Cinco Plazas Apartments

Food: 6.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

1 2 38 »
lynsey n archie blantyre

"Just back from a week in Conco plazas had a great time apartments were clean and the staff were very helpful, would recommend it 2 other people.plenty off places 2 eat out round about."

by Lynsey S

wouldnt go back if you paid me to.

"If you want sleep then dont go.the resort is overtaken with irish families that dont sleep,keep the children up all night,arguements all night,which you can hear every word.I have irish friends and they dont behave like that.The apartments could of been cleaned a little more often and the beds were only changed twice.we had to close every window because of the noise and therfore had to ring the pillows out in the morning,due to the heat.The only saving grace was the restuarantsserved good food,we didnt have a bad meal."

• Holiday details: Sep 2012
  • Advice: where earplugs
by karen alexander

WOULD NOT RETURN OT RECCOMMEND !!!!!

"My family and myself stayed here in Sept 11th 2011 for 2 weeks, the apartment was very clean, but do think that the bedding should be changed more regular. I had to use the doctor whilst away fro my eldest son and they charged me 90 Euros and 15 euros for the perscription and then a further 80 Euros just to re-examine him 5 days later. I refused to pay the 80 Euros.

There should be a warning that the complex if full of irish people and that we were kept awake til the early hours and then for someone to wake us up, even my children were woken up.

The staff were helpful but the other guests did not give a damn, one of then even had a poo in the pool, which closed the pool til the following day. I would not reccomend this place. And to top it all off my cash card was swollowed by the cash machine and all they could say was cancel it.

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, Self Catering, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Dont book to go there unless u r irish
by KarenR

Fantastic!

"That was the 3rd time my family and i went to cinco plazas. and this year it was as good as ever. they have really friendly staff, and the entertainers/kids club are loverly and friendly.It is an appartment for everyone, there are people with small children and early couples on there own, it is brilliant for the whole family! ... it is loacated in a brilliant place as you only have a tiny walk to the stip and next to thhe best beach ever, and just far away so it's not nosy at night. the cleaners are fantastic, we had a lady called issablea doing our appartment and she was loverly, and i must say ALL staff are just so loverly and friendly! all in all this is a fantastic hotel and i couldnt have a word to say wrong with it! it wont be the last time we go there, and i strongly suggest you go there! they have everything you need (safe's, fans, wifi ect.) and just genraally do everyhting thry can to help!"

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, Room Only, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: make sure you go out to the town and beach! and to "la hola"
by vicky11

absolute disaster

"We stayed in cinco plazo in may this yr. It was absolutely a disasterous holiday worse i was ever on, no deacent kids club 6ft pool right beside kids club enterance , very unpleasent reps thompson holidays, apartment were nice and clean but one of babies walked straight into pool no gates pool right beside apartment all the pools spread out very far away from each other and tiny little park thats all for kids to do, i cried out there couldnt wait to come home , never go again if i got it free. stayed in lanzarote before and it was really geared for kids, i was in bed every night at 9, for the sake of a few pound more i advise to go with falcon or to one geared out for kids sorry now being honest"

• Holiday details: May 2011, apartment, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: dont bring kids nice for older people
by flipflop

Back again soon

"First time to lanzarote and wont be my last! Loved it! The apartment was fantastic and quite big! The rooms were cleaned everyday and the hotels surroundings were very clean. The beach was the best part for us although its a bit of a walk was worth it,as we found the pool too be full of children which isnt a problem but as a young couple didnt feel right being between families!

We found a lovely bar over the far end of the strip nearer the jet skis and banana boats where we found people werent bugging you to go into their clubs!

Food was cheap and value for money, How ever the chinese at the bottom of the hill from cinco plaza was great!

Dont shop in complex supermarket RIPP OFF when theres a cheaper supermarket 2mins away!

Definately go again but maybe later on in the year as the sun didnt come out untill dinner time, but still got a lovely tan!!

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Room Only, booked with Thomson
by sunnlover20

Cant wait to return

"Myself and 2 friends have just returned from the Cinco plaza and we alreay cant wait to book again. That was my 5th time in Lanzarote and by far the cinco plaza have been the nicest,cleanist and the most friendliest place i've stayed in. The staff were over nice and very helpful. Great entertainment both day and night with water polo during the day and entertainment at night in the reception bar. Plenty of stuff to do for families that have children. Childrens club, playground and childrens pool. Location is brilliant and right beside Mulligans (irish bar) on the strip. 24 hour reception and secruity so you can feel safe 24/7. It was really worth every penny and cant complain about anything. Myself and the girls will be definantly returning by the end of the year."

