Aparthotel Golden Avenida Suites

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Aparthotel Golden Avenida Suites

Enter your dates:

1 2 312 »
Nightmare by Stephanie B

The rooms are clean and spacious but getting a sun bed by the pool is a complete nightmare. People are queuing for several hours before the doors to the pool open and then there is once mad crazy rush to get a sub bed with everyone pushing each other to get through to the front.

Food was repetitive and boring. The children s menu was pretty much the same daily - smiley faces, hot dogs and spaghetti. The quality of the food was shocking. Lunch was made out of the left overs from the previous evening.

There was very little entertainment for kids that didn't want to go to the kids club and the pools as taken over of an afternoon by men s water polo.

The all inclusive is a joke too. Its a case of all inclusive with a supplement. Most of the drinks come with a surcharge even if you are all inclusive and this includes tea and coffee in the restaurant.

The restaurant is more like a school dining hall. Small, cramped and many tables squashed into a small area that becomes feeding time at the zoo on a evening for evening meals.

Don't go....it is the worst holiday we have ever had.

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Dont bother with the all inclusive option.

Family Oriented by The Austins

My wife and i have just returned from this hotel. First of all, i would like to say that if you like a Butlins with sun then this is a fantastic place. If you are a couple like we were then you will find it not only noisy in the pool area, but they seem to put couples overlooking a noisy main road which is very close to nightclubs. When it is school holidays you will find it very difficult to get a sunbed without putting your towel on them to reserve them. However, the staff are very friendly including the reps and very helpful.Entertainment was good if you like cheesy,but as i've said before, suits families.The rooms themselves are in need of refurbishment but clean.You are close enough to the beach and bars/restaurants which vary in prices. Overall, this was not our sort of place but we understand that others would have loved it.

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, Room Only, booked with Thomson

Fantastic holiday by B

My partner,myself, daughter and her boyfriend have just come back from 2 fantastic weeks at the Golden Avenida we could'nt fault it, everybody from the people at reception right down to the cleaning ladies were brilliant.Would just like to mention the main man in the dining room Javier he was always smiling, cheerful and very friendly, also all the guys in the bar love you all If we go back next year we hope they are all still their.

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently

very good by dana

Stayed here in 2010.Lovely hotel. Noisy from the streets at night at the weekends when spanish youth are hedding back from the night clubs.Clean,modern,helpfull staff,happy staff at the bar.Would love to stay again.

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, Room Only, booked with Thomson

fantastic by bongo

just got back from a week at avenida suites, it was very clean,food was good,staff was fantastic and the kids club was amazing(so my 8yr old son said). the pool was clean. The cleaners kept the rooms clean and tidy, the reps were great 2 ! will deffo go back there !!!

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, Room Only, booked with Thomas Cook

Poorly Run Hotel by summer

Ive just returned from a week stay at the Avenida Park hotel.

Myself husband and two children arrived late to the hotel to find ourselves allocated to a non pool view room which had two pillows for four people! I called down to reception to ask for a room change to my request of a pool view and was told pool views are request only and extra pillows were not possible! There was a shortage of pillows and they were in the process of getting some from neighbour hotels to call back down tomorrow..

The next day myself and my friend who had also asked for pool view bk in january when we all booked came to reception with me to request a late check out on our departure day, we were told to come bk at the end of the week.

we left the hotel to go food shopping with the children to the "supermarket on site" shops which turned out to be a 20 min walk there and 20mins bk..

We arrived bk at the hotel to have a night cap with the children out at the pool and at 12am got asked to move inside, after moving inside the barman came over at 1am and said the bar was closing so we all bought two drinks each, little did we know that when the bar closes at 1am for last orders it also closes for the guests to stay in.. This was very disapointing also.. In peak season july to be thrown out of the bar at 1am.. There was also a slight issue with personal hygiene from the bar staff, a strong swet oder came from the male members of staff. This went on every night, on my second night stay i eventually got one extra pillow and when i asked for one more to make four for the four people in my room i was told again "not possible"..

The last straw was at the end of the week when we came to request a late check out we were told "not possible" we asked for a duty manager but were told they don't have any manager available in the evenings to call bk tommorrow. we came bk the next morning to be told the maximum time we could stay in that room was until 1pm, Even though they knew we arrived late and our flight would be departing late. myself husband my friend and her boyfriend had to entertain four children aged between 4 and 12 for seven hours in the heat with no showers before our flight.. It was an absaloute disgrace! Please make sure You make the right choice for your holiday ours was not. It was what we made it, The female kids club staff were excellent with the children that was the only bonus! Between the both families we paid four thousand euros,for small rooms with sofa beds!

