MS Crown Prince Cruise Ship

, Nile Cruises
hotel photo

1 2 3 4 »
My 1 st cruise since i was a child and had a fantastic time even with the mugging in Asawn

"I went on the Crown Prince 17 th - 24 th april , the boat was fantastic , food very good , staff very good my egyptologist was Sam who was excelent the excursions sere fantastic but sadly i was mugged in Aswan after getting off the coach walking down the steps to the boat i had just been on the Philae sound and light show and two youths pushed and shoved me at the top of the steps and stole my purse , i had been so careful as we were told about pic pockets it was all a bit scary as i am a single traveler the group were about 15 yards behind me it happened all so quick , so just be careful when you are in Aswan , the cruise it's self was fantastic a must see is Abu Simbel"

• Holiday details: Apr 2013, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: The cruise was fantastic , loved sitting on the sun deck watching the world go by
by Wendy E

paul and diane 10th -17th april

"First time on a cruise, the crew on the crown prince were really good, the food was amazing, the room's were cleaned twice a day, take plenty of pound coins, our tour guide Mohamed was really knowledgeable, you can change Egyptian money into smaller notes on board, you'll need alot of £5 Egyptian notes to tip the coach drivers, the location was spectacular,"

• Holiday details: Apr 2013, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: no tips, it was perfect
by popester1967

Fantastic holiday

"We travelled on the Crown Prince, having booked the Regent. The boat was full because 3 different cruises had been consolidated. You do not know this until you arrive at the boat. This is only a minor moan since the Crown Prince was spotlessly clean and our room was excellent. The food was plentiful and very good. Again the Restaurant was spotless and food hygiene at a premium. No cases, as far as I am aware. of bad tummies. The boat is beginning to look and feel a little tired, not surprising I suppose in these hard times. However, compared to the look of other boats I was glad we were on this one!

The highlight of the holiday was the guide, Onzi. He turned the week into a great experience. He was extremely knowledgeable but in an amusing and very often entertaining way. We learned an awful lot about Ancient Egypt without feeling as if we had been to school. Thanks again Onzi, you are the BEST!

The hassle factor off the the boat has risen quite a lot since our previous visit 4 years ago. You have to be firm but polite and we never felt physically threatened, but it is a real pain.

At no time did we feel that the political situation in Egypt was affecting our holiday or putting us in personal danger.

The overall Ancient Egypt experience was fantastic. Although this can be quite tiring, most afternoons were spent relaxing on the boat as it headed for the next destination.This cruising in itself was extremely enjoyable.

Overall, I would certainly recommend a trip on this boat.

• Holiday details: Mar 2013, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: Relax and enjoy, and don't expect too much from the evening entertainment.
by tji696969

What a wonderful week!

"We returned from our cruise on Wednesday and certainly agree with all the positive remarks made on here about the Crown Prince. The staff were friendly, attentive and fun (loved the vegetable and towel ‘sculptures’!). Our main guide, Nihal, gave us all the necessary information at the sites and ensured we weren’t ‘mislaid’ on our tours. The Thomsons rep, Sue, was also very friendly and helpful despite still being far from well after a bad bout of bronchitis.

There was a wonderful choice of food and we were pleased that it included several Egyptian dishes. We just couldn’t resist the delicious desserts either.

We didn’t take the ‘fully inclusive’ option on the drinks as we don’t drink enough to make it worthwhile. It meant we were able to have decent wine (we can recommend the Omar Khayyam) rather than the inferior stuff the others got. Even with plenty of water, soft drinks, beer and coffee, our bill at the end was only £149, and that also included laundry expenses.

The temples are magnificent and we were glad that we decided to brave the 3 hour journey to Abu Simbel as it was well worth it.

We would definitely recommend this boat.

by Hazel W

Best holiday ever

"Everything about this holiday was amazing. Our guide Romany was very knowledgeable about all the places we visited. The staff on the Crown Prince were all very helpful and friendly. We upgraded to All incluaive on arrival and were very happy with drinks available. Meals were very good, always plenty of choice to suit everyone. I would rate this 5*, we plan to go again next year."

• Holiday details: Feb 2013
  • Advice: Upgrade to All inclusive, no bills to pay at the end of the holiday
by PM

Absolutely fantastic!

