Hotel Sol Pelicanos Ocas

Stayed at Hotel Sol Pelicanos Ocas?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Room: 7.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Food: 5.5/10
Value: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel Sol Pelicanos Ocas

Enter your dates:

« 15 6 7 »
Just come back from staying in... by Creamer

Just come back from staying in Pelicanos great holiday. There was 5adults,1child aged 9,were put on 13 floor only goes up to 14 but was o.k. Pool was great /food at snack bar was too. Only let down was food at lunch and dinner was the same for the 2weeks this spoilt the hotel. Had to be down for 8.00 in morning for sunbeds, towels would be removed from beds between 8.00/9.00 if no one was on beds, so stay there we had are breakfast in shifts. Acts of a night wasn’t bad kids enjoyed it. There was also allot of Spanish people that was every rude, walking into you, jumping in going in lifts pushing past. Market is just around corner not a bad one, got some bargains. Met allot of new friends, so did daughter without going in kids club some English kids looked bored. Would advise anyone to go there brilliant holiday. Also the first choice rep was very helpful. Just needs work sorted in dining room.

First Holiday I've been on without my... by E Lawton

First Holiday I've been on without my parents and thought it was excellent. Good Location, Good Maid Service, Bar Service was a bit slow at times (but barman was sexy :P)

Excellent Food, definitely caters for English people with a choice of pasta, burgers, Hot dogs and all meat. Friendly staff.

The only thing I can complain about was that the water kept going off for a couple of days but reception were doing everything they could about it. Also when we arrived we were disappointed to not have a pool view room but we still had an excellent view. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other people and I will most definitely be returning next year.

Me my husband and son (aged6) went... by T Mason

Me my husband and son (aged6) went for 1 week last June. We had a brilliant holiday.

The hotel was very clean, the staff were very helpful and friendly. The food was all good, we were half board and had no complaints. My son joined the mini kids club, it was excellent, best kids club I've seen by far. Plenty for kids to do with the play park etc. There are several pools and plenty of sunbeds so there are no problems in getting one. The beach is only 5 min walk away. The entertainment was fair. Some nights it was good and others we went out.

The kids club was involved with one nights entertainment of grease it was really good. There is plenty of bars, clubs near by for all ages. We had a fab holiday and would go back in a minute.

Hi, terrible smells coming from air... by P Lowcock

Hi, terrible smells coming from air conditioning into the room and the corridor this was on the 9th floor reported to the rep and reception nothing done about it. Other residents also complained about it. The food left a lot to be desired about, i have never seen meat and fish cooked on the same hotplate at the same time.

Brill Pool! by A TripAdvisor Member

Sol Pelicanos/ocas was a brilliant hotel and staff were very, very friendly. i would only give it 3 star because of the lack of activity in daytime. the pool was the best ever , it was very big with lovely fountains but you did get a bit sick off it. At night it is good to go to the Bar named STEPTOES about 50 feet off from the hotel, this bar has funny comedy and great for drinks, very cheap! Also at night the hotel was lit up and it was lovley. Good entertainment for children, with a playpark and a mini club. You can get the local papers from the handy gift shop next to the table tennis. Also the flight was fairly short and the room was brill and cool from the roasting hot sun!

all toghether the holiday was very good, but i would go to Benidorm again, but not to this hotel.

Class Hotel by 42

I and my wife have been staying at the hotel for many years in fact from when it was first opened, it just gets better every time we go. Since the refurbishment its star rating should have been improved, the food is some of the best we have had and having stayed in all the major hotels in benidorm I think we can make a fair assumption. My family is grown up now but, For familys this has to be the best complex in the whole of Benidorm with kiddy clubs and entertainment and most of all dedicated staff to watch over them. This hotel has a reputation for been friendly,clean helpfull staff,exellent food,fair entertainment,dissabilty friendly,and a marvelous location.

This year we are taking a party of 20 to this hotel knowing it can cater for everybody and no we are not of old gimmers we all enjoy good facilitys and a good party. So don't delay book today.

