TRH Jardin del Mar

Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for TRH Jardin del Mar

1 2 35 »
Terrible staff

"Staff are rude and unhelpful. We were given more information from the locals in the shops, bars and restaurants. The sun loungers are filthy and if you are planning to stay self catering then check what's in your kitchen as it's limited and you have to hire additional equipment like a microwave. I liked the area, however I would not return to this hotel as the staff were unforgivable."

• Holiday details: Jun 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Don't bother asking the staff for assistance, chat with the locals when you're out for food/drinks. You will find this far more pleasant!
by Kerry M

Self Catering - not really!

"Just returned from Jardin del Mar (May 2013). Apartment mostly clean but the "kitchen" area left a lot to be desired. The kitchen sink wasn't very clean, neither was the floor. Also, I don't believe anyone would be able to rustle up a meal with only two small rings to cook on. I would have expected at least a microwave to be provided when there was no oven. Also everything had to be hired e.g. kettle, toaster, hairdryer, safety deposit box. However must say that our apartment on floor 6 had a wonderful sea view. Outwith the hotel we were very disappointed to find that the entertainment at The Square still hadn't started - too early in the season apparently. For eating out try Scott's down at the main "strip". Terrific menu with loads of choice and the staff were so friendly."

• Holiday details: May 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Might be worthwhile going half board, although I have no idea what the food in the restaurant is like.
by isabel39

no frilly, gorgeous area

"i stayed here 14th-21st april with my mum (50s), myself (24)

we paid a little extra to get the sea view room, room 608.

the room was what we expected, 2 single beds, and then sofa bed in sitting room.

first of, view was AMAZING, defintaly worth the extra cost, small balcony area was big enough for the 2 of us, didnt have a table though, so we put coffee table out there, which did the job.

we went self catering, kitchen was rather small but again big enough for us, when we arrived it was filthy though, sink was blocked, got someone to 'fix' it, ended up just doing washing up in bathroom sink.

can hire bits if needed- toaster, kettle, remote control, hair dryer (all at €11 for the week).

i slept on the sofa bed which was comfy enough, very creeky though, my mum slept on one of the beds but ended up moving to the other half way through stay as springs were basically coming out of bed.

as others have said, walls are very thin so can hear everything going on, and rooms need modernising.

cleaner was very friendly didnt speak a word of english, but still managed to have a convo with her, made us aware when she wouldnt be there.

eating out, best place for all meals is calafornia, above the supermarker, very friendly staff and cheap nice meals-theres was definatly the best & cheapest bfast aswel- €3.90.

had bfast at gino ginelli and was so expencive for tasteless food, staff were unfriendly also.

arkles opposite hotel was very expencive (double price of calafonia) nice but too expencive €6.20.

also had bfast at galsgow grill, which again was nice, but not as good as calafonia. but can recommend their sunday roasts and definatly their apple pie- was amazing.

La solana to left of hotel was extreamly nice and good value for money, sangria was the best in the area.

Riponsa garden opp california had very nice fresh pizzas and friendly staff.

walk to main santa ponsa beach via sea front is a must as beautiful walk and nice places along the way-esp oscars for their dutch pancakes- they are a MUST esp the apple and cinnamon ones.

meson del mar(alos known as sherezade simsalabim) to the right of santa ponsa beach did very nice toasties and pizzas- also great views esp to watch the sun setting.

there is also a nice walk round to the disembarkation cross monument, with several beach areas to go to on the way.

trip to peguera - €8 in taxi was very pretty area, esp Heladeria (at the top of the road near the supermarket) for their toasties and baguettes, so much filling- def worth that little extra in cost, also cakes were huge and yummy.

