Aparthotel Cay Beach Sun

Food: 6/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Aparthotel Cay Beach Sun

1 2 37 »
Fantastic and relaxing holiday

"We booked the Cay Beach apartment hotel through A1 travel and stayed for 11 nights from May 28th 2014. Hubby and I found the room(256) clean and in excellent position overlooking the pool with sea view and sun on balcony all day. All the staff very helpful and FOOD WAS GOOD. We had booked all inclusive and I was a bit apprehensive when I had read the reviews, but hey..you can't please everyone.

Breakfast:the usual English type, Scrambled and/or fried eggs, beans and Spanish sausage or bacon, cold meats varieties of bread and plenty fruit not forgetting the cereals.

Lunch: variety of salad with fresh prawns or mussels some days, a choice of meats fish or pasta every day and chef cooked on the spot. Dinners were similar to lunch with some changes.

Cakes were lovely, beer and wine on tap for A/I.

The are 3 outdoor pools at the hotel, one is tailored for the kids with shutes and looked good fun. there is also an indoor pool and gym.

Playa Blanca is a lovely resort, we preferred it to Puerto Del Carmen and Tequise. It's was a windy 15 minutes walk to the beach, but worth it. The harbor and town are good to have a browse.

The recreation girl was Spanish and very friendly, she provided the entertainment for the kids, they all seemed to love her.

the only downside I found about the hotel was the lack of adult entertainment at night. We would have been quite content to sit outside around the pool bar with some music at night but the pool bar closed at 6pm and there was only the downstairs bar open.

To sum up..We would definitely return, the hotel is great value for money and you can always find entertainment at the bars along the prom.

Highly recommend this hotel, its very good for kids and couples especially to relax. Pat and Jim Fae from Scotland.

• Holiday details: Apr 2014
by patsyn jim

At you peril

"We made the booking here last august 2013 through Travel Republic. On our arrival on February 22nd we were told by the male receptionist on duty that our Apt was not available due to broken pipes and would transferred to its the sister hotel The Royal. On finding our Apt at The Royal we were disgusted by the smell of urine In the Apt and returned to the reception of the Cay Beach to complain and seek alternate accommodation.

Upon informing the receptionist he became very angry and started shouting in Spanish at us. Unperturbed I stood my ground and insisted he find us a better alternative to which he became very aggressive and started slamming his guest book with his fists. We stood our ground and refused to leave the reception. My friend Katherine who had recently buried her mother could not take any more of it and broke down in tears. Still the receptionist refused to help us and at one point told me to "shut up".

I requested to see the apartment with the broken pipes and he refused.

I then said that there was nothing wrong with the apartment but in fact they had over booked the hotel to which he brazenly said "yes"

I put it to him that he did not care what happened to us and he replied "yes"

My friend and I then decided to squat in the reception until the hotel had sorted us our accommodation. I asked for the manager and was told he would not be in work till Monday.

After about two hours an I Irish woman called Julie had heard of our plight and came to our rescue. She works in the industry on Lanzarote, and said she had heard enough complaints about this hotel as it was giving Playa Blanca a bad name. She put us up in her own Villa.

The following day the 23rd my husband got in contact with Travel Republic who in turn tried to chase down the Spanish agency responsible for the hotel. Later that day he was told that another room in the Cay Beach was offered. I was so intimidated by the receptionist I refused to go back to that hotel and in particular that receptionist. Julie and her husband put me up on their sofa for a second night. Bless them.

By the third day my husband booked us into another hotel, online. Additional cost €614.The best the Spanish agent Viajes Urbis would offer us is another resort in another part of the island.

Also on the third day Julie's Husband went back to the Cay Beach to request a complaint form. When he tried to leave with the form the same receptionist tried to physically obstruct him in the doorway from leaving the premises with the complaint form.

While he was there he heard another arriving customer request bed linen to which she was told she "would have to wait till the next morning"

This is a disgraceful place.

Book this hotel at your own peril.

• Holiday details: Feb 2014, booked with travelrepublic
  • Advice: Avoid
by Robert B

Horrible Experience

I requested to see the apartment with the broken pipes and he refused.

