Flamingo Beach Resort

Cleanliness: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Flamingo Beach Resort

1 2 38 »
La Cucaracha

"That's what this hotel should be called and for anyone who requires a translation it literally means "The Cockroach" in Spanish. How First Choice can get away with advertising this resort as a 4 star is beyond belief. I have stayed at The Holiday Village in Turkey and that is worthy of every single 1 of the 4 stars it is rated as. In the case of The Flamingo and in comparison this should be rated as a minus 4.

Following the reps refusal to deal with our complaint satisfactorily we literally moved ourselves out at our own cost. Complaint pending !!!!

I can see that some people have given this place rave reviews, well all i can say is that they must be visually challenged and be very sound sleepers.

It's ok i guess if you don't mind sharing your bed with "La Cucarachas" Yuk !!!!!!!!!

• Holiday details: Aug 2012, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: Move out
by shellnmax

Fantastic holiday

"My friend & I stayed at the Flamingo Beach Hotel all inclusive for 7 nights from July 28th 2011. The room was clean, maid service 3 times during our stay. The restaurants served a variety of food and you could also take the food away in take away boxes. The grounds of the hotel are very well maintained, all is clean & tidy and the staff are all friendly.

My 7 year old went into thew kids club twice and thoroughly enjoyed himself. The english CRB clearded staff were all friendly and reassured me that he would be fine. All children were signed in and out of the clubs and your whereabouts and mobile number was on a card that thew child gave to the member of staff while he/she was in the kids club.

My 14 year old daughter was too old for this particular family holiday as the majority of the children were under 11 years but she still had a great time there with me.

All transfers went smoothly.

The only aspect that annoyed me was that there were never any sun loungers available by the time I got there at 9am! To be honest it is too crowded and everyone is packed in like sardines around the pool so my family walked the 1 min walk to the beach.

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: Have a walk down the lovely, clean coastal path or even hire a bike
by Sarah1975

Great for families with kids

"Having just returned from the Flamingo after a 2 week stay, all I can say is wow. Having read old reviews I was very apprehensive, but they must have made a lot of changes as the hotel was lovely.

The staff met us at check in and Emma the swim coach helped carry our bags to the room.

The kids clubs were immaculate, and all of the staff were very friendly and great with the kids. My daughter particularly loved Donna and Claire, who made sure to greet her every time they saw her.

The food got a bit repetitive after a while, but was always hot, with the restaurant staff changing dishes constantly to make sure that it was fresh (even if the trays weren't empty).

The beach is lovely, however if you want to lie on a sunbed it will cost you 3 euros.

4 pools and a nice over 16s sun terrace to escape the noise while the kids are in club. We would definatly return.

by AmyB

2 adults + 2 half yr old

"really enjoyed the whole holiday. we went from 5th may for 2 weeks 2011 (newcastle family)

we stayed in A19 which was just above the mickey mouse pool (looked the shape of mickey mouses head) the room was clean, good size balcony, totally private for me to sunbathe when daughter was asleep through the day. the bedroom didnt have much storage for clothes i used the huge unit in the sitting room. daughter slept on the pully out bed under settee, without any problems.

this is the first all inclusive iv been on and would never not do it again, comments were made that it was one of the nicest all inclusives they had been to? the breakfast lunch and dinner was just huge. noone could complain there wasnt a choice, (british sausages heinz beans)we never got sick of the food! absolutly spot on, my daughter who didnt eat, tried loads and i found all kinds of food she liked....and now she eats back home, they do take out boxes which you just fill yourself with whatever you like. we used to take choc muffins out for afternoon coffee and cake. they made fresh smoothies every morning. there was sparkling wine, beer, fresh orange pineapple, apple, all varites of pop, all kinds of tea and coffees, at every sitting.

night time entertainment is i5live, my daughter loved it (especially Sammy) starts at 8 til 9 then bingo, then adult entertainment, bands flamenco dancing etc (youtube i5live very funny)

the kids club started at 3yrs so lilly missed out on alot so she will prefer it next year, but still quite alot for her to do throughout the day with the entertainers. The creche costs and to be honest we didnt look in to it as we both work so this holiday was for us to spend as much time with each other. but i heard it was very good! the kids club looked after your children until 11pm which i thought was late? but really good for the adults lol.

they didnt really tell us but there is 3 restaurants around the complex which are also in the all inclusive, but we prefered the food in the hotel.

the beach is like a 1 min walk its lovely aswell.

i would go back and prob will go back. playa blanca was a 15 min walk along the coast, very nice walk, past the harbour. we kept walking and went right in to town which was prob another 20mins walk, theres a market on wed and sat. we got a taxi back and cost 4.50 euros! so next time we got taxi there and back as it was just to hot the times we walked. cant think of anything else or bad points? possibily the main pool might be a bit much for some but theres another 5 to choose.

