Hotel RH Princesa

Cleanliness: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel RH Princesa

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
Not a lot of english by Steph

Me and my boyfriend just recently come back from princess after staying in the hotel for 2 weeks I wasn't very impressed, the food was awful the bacon is like cardboard, I literally lived off chips one day staff don't really speak English I lost my phone at the dinner table and I told a member of staff she didn't know what I was on about, the hotel is full of Spanish, the location is good for old people definitely not for the young ones as me and my boyfriend are 18-19 we found the entertainment crap! It was Spanish... There really was not welcoming to English, and the bar tenders perve and try chatting you up which I really didn't like, the room was ok bathroom was tiny and the beds was very uncomfortable, we barely slept at all, This hotel was definitely not a 4 star I'd say 2 star, definitely do not stay if your young also the tv has no English channels which wasn't good at all none of the pools are heated there absolutely freezing, and you drink all your drinks out of a plastic cup!

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Good For: , City Breaks

Hotel Princesa by oilman5678

My wife & I stayed here for the first time for 5 weeks from January 6th 2009.

The hotel staff are reasonably friendly, but as most of them only speak broken English, don’t expect a long conversation. The rooms are pretty standard in size, but could do with more drawers for clothes. The food is really excellent, wide variety, well presented & cooked. The first major problem is entertainment. There is an English (Spanish speaking) girl who arranges all the entertainment, but it is all geared totally to the Spanish guests. During our 5 weeks we estimated that at least 80% of the guests are Spanish. The second major problem is the hotels position in Benidorm. Never having visited Benidorm before we were not prepared for the proliferation of skyscrapers. This hotel is surrounded by them, so much so ,that they hide the sun from balconies & outdoor swimming pool for the majority of the day.

Would we stay in this hotel again – definitely if it was somewhere else. Would we stay in Benidorm again - NEVER,NEVER,NEVER.

• Holiday details: Jan 2009, Full Board, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: A Concrete jungle of skyscrapers, where you only see the sun or sky when you're near the beach.

Well i said that i would go back... by tuftty

Well i said that i would go back again and we have this is the second time we have been to the Princesa i put in my 1st report how good the hotel was well the standards are still the same freindly clean pleasant good food just every thing perfect and i will still give it 10/10 Karen (sheffield)

We booked or holiday with Travel... by tuftty

We booked or holiday with Travel republic and they was very help ful every thing went fine. We stopped at the Princesa and the hotel is fantastic very clean staff are very friendly pleasant and the food is out of this world we have stopped at some nice hotels before and the food was good at all of them but the princesa beats the lot. its that good and we enjoyed it that much we are going again in may and i would highly recommend it to any one just take my word for it and you will not regret it its 1st class. Karen (Sheffield)

We found the Princesa Hotel really... by  P Machell

We found the Princesa Hotel really nice, though definitely not 4 star.

Food was excellent with plenty of variety so there was something for everyone.

Our room was quite basic, small with one wardrobe and not much drawer space which surprised me with it being classed as a 4 star hotel.

The maid came every day and hoovered and left clean towel.

We found the location excellent, a 5 minute walk to the beach, shops, and lots of nice little bars nearby. (the red lion is lovely). Just round the corner from the hotel is The Pasty Shop, lovely food, and they doing a picnic if you want it. You can walk along the prom into new benidorm (about 15 minutes.)

The only entertainment in the hotel is Spanish music every night and there were lots of Spanish people staying there so they took over the dance floor and didn’t like anyone else getting up to dance.

They take it VERY seriously. They all keep in their own little groups and don’t socialise at all. Even when you smile and say good morning they look right through you. Very strange. This didn’t affect us as we went out every night but if you want entertainment in your hotel in the evenings, this wouldn’t be suitable.

We used to get back around 11.30 for a last drink in the hotel bar but there was no atmosphere, only a few people in there by then and the staff seemed bored. There was no entertainment for children either.

The bar prices in the hotel are cheaper than the pubs, one bonus I suppose. All in all its a good hotel for the location and the food and it’s got a nice heated indoor pool and jacuzzi which we used every day.

Ask for a low floor because there’s not many lifts and you wait ages so it’s easier to use the stairs. (And if you’re in the lift with a group of Spanish people they look at you like your aliens.) Also, just a couple of minutes walk away is the Benidorm Plaza which has excellent entertainment every night for everyone so you can stroll around to there.