I put it to him that he did not care what happened to us and he replied "yes"

This is a disgraceful place.

Book this hotel at your own peril.

• Holiday details: Feb 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Don't know they would not us stay there.
by Robert B

You pay for it but dont get your holiday there

"We booked and paid in full months in advance, arrived and got told no room available. We were shipped off in a taxi to their sister complex which had no amenities and no entertainment with no local shops or even an open reception. Our rep (on the beach) did nothing to help and just said they knew nothing and should have been informed so they in turn could inform us before leaving the UK. They said everywhere was full and the only available complex with a room we would be required to pay an extra £600! Don't book through 'On the Beach' as they don't do anything and don't book this hotel because chances are you wont have a holiday there - we spoke to loads of people at the complex where we were sent and they had all had the same treatment. The only good thing about where we stayed was the rooms were better and the pool had just a couple of people using it. Other than that there was nothing there - a 10 day holiday ruined - I would never ever go to Lanzorote again and would encourage everyone not to book because you never know if that is where you will actually have your holiday."

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, booked with On The Beach
  • Advice: Before you go email or telephone direct and check you will have the holiday you paid for otherwise you will take legal advice
by furious person

April 2013

"Just got back from an amazing week at the Cay Beach Sun. I cant praise this hotel/apartments enough! Very clean, food was great, especially the pool bar snacks! Only a 10 minute walk to the lovely beach, with lots of bars and restaurants along the front.

Highly reccomend this hotel, its very good for kids and couples especially to relax.

Will deffinatly be coming here for another holiday soon :)

• Holiday details: Apr 2013, Booked Independently
by Dale T

'nice' easter family holiday!

"WELCOME - not the friendliest of welcomes if i'm honest... the staff did what they were paid to do... thats it!

ROOMS - lovely! bright, clean, great views and fantastic blcony/terraces, quite basic but that doesnt mean rough

FACILITIES - this place has all you need, you could live on site really! shop (CHEAP) pools are FREEZING and this spoilt our holiday as we like a pool based holiday! there is an indoor heated pool & jacuzzi, but kids cant use it!!! theres a football/basketball court, so the kids spnt all week here!

STAFF - nohing to write home about. they were a bit miserable, except the entertainment team, who were great

ENTERTAINMENT - great for kids, a few shows, good varied programme... not my kind of thing though, as it was a little too laid back, and not lively enough for me. the nightclub isnt a nightclub as we know it... its an indoor entertainment area and bar!!

ALL INCLUSIVE - quite average as all inclusive goes... plenty for everyone, but got a bit 'same old same old' by the end of the week!!

OUT N ABOUT - go out early, cause the nightlife stops at about half 10!!! this was a bit if a blow to us, as we like to be out late and having a laugh.. its just a bit slow here for us (we are used to marmaris and its open all hours!!!)

LOCATION - great location!! 5 mins from the town centre!

DO - go to the marina, both at night and on market day... its a great place!!

DON'T - expect a week in the pool.... its just too cold!!!!

• Holiday details: Nov 2011, booked with Sunshine.co.uk
by Julia R

Brilliant Complex - to be enjoyed.

"My Wife and I both in our early 50's just returned from a Weeks stay in Cay Beach Sun, Aparthotel Playa Blanca from April 28th - May 5th. We were allocated Apt 255 which we can only describe as being excellent with a wonderful all round view of the Complex.Apt spotless clean and well equipped. All Staff were exceptionally friendly, courteuos, helpful and welcoming. Outstanding On - Site Facilities in beautiful surroundings. Shop on site as cheap as the Supermacado's for the essentials. Great Restaurant which we availed of for the Evening Buffet for E12pp. Lovely Reception area with highly efficent Reception Staff who provided all the information we required. The offer of a complimentary afternoon food treat at the Pool Area was unique. Well lit routes to the various Apt Blocks after dark. Very quiet from 7pm onwards which suited us. No "noisy behaviour" of any sort which was ideal. Would recommend this Complex to anyone and will be returning. Welldone to all at Cay Beach Sun. Probably the best we have ever stayed at over many years."

