La Geria Hotel

Enter your dates to find the best prices for La Geria Hotel

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
Mixed review Lovely Hotel Shame about All-inclusive and staff by hasty

Mixed review Hotel lovely shame about the staff and all-inclusive

7 nights in the La Geria 19/7/2010-26/07/2010, All-inclusive. Never wrote a review before so here goes

GOOD POINTS:- Hotel is beautifully and very very clean

Plenty of sun beds

Food: Variety of grilled fish & meats each lunch time & evening, together with a good selection of salads etc....although the food was good, there was no variety very repetitive.

Drinks:- The drinks at the bar were lovely and they made a fab coffee

Location, quiet but a few nice bars & restaurants 5 min walk, main town good 25/30 min walk but this wasn’t a problem for us

Taxi from airport only 10 euro so cheaper to sort out transfer when you get there

BAD POINTS:- First all inclusive hotel I have ever stayed where you have to pay for bottled water at the bar and to use the fridge in your room...hence no water soft drinks etc provided in room.

Charge to use the TV remote

Tennis courts 15 Euros per hour

No pool side snacks like most all-inclusive (i.e. baguettes toasty etc) their snacks were a few ham or cheese dried up sandwiches & fruit which wasn’t good. This meant you needed to go into the restaurant for breakfast lunch & dinner and sit down...too formal just often wanted a quick snack not a full meal.

Trousers must be worn at dinner my husband who is 44 yrs old was spoken to like a child on the first night by a waiter in the restaurant who informed him that he needed to wear trousers in future to be allowed into the restaurant. We are on holiday!!!! the air conditioning wasn’t good at all in the restaurant or the rooms, so the poor men were suffering....although has the week went on they became a little more relaxed about wearing trousers.

The bar staff during the day were so miserable....please just smile.... I was ignored when queuing to get served on more than one occasion, the bar staff seemed to serve Spanish guest before English... The exception to the rule was a waiter called Blas who worked evenings he was lovely and very helpful what a pity all the other waiters couldn’t take a leaf out of his book.

I did speak to the hotel manager about the bar staff and he apologised explaining it was La Geria first year of doing all-inclusive and they were still learning.... he said he would ask a member of his team to speak with us later in the day, unfortunately they never contacted us , this for me this speaks volumes.

Lanzorte was expensive 7.50 euro for a prawn cocktail (starter) 2 x sun beds on the beach 9 euro pint of beer was 5 Euros... 7 Euros for a Bacardi

Would I return? Perhaps not hotel lovely can even cope with how they arranged the food just the biggest let down were the bar staff “What a shame”

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: No

highly recommended by victoria1471

I only stayed for 4 days but everything was great. The receptionist staff were helpful, the food was really good and it is right on the beach. The room was really nice as well.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Holiday details: Mar 2009, Half Board, Booked Independently

great location by olwen5

just come back from la geria and after reading some of the reviews all i can say is that some people must be very hard to please. the location is excellent, we were only there for a week and the food was varied and very good, with fresh meet and fish cooked infront of you every night. didnt realise how close to the airport we were but it wasnt a problem, and most people found watching the planes at such a close distance fasinating. cant comment on the entertainment as we spent very little time at the hotel. we must agree though that many of the sun beds were already reserved very early and not only by germans, we found this very selfish as other reviews have said the sunbeds were unoccupied for most of the day.we had a suite which was lovely and as others have said even though hotel is right by the sea because of the trees you cant really see it. no tea making or iron but thats as normal but you could only use the fridge if you paid to have it emptied or paid for 6 items of things to have in the mini bar otherwise it remaind locked. everyone was very friendly, there is a gym with a few weights treadmill cross trainer bike and a stepper ( but that didnt work ) Fabulous location if you are a walker or runner and there are plenty of places to hire bikes.there was quite a mixed variety of nationalities, wouldnt recommend it for the young as not enough going on, but it is near enough to porta del carmen if you want something livelier.

familiarity breeds contempt by colingordon

i visited this hotel for two weeks in may and again in october and did so from 1992 until 2004 this hotel always had high standards very good staffand you would always meet up with many people who visited regularly. it was in a word reliable. in 2002 i visited and thought it had gone downhill and decided not to visit again I reconsidered and went back in2004 to meet up withfellow guests i had met over the years.I was well and truly

upset that this once great hotel had become so poor, I know it changed hands,Isuspect the new owners thought that asmost of its clients visited twice a year and had done so for years that they could cut a few corners on service food quality and entertainment