• Holiday details: Apr 2011, self catering, booked with Alpha Rooms
  • Advice: walk via sea front to main beach
by elm_86

happy 10 days

"We have just arrived back after a great 10 day break at the Jardin Del Mar. it was the third time we had stayed in this hotel and each time we have enjoyed our stay, We do the self catering thing so we cant comment on the food but we were told by friends there it was good , the pool and garden area is lovely and we were impressed by the way the pool was cleaned and samples taken daily ..we know this because it was done at the same time every morning while we sat drinking coffee and taking in the spectacular views over the bay. there didnt seem to be much in the way of entertainment in the hotel but the square in SantaPonsa is just a short stroll and there were exceptional live open air shows every evening. There are a large and varied selection of resturants and cafe bars in close proximity to the hotel, we sampled many of them and they were all good and very friendly and the prices were very affordable. We also found that no matter what time you wandered back to the hotel ..and this holiday we had quite a few very late nights .. we felt quite safe and comfortable . The staff in the hotel were friendly and helpful and although there is no public phone in the hotel ,each room has a phone with the facility of an outside line ...haveing rung the uk several times to check on family and business we were presented with a bill at the end of our stay and was quite happy with the charge of 5 euros. On the whole we spent a very relaxing 10 days it was basic and clean bedding changed four times during our stay,and towels changed and the rubbish bin changed pretty much daily . we have been back 12 hours and am checking prices to book for next year ...great hotel!!"

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, Room Only, booked with jet 2
  • Advice: we will be booking for next year
by jenny

Stolen Money and Phone within 3 Hours of Arrival!!!!

"Arrived at the hotel to find rooms were not available, after a 1 hour wait we then were given our rooms on the second floor. We changed and locked our money in the suitcase and went down to the pool area to find our bearings.

No more then 3 hours later we came back to our rooms to find that someone had been into our room, broke the suitcase and lock and taken all of our money and mobile phone. No sign of any damage to door or balcony, we had locked the door when we left and the room was over looking the pool so not possible that somene came over the balcony bearing in mind this happened in the middle of the day.

Went down to the reception and spoke to the most unhelpful, rudest, unsympathetic, suspicious woman I have ever had the misfortune of speaking to. She started by virtually finishing my sentence as when I said we have had money stolen she said "from the wallet", funny since im a woman and women don't have wallets they have bags. She then simply shrugged her shoulders and said well the police wont come, told me it was probably a guest or one of my friends and then said if I didnt like it just leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never been so insulted and as furious as I was. I had a blazing row with her, telling her how dare she say it was one of my friends, we were a family group including a child who wouldn't steal water from each other never mind money and how dare she accuse other innocent families in this hotel and what a cheek that we work all year and save and because of a very suspicious theft that we should leave? . After a lot of shouting at this horrible woman, she eventually said she would try and ring the police but they won't come, the police station in Santa Ponsa was closed on a Sunday????? and she then gave me the name of her manager and directions for the santa ponsa police station. She also then said there had been another burglary 2 weeks ago.

We then spoke to the manager who said nothing of any help, apart from they need new doors and cctv, which was quite obvious. He also said they had no other theft in 4 years, funny then that the receptionist told us 2 weeks ago?

We then spoke to a lovely barman at the california restaurant who told us the police station that the receptionist had said was in santa ponsa was not a police station but actually a tourist information centre????

We then took a taxi to Palma Nova (no more then 5-10 mins) and spoke to the police. While at the police station we were set next to another couple who were also reporting the theft of a mobile and money and they were staying at exactly the same hotel as us! They were 2 floors directly above our room and the theft had happened on the same day and they had been to see the manager before us. How odd then that the manager seen them, then seen us and told us there hadn't been any in 4 years!!!!

The whole situation is very suspicious and the fact we couldn't get any help, wrong information from the staff and an appalling attitude by the staff made the whole thing 10 times worse.

There was also a folding bed and mattress outside of my door best part of the week and dead insects in the bathroom on the first day we arrived.

Santa Ponsa itself is very nice, great resort, just don't stay here. If you have already booked and can't change it take everything of any value with you.

We will never go back due to this totally distressing experience.