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: walk along to playa blanca for some canny shopping!
by cfirby

loved every minute

"Weve stayed all inclusive 3 times before couldnt even take a bread roll out of the resturant ,getting drinks made to feel like your begging. Come on menorca read this review. Staff very friendly and helpfull,well maintained grounds very clean everywere.Food good and plenty of it all day long including hot snacks,drinks plenty including cocktails.we could not believe the difference in value for money there is a big differnce in price £500 cheaper than last holiday.Thanks to our friend for recommending flamingo as we wer'nt go to do this again .Now weve found new winter hols. resort is beutifull plenty to do clean .breath taking views. beach's to die for.we loved every single minute."

• Holiday details: Jan 2011, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: what a fantastic destination and brill village
by julew

definately going back

"first a bad point the only thing i think was a problem was our 22 month old son could climb out his cot and open the door as it didnt lock from the inside so we had to wedge a chair up the handle, could not get out the gate tho if we remembered it had to be locked. being all inclusive it was great you could eat allll day long not that we did be (greedy) but its the first time weve been some where were its been like that and didnt have certain times you could eat the ice cream you could just have it all day long there was breakfast but was good to get there early else the bowls glasses and seats quickly disappeared so we enjoyed goin at 7 wen was empty was great you could then eat snacks at the pool bar which was fast service lovely chicken nuggets and more and lots of nice ice cream then so food wise was great i loved the porfiteroles with the chocolate fountain an my favourite was the chicken and mushroom soup with bread roll and the spag bol was nice the staff were great i can remember all the smiles and attention they gave my little lad really quick at cleaning up your plates. There was four pools the one next to the pool bar we found was the best the indoor one looked great but kids arent aloud in. the beach was great 2 minute walk really spaciuos and lovely and clean. supermarket really close lovely chicken wraps at beach club also included on the all inclusive only at dinnertime though. chinese restaurant right by the hotel was reallly nice not on all inclusive though but well worth what we paid definately be going there again there was a bouncy castle for the children outside great service. entertainment was brilliant at hotel especially new year really nice atmosphere really made us enjoy our first new year abroad the only other thing is some nights the clowns didnt speak english and some nights the whole entertainment wasnt english till after 9 but the singers were always in english and were brilliant reps all excellent. trips- submarine was so boring wouldnt recommend that the zoo was brilliant the white tigers were swimming and was amazing we watched the sea lion show parrot show and bird of prey show all included in price and was 15euro each to get in but taxi cost 90 euro for there and back bit shocking so we should of done it as a trip organised by the reps but overall we want to go back next new year definately!!!"

• Holiday details: Dec 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: lovely
by emzie wem

worst family holiday

"myself and my family have travelled throughout europe, the uk and america, for many years and have stayed at all types of hotels from 3* to 5* and I would only rate this hotel / holiday village as a 2*. we were advised that this village was new to be opened 1st may fully refurbished. As far as I can see from other reviews the complex did not close for refurbishment, our bungalow, was very dowdy and shabby. We could not get any where near to any of the tiny swimming pools as there were a lack of sunbeds, and no matter what time of morning you got up, all beds were covered in towels, and were not removed for the rest of the day. we booked our holiday to unwind around the pool and on the beach. we had a letter a few weeks before we left to say that the beach would be shut, and we therefore had to catch a free shuttle bus to next beach, however as not near our hotel we had to then pay for food and drink if we were at the beach even though we were all inclusive at flamingo beach. the food at the complex was very bland and boring, sometimes found to be uncooked. You often have to queue for food or drinks, and hunt for plates or clean tables etc. the entire place is not ready for the amount of holiday makers that are trying to stay there. There was an indoor pool that is listed in the brochure however apparently this is for adults only, unfortunately the brochure does not tell you this, so we did not get to swim during our holiday. Unfortunately this was a holiday from h*** as most of the time was spent trying to get away from the hotel for something to do. would never go to a holiday village again, currently in dispute with first choice for a partial refund."

