Medisun Hotel

Good

Food: 5/10
Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Medisun Hotel

« 1 2 3 4 »
It was a Perfect Holiday.

"I loved it out there, our room was cleaned every day, the staff,food and music is great.

It is a 4* over there but to people from England its a 2* but thats only because of peoples HIGH expectaions it was great this is the second time i went out there in the same hotel (29th May-5th June) and i would def go back. Definatly RECOMEND hotel Medisun.

• Holiday details: May 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Try all the Towns
  • Activities: Jimmys Bar me and me boyfriend wanted a nice bit of english food lol
by MISS A L BROWN

gr8 little quiet place

"hi

i have been to turkey b4 last year i stayed in the area of olu deniz which was out of this world in beauty i paid more than double last year to what i paid to go to the medisun and had read reviews but i just wanted a cheap hol to go and relax

To my suprise the hotel was alot better than i expected its had your basic essentials the pool looked lovely but i headed for the beach i found the bars and resturant owners gr8 down there who often offer free drinks on the beach

i was in a party of 5 and we ate at the hotel for the first two days but it really was arush to get a table and the selection wasnt gr8 but for £250 all in what more could u expect if u want to use this as a base for getting around then its a gr8 place we then found a gr8 little resturant along the beach to the right called jimmy's which we opted for the gr8 english breakfast and an evening meal along with jimmy entertaining u

on a whole if u want a cheap place to go then this is the place if u expect a gr8 hotel then head to olu deniz and pay the price as it really is u get what u pay for

i would go back as i had a gr8 time.

there is a few bars to go to punta bar which is on the beach to the right is a gr8 place to have a drink and chill out and the bar staff are gr8 there and will entertain u till the sun comes up

if u want lots of night life then book upto go to gumbet or bodum we did get some free transport through our rep to gumbet but u have to wait about two hours later than u booked it for which ended up ruining two of our nights out taxi's will set u back about £30 there and back

if u want to go to a market then bodrum is much better than turgutries which turned out a complete waste of time and money only to find rude sellers who just tried to rip u off!

we are going back in october but have decided that we wantt o stay in gumbet and will get the bus down in the day to go to the beach in ortakent simply because ortakent was a bit quiet for us apart from raki's up past jimmy's which will leave ur ears ringing fo days but is worth the visit if u can get them to do a striptease!

• Holiday details: May 2009, All Inclusive
by loulou09

So much better than expected

"I have to say, after reading reviews I booked hotel but was not expecting too much other than a basic hotel to sleep in. So much more...

I went with my fiance had we had a fantastic time at the Medisun. Staff are so friendly, can't do enough for you.

Food was lovely, plenty of choice and always hot. (Not like on other all inclusive holidays I have been on).

Pool was nice to relax around, water was lovely and warm after lunch times!

Beach was so close, although did not spend much time on the beach. Could get busy at times.

Bars and resturants close by..must try the english breakfast at Jimmy's!!!!

Went into Bodrum and went round market, got some good bargains although you do get hassled to buy everything.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Would go back to this hotel if I was going back to Bodrum.

• Holiday details: May 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Relaxing but close by to good nightlife
by sjh1986

Great Holiday

"Me and a friend (we are both 20) went out to Ortakent because we wanted a holiday that was near to the nightlife of Bodrum and Gumbet, but wasn't in the centre as it can be quite loud there. We loved every minute of the holiday, especially the Good Morning Medisun greeting we got around the pool every morning.

Food was great, and I had read that if you don't get there early there wont be any food left but that is absolute rubbish. We got to breakfast every day about 9.30, as we were usually not in til about 2am, and there was plenty of food left. They continually bought out fresh plates / platters of the food avaliable. Lunch was good as there was a different hot selection to chose from every day, as well as loads of nice salads, hams, cheeses etc and nice hot soup. Dinner was lovely, I can be qute fussy with food but I tried a bit of everything most nights and loved nearly all of it. There is also a snack bar during the day if your more into plain english chips and burgers, which all seemed nice but we didnt try those.

The area itself is nice and quiet, although there are bars along the beach (which is about a 2 minute walk form the hotel) if you want some more nightlife. The beach itself was also nice, with sunbeds and umbrellas provided for free. Not sure how it is in the height of the season as it may be busier but we easily got a sunbed when we wanted one.