Went in 2004 so take this with a pinch of salt by mancboeing747

I went to this hotel back in 2004 and it remains the best experience of a hotel I’ve had so far. The hotel was split half English half German. We went at Christmas and had great buffet breakfasts and a brilliant Gala lunch, so good in fact we all clapped. It wasn’t a full on entertainment and major booze up hotel, but you could merrily drink and the entertainment was good, it was a bit more sophisticated that which I like. Service 100% and fast. We must have had the best rooms in the hotel 402 & 404, they were perfect sea views, most over look the pool or to trees but on ours you could watch the planes landing quit close up, dead good (but never heard them when the door was shut). The hotel is close to the airport in a small area just of a busy strip. The area kept us amused some nights, small bars with simple entertainment (even at Christmas), shops and a small supermarket. All walkable but you will feel the need to explore further afield. About 20mins walk (I’m a fast walker) to the beginings of a more busy area. Clubs and real tourist area. Taxis are cheap and easy to get. Hire a car it’s a very small island and simple. Only bad thing about this hotel was the swimming pool wasn’t heated as stated in winter, that was a shock, nearly drowned out of fright. I could see cracks beginning to show in the hotel and some wear, but glad to hear of the renovation. Hope you enjoy your holiday as I did. I’d say not your package holiday type, a bit more cosmo. Rm it was 3 years ago for me. hope this helps

It's getting better! by sparklesEastSussex

I found this hotel by chance last June. Went back with my children in October. The hotel is undergoing renovations, all the bedrooms and bathrooms have been done, the pool has been repainted. The next phase is the corridors. The staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. I went back twice in March once in May and going again on Weds!! I usually opt for bed and breakfast as I think the evening food could be improved dramatically although the lunchtime bar food is excellent and reasonably priced

lovely hotel great location by clairecal

We stayed at this hotel in August it was lovely. Very clean and in a great location just opposite the beach. The food in the hotel was ok. We are fussy eaters but always found something. The only thing letting the hotel down was the evening entertainment it was horrendous. One good show in 14 nights.

If you want some lovely restaurants go to the harbour in Puerto Del Carmen ot to Puerto Colero.

The demise of a once great hotel by joy1234

We have stayed at this Hotel three times previously over the years and unfortunately since being part of Hipotels things have certainly gone down hill. The crockery is chipped, toasters do not work and the staff whilst friendly are few and far between in fact you have to feel sorry for them. The evening meals were terrible whatever meat you chose it was tough and the vegetables were all of the frozen variety. Whilst the bedroom was clean there was a big rust spot in the bath and some of the electrical fittings were dangerous. On our departure the head of reception was too busy to call for a taxi as he had other people waiting too. He suggested we walked down the road (which we did) to get our own. This is far from a four star hotel and we shall not be going again.

4th Visit to this hotel by A TripAdvisor Member

This was our 4th visit to the La Geria and I have to say it was very disappointing It really does need to be reviewed for its star rating it is no longer a 4 star hotel more a 3 star. The food was average lots left on servery for a long time so looked jaded, not enough staff now no attention to detail. The rooms were ok however the bathrooms need upgrading chipped tiles/bath had no surface on it, The pool area although they had signs up for putting towels on sunbeds unless you got up at 0600 you could not get a sunbed and no one did anything about it some beds were booked and not used until at least 1530hrs everyday.TV in each room advertised well not for the English only one channel for English speaking guests I thought satellite TV was now around the World!!!!!. The hotel is small and could really with some effort be made into a 5 star it has the potential but it seems lack of interest makes it more a 3 star.. A very average holiday and disappointing as it used to be such a lovely hotel so I do think it will be our last visit....

La Geria by A TripAdvisor Member

The hotel itself is a bit dilapidated and generally feels dated. At the entrance the glass in the door is cracked and the flags flying outside are all torn, not a good first impression. The bedroom we stayed in was small, as was the television which had no English channels. There was also no room service available. Although most rooms are described as having a sea view the reality is that as the hotel only has a few floors a high trees outside, from most rooms you won't be able to see the sea.I would consider the hotel three star.

On the plus side the food was very nice and the restaurant service was very good. We had a large balcony which had a nice view over the pool. The price of wine at dinner was reasonable.

Our most expensive Med holiday, but... by P Wilkin

Our most expensive Med holiday, but what a fabulous hotel. Worth every penny, wall to wall top notch food, all staff very helpful and friendly, and our Spanish improved 100%.

Would have given full marks but the evening entertainment was a let-down, apart from a couple of really good shows. Give the bingo and quiz in 4 different languages a miss!

Lovely resort, although a bit quiet, ventured into the nearest part of Puerto del Carmen - got too much like Blackpool further in. Watch out for the Jimmies and the bar touts.

Awful food by juicyjules

Stayed here late Dec 2004/Jan 2005. Really needs renovating, decor is old, rooms are small. Half board is your minimum food option as far as I´m aware and as breakfast is fine, dinner is awful, buffet food is always lukewarm and I am surprised more people arén´t getting ill here from eating warm meat. Staff are generally friendly but unless you get a really good deal I would give it a miss. Stayed at Los Jameos Playa two years ago and to think they both have a four star rating is ludicrous, Los Jameos is a far superior hotel.

1 2 »

Stayed at La Geria Hotel? Share your insight.

La Geria Hotel also called