Hotel Papi

Avda. Barcelona/Paisos Catalans s/n Maritim 30, Malgrat De Mar 08380, Spain

Good

Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel Papi

1 2 »
Just what we needed

"My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Papi in October 2013. We usually take our grandchildren with us , but this time we went on our own and enjoyed every minute of the holiday. Whilst we were there there was an under 15's football tournament, an all girls netball tournament, and the last weekend a darts tournament, a bit noisy but hey, they were on holiday as well.The hotel staff were absolutely fantastic, and coped admirably. The hotel is spotless, staff cannot do enough for the guests. Food choice was excellent, even down to the chocolate fountain.Meal times are great, breakfast until 10.15, and no set time for lunch or evening meals, so there is no rush to get back if you are out walking. Beach, old town and railway station all within walking distance, and a surprise on the street past the park in the old town - a cable car ride takes the traveler way up to look down on the town - and it's free.

Hoping to go there again this year. Can't wait

• Holiday details: Oct 2013
  • Advice: just sit back and relax,
by mary astles

...Pleasent stay there...

"On first week of August 2010 I was there for my summer stay by the see. There were everything what normaly is impotrant to have. Perfect people on bar, canteen, reception.. nice and reworked hotel cca one block of houses from main beach and cca 500m far from centre of Malgrat. Nice pool with salty water and spaces around is complete renovated. Every night some programm in hotel - brazil, karaoke, flamenco night... Super advantage is that when you have half board service you can reach your lunch/diner from 1pm until 9pm - no important in which time you are here. Quality of meals is Perfect!!!! But one think what I would like to say - not 100% quality of tiding on rooms, it necessary to be better there!!

but as I said everything what you are looking to have on holiday by the see in Spain - you have in this hotel...

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, half board, Booked Independently
by TomaSS

Nice hotel

"We travelled via coach the last week of May and arrived around 8.30am. The luggage was stored in the games room opposite reception and we could have the room at midday. As the hotels is apparently famed for it's food, my review will major on that:

Breakfast was in full swing but our first meal was to be the evening one. They have strange meal times and names - breakfast is 7.45 to 10.15; dinner (we call it lunch) 1.00 to 5.00 and supper (dinner) 5.00 till 9.00. It's really just an ongoing buffet in the afternoon and more/fresh food is brought out around 5.30 depending on demand. You'll be given a control card to make sure no-one sneaks more than their entitlement!

You have the option to buy breakfast on your first day for 4.50 euros (under 12's half price) which we did. Your last meal is lunch, and we went in around 4.00 with no problems.

Tea, coffee and juices are available at breakfast, but nothing at other times and you cant take your own drinks in. There's a man with a drinks trolley going around - small beer, two cokes and a pineapple juice costs 8 euros.

One thing I've never seen before in all my years of staying in Spanish hotels - normally the waitresses are often quite quick to snatch your plate away - here they leave the trolleys dotted around the restaurant and everyone gets up and clears their plate into the bin and leaves crockery, glasses and cutlery on the trolley. We didn't mind tho LOL.

There is also a chef at the front cooking on the grill chicken, burgers, sausages, fish etc; certainly worth a look despite often being overcooked and a bit tough.

I have to say although the food was very good, with loads of choice (even for my partner who's vegetarian); its not really all that much better than any other 3 star hotel we've stayed in. There's lots of fresh fruit, ice cream pots, cakes etc for dessert. One little niggle is that the food isn't labelled so you don't know what the fish/meat/poultry actually is. I guess that's all part of the fun tho - bin it if you dont like and try something else.

I've seen reviews where people complain the food isn't hot and flies infest salads. We didn't see any flies and the food temperature was perfectly acceptable and on par with other hotels.

Our room on the 3rd floor was better than I was expecting - it was 'L' shaped with a bunk bed for the kids whereas I thought it would be a double with 2 camp beds squeezed in. It was clean and comfortable and there was maid service daily - around 10.00 which was great (I have known them to try and get in at 7.00 in other hotels). There is aircon but only the fan operates out of high season. Safes are available in the wardrobes to rent at 4 euros day/16 euros week, and the tv remote can be hired for 3 euros with 17 euro deposits. The only English language programme is Sky news. There is also a mini bar facility for 4 euros a day which we didn't use.