Great Hotel by A TripAdvisor Member

I have stayed here a few times and I really like it. I love the pool and found that I don't venture to the beach that much. I first stayed here back in 1995 and the changes and differences they have made since then are fantastic. There seems to be a lot of complaint about the food, I myself am veggie and found something to eat every time. I did get a little bit bored of the food but I would just put it down to me being a very fussy eater and veggie. The hotel carn't please eveyone, I personally think there is enough choice for all. The location is fantastic with bars around and about. I am only 24 and would say the hotel is geared to family's and the older folk, however it does not put me off as we just steped out of the hotel and were within seconds of bars and entertainment for our age. I love this hotel as a whole and will return again. I think the hotel deserves more than a 3* as stayed in the 4* "Bali" (The tallest one in Benidorm) and thought it was very poor.

I have been coming to Benidorm since a small child on family holidays, then teenage girly holidays and now romantic holidays with my boyfriend and have loved all my holiday's to Benidorm. People say Benidorm is like "Blackpool in the sun" yes in a way it is but there is a lot more to Benidorm than that. These people have probably never ventured from the arcades and english bars, maybe they should try Valencia, Waterfalls, Altea, Waterparks, Calpe, Markets as these are great days out and Benidorm is a great base for them. Ps I hate blackpool with a passion but love Benidorm x

food for thought by A TripAdvisor Member

enjoyed my stay in the ocas room clean pool area superb bar staff freindly entertainment not to bad either.oh its such a pitywe had too use the dinning area.a bit like groundhog day basically the same menu every day with the twist that they put it in various positions.food tempreture left a lot to be desired.staff looked browned off too,not very cheery. but still liked this hotel.

Excellent!!! by A TripAdvisor Member

Having stayed in the Pelicanos 16 times over the past 7 years i have to dis-agree with the post above regarding almost every statement made about the Sol Pelicanos/Ocas! If you didnt think the choice of food etc was good then i challenge you to spend a week in a guest house in Blackpool where you get what your given!! Not a choice of over 10-15 different foods every night! The rooms have always been cleaned to a high standard with replacement towels everyday! (You have a phone to ask reception dont u?) I think having stayed in the hotel 16 times we would have come across the problem you have reported!

The hotel has a huge lagoon swimming pool with 2 bars! wat more can one want on a hot mediterrean day! Close to the beach and 100yrds from the main bar area! Heaven! One to recommend!

mixed report by A TripAdvisor Member

Beware of room 1034. If you get allocated this room on arrival check for a rotten smell. We were given this room when we stayed fro 9/10/04 to 16/10/04. What a rotten smell, it came from air conditioning unit. It took 4 days before they agreed to move us, as we were only staying a week it totally spoilt holiday. As for entertainment in hotel we are still looking. despite it being half term there was no kids club on and the adult entertainment was very poor or non existant.

The good points, well no complaints over food it was varied and lots of it. The pool was very good also. And the room we eventually got was good too.

So be warned about room 1034

Excellent hotel!! by A TripAdvisor Member

The Sol Pelicanos/Ocas hotel is amazing, the best hotel in Benidorm. Went with a mate and had the best holiday ever! There's no hotel that could beat this 1...the hotel was very clean, food was lovely and also a lot of food to choose from, rooms cleaned every day and also very spacious. The swimming pools r great, 5 of them and the big one is amazing with a swim up bar and a jacuzzi...there's nothing better than that! There is also some entertainment at this hotel but if this doesn't suit you there is alot of other places to go to...don't worry! This hotel is in the centre of everything...close to the beach, close to many pubs and restaurants and also a 5 mintue walk to the famous 'square'- excellent 4 all the clubbers out there! I would recommend this hotel 2 anyone and i am certainly going back next yr with no hesitation....it's excellent!

shame about the neighbours by Medsecy

clean hotel with helpful staff. Food was your average hotel but was okay. Shame they didnt put in some sound proofing when they built it but we didnt have any problems being moved when asked.

« 15 6 7 »
Stayed at Hotel Sol Pelicanos Ocas? Share your insight.

Map for Hotel Sol Pelicanos Ocas Closest airport: Alicante (ALC) 30.1 miles