Mirada Del Mar

Room: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Mirada Del Mar

Hope you like crabby old people.

Breakfast was good and lunch was acceptable. Dinner was like bad kid's camp, mushy dishes in steam trays. Rubbery Chicken.

The alcohol is creepy, unless you want to pay extra.

It reminds of the holiday camp in the novel 1984, except that the beds are nicer.

Rooms are large and clean.

Ok if you just treat it as a hotel and not a resort.

The area is unbelievably beautiful.

• Holiday details: Mar 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Activities: People hanging around during the day are joyless zombies.
  • Good For: , City Breaks
by zarf

nice animation, POOR hospitality

"I've never written a bad review about anyone or company but since I experienced such poor hospitatity at the Mirada Del Mar in Kemer, I felt compelled to share.

To begin on a more positive note, the animation staff is wonderful; friendly and fun. The hotel itself is nice as are the rooms. The food is good and there is a large variety.

Now onto the problem. The staff at the reception, dining rooms, and pool bars are not helpful, not friendly or inviting even to the point where I would categorize them as rude and nasty. What should have been a nice experience and vacation for me and my family turned out to be filled with a lot of agravation. I stayed at many hotels and never experienced such rudness.

For example, my husband left his sunglasses at the breakfast dining room. When he discovered they were missing later on during the day we went to the reception to see if maybe someone had turned them in. Rather than check (or at least give us the feeling that they would try to assist in some way), they referred us back the dining room that opened only the next morning for breakfast. Short story, we could not find one person that was willing to help, they gave us the run around and when we finally requested to speak to a manager the reply was "no manager". We knew the chances of getting the glasses back were slim, but it would have been nice to know that as guests at the hotel, someone would care enough to check.

One night we ate at the Al la Carte Turkey resturant where we encountered poor unfriendly service. The general feeling was that they could not wait for you to finish your meal and leave. They put a spread of salads out as starters, but don't bother to ask for a refill, we tried and they refused! So we got a plate of 4 stuffed grape leaves for a table of 9! Pretty stingy.

When I discovered that our return flight was delayed, I turned to reception to see whether it would be possible to have a later check-out. They were none helpful, and told me its my problem, not thiers! Only after pulling teeth I discovered that for an addition 50 euros we had the option to extend the room and stay until departure time. Why not just give me the option from the beginning and save me the conflict and agravation - I still can't understand.

To summarize, even with the good amination team, rooms and food, I will NEVER go back there and DO NOT RECOMMEND if you are looking for a friendly relaxing warm and inviting enviroment for your vacation. This was the first time I was treated with such disrepect and poor hospitality so I would have to say that it was money NOT WELL SPENT.

by ram17

Could be named as a ''Russian holiday club''..

"I am Turkish and go such hotels every year with my family. We did not pay less for that hotel by an option of early reservation. But the service was extremely poor. People from Russia and related countries can enjoy. Foods were restricted to chicken or turkey or frozen cheap fish. Breakfast was poorest I have ever seen in hotel of five stars. Restaurants could be more clean. Alacart restaurant are of o value. Beach was not suitable to use due to stones. Pools were large enough but the hotel was for 2000 people. It became dirty in the afternoon. Rooms were OK. Drinks were OK. Animation was OK but there were mostly Russian staff that we hardly contact with. Turkish children had no time in the club because they were treated as strangers. Animation shows were OK. Overall, better ones are present in Turkey.."

by bono06

the vacations of life

"mmmmmmm so I LOVE MIRADA

it was just great to stay at mirada del mar

i am not an adult so i was together with my family and i had a greeeaaat time!

the animators fantastic

the food excellent

the pool beach and hotel great

everything was just faboulous

PS:everybody should try tenis with the tenis instructer(i mean tenager girls)

he is WOW

love ya

From Hermjona

by hermjona

This hotel was sold to us as a family...

"This hotel was sold to us as a family with small children. It had no english speaking kids club, no english speaking staff at reception.

Food was all continental which was fine but all the kids could eat were chips or spagetti bolognese.

Restaurant staff very polite, pleasant and could not do more for us as we were english.

Bar staff were the same always pleased to see us and always made us feel welcome.

Would not reccomened to the english as a holiday.

by K Price

We stayed in Turkey four years ago,...

"We stayed in Turkey four years ago, also in a 5* hotel, compared to that this hotel was no better than a 3*.

This hotel is definitely not for people from the UK, unless they can speak German.

We were the only two English people there; everything is geared for the Germans, not even an English book, newspaper or magazine. Everything was German.

There was no information in the rooms regarding the hotel or the area; I really felt we were a nuisance every time we had to ask anything.

The hotel was very unwelcoming and the atmosphere was very cold. The food was virtually the same thing every day, we booked into the a'la carte restaurant twice and they cancelled it both times because not enough people had booked. Being 'All inclusive' meant the waiters only offered one drink at dinner, it was impossible to get their attention for any more.

I went down, by myself, for a late breakfast on our second morning, I placed my food on a table, went off to get a cup of tea and when I returned a waiter told me I couldn't sit there and I had to move to the other side of the restaurant as it was late breakfast. I asked if I could sit there on that day and I would then know for future reference where to sit, he refused to let me sit there. Again there was no information telling where we could or couldn't sit.

Our room was fine but we had a leaky toilet, three times the technicians came and said they had fixed it, it was still leaking when we left 15 days later.

The so called entertainment finished about 11pm and was all in German.

We paid 150 Euros for a VIP massage with private use of the Jacuzzi, the jacuzzi only bubbled from the bottom, the sides were not working, no candles or incense were burning, I asked for a discount but they refused. I had a facial but she was pushed for time even though I had booked, she gave me a shortened version but still charged for a full facial. The massages were very good.

I'm sure the gardens are lovely in Summer but they had drained all the landscape pools when we were there and it seemed silly walking over bridges and having no water underneath.

The beach is pebbles and stones with some very coarse 'sand', almost like ground up pebbles.

We asked if we could have a table to ourselves for the Christmas Gala Dinner rather than sit at a table full of Germans speaking German, we were told no, we had to sit with them. On the evening we felt very much the outsiders, not understanding a word that was being said, it was made worse when we saw two tables with nobody sitting at them. The entertainment that evening was also in German.

My husband was unwell during our time there and although I mentioned it to the Guest Relations they were not the slightest bit interested. The hotel doctor was excellent, she even arranged for a car to come from the hospital to pick my husband up and bring him back to the hotel after his treatment.

If you have to have room service you have to pay the full value of the food, we had to do this a few times due to my husband being unwell; all in all 'all inclusive' is something I will never do again. The wine is cheap and the food is boring and not good quality.

If you want to go to Turkey, I can thoroughly recommend The Sunrise Queen at Side, the only fault I found with this hotel was the beds are hard but I understand all the beds in Turkey are hard.

by D Doyle