• Holiday details: May 2010, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: please do not waste your hard earned money
  • Good For: , City Breaks
by satch

Disgraceful - misleading customers by Thompson/First Choice

"Where to start - the first day of the holiday started well, nice pool, OK looking (albeit unlabelled and sometimes unrecognisable) food but then we had to wait for 2 hours for our room! While we waited we asked Dave the rep about the kids clubs ( the only reason we chose this "holiday village", we were fobbed off and told that we would hear about them at the welcome meeting the next day. Come evening time the entertainment was conspicuously absent and the Blue Moon Bar was like a very poor version of a Butlins resort. I spoke to the aforementioned rep the third day of our holiday to find out about the kids clubs only to be told that they do not start until the 1st of May and that my travel agent had got it all wrong when he sold it to me. I called my travel agent in the UK (I was sitting in the travel agent when he called the Thompson Customer Service line ) and the agent has confirmed to my agent that they told me the Flamingo was indeed a holiday village.

The rep contacted the Thompson Customer Service centre and later confirmed that the advisor had mis informed our travel agent. We asked to be moved to a holiday village since that is what we had actually paid for only to be told that this was now full. We asked to be moved to any other hotel and were told that this was not possible. Our only alternative (no beach, holiday clubs, soft play, boules, spa, football club, water polo, indoor pool, spa, archery, children's play area, only one eating option - the "Italian" was the most ridiculous thing I have ever witnessed) to keep our two children entertained was to take them out ourselves so we hired a car . Spent the next four blissful days away from this shambles of a hotel enjoying the delights of the Island. Could not face the suspect and limited choice of food in the hotel so spent the last few nights at a lovely Greek restaurant and Italian restaurant along the waterfront.

We had no phone call to advise that any of the advertised facilities were unavailable and as a result feel that this holiday was mis-sold however this is just the begining of the problems.

My son had been playing football on the "pitch provided" for 3 days before I took a trip up to see the "pitch" for myself (my husband or the other parents had been accompanying until this point) only to discover that the "pitch" was surrounded by building materials - cement mixer, broken bricks, power tools and worst of all sheets of steel reinforcing grids littered around the path that the boys had been walking along to get to the pitch. The hotel advised that there was another gate to enter by but this was often locked with a padlock and was hidden behind a steel storage container which had pipes lying between the container and the alternative gate (is this a safe alternative).

There were only parasols in the outdoor cafe area and none for the poolside sunbeds until the very last day of our holiday after numerous complaints by fellow disgusted guests.

Each time I went to speak to the rep about issues that I had I was waiting in a lengthy queue of fellow residents logging their complaints ( the rep told me that he had 300 other complaints to deal with and mine was only one of these). I spent most of my time in the hotel standing infront of the Thompson desk waiting to complain about various issues.

Of an evening I witnessed member of hotel staff dumping sacks of powder (chlorine?) into the childrens play pool.

The digging on the beach with the JCB started at 8am (we were facing this and woken each day by the work) and finished late in the day - not a nice view from our balcony!!!

Beside the already unsafe football pitch there were huge piles of rubbish and cardboard boxes - don't know why, the hotel had plenty of skips on hire littered around the outskirts of the complex!!!

There were card readers in the rooms to access extra channels on the tv (extra charge applied) but this never worked infact the TV channels that were free were hit and miss if they worked! The linen in the rooms was threadbare as were the towels - the bathroom was very badly finished grout all over the tiles and the shower rail was held up by a bit of duct tape and a picture hook in the ceiling. The cleaner came twice in the week we were there.

The tables in the restaurant were usually littered with used plates and glasses - overworked staff. The poolside was littered with rubbish by midday - no cleaning in place or apparent.

There was a constant stench of sewage in and around the complex by the 3rd day of our holiday and this was noticed by other guests and by the now browbeaten holiday rep who was going to speak to the manager about this stench.

To top it all just as we were getting packed and looking forward to getting home the complex suffered a power cut that effected the apartments in the bottom area of the complex (ours) and I had to pack to come home by candlelight (the only alternative offered by the night staff was for a security guard to come to our apartment and hold a torch for us to pack by). I eventually went to reception and stood until the staff looked for candles (first cupboard they eventually looked in). The power was off from night time till 7am the next day!!!!

The staff at the hotel advised us that this hotel was a 2* hotel not 4* as stated and sold by Thompson - shocking deception by Thompson.

