My Meric Hotel

Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for My Meric Hotel

1 2 37 »
ayhan and amie

"my meric hotel was brilliant all staff were excellent and ive met some good friend. this year started with new owners who couldnt do enough for you. food was nice and room cleaned every day. bulent (billy), ebu and all staff and waiters work all hours really hard and do a very good job. i really miss them all and turunc is beautifull. i must say this was the best place ive stayed before and ill be returning to my meric in turunc in july of september this year. wish i was there now. good to meet you all and see you soon!!! :)"

by ayhan

Loud waste incineration plant in a heavenly town

"Unfortunately very uncomfortable situation: if your room faces the pool and amazing view of the harbour, you'll have to enjoy horrible and loud disco til midnight - no mercy boom-boom-boom!! If you change sides and face beautiful pine forest, you will be strangled by disgusting smells of burnt waste of the hotel (and natural toilet outside).(((

Food is fine for vegetarians and good for slimming and health!

Rooms are standard.

• Holiday details: Sep 2012
  • Advice: Don't breathe, don't hear
by Katya R

save your money dont stay here

"we went all inclusive for 10 days and spent £800

the town is lovely but the hotel facilities were crap

the food was always cold and they always ran out of tea,water,cups

if you like chicken then youre alright because every meal was chicken and it was not hot we eat out every day breakfast, dinner,tea

the all inclsive bar had vodka ,gin,raki and watered down **** for beer. money went missing from our room despite being locked in our suitcase.we booked 2 rooms as there was 4 of us but only got 1 room between us .the room was ok but the shower was always cold. Complained to the management no response three times nearly got in a fight with the rude waiter. Only saw the rep when we arrived, do not under any circumstances use this hell hole. Got trapped in the lift dropped from the 3rd floor to the lounge floor 3 flighs. This was our all inclusive worst night mare.

• Holiday details: Sep 2012, booked with Direct Holidays
  • Advice: dont go
by peddleach

relaxing holiday

"Just returned from a 2 week holiday with my husband and 2 children. I have to inform people not to be worried about negative feedbacks.

On the arrival we met friendly staff, I requested room close to the pool as having young child , and we were given a spacious clean room, 1 double and 2 single beds.

Positives

Plenty of food, different salads and hot meals, enough for everyone. You would not expect fish and chips or traditional English meals , as we were in Turkey and not England.

Nice pool, drinks were ok - remember how much you paid for this holiday before requesting expensive drinks.

Room was cleaned daily and sheets changed every 3 days.

Lovely beach, clean sea water , yes there is a charge for sun-beds as is the same for any hotels in Turunc.

Cons

Journey from the airport was 3 hours long and going through mountains was kind of scary as there is no road side protection. I will take boat journey next time.....

Entertainment was not great - apart from Turkish Night every wednesday there wasn't much going on around the hotel. Sill there were boat trips during the day or night if you wanted to.

I will definitely return to Turunc again :) Lovely break and friendly people.

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: be friendly and talk to locals
by mia

our holiday was great

"was a lovely hotel with friendly helpfull staff, on arriving wasnt happy with small room so asked to be changed which they did next day. you get what you pay for, was comfortable, clean, and food ok , never went hungry and neither did the kids. lovely walk in bar opposite hotel run by turkish man called di di. had a lovely time there and had entertainment most nights in this bar, kids really welcomed. The beach is just a stroll away and the beaches are lovely. A small place but lovely just to walk round, shops, restaurants, harbour, parks, market on mondays. only thing we found was the transfers from airport and also for excursions were long , just short of 2 hrs but worth it. would defenately go again, went to marmaris last year but prefered turunc. we will be back and would def stay at my meric hotel!"

