Coral Sea Holiday Village

Value: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

1 2 336 »
first time visit

"Recommended by daughter joined her this year fab hotel food excellent so much variety and places to eat at night booked ours on arrival to make sure as very popular rooms kept spotless tipped waiter 1pound never left seat were I was for drinks, praise this hotel enough and its staff going back again highly recommend this value for money hotel"

• Holiday details: Feb 2014
  • Advice: soho square shops british bar musical lights fountain 10pm at night
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks, Skiing
by guntjo

Great Family Holiday - Sun Sea n Sand

"Had an amazing time at this resort, fantastic for families and all, perfect weather, great food, great service, clean place, great beach and pools, lots to do for everyone or simply just relax, crystal clear waters, nice atmosphere, fantastic customer service, great amenities outside the hotel, Soho Square a must visit for hassle free shopping and entertainment, do as little or as much as you want, excursions are good but cheaper with external companies just located outside holiday village, everyone was pounds sterling, cheaper if you pay with pounds sterling than Egyptian pounds, they don't seem to carry change or maybe that's their tact for you to buy more, our first holiday to Sharm and already thinking of booking for 2014, our only reservation is that you have to pay £5 for 30 minutes wifi which only seems to work in the lobby so this is disappointing especially when we paid almost £4000 for this holiday, not much entertainment during evenings during Xmas week, overall 9.5/10 ..... Definitely worth a visit."

• Holiday details: Dec 2013, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: Soho Square a great place to visit for hassle free shopping.
by Trip-Rev-U

Amazing family holiday

"We went to the holiday village 19sept 2013. The place was amazing. Staff was very friendly. Every member of staff you walk past goes out the way to say hello and say hi five to the kids. Rooms are clean and air condition is brilliant. Entertainment was brilliant. Very big entertainment team. Kids clubs are amazing. Loads for kids to do. Our 3 year old boy was welcomed to kids club everyday. Massive thanks to Coral and Becky. We will be returning to the holiday village with more family members."

• Holiday details: Sep 2013, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: dont forgot to take a snorkle. This stuff u see is amazing.
by Alexandra84

Richos

"Fab hotel clean rooms staff so friendly gardens beauitiful food great there was always plenty even when u a fussy eater like my son Entertainment team work hard they do a great job escape for teenagers his good I carnt complain about any thing we never had any sickness or diahorear All 4 of USO was good all round there is only one thing I would change I would have sports bar out side I went out side to falcons to book trips half the price than first choice they looked after us all both trip snornkling and quads so go to falcons and the artist in hotel he's amazing artist e did portraits of both my sons they are fab And he painted us abeach painting with us on he's a mazing plz buy one when u visit"

• Holiday details: May 2013, booked with First Choice
by Richos

Red Sea village hotel

"First time visiting Red Sea village hotel, very clean and spacious room, very good view from the balcony. Staff and reps very polite, staff by the pool came regularly to top up drinks, food in the main restaurant I felt was very good, plenty of choice, the sari, bamboo, and Mediterranean restaurant couldn't fault or the lamer restaurant,.

Have not Dom

Wine all inclusive before but will definitely being going back in the near future.

• Holiday details: Apr 2013, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: Everywhere from the rooms, reception, the grounds the pools so clean could not fault
by Kayp

Spot on, will return soon

"From arriving to departing the service was first class, we had a room above the swim up pool, on entering our room we wasn't disappointed,it was spacious, comfortable and very clean, the cleaner left it to a high standard every day.

The pool staff are very helpful and bring drinks on a regular basis, me and my family swam in the pool everyday, ages 2, 4, 9, 27, 29 and 50+, not once did we have any health issues of any kind.

The food was fresh, hot, well cooked and tasty, the restaurant was continually cleaned by friendly and helpful staff.

The entertainment team work very hard with shows for all the family, the reps are never too busy to have a chat and give advice on anything from excursions to helpful local phrases.

When we were approached by the spa or newspaper staff, a polite no thank you from us and they left with no hassle whatsoever.

The Holiday Village was recommend to me by a regular visitor to Egypt and I would recommend to anyone without hesitation, this was our fifth visit to Sharm El Sheikh and I look forward to our sixth visit, very soon, back to the Holiday Village.

• Holiday details: Apr 2013, booked with First Choice
by Knight1959

Forth Time and Back next Year - for Fifth

"Me and my Wife have just returned from 2 weeks at the Red Sea Holiday Village ( 07/03/13 - 21/03/13 ) and cannot fault this resort. I was surprised to read the Watchdog report before we arrived as this is the forth visit to this Hotel and will be returning next year as we had yet another fantastic holiday. Regarding the pools hygiene while we were there the water was tested every 2 hours. The food was very good, staff excellent and very helpful. Over the years we have made many friends who always welcome us back every year. The hotel staff should be very proud of themselves. The last thing I would like to say is a big thank you to the First Choice reps who keep us all entertained and making our holiday a very enjoyable stay. The only fault I have is that the swim up pools need to be heated."

• Holiday details: Mar 2013, booked with Thomson
by terryfreeman

Holiday village Red Sea

"Just got back from a 2week holiday at the holiday village Red Sea. We went with our grandson who is 11 years old. Over all we had a good time the hotel was very clean, all the staff were very friendly and helpful. The food wonderful. We found the kids club was run with the most friendly staff we have ever come across. The football academe run by three very nice friendly men was the highlight of the holiday for our grandson, it made his holiday. Big thumbs up to the first choose team"

• Holiday details: Jan 2013
by Gwenda F

Amazing...