"My first visit to Egypt, my first cruise ever, and I travelled alone. This was a truly wonderful experience. Gabriel is one of the best Reps I've ever met, so helpful, very entertaining. The food was delicious, breakfast eggs and pancakes freshly cooked in front of you, pasta dishes freshly cooked in front of you for lunch and dinner (if you wanted them) The special "Waiter service" evening banquet was amazing! If you want a really good massage or reflexology session, see Imad - he's very good. I loved all the different designs the cabin staff made out of our towels :) swans, crocodiles, people, swinging monkeys - and there was a demonstration of how to do these yourself. The opportunity to have a look around the kitchens is well worth taking up, it certainly reassured me that the standards are well and truly first class. I'm now saving up to go back again - I've never wanted to repeat a specific holiday experience before, so it must have been exceptional :)"

• Holiday details: Jan 2013, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Definitely go All-Inclusive and take advantage of any trips offers when booking the holiday
by Maureen H

our best holiday ever

"We loved this holiday mainly because of the crew and staff, if you decide to follow all the excursions it can be a bit tiring but so worth the effort. Our thompson rep gabriel is a real life angel and our guide bishoy was so passionate knowledgeable and interesting you cant help but learn so much. I really cant find anything negative to say about the crown prince the whole week was a delight i was sad to come home. We were given sound advice for dealing with street vendors and how to ignore them. We felt our guide protected us from any hassle off the boat we felt safe happy and enlightened at the end of each trip. In all our years of holidaying We have never been to the same place twice but we will return next year to the crown prince and will hopefully see our kind egyptian friends that made us so welcome."

• Holiday details: Jan 2013, booked with Thomson
by Pamela W

Wonderful Week!

"Just returned from a week on the Crown Prince and what a wonderful week it was! This was my second trip with the CP and yet again the Manager and crew did everything to make the holiday as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The Egyptologists were great - Bishoy made the tour so interesting and his passion for the subject was inspiring. All the guides were funny and charming and really brought a special atmosphere to the ship - the Thomson reps were kind but boring. I find it difficult to ignore the local sellers as they are trying to make a living in very difficult times - but you have to or you become a target for the others. I love the Nile and all its treasures and it makes me sad to leave it everytime!"

• Holiday details: Nov 2012, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: My tip would be to just sit on the sundeck and take in the beauty of the Nile.
by Linda H

superb

"first time to Egypt,the trip far exceeded our expectations, the staff on the CROWN PRINCE were superb, nothing too much trouble, the food excellent, Alison our Thomson rep, was wonderful and helpful, BISHOY our guide was amazing, such a nice guy and immense knowledge, i recommend this trip to anyone, the Egyptian people were a delight to get to know once you stopped them trying to sell you things, a trip we will be repeating!"

• Holiday details: May 2012, booked with Thomson
by tom_egton

Angels

"Fantastic trip. Fantastic staff fantastic food. All inclusive is the best way to do this trip. Our guide hanni was very informative........ If your thinking of a Nile cruise do try this ship!"

• Holiday details: May 2012, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Old cataract hotel is a must
by Maryanne B

Fantastic

"Fabfabfab! service and food were absolutely brilliant, Hanni the egyptologist was very informative and helpful and really knew what he was talking about. A big thank you to Alison, our rep. Thoroughly recommend this trip and this boat, hope to do it again one year"

by Holly B

7day cruise on the crown prince

"first class holiday from the moment we stepped on board,staff could not do enough for you, food was lovely and the sites were fantastic, first cruise we had ever done wont forget in a hurry."

• Holiday details: Apr 2012, Booked Independently

Value: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10
Top traveller tips for MS Crown Prince Cruise Ship
  • by Joe Brookshaw

" do the early morning trips as we did to avoid the midday heat ,it was 40c by 9am but it was nice. "

• by tom_egton

" go fully inclusive including excursions "

• by Pamela Weisner

" Trust the guides, they are egyptian coptic christian and although behave impeccably they do have a wicked sense of humour relax enjoy the fun they are safe! "

Do you own MS Crown Prince Cruise Ship?

Stayed on MS Crown Prince Cruise Ship? Share your insight.