Following the eruption delay we were placed in a similarly rated hotel Rui Paradiso and the difference was amazing - this complex was truly worthy of the 4* rating - fantastic food, entertainment, staff and organisation - this is what I paid for not the shambles that is the Nordotel / PlayaFlamingo / Flamingo Beach Hotel / Flamingo Holiday Village ( I have paper work from this holiday with all of the above names for the complex on it. Multi personality disorder????)

Will be going to Thompson for a full refund for this disgraceful waste of my valuable time off work!!!!

• Holiday details: Apr 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: avoid if possible
by gc

spanish hell !!!!!!!!!

"we are only back from playa flamingo it was worst place we have ever stayed in and we travel alot. we went for 7 days no clean sheets the whole time we were there own mop and bucket to clean room no clean towels kim and agie could not even clean this place food was a disgrace freezing four hotels all eatin there was like wait in line for school dinners drink all watered down wud never go back to this place far better places for same price"

• Holiday details: Mar 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: stay away!!!!!!
by puffer

Playa Flamingo

"We booked our bungalow on Playa Flamingo complex privately and it was everything we wanted. The downfall was the sunbed situation... British Fathers using their children to block entrances to the pool areas whil positioning their wives at the other entrance...then the charge on opening the entrances..the bull run at Pamplona comes to mind!! Anyone who stayed at the complex in mid August 2009 can identify with this!Everything else about Playa Flamingo was great, especially the location...still doing the lottery..."

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Activities: tipico Canirio
by galagher

very enjoyable

"Just got back from a two week holiday at the complex which was very good, we were self catering and found the resort had a good range of restaurants to cater for every need and at reasonible prices. you can still get value for money if you shop around. we found a very nice restaurant which overlooked the harbour where the staff were very friendly. the apartments are very spacious and have everything in you would need from toasters to coffee makers and microwaves if you wanted to use them. the reps on the complex were really good and nothing was a bother to them. we would have given this holiday a 10 but due to the sunbed nightmare every morning you had to get up around 7.30 to stand any chance of getting a bed so was glad for the lie-in when got home. hope the hotel do somthing about the bed situation as 250 for 800 guests is no where near enough."

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, Self Catering, booked with Thomson
by jboyd

Fantastic

"Just returned from a week at Playa Flamingo on a half-board basis.Transfer from the airport takes about 30 mins with only drop offs at two other hotels on the way.We arrived at 8.15 at night and was really promptly checked in and given our key to apartment B73.After travelling for so long we was really pleased to be told that the restaurant was open to 9pm,so we quickly dumped our cases in our room and got to the restaurant.The choice of food was good,with one fish dish,freshly cooked pasta,plenty of salad and a meat dish which happened to be beef.There was ample veg as well and also a choice for the kids of pizza,chips and other things.After eating we went back to our room and crashed.Breakfast is served from 8-10.30 but before that the battle for a sunbed begins with people waiting from 7.30am!!!!! I just rolled down there when it opened at 8.30 and got two beds quite easily.Granted i don't think there was enough beds for the size of the place but i wasn't getting up early and i got a couple of beds every day.Breakfast was the normal,Cooked,Cereal,Pastries,Cold meats,Fruit juice and hot drinks and there was plenty of it.The daily entertainment was really good with "Boogie Baz" and his team keeping the kids and adults occupied,there is also kids clubs as well with each child getting a two hour session every day. My lad also took part in the Reebok football coaching and my daughter did the Razzmatazz dance/acting sessions which were both well run.There are a few shops down the road towards the beach at Playa Flamingo which sold eveything that you needed but actually in Playa Blanca which was a 20min stroll there was loads of shops and restaurants/bars.The beach at Playa Flamingo was lovely with a calm very clean sea,perfect for young children to swim in.The evening entertainment was also well organized but the only downside was that it was indoors and so very hot in there.The drinks were priced at 2.80(euros) for a pint,4.50(euros) for a cocktail and 1.70(euros) for a soft drink.All in all it was a fantastic holiday and i would strongly recommend it to families with children."

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, Half Board, booked with Thomson
by steve209799

1 2 38 »

Map for Flamingo Beach Resort Closest airport: Lanzarote (ACE) 15.4 miles

Top traveller tips for Flamingo Beach Resort
  • by Bren01777

" Varedero in Playa Blanca is a nice restaurant. Recommend The Jumbo for Chinese food. "

• by andykruger83

" volcano trip brilliant "

• by a fellow traveller

" Lovely, quiet, safe resort, free from lager louts. Papagayo is the more exclusive end. "