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, Room Only, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Organisation!

excellent place to stay by luzaden

just returned from the golden avenida park salou i have stayed there a few times over the past ten years and it still havent lost its touch! the staff are happy and very helpful the food is lovley! the location is great the rooms are spacious and cleaned regular and the pool is lovley oh and the entertainment! this is the place to go if you want to stay in salou!

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, half board, booked with Thomson

amazing holiday ! by holidaylover

ive just returned from a two week holiday in the golden avendia hotel with my husband and two teenagers and we loved it ! the staff were brilliant and the cleaners were great! my daughter was sick at night on the second day and the cleaners changed the sheets straigtt away! the reps and entertainers were jus brilliant! gave us all a great laugh :)! we ate in the hotel for the whole two weeks and we loved it! the food was absolutley amzing! espically the pork and choclate cheescake

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: ask for a pool facing room

Best Ever by TARZAN

Just back from salou,what a great holiday,the avenida suites has to be the best i have ever stayed in,entertainment brill ,day time games great,food great,staff very friendly,kids club kept my 9 and 5 year old busy,rooms clean and spacious,i am going back next year and cant wait.ps david the entertainer is a credit to the hotel.

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Room Only, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Shops are brill

Excellent by Emz

Excellent hotel

The rooms were cleaned every morning,the rooms are big enough for 4 of a family, cleaners are very trusting, excellent staff that would do anything for you and help you in any way they can.

The out door swimming pool was excellent starts of shallow then works its way down to the deep end, life gaurd there at all times,also a jaquzzi.

Excellent games to play during the day for kids and adults

The indoor swimming pool was also very good with a jaquzzi in there aswell.

Entertainment at night in hotel was excellent, food was also great at hotel, ate out a few nights and best places for me was Olivers and uncle sams they are right beside each other.

Hotel very handy to the beach which is only a 10 minutes away, also close to portaventurea you could walk or take the bus, loads of bus stops just around the corner from hotel.

Highly recommanded for familys, would defenitly go back was the best holiday we have had yet and the most friendlyest staff i have ever seen.

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: We didnt leave the hotel much as there was entertainment on and we didnt want to miss it.

Amazing by C

For all these people on here complaining about this hotel must indeed be very hard to please people. In a months time I will be going back to this hotel for the 9th year in a row. This hotel may not be the poshest but for a 3* who is asking for more. I have met some amazing people here and this is one of the main reasons we are still going back. Tgere is so much to do and take part in within the hotel that some years we dont manage ti do everything else we wanted to! The rooms are great including cooking equipment for easiness. The only downfall of this hotel is thompson but from what I hear dont know if they will be staying at the hotel. Pool is great a baby pool and big pool so everyone can join in. Close to everything yet not to noisy for the centre. Some amazing attractions and days out to enjoy too. All the staff are amazing and its them too that make us want to go back. Overall it is a great holiday for all ages and I think I will always be going back,!

Superb Hotel by RieandMatt

My holiday to Salou was booked as a budget holiday for a pre summer getaway. This hotel and the resort more than exceded my expectations. I had an amazing time. The staff are extremeley friendly and accomodating. It is a very family orientated hotel so if you are going as a family it is perfect, I would still recommend for couples without children as long as you like being around them as they are everywhere and can be heard until late at night. If you like a night out and want to roll in at all hours i wouldnt recommend this, as we did this only one night out of 14 and got complaints, so it really is a family hotel. The rooms are kept very clean, they have basic ammenities but everything you need. the balcony's are a superb size and the pool view is truely lovely. I left my values out of a safe for 2 weeks and nothing was touched i felt very secure withing the hotel. The hotel entertainment was good, but again aimed for families rather than adults despite not starting until 10pm. I didnt eat at the hotel so i cannot comment on the food, but the local restaurants are very nice.the local shops,bars and restaurants are all in close walking distance as is the beach alike, the people of salou are very friendly, however the reps become slightly annoying after a week or so. this was an extremeley fun packed holiday, weather was great and I will definately be returning!

• Holiday details: May 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently

1 2 312 »

Stayed at Aparthotel Golden Avenida Suites? Share your insight.

Aparthotel Golden Avenida Suites also called

• aparthotel golden avenida park salou
  • Address: Pompeu Fabra, 26, Salou 43840, Spain

Map for Aparthotel Golden Avenida Suites Closest airport: Reus Salou (REU) 5.3 miles

Top traveller tips for Aparthotel Golden Avenida Suites
  • by AB Happy

" Great for theme park and beach-so much choice to keep all ages happy "

• by B

" The harbour is beautiful at dusk. "