Overall, I would say I would go back here again most definatly. Was a great place, great staff (as long as you make it clear you're not like some of the other english girls they are used to) and amazing food. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Holiday details: Sep 2008, All Inclusive, booked with Right Holidays
  • Advice: Is good for both families, couples, young people and older people, just find the right part
  • Activities: Ate in the hotel every day, but go on as many day trips as you can to see other parts of Turkey
by jo_h_1988

Medisun Hotel

"Upon arrival at the Medisun Hotel in the early hours of the morning, tired and wanting to sleep, we were greeted in our room by a stray cat asleep on our bed. After complaining, the staff removed it, but didn't change the sheets until two days later. Breakfast was between 8-10AM, but if you weren't there for 8AM, there was nothing left, it was basically a first come first served basis. Lunch and evening meal was always the same, with no different selection, so most of the time we ate out, however, we had payed for an all inclusive holiday. Some nights the meals weren't too bad, there was no entertainment at all, one waiter followed a female guest into the toilets and tried to kiss her, she slapped him and complained, the waiter was dismissed. The pool was nice, when we booked we were told it was 5 minutes from Bodrum, however, it took us 1/2 an hour to get there by bus. One night, two stray dogs followed us up from the beach, however on sight of the Medisun, they turned around and went back down. Even the dogs wouldn't stay there. One morning, the cornflakes had run out, and a man asked for them to be filled up, on reply, the hotel had said that it was the end of season, and didn't have any left. However, the season wasn't over for another two weeks. A lot of guests were complaining about their holiday, the rooms were basic but clean, and we did get clean towels every day. I would not say this hotel is a 4 star like stated, it's more like a two star. However, this didn't spoil our holiday because we went out everyday, we used the hotel for drinks on a night and sleep. I would not recommend coming to this hotel for a family holiday, or an enjoyable holiday basically, unless your planning to go out and not eat or come back until your ready to sleep."

by valeriem

Me and my partner have just returned...

"Me and my partner have just returned from this hotel on the 02.10.08, we enjoyed the holiday so so much. I cant believe the bad reviews people are putting up, if you are a down to earth person you will enjoy it!!!

The only things i would say are below a 4* are the food and the entertainment, me and my partner are very fussy eaters but we were expecting it to be bad due to previous reviews. They had the same food most nights it was just presented differently each night. i have been to turkey many times and the entertainment has been brilliant. In the week we stayed here there was entertainment on for 2 nights.

Other than these 2 things the hotel was brilliant, the rooms are very spacious and were cleaned every day, the staff were so friendly.

I would REALLY advise you to go for a turkish bath it was amazing!! Ive had turkish baths before but they could never top this one, i felt relaxed for the whole week!

The area the hotel is in is brilliant, you walk about 5 mins down the road to a big strip of shops, bars, restaurants and the beach.

Before we went away i was dreading coming here because of the bad reviews but when you get there you will see for yourselves its a lovely hotel.....but the holiday you make for yourselves....people that put bad reviews just dont know how to have a good time!

by KA CROWE

this is not a 4* hotel the food was...

"this is not a 4* hotel the food was the same for a whole week our holiday rep was only interested in selling trips and ripping us of by changging for a free introduction to the local turkish baths when confronted became very angry swearing and insulting and i was told shut up or i will have you thrown out of hotel this being my second day and already ripped of by 30.00 pounds it spoilt my hhols i was scared as the waiter s was climbing on our balcon s and things was stolen from our rooms money the manager of the hotel (i dont understand ) wish i had not gone and will be making an official complaint along with 20 other brits that was not happy on the week i was there be warned"

by Y.c. Fallowes

i would not recommend this hotel it...

"i would not recommend this hotel it has a great pool thats all food was bad every day trips wot a con sold to you by our own rep he charged me and mr obrien for a free intro to one of the turkish baths amitted charging us 30.00 english pounds but did not give refound felt robbed and told him so he threatened to throw us out of hotel ask the manager to sort this out and he said he dont under stand young girl were being trobled by the waiter s in hotel and things had been taken from our room never again 20 brits at the hotel all unnhappy with there hol also a idian couple is going to be complaining not good the staff will tell you it is a 2 star not 4 the only good thing about this hotel is the pool"

by  Y Fallowes

hotel Medisun A lovely refurbished...

"hotel Medisun

A lovely refurbished Hotel,

Freindly staff

Lovely Turkish food

Amazing All inclusive deal - drinks flowed freely!!