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Lastminute
  • Advice: go to beach, go to di dis walk in bar, all inclusive was great for us
by saralee

fantastic holiday

"my husband and i stayed here for two weeks.in june rooms were spotless cleaned every and if you put dirty towels in bath when dirty the cleaner changes them.food was a bit repetive but you could always find something nice.waiters in dining room were all very friendly.yes the pool bar shuts at six and the pool which was a shame but they had to clean everything for the evening.It would have been nice if it stayed open till twelve, but you could go out there was still plenty of bars open. the views from the hotel are fantastic ,turunc is a beautifull relaxing place to just chill out which we did. the lads at the pool bar worked realy hard and if you treated them with respect they treated you the same way and i would go back to my meric like ashot ."

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Med Hotels
  • Advice: keep pool open till half six or get another pool
by pcon

Worst hotel ever

"Where do I start this is where we went on our honeymoon at first it look good but oh what a shock we had we got there at 1.30am with our children and friend and when we got there we asked if we could get some milk 4 our toddler and was told it's all shut and would have 2 go with out we went 2 our rooms and they looked lovely until we put our daughter 2 bed and it fell apart on us was like a chds hospital bed but worse no kettle in our room so no drink till the morning any morning came and we went 2 get breakfast what a shock grose and dinner and lunch wernt any better made me ill and was always left overs from the day b4 what ever u do don't touch the chicken kebab as they cut it while it's still raw we spoke 2 the manager and he was so rude then we was told we couldn't have any more towels as my daughter got make up on 1 and now they had 2 wash them b warned u don't get cleaned towels they r dried and reused by every1 there was 1 person there who was helpful and our kids loved him dolphin is his name and he's brill but I realy don't recommend any 1 stayin here the town it's self is lovely we found a lovely bar nirvana bar lovely owner he was a saint gave us milk on the first night 4 our baby she loved him and the restaurant bar just down the road serves the best food ever just ask 4 gary it was lovely and they were very polite so go 2 turunc but don't stay at the my meric hotel BEWARE of this place ps all the locals call it faulty towers so speaks 4 Itself realy"

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, booked with A1 travel
  • Advice: Stay away from the hotel every where else there is lovely
by Pinkyplumber

holiday

"WHERE DO I START.

The hotel looked nice on the top layer but yes there were lots of smaller problems, food was very basic and boring, rooms need sprucing up, staff who were working there well the majority of them were ignorant and oh my god did they smell obviously washing and changing clothes was a no no.

the couple that both my partner and i found who were actually very helpful was the young man on the pool bar Sal and the one speaking English receptionist. the main big problem was really the water no hot water to wash or shower in and the food being used day after day just re heated.

now i had lots of problems but surprise surprise not with the hotel but with the reps of the company called Libero Tours they were the most unhelpful tour rep i had ever met.

the only time the hotel tried to put on any better service than what we had been getting is when they had a meeting of a group of Turkish delegates staying then the food got slightly better and the shower ran hot.

now i have been to Turkey before and did not expect the standard to be so low as in other places it was slightly higher and yes you do get what you pay for but hey is it not good PR to ensure the guest keep coming back and bringing new ones with them.

now insiders tell me form the hotel that at the start of the new season next year people who had complained about the hotel etc would be put on the data base and would not be allowed to stay there well my guess is it wont be long before there are no guests.

and as for all inclusive well ok thats a laugh

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Sky Holidays
  • Advice: yes only to say dont go
by chrisbaby

What do you expect for what you are paying

"My meric gets a bit of a bad rep - the food although quite limited is fine - you may want to eat out a few times to break it up as it is quite repetitive. We found the hotel basic but pleasant - the walk in bar across the road is great - and Turunc is beautiful - its a really peaceful village with amazing views - you are not pestered into resturants or shops and everyone is friendly - it had loads of nice bars and we had a great time - in fact we are going back again!"