• Holiday details: May 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
by star cherry lips

excellent apartment

"hi

I first went to cinco plaza last may for 1 week with my grandmother, it was both our first time as it was recommended to us by the travel agaent. when we arrived were given our room but when we got to our apartment there was already people in there. so i went down to reception with the lady that was already in there and we expalined our situation to the man at reception. he was very helpful and asked which one of us would like to move to a different apartment. the lady had said she'd like to stay where she was as she had already unpacked. so myself and my gran got a different apartment that was overlooking the pool and we were very happy. we found the location very central and yes it is on a hill but i didnt think that the hill was that steep and neither did my gran, i have been up steeper hills.

we liked it so much that when we got home we told my aunts about it and they went there in september and loved it aswll and have been going there since. my nan has been there four times in 2010 twice with me and once each with my two aunts and loves it there.

i am going there in three weeks time with one of my friends and can not wait to go back. i love lanzarote and cinco plaza.

• Holiday details: May 2010, Breakfast Included, booked with First Choice
by eilmcc

Fantastic

"Went last year to these apartments with my friend and i am returning again this year with my boyfriend. Really clean and tidy no fuss with bugs or beasties lol. Cant wait to return in the summer"

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
by Lori

Great place

"me and 8 of my friends were there from the 20-27th of january 2011, rooms were clean and tidy, very secure. no complaints. will be back :)

really close to the night life one tip watch ur wallet and money pick pockets!!!!

• Holiday details: Jan 2011, Room Only, booked with Thomson
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks
by the lost boys

Brilliant!

"We arrived at the complex and we were pleasantly surprised to see reception was bright, clean and airy. The person on duty was very helpful and friendly. By the way, while getting your room key, I'd reccomend paying for the TV (14 euro for a week, 3 euro a night) and paying for the safe (10 euro plus a 5 euro deposit you get back) that way you don't have to do it later. The channels you get are basic- Sky Sports, Sky1, CNN, Sky News. There is a supermarket at Cinco Plazas, but just down the road there is a Hiper Dino supermarket, which is bigger, although, as some reviewers say, the staff are a bit unfriendly.

When we arrived at the bottom of the stairs for our apartment, we were a bit apprehensive, because the year before we had holidayed in Tenerife, which had been terrible (see my Atlantida Hell review) and we swore we'd not come back to the Canaries. As we opened the door, the apartment was fantastic!!! Don't be scared! There is a settee with a pull out bed, both comfy, there is a lamp and a coffee table. There is a lot of storage space around. Although there's no oven, there is a toaster, coffee machine, microwave and kettle provided. The fridge is quite small, as is the freezer. Cinco Plaza provide one bottle of watter, but in Hiper Dino, there is 6 litre bottles for about a euro fifty, so you should probably buy one. The bathroom is clean, as is the bedroom and the safe is in the wardrobe. Outside on the balcony, there is a washing line, plastic patio furniture and a bench thats quite warm, even at night. The weather is fantastic, especially for that time of the year. We were overloooking the pool, which is quite cold, although there is three, one of which is heated. There is a hill and on that is Parque Tropical, which is nice and on down is Spenders, which some racist activity took place in. On the strip beware of people trying to lure you in to their restaurants. If you're looking to buy perfume, be sure to check out all of the Charlies (there's about ten on the strip, and thats just round the to left) to compare prices.

Good places to eat include: Chiquito, Royal, Mulligans

The beach is lovely, although the sunbeds and pedaloes are quite dear.

The Drop In is lovely, but Mulligans is defo the best Irish place! New World Chinese restaurant is lovely for take away. In Spinaker's the pizza is a bit sickening.

We generally just relaxed on the beach, but we went to Rancho Texas. Make it your number one priority to visit here, day or night.

All in all, a fabulous, classy place.

• Holiday details: Dec 2010, Self Catering, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: It's a great place for any family or couple, even a honeymoon x
by Hannah x

great apartments!

"we went to cinco plaza in september, and it was our first time there. we have 3 children and we all thought it was the best accomoation we had been to. we always come to lanzarote but usually stay elsewhere but will definatly be coming back here. we were in a 3 bedroom which was very spacious and very clean, cleaners come every other day and give you extra towels in between if you need them. i was pleased with the shower as the hot water lasted with 5 of us showering! the complex has 3 pools and you do need to be up early for the sunbeds! the entertainment was quite good. something on every night. kids entertainer james was very good with kids. big supermarket on corner of street and spineakers does a great breakfast. all in all cant fault it and will definately be returning next year."

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: yes we would highly recomend cinco plaza
by kilpatricks

1 2 38 »

Map for Cinco Plazas Apartments Closest airport: Lanzarote (ACE) 3.2 miles

Top traveller tips for Cinco Plazas Apartments
  • by Jenniewren80

" Walk down to the harbour for some great fresh fish "

• by jacko2327

" Great place, loads of bars and restaurants and shops and rirght on nice sea front. "

• by jcmcclure

" La ancla restaurant in old town, absolutly gorgeous, resonably priced too! "

• by H & A

" Pinnochios for great food and excellent service and American Indian Cafe for Question the Bank "

• by redhead62

" spinkers ( not sure if this is the correct spelling but food was great and staff friendly "

• by Family 4, North Wales

" Good family apartments "

• by patsy

" Not for the elderly or infirm, or prams "

• by eilmcc

" going to muligans irish bar great atmosphere and lovely friendly staff "