Le Marquis Hotel

Good

Value: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Le Marquis Hotel

Enter your dates:

This was a great place to stay, and... by CG Jones

This was a great place to stay, and only a five minute walk from the Eiffel Tower.

The only down side is that the Eiffel tower is quite far from all the other landmarks throughout Paris, but once you get used to the Metro (very easy!) you'll be fine.

Our room was lovely, not too small and it had a great bathroom too. Every day it was cleaned extremely well by a lovely lady.

The staff were very pleasant, and even though we only stayed for three nights we had a wonderful time.

We only had one small problem where there was no corkscrew in the minibar, which ended up with a comical game of charades with the bar tender that spoke little English, and although I can speak broken French... corkscrew??

Just opposite the hotel is grocers called 'Atak' where they stock almost everything that you need, including pre-made sandwiches for packed lunch etc. Some lovely wine there too!!

It's far enough away from the tower to be quiet; we had no problems with noise at all which is what you want! All in all a fabulous time!

Not what we planned, but worked out better!!! by Topaz02

Had booked into Le Walt (sister hotel) - but due to water problem, we were moved to Le Marquis.

Our first room was quite small, and as in other reviews, the A/C wasn't working. We mentioned it to reception on our way out to dinner - on our return, no questions asked, we were moved to a bigger room, with ice-cool A/C - heavenly!

The hotel's in a lovely area, and close to both the Eiffel Tower (especially the park), and restaurants.

There's a fabulous paterisser 2 doors from the hotel - and a good (and deceptively big) supermarket across the street.

Staff were friendly and helpful, and the decor was very elegant and comforting. The bed was huge - I slept extremely well! Some of the rooms are small - but you don't visit a city for 3 days to sit in a room! Get out there and see the city!

Recommend going slightly out of season if you're not keen on the tourist trap - have never seen quite so many people! Eiffel Tower lift queues quite unbelieveable! (pluck up the courage and walk to first floor - ample view of city, and well worth it!).

Le Marquis is perfectly comfortable and located well for a weekend break. We had a few problems - but they were handled very quickly, and without hesitation. Enjoy Paris - especially the Haargen Dazs shops!!

This would be a good choice by DoggerUk

Spent two nights in June at Le Marquis after a problem with 'water damage' at Le Walt (sister hotel) - so was sceptical as we knew nothing about this hotel. However, the staff were very friendly and the hotel was in a great location just five mins from the Metro and a short walk to the tower. This is a modern, clean and stylish hotel with great decor. Only problem was the small size of the room and the phantom telephone calls that we were initially asked to pay for.

Fabulous Hotel by A TripAdvisor Member

We stayed at the Le Marquis for 11 nights recently. My husband was in town for business and I went along to see the sights. We found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful. We had some trouble with our room key not working, and it became quite a joke with the concierege. He had a great sense of humor and we enjoyed talking with him.

The room was modern and convenient. Although there were no drawers, the two closets and plenty of hangers accomodated us. I think we may have gotten one of the largest rooms, because I didn't feel it was too small at all. Other reviews had said the rooms were small. Room 301 had a King bed, two desk areas, two chairs with a small table, two closets, and a small but very modern and comfortable bathroom. I especially liked the deep tub. Taking a long bath after a day of walking and museum hopping was great! Two nights while we were there, we converted a desk table into a dining table. We were too tired to go out every night! The grocery store across the street was a great place to buy the makings for a feast. The bakery on the corner was also excellent. There was room in the mini-bar refrigerator to store food/wine.

The location was great also. The street was very quiet and there were quite a few resturaunts nearby. We went on a bike tour to Versialles with the Fat Tire Bike tours and they are only a couple of blocks away from the hotel. I would highly recommend going on a tour with them!

Overall, we found this hotel to be very clean, modern, and all our requests were met with efficiency. It is a bit pricey, but well worth it.

Consider this hotel, but as last resort by lindfr

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in early May.

It's location is second to none and the accomodations

were clean and frisky. Our main problems were: 1. Booked

a show through the hotel and then was charged more

at the theatre. 2. Cab drivers both coming and going could

not find hotel. On the way out, our cabbie started

for DeGaulle when we were going to Orly. ( The hotel

arranged this, so I hold them responsible.)

No discount given on arrival. 3. Lastly, it was a 'hot'

weekend in Paris, and the air conditioning was broken. No repair

for 3 nights. No offer of cold water to the room, or a

free breakfeast. So, if you have another option, take it...

Nice Hotel by Mendonut

My wife and I stayed for two nights (June 1-3) at this hotel. Initially, we were apprehensive because of some of the bad reviews, but took our chances considering the good ones. The hotel is centrally located. It is on a very quiet and a nice street and neighborhood. It is very near Ave. de Suffren, where you will find a lot of restaurants and shops. It is also walking distance (15-20 minutes) to famous Rue de Cler, which is full of restaurants and markets. We found the hotel is very near to at least two metro stations (Dupleix 2 minute walk, and Motte Picquet-Grenelle 3 minute walk).

Upon arrival we were greeted at the reception very professionally, and were ushered to our room by a very charming young man (Louis), who also carried my wife’s bags, and explained the usual things. Our room (#105), facing the street, was reasonably large for Paris standards, had air-conditioning, was very well appointed, had what they call “heavenly bed and heavenly pillows and down”, and nicely furnished. The bathroom was large, modern, and very clean. We did not had any problem with outside noise.

During our stay the staff were always polite and helpful.