• Holiday details: Apr 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Dont worry, be happy and enjoy.
by Cracker.

Perfect spot

"Just back from one week self catering with my sis. Apartments couldn't be better - clean, large, enough equipment to get by with basic catering, shop on site for essentials, good size balcony and our's was a sun trap in afternoon. Good couple of pools including a kiddies pool and another with waterslide and plenty of sun loungers. Lifeguard on duty for peace of mind, and full daily entertainment programme for all ages. If you want, you can buy breakfast, lunch or dinner in on-site restaurant with discount if you go full board for five days. Also just opened new bar/entertainment venue. We only visited for the rep's welcome meet but was very impressed and imagine it's very popular in height of summer.

Loved where apartments were based - 10mins stroll to and along the waterfront to either the marina or the main town centre, so toughest options all week were which way to wander for lunch, drinks or dinner. Lovely beach only 5 mins walk away. Resort overall was lovely.

In summary, loved it - recommend it - and we'll be back!!

• Holiday details: Mar 2011, Room Only, booked with Direct Holidays
by Griff

Great holiday

"Really enjoyed our stay here. Rooms nice and clean and serviced most days.Comfortable sun beds with cushions in the rooms. Hairdryer in room. Staff on reception very helpful and someone about all the time.

Handy little supermarket on site and cheaper than in town.

10 minute walk to beach and restaurants and shops. Nice walk along the sea front and in front of most of the restaurants. Good food to be had all around.

Go to Tipico Canario. Great food and really good staff.

Will definitely return

• Holiday details: Feb 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Quite a walk if you aren't too good on your feet
by monty43

Our 5th Visit

"This was our 5th stay at the Cay sun Beach and it suits us admirably. The apartments are clean and well equipped. We had a good sized balcony and the shower was excellent. Two Swimming pools.We generally use the apartments as a base and are out a lot visiting the delights of Playa Blanca. It is a 7 minute walk to the beach and only quarter of a hour to the town centre and the pedestrianised shopping area. The staff on reception are smashing.we go self catering and would suggest other follow our lead. The half board or all inclusive options are poor value and the food is sub standard. We prefer and enjoy eating out in one of the many good restaurants in the resort and our tops tips are Romantica for a special evening out, Los Hervideros for the most authentic Spanish restaurant,El Galeon for fresh fish and El Mandarin for the best Chinese food. worth going to Harp Bar in the evening for entertainment. Best for couples who want a quieter holiday. On tip we found the mini market on site to be a low standard the milk went off quickly and they did not open in the morning until later than advertised."

• Holiday details: Dec 2010, Room Only, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: We return many times so that speaks volumes for our opinion.
by wilko131

brilliant holiday

"myself, my husband and two children (4 & 2) have just returned from the cay sun beach. We had the best weeks holiday ever. the appartment was clean and well equiped. any problems were reqtified imediatly the staff were friendly and very efficient. the pool area was fantastic and the new pirate boat and slides fantastic for our kids. there was no entertainment but that was fine, although my 5 year old would have liked a disco!

the resort itself was a 15 mins walk the beach and resturants were brilliant, very family friendly. we are booking to go again next year. 1 week was not long enough!!

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, self catering, Booked Independently
by mollymouse

Great place

"Reception staff very helpful and friendly

Rooms cleaned every day,fresh towels left every day.

2 large pools,1 childrens pool and 1 bubble pool always sunbeds available.

Spar on site also restaurant and a night bar.

Not far from the main nightlife say about a 20 minute walk.

What i'll say is if your looking for a party dont go here its more for relaxing.

I'll be looking to go here again.

• Holiday details: Nov 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Great place for relaxing
  • Good For: , City Breaks
by stevie8288

1 2 37 »

Map for Aparthotel Cay Beach Sun Closest airport: Lanzarote (ACE) 14.2 miles

Top traveller tips for Aparthotel Cay Beach Sun
  • by mollymouse

" perfect family holiday with young children "

• by Griff

" If you're there for carnival you HAVE to go. It's like nothing you'll have seen before "

• by Julia Robinson

" ask for a groundfloor apartment... much more accessible from the pool "