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, self catering, booked with jet2
  • Advice: santa ponsa great resort - avoid this hotel
by jam492

OKish 3* hotel but wont come back

"We've just came back from the Jardin de Mar and it was OK for the money (we paid 48 euros per apartment per night). It is dated and worn out but clean. I think it used to be a 4 star back in the 80s but things have changed since, or rather STAYED the same!T he location was good, right on the sea front, and you definitely should pay extra for the sea view as it is also a lot quieter (the pool/garden area closes at 7pm therefore no street noise). My biggest complaint would be the quality of the bed mattress, the most uncomfortable I've ever slept on. I woke up every day with sore back (and I am only 35 and quite fit). Also, the towels seemed to be changed only few times a week (when we asked the grumpy receptionist which days, he DIDN'T know).There were many families with young kids who seemed to have a good time, but if you are a couple who is looking for a romantic getaway, I would not recommend this hotel!There was a 4 star hotel app.5 min away (with a similar name) that looked much, much nicer. So pay a bit extra if you want a good night sleep and better customer service!"

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: It is not worth more than 50euros per night,OKish but I won't be coming back
by 30yr old guest

never go here

"money stolen first day staff the rudest ive ever come across, entertainment lol thats a joke staff not helfull cleaner, well change of towels once in a week no beds made no clean sheets we were only there a week but still excpected some kind of cleaning to be done, kitchen the smallest ive seen no kettle or toaster very basic (be warned), this is a place to be avoided security is a shambles safety for children is a no no very large drop outside no lock on gates pools are lovely the gym is a joke,overall apperance is a disgrace dont let the lovely front desk fool u this place is cheap for a reason stay away from here santa ponsa a lovely place but dont stay here"

• Holiday details: Mar 2010, Room Only, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: do not go
by cookietrace

Perfect for young families

"Just arrived back today and wanted to dispel a few myths. The hotel is very clean but basic but please remember that it is only 3 star and it's good value for money. The view across the bay is brilliant- pay for a sea-view but make sure you get one as the hotel gets busy and they seem to forget--take your paper work!! The safety deposit boxes are in reception- we found that strange but it was totally fine. The grand national race for the sun beds at 9am is true---you line up behind automatic doors and sprint for the beds- HILARIOUS!! However the pool is a must as the children have a smaller area to play. We bought our son a froggi orange pool jacket for 2.90 euros and it was the greatest investment as he spent most time in the big pool. Be aware the place is full of younger kids that run about- this is just what we needed and our 6 year old had an amazing time and did not want to go home. Everyone was really friendly. The pool bar is expensive- just go to the super market round the corner and buy your own especially if you are self catering. The reception staff on the whole are friendly apart from one grumpy guy but he was like that with everyone- even his work colleagues. The hotel has security that walk round at night and that made you feel safe and they escorted late arrivals to their rooms. Santa ponsa is brilliant for young families as the entertainment square is 2 mins away from the hotel. The drinks are pricey and the machines too- the cheapest bar is the one behind the stage. Crocodilos restaurant is a must but you need to book - family of 4 meal with 2 drinks each approx 60 euros but worth every penny- ribs and kebabs are to die for. The beach is beautiful and overall we would definitely go here again it was brilliant!!"

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Activities: crocodilos is the best restaurant
by debbieearly

GREAT LOCATION

"we have just returned 14 july

Great location for beech/shops/entertainment-if you have a push chair beech is a bit of a hike,or 10 mins walk on bumpy beech path

reception is a bit hit and miss i.e they could not find our booking when we arrived and acted like it was out fault,but were helpful on other issues

only downside is 'stampede' for towels (at 9am)is hilarious,one morning I got up with my running shoes on and challenged all the 'sadows' for a race for the best beds with my family and friends cheering from the balconies

I won the race and cheered as I gasped on my bed,only to suffer the glares from 'losers'

There are plenty of beds if the hotel was to clamp down form people claiming up to 10 beds then going off for hours sometimes beds would remain empty all day

The 'square is great' and best place to eat is 'jackies'

If you want late night entertainment the 'strings' bar on the strip is best(get a taxi back 3 euros)

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: best resort in majorca
  • Activities: jackies in square
by crowton

excellent

"just back from a weeks holiday in this hotel and i found this hotel a very good hotel, did not enter the bar of the hotel as i went self catering and i did not taste the food but what i saw was very good.not much entertainment in the hotel but it was right beside the square in which the entertainment here was amazing.