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, All Inclusive, booked with lowcost
  • Advice: basic but friendly!
by Bobby

The only pounds you will lose in this hotel are out of your wallet

"Where do i start, i have travelled all over the world and many times too Turkey and without exception this is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in, it took about 3 hours to get there over the mountain road that didnt have any safety barriers and the driver looked half asleep and kept pouring water over himself. When we finally did arrive the hotel reception didnt look too bad but we had to wait ages until our room got sorted on the 3rd floor. The lift didnt work so we had to carry our own bags up to our room, the room itself was quite spacious but it had mold on the walls and the plaster was hanging off. We then went down to see if we could get a drink none was available and the drinks machine was broken. Breakfast consisted of eggs that looked and felt like golf balls apart from 2 days when we got fried eggs. You have to cut the bread yourself and there was never any fresh juice. Dinner was a joke, its was just the same old food served up day after day, the chicken is served up with all the skin and bones usually in a broth, the chef is extremely grumpy and only gives you minute portions and you could tell they didnt like giving you more if you went back. There is never any deserts of any description, they serve all the drinks in re-used plastic cups that are rinsed with cold water and the spirits are all watered down. but all that aside what concerned me the most was the staff stealing your belongings, money mobile phone. Over the 1st week i was there i noticed that i was losing the odd 20 quid but i just thought i was over spending until one day 300 went missing, i tried reporting it to the hotel and they were not interested they said you are insued contact your insurance company, went to local police and didny get much joy. I spoke to some of the other residents who also said they had stuff go missing, apparanly everyone in the hotel knows the overide number for the lock, which is 161616, the safety box itself is not secured to the wall so anyone can walk away with it. So the rest of my holiday i carried my valuables around with me. On a plus point the area is very nice, with spectacular views with great fish and shop across the road and some great bars and restraunts. PLEASE dont book this hotel you will regret it and have the worst time of your live. I coulnt wait for my holiday to finish. Before I forget the swimming pool which is located on the 3th floor is always freezing cold, they dont use chlorine in the water, several people slipped on the tiles and the artificail grass alongside the pool it is a death trap. You also dont get any shade. If you do want to escape to marmaris you can catuch a bus for about 5 pounds single or catch the boat taxis which is good value. You have been warned."

by Jmaie

wonderful holiday

" just come back from a lovely holiday yet again at the my meric turunc. this time we had two weeks. one day we had no water for showers ,toilet etc, so what it didn`t kill us,the food was better than last year, yes there was a bit of mould around our bath but it was kept clean by the maid who came in every day. the staff were all lovely and very helpful, the pool area was kept spotless and the boys worked very hard even in 40 degree heat, if you really dont like the food there are really nice places to eat nearby,but if you are paying all,inc the food really isnt that bad. we are hoping to go back again next year"

by clean up fairy

mymeric hotel

"the hotel would have been nice if the staff did not steal your money passport or moible phone jewelery and know the override number to your safe in your room and you had hot food and not the food that was there at dinner time dished up again at tea time and the same repeated food everyday i love turkey and have been several times and different areas but i must say this hotel is the worst one i have ever stayed in"

• Holiday details: Oct 2009, All Inclusive, booked with a1 travel
  • Advice: no
  • Activities: water taxis
by pretoria

1 2 37 »

Map for My Meric Hotel Closest airport: Rhodes Diagoras (RHO) 27 miles

My Meric Hotel photos (1 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for My Meric Hotel
  • by cheeky monkey09

" Walking to Amos the next village hard work but totally worth it for the stunning views. "

• by lesley tabares

" the walk in bar and dream boys the place to go for fun nights "

• by Darren1414

" Musti's boat, tour to different bays for swim and sunbathe excellent cruise. (Book through J&Mintown "

• by mccolgant

" Fidan, The Hun and Friar Tucks and enjoyed water taxis to Icmeler and Marmaris "

• by Hunnybunnymunchkin

" Pasha for a great curry, Sahin for Turkish Pide and Dream Boys funpub. Jeep Safari with J&M Travel "

• by Lisa000

" The beach was brilliant and the water taxis to Icmeler and Marmaris well worth it for the view alone "

• by a fellow traveller

" Friendly people beautiful scenery not for party animals "

• by a fellow traveller

" Nothing for kids so you need to plan that. Bars open late but not noisy like Marmaris "