Las Piramides

Service: 6.5/10
Food: 5/10
Cleanliness: 6.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Las Piramides

Enter your dates:

1 2 316 »
Ideal if u want to be surrounded by groups of young folk dead set on getting intoxicated. by Ang777

Was given a cell for a room that I will show pictures of. Staff quickly turned frosty once I refused to accept the room. Given another room reluctantly that was very shabby with bed springs poking through mattress. Someone from flat above us threw up and it landed all over our balcony which we reported straight away but still had not been cleaned bu the time we checked out at 12 the next day! Crowed of guys moved in to apartment across the corridor from us and played a lot of chap door runaway! They also thought it would be funny to pee against our door. Reported this but like sick on balcony wasn't cleaned either. I honestly could go on and on but I think you get the gist !! Restaurant staff were very nice and the food was good and plentiful if repetitive. Watch out for security man who will lunge at you with a pair of scissors to remove your wristband as soon as it approaches 11:59am. If u want to go for a stag or hen holiday and drink yourself into oblivion then you will love this place. By the way, the pictures show view from only window which didn't lock!

• Holiday details: Nov 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Don't

My first Holiday Abroad by Jean S

I went with my Daughter, 20yr old Granddaughter & 5yr old Grandson & it was Great, really lovely room & plenty of space, Good food, Staff really friendly, good location & lovely & clean. My one bad report was some of the towels were marked when left for clean in our Bathroom. I would definitely stay there again.

Jean from Doncaster

• Holiday details: Mar 2013, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Just go & enjoy

problems by charlie 73

We went to Playa De Las Americas, Tenerife, on Tuesday 22nd of January 2013 and we, (my wife and I) stayed at the Las Piramides Resort, which is on Calle Victor Zurita Soler 4, on a half board basis with Thomson Holidays, and this was our experience. Every word is true.

Las Piramides Resort is in a convenient position down the hill from the Columbus Aparthotel, and not very far from the Veronicas area and the beach.

The first night we stayed there, we went down to the lower ground floor dining area for a buffet style dinner. We waited quite a long time in the queue and while we waited I watched a chef, flash frying what I presumed was steak. Now to flash fry beef, the beef has to be of a reasonable quality. This beef, when we got it was totally uneatable. Generally, the buffet food was of a poor quality. The flavours were decidedly poor, even the chicken that first night was tough and had an odd taste. We tried the breakfast the next morning. Unfortunately that was no better. Even the cornflakes tasted stale. We went down to dinner the second evening, hoping that there would be an improvement, but no, it was no better. We didn’t eat anything else at Las Piramides for the rest of our week’s holiday.

The second morning, Wednesday, I had to go to reception and complain of cockroaches in our room. It was room 1261 on the second floor. Reception said they would have our room cleaned. If they cleaned our room or not, it made no difference, we still had cockroaches in our room. I even found one hiding in my shoes. Luckily, I shook my shoes before putting them on, you know, like the cowboys do with scorpions. The third morning, Thursday 24th, I went to reception again to complain of cockroaches. This time they said they would spray the room. This was when the desk manager became involved and he said we may be able to change rooms. Eventually it was decided that we would be able to change rooms, but not until Friday afternoon. He said that we could not change rooms immediately because the hotel was at 100% occupancy and no rooms were empty. We had no way of knowing if this was true, but if it was, then it means that in the event of an emergency, nothing can be done for guests who need a quick room change. When I pointed this out later to the Thomson Rep, she said that 100% occupancy was acceptable to Thomsons. On Friday morning after another night with the cockroaches, we had to pack our suitcases and vacate room 1261 before midday, they would not let us move from one room to the other (20 metres away). We put our suitcases in a departure room and we were asked to return for the key of our new room (1269) at 1.30 or 2pm. I can think of only one reason for our having to vacate before midday, and that is because the hotel intended to welcome other guests to our old room 1261 that same afternoon. We left the hotel and went shopping for a few bits and pieces to take home to UK. We returned to Las Piramides at about 2.30pm and we were given the key of room 1269. We took our luggage to room 1269 and we found two cleaners still in the room. We left our luggage in the room and put the things we had just bought in a drawer. We then left the hotel, with the two cleaners still in our room. Some hours later when we returned to the hotel to unpack our suitcases, my wife noticed that the articles we had bought earlier that day were missing. We looked everywhere to no avail. This really was the last straw. Back to reception I went and they said the cleaners had gone home and I would have to come to reception next morning (Saturday). On Saturday morning at about 9 or 9.30am the hotel’s housekeeper came to our room and returned our goods. I told her that I was going to go the police. It was almost comical because she said she didn’t understand English. I said police, politzei and when I said policia she understood. She became so agitated that I asked her to leave our room but she came back with the desk manager within three minutes. The desk manager really showed himself up when he didn’t even know who we were, in spite of our talking to him more than once about the cockroaches. This leads me to conclude that he didn’t see us as people at all and we were no more than units of profit or loss to him. Following the conversation with the desk manager (who understood English perfectly, he was born in London), I telephoned Thomsons international helpline. A meeting was arranged for Sunday morning at the Thomson desk in the hotel. We made a statement to Bethan, the Thomson rep. She was experienced, friendly and helpful, unfortunately, she had not long ago arrived from the Greek islands, she didn’t know the hotel very well and she didn’t speak Spanish, so it looked like a visit to the police was a non starter. Bethan said she would discuss our problems with the hotel management and asked us to see her on the following day (Monday) at 11.15am. On Monday morning, Bethan offered us a 5% refund of our total holiday costs, which we accepted, on condition that I was not to be prevented in any way from expressing my anger to Thomsons or online. Las Piramides management delivered the final insult by apologising to Thomsons but at no time did they apologise to us or accept that the hotel was at fault. Room 1269 had no cockroaches but it did have a noisy fridge within 6 feet of my bed. I had to switch off the fridge circuit at the consumer unit at night in order to sleep. Plainly Las Piramides management are not aware that absorption fridges, (no compressor) are totally silent. I know without guessing that the desk manager does not sleep within 6 feet of a compressor fridge, but he expects his guests to.