The only downfall i found was that the security guards was entering the rooms but this got sorted and i didnt need to speak to the reception staff otherwise, the other thin was that there was no phone in the hotel to ring home but that is not the end of the world.

The apartments was kept clean and the view from the hotel was and the pool was just a nice size.

Forget all the bad reports i would definietely go back its just a place to put ur head i dont want to go to the ritz or anything

• Advice: excellent
by roneill

nice but doubt we will go back

"just got back from 8 nights in this hotel, ive been already about 8 times so normally love it. this time i think i wont be going back.

the staff were the same as have been since i started going 8 years ago, just this time they seemed to make the prices up as they went along, one day i got charged 10 euro for 1 martini and 1 slush, unbeleivable!!!

the cleaners need to be taught how to clean, our sheets were changed just once and towels also once, the room was made up for four people when there were just me and my son, it took them 5 days to take the campbed out of the room, the day before we left they didnt even bother to make our beds!!!

i used to love this hotel but think for the money we spent we couldve gone somewhere alot better, i think its time they could spend a few pound doing it up, they must make enough!!! our shower curtain was all broken, the table on the balcony was smashed and we had lovely ants in the kitchen and bathroom.

nevermind it was still a lovely holiday and i cant fault santa ponsa as a resort, its really lovely.

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: lovely beach and lots of bars, restaurants, and defo go meet tony at the kensington bar
by carole and alex

Grumpy Old Receptionists

I have never stayed in a hotel where the staff were as unfriendly and rude as I found them to be at the Jardin del Mar. Upon arrival we were greeted with a 'What the hell do you want' demeanour, as if we were uninvited intruders upsetting their daily routine. No please or thank yous or so much as a smile during our entire stay. One night we returned to the hotel and we were asked for our room numbers. The man at the desk took down the time and I simply asked why he had done so. 'Evidence!' he snapped. Another night we returned to the hotel and one of my friends burst out laughing upon hearing a joke. 'Shhhhhh!' the Victor Meldrewesque crone behind the desk scolded loudly, a look of utter contempt on his face. If we were being too loud (which we were not, my friend merely laughed as we made our way to our rooms!) he could have asked us politely to keep it down like any half decent receptionist worth their salt. Another such night my friend was yelled at and told to leave the hotel because he had made a shushing sound on walking passed the desk in mockery of the man's ludicrous behaviour the night before. On our last night we asked the same man if we could pay to stay in our rooms a little later than the 12 o'clock check out time, to which he snapped 'No! 12 o'clock out!'. We asked another more obliging staff member again in the morning and they told us it would be no problem at all. The hotel itself is clean and comfortable but that counts for nothing when it is staffed by such downright inhospitable people perplexingly filling positions in the hospitality trade. I'd go as far as to say the hotel should do itself a favour and sack one or two of their reception staff, and give their jobs to people who actually like people. I give it a rating of Awful, entirely because of the behaviour of the staff. Unexeptable.

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Activities: Durty Nellys Only Lively Pub
by DancingRichie

1 2 35 »

Map for TRH Jardin del Mar Closest airport: Palma de Mallorca (PMI) 13.8 miles

TRH Jardin del Mar photos (1 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for TRH Jardin del Mar
  • by suelav

" Palma interesting city, caves of Drach spectacular, Soller pretty and the mountain views spectacular "