There was not much entertainment in the hotel whilst we were there due to not being high season. The pool looked nice but felt cold so we didn't use it.

The hotel is situated close to Santa Susanna which in my opinion is a nicer resort. There is a mini train running around the resort plus another which goes for an hour further into the hills (buy tickets at the booth opposite tho - 12 euros for 2 + 2 kids or you can't get on). There's loads of shops, bars and restaraunts along the main drag, although with the £ vs euro I found a bit expensive - 2 beers, 2 cokes & a fruit juice for around 20 euros seemed the norm.

The beach is no more than a 10 minute stroll away - not sure why people moan about the tunnel under the railway line - and is clean with coarse sand.

All in all, fantastic value especially when travelling by coach. Would we go back? Definately but not for a few years so it's all a new experience again.

• Holiday details: May 2009, Full Board, booked with Ferris Coach Holidays
by Phillip from Norwich

PERFECT PAPI

"from,peter heal,cardiff,south wales,uk..

2008 was the eleventh year running my family and i spent at the hotel papi.

the accomodation and the food is far better than you would think for the price paid.

the staff have always been very friendly,and you see the same families there every year,which is the best compliment you could pay.

what also stands out for me is the way they look after the needs of the children,activities provided every day by way of swimming pool games,football and many other things to occupy their time,thus leaving the parents(though always on hand)to relax and enjoy themselves.

the whole holiday experience beginning with ferris coach holidays and the hotel papi is one of complete satisfaction.

in closing may i say there are people who pay lager money and expect a champagne finish,

with this holiday you get great value for what you pay,but the papi does go the extra mile.

• Holiday details: Aug 2008, Full Board, Booked Independently
by PETER HEAL

Nice hotel, shame about the beach

"I chose this hotel based on it's proximity to the beach. However, by the time you've negotiated the underpasses and roads to get onto it you may as well have been half a mile away. When we were there a lot of people got eye infections from the sea and there was a problem with jelly fish. Also, the beach is not sand but a very abrasive grit like material. It shelves off very steeply into the sea which makes it very difficult for the little ones to try and paddle.

On the whole the resort does not favour the British, who seem to be treated as second class citizens. Most of the guests at Papi were German and Dutch.

With the gritty beach and lack lustre entertainment we felt caught between a rock and a hard place and were just glad to get back home :(

by therealsimpsons

hotel papi- for the old and cross

"This is a well situated hotel but not quite as close to beach as some reviews state as a railway line runs the full length of the beach therefore you have to find an underground tunnel for safe crossing.

The hotel itself was very clean and tidy however be prepared to be woken up at around 7 am as that is when the cleaners start!! My family ( me ,my husband and six year old son) visited the area during the school October break so didnt expect much weather wise however sunny 5 out of 7 days. Didnt find that the hotel was very child friendly at all, staff were very very strict at meal times about perfect behaviour etc,(my son is very shy but the constant growling didnt help).Yes the meals are buffet style but i dont know if it was maybe because we were there out of season but they watched everything that we ate and exactly how much was tidied into the bin which made us less inclined to try any new food as too scared to have to scrape the food into the supervised bin. Also bags were checked before leaving to make sure there wasnt any food stashed in them - most people were told to leave handbags etc in their room or at the door before entering for their meal. Also and i am trying to be tactful here but i did not get the impression that British people are the most popular of guests however the German market was well catered for. This also expended into the resort itself as most of the restaurants, etc were leaning mostly towards german tastes.

All in all a lovely resort if you like german food, are over fifty and you dont have any children with you (there are no parks, swings etc)- we spent most of the week in neighbouring lloret de mar which was a mirror image - so very friendly, especially to children with lots to do. Again the same for the Hotel Papi perfect for the older clientelle with no children but definitely not in my opinion where you would take a family to for a nice holiday - absolutely nothing to do in or outside the hotel.

• Holiday details: Oct 2008, Full Board, booked with Sunshine.co.uk
  • Activities: quad bikes on beach
by angstujam

Hotel Papi is situated just back from...