Excellent AGAIN! by A TripAdvisor Member

Once again a lovely week at the Princesa. Everything was as good as last year, the food being excellent again. No problems with cold food, the service was good, Reception Staff and Bar Staff more than accommodating, ask for a lower floor if you don't want to queue for lifts, we asked and got 3rd floor, the stairs are ok from there.The best thing was the pool view as we were able to soak up the sun (3 days of it) on our balcony until 1.00 p.m. when it was lunchtime. A good all rounder, you won't be disappointed. Only one downside, it's still noisy, as, although the rooms are carpeted, the doors slam, and you have no control over noisy folk coming home at 2.00 a.m. We'd still go back!

great hotel by clairec14

The Hotel Princesa is a great hotel, its a short walking distance from the centre and also the old town. The rooms were spotless and the maids came in everyday. The pool area and terrace are spacious,the pool was a bit cold. The breakfast was great and all the food was warm enough (which some people said it wasn,t) The only problem we had was the weather and no one could change that!!

great hotel by UkTraveller

4 March 2007 we stayed at the Hotel Princessa in Benidorm, it was a bit further from the beach than I thought 10 minute stroll, but a lovely clean friendly hotel. The staff were courteous and very helpful at all times, the hotel manager is lovely she is English.

We stayed on the 12th floor and had great views of the sea, only downside is at that time of year the spanish still class it as winter and would not allow us the air conditioning on as the central heating was still on, so we were hot at night, although my mum stayed on the 1st floor room 116 and that was the coldest room Ive ever been in.

The food was excellent plenty of choice everyday, just wish they would put the cold milk by the tea and coffee machine and the butter by the bread instead of by the salad (trivial things really)

There was lots of older people staying there and from all over, which wasnt a problem although the entertainment catered for the older clientel..

The sun terrace is so relaxing but the pool area does not get sun for very long so the pool is very cold,

We loved it a huge supermarket is just 5 mins up the road, we would stay there again.

Excellent by donnyrunner

A group of us went to Benidorm in November 2006 to run the Half Marathon, There were about 18 blokes in total and although the hotel is geared at the Spanish and the older generation of Brits it is very clean and the rooms are cleaned every day. The reception staff speak English and very friendly, even when we all came in drunk. The rooms are excellent, Sky TV and the hotel is idealy placed for both the strip and the old town, The bedding is changed daily and the food is okay 7/10 as a rating. Try the Brittania Pub down the road and the pasty shop next door to the Brittania, both are excellent.

If you are in your mature years, excellent place.

If you are young and only stopping for a few days, excellent place.

Young families and young persons for a week or fortnight, maybe it is not the place for you.

good with reservations by blackadders

my wife and I have just returned from 6 weeks at the Princesa

in general it was a very clean hotel with good room service.

the main lounge is quite big with dancing area. unfortunately the entertainment was of a very poor quality and variety but in beni theres always somewhere else.

food was acceptable but not haute cuisine by any standard and restaurant staff with a couple of exceptions seemed to have little or no interest in their clients or jobs.

our major complaint was that halfway through our holiday they changed the main lounge area smoking policy. where none was aloud suddenly you could smoke at the bar end. regretably they failed to tell the smoke not to drift !!! also in process of changing to 3 star hotel

not a 4* terrible hotel not like it was a year ago by danielverney

i stayed it the hotel in dec 2006-jan2007 and i was very disapointed and so was a wide range of the guest the food is no way neer a 2* leval never mind a 4* i have stayed in a 2* hotel with just as good or better range of food and the food on the buffet mainly was cold and needed to be re heted and just after the new year partys in the hotel thy decided to close off part of the entrence and terrice outside to start building works so that ment you cauld not sit out side because of the dust and noise

Lovely hotel by leajas

I Stayed in the hotel for a weeks break with my boyfriend!

The hotel is very clean and tidy and the rooms and balcony are very generous in size.

The hotel has very few English Guests and is very popular with the older generation, especially the spanish!

The hotel is situated in an excellent location in the old town! and about a 15 minute walk from the new town and the main square!

(if you fancy seeing sticky vicky and the rest of the caberet acts!!

The rooms are very clean with a large baloncy with table and chairs!

Maid service is everyday and the rooms are clean to a high standard. The shower in our bathroom was excellent!!

The hotel has a lovely bar an entertainment area it was just a shame it was all in spanish, but then we preferred to walk to the new town where the entertainment is really good!

The food was ok!! not the best and we found on a few nights the choices were a bit poor, we are not fussy eater but some of the food was not to my taste! but i think the hotel mainly caters for the spanish!!

The pool area is lovely but the highrise tower blocks, block the sun and the water in the pools were so cold it was unbearable!!

The hotel is a short walk from the beach so it didnt cause much of a problem!!

I would recommend the hotel to anyone probably a little older than myself but being in my early 20's i prefer places that are a little more lively!!

As for benidorm itself the entertainment is great and we had a scream but the place is generally extremly dirty!! I can understand why people go back year after year for the entertainment and that because the new part is extremly english like being home for home!!

i would describe benidorm as being a city with the beach!!

one thing to watch is pit pockets our rep had her bag stolen of the coach she was travelling on after she stopped in the hotel!!

so invest in the safe in the hotel is is 10 euro with a 6 euro deposit which is very good for a safe!

overall the hotel is lovely has a lovely gym and spa area as well

one other problem was the lift they are very slow and you have to wait a while so id request a low floor so you can take the stairs!

1 2 »

Stayed at Hotel RH Princesa? Share your insight.

Hotel RH Princesa also called