The only thing is the Music all day from 10 am - Turkish, Rap, pop - very loud.

They have thier own bit of beach a very short distance walk - but then more music on the beach. Its a pity they couldnt have a quiet area for people who dont like this racket.

So I did lots of day trips on the Dolmus to lovely coves (Gumsluk) and you can walk to Camel beach in around 10 mins.

Recomend the boat trip organised by the Hotel (£10!)

So if you go to this wondrfull hotel - take earplugs if you dont like loud music all day when you relaxing. I actualy like the music at the bar in the evening!!

by R VEAL

hotel Medisun A lovely refurbished...

"hotel Medisun

A lovely refurbished Hotel,

Freindly staff

Lovely Turkish food

Amazing All inclusive deal - drinks flowed freely!!

The only thing is the Music all day from 10 am - Turkish, Rap, pop - very loud.

by R VEAL

Ignore what most people say about...

"Ignore what most people say about this place. It is EXACTLY what you would expect. Beach is just down the road. Pool is great. Bar is great, drinks are NOT watered down. Can get more than one each time (I heard it was one per person at any time). It is just gin vodka beer and raki. But this is fine as you also get fanta lemon orange coke tonic etc. There is also a soft drink machine you can help yourselves to. It has some really nice drinks like kiwi juice!

Staf are more than helpful, really go out of their way to help all the time.

Food is LOVELY, only problem is there is a lto of salad, although it is very nice and there are prob 15 different salads, it is the same spread twice a day every day.

Snack bar is gorgeous, homemade pizza, traditional turkish food, chips. Couldn't beat it!

Hot food is nice but not for fussy people, a lot of strange things.

Beach is great.

We had two main problems on this holiday. There are a LOT of stray dogs, one in particlar seems to sleep on the way to the beahc and has a habit of barking as you go by. It NEVER went for anyone or came towards us, it just barks a lot! Only other complaint are the reps. They are Turkish and are just after money. We were told we were going on a trip where everything was included, then we had to pay 20 lira extra for something, plus we had to buy breakfast, and we were told we had 4 hours there and got two. He just didn't care.

But trips can be booked down on the beach front for cheaper.

Overall I loved this hotel and would definitely go back!

by T Oldershaw

For the price the overall holiday was...

"For the price the overall holiday was satisfactory the hotel was clean and most of the time we was provided with clean towells and linnen, the location was good not far from a dancing bar rakas which is onlong the sea front about 10 mins walk from hotel and bodrum was 3 lera each on the dolmus (bus) from outside the hotel or the dolmus station which is about 5 mins walk from hotel the pool area was lovley and the weather exceeded are expectations.

The food was ok breakfast was horrible give me fried english breakfast anyday but the one they were serving i wouldnt of gave to my dead dog everyone to there own, daytime and evening meal was alright my boyfriend is a fussy eater and hardly eat anything apart from the snacks served between certain hours by the pool.

There is suppose to be an al le carte resturant which is owned by medisum hotel but its more like al le cartleftovers resturant my friend had fish and i couldnt even look at it i bet it was sitting in the freezer for two weeks before they served it i had chicken and the next day i couldnt get off the toilet, we bought a bottle of rose wine for about 30 lera which was exacly the same as what they were serving for free at the hotel wasnt impressed.

staff were very friendly and the entertainment staff onre and his girlfriend were sweethearts, and were more entertaining than the actual entertainment itself.

Gumbet was good for night live but we found that its cheaper on a night out in good old engalnd that it is in turkey shots where around 3.50 in english money which is about 8 lera and drinks wern't much cheaper we only went into gumbet one night we was skint after that.

To be fair there is lots to see and do i didnt take lots of money so we missed out on a lot of the trips did do the turkish baths which was an experience and we also went on a boat trip which i would of gone on again if we had the funds but always do the trips direct rather than go though your reps you will get a lot better deals this way.

The beachs were disapointing they were very rocky and you have to walk quite far to a sandy beach (camel beach) everything apart from the duty frees was quite expensive i was quite shocked how expensive it really was.

but like i say everyone to there own please dont be putt off by this review as you will make your own mind up anyway.

by E M SPRATT

« 1 2 3 4 »

Map for Medisun Hotel Closest airport: Kos (KGS) 20.6 miles
Medisun Hotel photos (4 traveller photos)