"Hotel Papi is situated just back from the main strip, When myself and fiancee got there we were shown our room but unfortunately it facing the entertainment area which was so loud and i wasnt to happy, we went downstairs to see if we could get a different room, they were very busy with 250 arrivals coming but they were so nice and changed our room, we had a lovely 5th floor sea view room. The staff there are possibly the nicest staff in all the hotels i have stayed in. The rooms were cleaned everyday to a great standard and the staff in the food area were always smiling and happy. The food was very good and had a wide variety for meat eaters and veggies. I would definently recommend staying here but if you can get a room not facing the entertainment area it would be better."

by Kazza1981

At the hotel papi i think it's a very...

"At the hotel papi i think it's a very welcoming hotel but people come back or comment on that they are a lot of fly situations but what do you expect in a hot country.

The rooms are fab and the pool is too. The man i the pub called " Robin Hood " was very friendly and funny.

I've only been twice and excited for going my third time and i really can't wait because all my life and the places i've been on holiday to i've chosen spain, and hotel papi for my best holiday and where i've stayed.

by P  Oxby

Tha Hotel Papi you could not fault...

"Tha Hotel Papi you could not fault the food, you could have as little or as much as you would want, the fruits were plentifull.

The staff were very nice, but the only thing's we would say could have been better, the cleaners started at 7a.m and they are not silent, they forget people are there to relax and because they have no signs to put outside the door not to come in they just come in anyway. The rooms are very noisy you can here what people are doing in the next rooms, outside alot of building work going on so it is noisy early in the morning.

by K Ryan

It's a lovely hotel. The pool is...

"It's a lovely hotel. The pool is lovely, the staff are lovely (except the bar man who threw my Man U towel in the pool because he's a liverpool fan ! :P) nah even he was a good laugh. The Hotel is cleaned regularly and has a plesant atmosphere. The Only fault i found was it was 'too spanish' and found ourselves going to the brilliant Eureka bar every night.

The Hotel provided brilliant day time activities for all ages.

It's great they have a football pitch too !!

I'd love to go back sometime.

9/10

by G Hillman

When i was at the hotel papi i liked...

"When i was at the hotel papi i liked the food really much and it may have had a few fly situations but you can't go away and exspect them not to open windows because its a very hot country.

I like the rooms and every where in the hotel and even the maids because they were friendly, very very friendly.

Out -side there was a fan dabby dosy swimming pool what i loved to go in with my family, and also in the area a couple of metres away from the hotel there were a beautiful view to the beach and guess what we was actually standing on the beach, silly me.

I have been twice and i looking forward to be going hte third time in 2008 and

i wan't everyone to like hotel papi as much as i do and to make a comment on how their holiday was at hotel papi in spain.

by C Oxby

I Have Been Twice And Looking Forward...

"I Have Been Twice And Looking Forward To Going A Third Time! Woop Woop!

Enjoyed Every Second Of Our Holiday. The Food, Although Can Be Repetitive, Is Very Delicious. Yum Yum!

The Pool, Although Not Very Scenic Is Fan Dabi Dosy! The Only Problem With This Is That It Aint Open Long Enough, And The SunBeds Didn't Like Me!!!!!

(I Ended Up With One Leg Stuck In One Sunbed And The Other Leg In Another Sunbed. Ouch!!! However, This Was My Fault Entirely As I Was Running Across Them With Wet Feet. How Stupid Of Me!)

The Hotel Is VERY VERY Clean, Even My Sister (Who Is VERY VERY VERY Obsessive Compulsive With Cleaning) If It Can Pass Her Tests. It Can Pass Anybody's.

A Fun All Rounder To Every One. All Our Family Goes. Ranging From Toddlers To Nannans And Grandads.

Ferris And The Hotel Papi Was Highly Recommended To, And We Highly Recommend It To Others Without A Doubt.

Here's To Another Fanatstic Holiday In Papi In 2008. Woop Woop!!!

by C Doman

1 2 »

Map for Hotel Papi Closest airport: Girona Barcelona (GRO) 18.7 miles

Top traveller tips for Hotel Papi
  • by angstujam

" Ghost town resort for the retiring types "