To sum up. We were put to a great deal of trouble and stress by the Las Piramides management. I’m not even sure that this is the end of it. I have signed a document in final payment against Thomsons but I’ve signed nothing to say that I won’t act against Las Piramides. In my opinion, they should not be on Thomson’s list of acceptable hotels.

• Holiday details: Jan 2013, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: stay somewhere else.

Very nice hotel and good value for money by kerry&david91

We went to Las Piramides last October for a week. Very much enjoyed it, the hotel was lovely, the food was very nice and it was very clean. There are mixed reviews for all hotels because some people expect more than others. Our room was cleaned each day and the pool area was always clean and tidy. Very nice hotel and we are planning to go back in august. Can not Wait!!

The only downside to this hotel was the entertainment which sometimes did not turn up or there was nothing at all. But a holiday is what you make it, theres so much to do and its in the perfect location.

• Holiday details: Oct 2011, Booked Independently

had to pay componsation for chatting in my room after 12am by 12345adam12345

I am still hear at the hotel and can't wait to go home tbf the hotel ent the worsed hotel but far from 1 of the best I had sucurity gaurds bangin my down on the night sayin we was loud when we was just chillin an chatting the hotel made use pay 100 pound compensation and 150 depo an iv we talk after 12 we will lose the depo the staff are very unfair hear thay don't say can u be quite nothink like that thay just hit u with a fine so if u want to go on holiday an have a good time don't go hear. Iv seen other reviews sayin the same about the security so it ent the first time this has happened

• Holiday details: Jan 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: don't go there

Awful dirty hotel by Jean A

The room was full of cockroaches, towels were full of holes, fridge full of rust, pillows full of lumps. Sun beds are stacked 8 to 10 high each night and in the morning you have to lift your own down...this is unacceptable for the amount of older people there. Food was awful (unless you like fish fingers which reappeared each day)

I am amazed that Thomsons holidays use this hotel

I suggest your managers read some of the comments in the hotel comment

book. (kept in the dining room..near the door)

• Holiday details: Jan 2013
  • Advice: Cancel immediately

This place is a noisy **** hole, avoid like the plague by toxylad

Beds uncomfortable, 1 euro an hour to watch TV, very noisy, slamming doors keep you awake at night, pool not heated in winter.

If you are self catering then don't expect to be able to cook any proper meals and even Ray Mears would struggle to cook breakfast.

The entertainment at night was okay in a cheesy kind of way.

The rooms were cold at night and they only supply you with one flimsy blanket. I think the beds were purchased as a job lot when we withdrew our troops from Iraq.

Only plus is that it is in an okay location for restaurants and bars and sea.

• Holiday details: Nov 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Stay out as much as you can and rent a room in another hotel.