"I am travelling to this hotel in April for the 3rd time and im only 20!. This is by far the best hotel i have ever travelled to and im from a well travelled family. The only fault i can find is there is no entertainment at night just kids stuff or bingo. The food is amazing, the bed is amazing and im hoping the jacuzzi is even better this time. For everyone else that has moaned clearly doesnt get out much.. calling it an awful hotel because the beds didnt get stacked up.. get a grip."

• Holiday details: Mar 2012, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: More night entertainment for adults!
by Allystott

Fantastic hotel, can not praise it enough!!

"I have just returned from a week at the red sea resort holiday village (21/01/13 - 29/01/13) with my husband, Dad and 4 kids (aged 13, 5 and 4year old twins) We had one of the best holidays we have ever had!! I’m surprised by the negative reviews on here as I genuinely can not find a single fault! The accommodation was simply gorgeous, cleaned daily to a high standard. The rooms are very spacious, our bed was massive and v comfortable, walk in wardrobes, huge bathroom with wet room, flat screen TV with lots of channels, great size balcony (we didn’t request it but got a great view of one of the pools with a sea view behind) The pools were great, they appeared very clean and none of us experienced any problems or ill health. My kids were in the water all day everyday, the kid’s pool is especially good for young kids, its separate from any big pools, is not too deep and has a great kids slide and fountain which provided my tribe (and me) with hours of fun. The staff are fantastic both first choice staff and bar and pool staff. We had a regular waiter who worked in the bar by the kids pool by day and in the entertainment bar by night, he was lovely and looked after us all so well. We tipped him for his service and we never had to wait for a drink day or night, he even gave us a present on leaving! The entertainment is great, kept the kids happy and adults too! We didn’t eat in any other restaurant than the main one, mainly because the food quality and choice was so good. We loved the place so much we are booking again for this Easter, we've never gone back to the same place twice as we enjoy going somewhere new, but after such a great experience it will be difficult to find anywhere else that lives up to this holiday village!! If your booked to go please don’t be worried by any poor reviews, its AMAZING :)"

• Holiday details: Jan 2013, booked with First Choice
by joanne1981

Excellent 10 days in the sun

"We could not fault the hotel or the service. Jade, the guest relations lady was particularly helpful. Upon our arrival, we were contacted by phone to check that we were ok and when we had a small problem with noise from an adjoining beach party, it was no problem for us to be relocated. The hotel staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Obviously they are working hard to clear a poor reputation regarding the Watchdog reports and they are earning their tips. But nevertheless the attention to customers is first class.

The rooms were spacious, but arguably 4 rather than 5 star. The grounds are very attractively landscaped and well looked after. The rooms were clean as was the hotel and outdoor areas.

We liked the food, which was very varied and we had no problems with upset tummies. We didn't like the coldness of the water in the swim up rooms, which could easily be rectified with heating by solar water panels. If you pay extra for the swim up facility, you should be able to swim in the water during the winter season. I am a bold swimmer and did manage to take a dip, but I would not recommend it to the faint hearted!

Tipping does not have to be a regular thing. Small tips of £1 British coins are very acceptable and staff don't expect to be tipped on every occasion. We suggest tipping occasionally for very good service and an end of holiday bonus if you are particularly happy... The staff are happy with an end of trip appreciation if you don't want to tip as you go.

Remember this s Egypt, not UK so use hand gels and pay attention to personal hygiene, drinking water etc.,

We did not travel with children, so we may have had less than some to worry about, but our overall holiday experience was excellent and we would return to this resort hotel again.

• Holiday details: Jan 2013, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Be aware of hygiene
by Clammie

Nightmare ***choose a different hotel***

"We had saved up for this holiday for two years so as you can imagine we were all very excited. Myself and my husband could not wait to be in the sun with our three children.

Kids could not wait to jump in the pool as they found the heat unbearable. most hotels we have stayed at sun loungers get stacked up and floors cleaned, bins emptied etc this does not happen at the holiday village. myself and my husband have been to egypt twice before minus kids and have found other hotels like dreams beach and the savoy. On our second day the main pool was abandoned for over an hour as a holiday maker had been sick. day youngest son was very ill he had diarrhoea and was violently sick. this happened for four out of five of us for the duration of two weeks.

when we arrived home bloods and stool samples were taken as myself and my youngest son were still ill and the mirco biologist advised the doctor we had Cryptosporidium, a parasite that can infect your gut and is a living bacteria in water.

obviously the pools are not clean so no matter how many times you wash your hands, brush your teeth with bottled water, dont have iced cubes etc etc it doesnt matter coz you could still become ill.

i had to have alot of time off work since returning home......i was on a drip in hospital to get rehydrated and lost a lot of weight as i couldnt eat. the pain in your stomach is horrible and that is what alot of the people staying there were saying.....so its not just our family. it wasnt a holiday for us spent ill in the hotel room.

by Em00

1 2 336 »

Map for Coral Sea Holiday Village Closest airport: Sharm El Sheikh (SSH) 5.7 miles

Top traveller tips for Coral Sea Holiday Village
  • by marco

" upgrade to swim up room if you have kids "

• by nickylsl

" A great place for families "

• by Thegang

" Book the a la carte resturants as soon as u arrive as they get booked up really quick. we didnt get a chance to eat there "

• by Treacle92

" Swim-up Rooms a must for adults wanting a more peaceful holiday "

• by Anne Gamblin

" Go and have the massages that are on offer in the health spa "

• by chrissyG

" Book a swim up room "

• by Joanne Collins

" Try the ala carte restaurants, join in the pool games, relax in the spa we spent an afternoon having treatments, our daughter came to "

• by AndyM

" Avoid block 14, lower numbers are nearer to the beach and pools and many have sea views "