him up!

We were given our key and told where our room was located by grunts and sign language!

We were two females on our own (45 and 56) sisters and on holiday to attend a wedding at Nissi Beach Hotel.

We got to the apartment block and realised that there was no lift and we had to drag our cases up three flights of stairs.

We were given Room 129 - it was dirty - the wardrobe had the back missing and a hole in the wall and there was no way I was going to hang my clothes in it.

I went back to the reception and asked for an alternative room. I was given the key to Room 127. I said I would only accept it after inspection.

He came with us to the room - it seemed a bit bigger but was not very clean. We were tired so we just thought - you get what you pay for at the end of the day!

We still had problems though.

1. The fridge kept my sister awake all night - the motor whirred up and that went bang every 5 minutes - the people in the next room 128 could hear it too! We again complained and were told that yes they knew about that fridge and they would change it in 20 minutes.

Well after seeing the Manager every day (numerous times) for the next three days - every time he saw us he would say = yes yes fridge come in next 20 minutes. Wow we eventually got a lovely "new" fridge - in fact I think my mum had one the same 20 years ago! At least it worked and didn't keep my sister awake at night.

2. The second night we were there my sister decided to make a cup of tea. She put the kettle on the cooker (!) (Two rings) and the lights fused. We thought it was a general hotel problem and as it was late decided just to go to bed and get it fixed in the morning. Unfortunately, this is another common problem.

We were told not to use the cooker as the lights fused when it was turned on. We were told we would get a toaster and kettle in 10 minutes. We did eventually get these - after asking twice.

We then noticed throughout our week's holiday - lots of toasters and kettles being delivered!

3. We paid for 3 people as my brother was coming over for a few days to stay - unfortunately there was no third bed as promised. We were told we had to pay £50 for a camp bed or £15 a day for the room next door. Eventually I negotiated £12.50 a night for the room next door.

4. I asked for the passageway outside our room to be cleaned - it was full of bird droppings as there was no window pane in the passage outside our room.

5. It was never cleaned and was eventually cleaned by way of rain coming through the window and causing a large puddle which cleaned it up.

Make sure you leave your towels on the floor or they will not be replaced.

The water the cleaner was using to clean our room absolutely stank - it had obviously been in the bucket since we arrived and was used the whole week.

You would not want to go in the pool - it was brown. I think they tried to clean it - or they were doing something to it - not sure what.

The sunbeds were broken and dirty.

All in all we had a good week because we went to the Nissi Bay area every day - we went to the local beach a couple of times which was nice.

Don't stay at the New Famagusta if you want cleanliness and cooking facilities.

The staff in the bar were all nice. The people on reception were not.

This hotel is most definitely not a 3 star. I have stayed at a 3 star before in Turkey and it is so much more clean and friendly.

I think if you are young, looking for a hotel near to the nightlife and don't want to cook then you will be okay.

It's cheap for some. We paid £285 each the people next door paid £140 each - so shop around.

Oh yes - one more thing, I asked for a bulb to be replaced in the central light in our room - I asked every day to the maid, the manager, reception, by telephone, etc etc and do you know what? We never did get a bulb!

1 2 »

Stayed at New Famagusta Hotel? Share your insight.

New Famagusta Hotel also called

• new famagusta ayia napa
  • Address: Kryou Nerou Street P.O. Box 30057, Ayia Napa 5340, Cyprus

Map for New Famagusta Hotel Closest airport: Larnaca International (LCA) 22.4 miles

New Famagusta Hotel photos (2 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for New Famagusta Hotel
  • by gemj82

" loads of great bars especially senior frogs, def worth a visit! give the beach partys a miss tho! "