awful, don't go by ads111

All bad feedbacks is true. We where surprised what we saw. Even egypt three star hotel can suggest more than this one. In hotel description you can see that hotel have entertainments but everything what we heard about it when we asked receptionist was, if we want animation, we have to go to five or four star hotels...later we saw that sometimes in to hotel comes people with eagles and reptile shows which takes about 10-20 min. And this is it, everything ends with that couple times in a week. Food.. nothing good, no choice, not tasty, fish and chips and fries with hamburger meat we can buy in quick food restaurants. We came to Spain so we espect to have spanish food, we missed prowns. English food only. All week food was the same, only seafood was fish. For vine you have to pay, nowhere in spain in all inclusive plan we didn't pay for vine yet. TV... need to pay... we were in many hotels, but nowhere we didn't see that you have to pay for tv... location is good, but hotel **** , for that same price you can stay in a better hotel with better service, because hotels are next to each other. Plus no air condotioner, mabye in some rooms they have cond but mostly of them don't, so you never know which room they will give you. Rooms cleaned and towels changed only two three times in a week. Stuff is rude. If u ask something so they don't know, look lost, or even look scared. I even can't say that hotel is clean, in the end of the day pool area is full of rubbish and no one is tyding up that. All inclusive drinks is absolutely misunderstanding, if you ask something, they dont have, if you ask samething else - pay. If they are doing things like that, so they should make a list of drinks that you have to pay for all inclisive. rubbish this hotel, not recomend, and I don't understand who can go to that hotel second time. And there you can't say that you get for what you pay, plus we killed cocroaches every single day. In restaurant we saw cocroaches too. I was afraid even stay in the room because you never know with who you are :D.. every night you can hear noise, sleepless nights. Before we had holidays and we paid less for better hotels, better quality and services. I am trying to find advantages there but everything what I can find only minuses. There is many more things to say what is wrong about this hotel, I just recomend do not go to that hotel, awful.

• Holiday details: Nov 2012, Booked Independently
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks

Dont go! by jtaylor

Just got back after spending a week there it was horrible, if your looking for a relaxing holiday it isnt the place for you. Its full of loud teenagers as it is very close the the night clubs and bars. The rooms were not clean, towels old and worn. Cockroaches everywhere and in the rooms! one shot up my arm in the airport, it must have crawled into my bag! This place doesnt have air con in the rooms and you have to pay for a fan, pay for TV pay for everything! CRAP

Cheap and cheerful by foxy

Just spent a long weekend at this hotel. Admittidly on a stag do. And had a great time.

Before departing the UK i had a read of the reviews, which were not good and was dreading it a little.

On arrival at the hotel it did look rather plain from the outside but as soon as we entered the reception it was clean, chilled and welcoming.

After a gypseys warning from the manager about behaving ourselves we moved to our rooms.

The room was clean & basic, but functional and better than i had expected.

The larger pool of the 2 was clean and never really got too busy.

The bar staff were friendly and drinks were readily available.

The highlight of this hotel was the food served in the main resturant. Everyone commented on how good this was. It was far from the bland mass produced food expected from an all inclusive.

All in all, a good location. If you want cheap & cheerful then this is for you.

However, i would not take my wife and child to this hotel............. in fact i probably wouldn't take them to tenerife!

Tenerife is what it is! Don't go there if your expecting to have a quiet romantic getaway for 2.

• Holiday details: Mar 2012, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Good For: , City Breaks

Basic, clean and tick in all the required boxes. by Mark S

All I can say is lovely, freindly, clean, basic hotel, which I WILL be using again.

Nothing too much of a problem, good location, no point up grading to the 'sky' package there is no choice or point.

My room was right above the bar, but they were very considerate.

Remember what you are paying and what you are getting!

See you at Easter!

• Holiday details: Dec 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: If you are English do not bother with 'Sky ' package.

Don't listen to bad reviews by 2 couples - Notts

Two couples Jan 2012

Please remember that this is a three star hotel and excellent value for money !!

Location and service very good. we asked for extra pillows and they arrived within two hours.

Room and facilities very good kettle, fridge and microwave in a studio on all inclusive basis. Beds comfortable.

Good selection of drinks and snacks at pool bar. efficient service throughout hotel.

Very little noise in hotel or around pool- plenty of stag and hen groups but they were not rowdy.

Food very good- plenty of selection - some repetition obviously- but that can be expected. went to restaurant at different times and food not always hot but there is a microwave to reheat food if needed.

generally a very enjoyable holiday- remember if you want five star standards you have to pay five star money.

• Holiday details: Jan 2012, All Inclusive, booked with low cost holidays

1 2 316 »

Stayed at Las Piramides? Share your insight.

Las Piramides also called

• las piramides hotel
  • las piramides playa de americas
  • las piramides tenerife
  • Address: Avenida Americas S/N, 38660 Arona, Tenerife 38660, Spain

Map for Las Piramides Closest airport: Tenerife South Reina Sofia (TFS) 10 miles

Las Piramides photos (4 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Las Piramides
  • by clairejackson1984

" Loro Parque, Siam Park - both a must!! Martini Italian restaurant was superb! "

• by sparkman

" we prefer the columbus across the road "

• by summer123

" its digusting dirty noisey hotel "

• by Beckyboo_01

" Siam Park is a must! "

• by a fellow traveller

" I would definitely book here again!! "

• by Pamela & Nicola

" Do not pay 50 Euro for 'Mayhem night' it is not a bargain! Leonardo's on the main stip to the right of the hotal is a great starting point "

• by Dave

" Siam Park and Snorkeling at the beach "