In general terms, I recommend this hotel and would stay there again, but of course don’t expect Le Crillon or the Intercontinental or the level of service given at these hotels. It is just a very nice and clean hotel.

A very good restaurant: Le Florimond at the Motte Picquet Ave. The food is fantastic, the owner speaks perfect English, and is very “sympathique”.

Very expensive and not worth it at all by Flharleygirl1508

After 4 days at another much nicer Paris hotel, then a 4 day trip to London and then coming back to Paris for the last night of our vacation, I had booked this hotel based on the Trip Advisor reviews. The hotel is far from a metro stop and after walking through a rather seedy looking neighborhood, we were tired from lugging bags when we arrived - although reception was friendly, no assistance was offerred with our bags, nor was breakfast included in our room rate, which was over $300 for ONE night!

Finally getting to our very small room, we noticed it seemed warm so I (thought) lowered the temperature on the thermostat. Although the tiny room was attractive, there were several long black hairs not cleaned off the bath floor from the previous occupant. Then, after several hours out on the town for our last night in the City, we came back to our room to find the temperature even warmer. I tried to call down to the front desk but the phone would not work - when I walked down to the desk, after a long conversation with the desk attendant, he told us the air conditioning did not work and though they had known about it all day, noone was doing anything about it because it was May Day! Meanwhile as it was almost 90 degrees in our room, his only solution was to give us another room (same problem) or move us to another hotel - as we were exausted and it was after midnight, I told him I wanted a discount on the room rate and he assurred me he would take care of it with the hotel manager. I went back to the room and opened the windows for a bit of cooler air but we could not sleep from both the heat and all the traffic noise going by.

The next morning at check out, there was a young woman who smiled pleasantly at me but refused to give us any kind of a discount or call the hotel manager. I was furious but we had a plane to catch and I could do nothing about it. Repeated e-mails to the hotel's website after our return home were not replied to or even acknowledged.

If you want an overpriced hotel with problems, definitely stay here - if you don't, look elsewhere. There are definitely nicer hotels at a better price than this one.

If you want luxury, don't come here by A TripAdvisor Member

Listen, the bottom line is, if you want impeccable service and fabulous accomodations, you stay at one of a half dozen hotels in Paris, ie. Crillon, Meurice, Intercontinental. We wanted to do a quick Parisian getaway--on a budget. The reviews on TRIP Advisor looked really good, so we said, "Hey, let's give it a go---everyone who reviewed it said it was great". Boy were we in for a shock. Anyone who thinks that by booking Le Marquis in the 15th, one will receive treatment normally reserved for those spending upwards of $600 US per night, is sadly delusional. I was one of those people. This is simply not a luxury hotel. Period, end of story. My partner and I stayed at Le Marquis for two nights in March and abruptly left and checked into the FABULOUS Intercontinental. The last straw was when we asked for Shampoo and were told to come down to the lobby to fetch it. When we objected, the "Concierge" stated, "I am sorry sir, this is not the Crillon!' So we decided to leave them to their misery and in fact check into a 5 Star hotel that my good ole American Green Cash paid for. I DID NOT CARE that I had prepaid for my entire stay at Le Marquis nor did I care that my new room at the Intercontinental cost me $550 US a night. I just dont care. Next time I travel, I only stay in American Style, ultra luxury properties, Period. Le Marquis is a joke and its membership in the so called "Exclusive Hotels" rating system means nothing. Bottom line, if you want to experience Paris on a budget, and stay in a mediocre hotel with typical French attitude, this is the place. It's just ordinary, and the travelers who rated it 5 stars have simply never stayed in a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons. I mean to compare this hotel to say, the Plaza Athenee in New York or the Ritz in Paris is a joke. This is an ordinary boutiquey experience that simply misses its mark. One star at most. LAME.

Quality hotel, excellent location by A TripAdvisor Member

The excellent reviews on Tripadvisor sparked our interest in Le Marquis - and given the central location, we decided to give it a try.

Overall, this is a very good hotel. The public areas are clean and smart, the rooms are newly decorated and comfortable and the staff are friendly and courteous.

The hotel is located in a relatively quiet side street, about 5 minutes walk to the Eiffel Tower gardens. The street itself has a delightful patisserie and a convenient mini-market across the street. The hotel is well located for hopping on the Metro (La Motte Picquet - Grenelle and Dupleix are the nearest stations - the former is a particularly useful interchange for getting to the main sights and Gare du Nord).

There is little to gripe about so far as this hotel goes. The rooms are quite small (typically for French hotels), and there is limited space for storage, though more than enough for a long weekend's luggage. The street can still be quite noisy on busy work-day mornings, though this is to be expected in any city. The room's aircon unit was a bit of a mystery, and I'm sure that guests would appreciate guidance on how to operate it (it had a bit of a mind of its own..). But other than these minor points, I would recommend Le Marquis as good value for money when ranked against some of the pricey alternatives in Paris.

A good restaurant recommendation? (and only a short ride on the Metro) - try the steak-frites at Le Relais de L’Entrecôte (followed by jazz at Le Bilboquet (13 rue St-Benoît) opposite (pricey drinks, though).

Enjoy.

Lovely by A TripAdvisor Member

The Marquis is such a lovely hotel. My wife and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary. The reception areas and rooms were very smart and comfortable. We were so pleased with the room (404). Although we didn't dine at the hotel, the reception staff etc were always polite and helpful.

It really is just a few pleasant minutes walk from the eiffel tower and a few metro stops all nearby. Apart from the usual sightseeing we did the dinner cruise along the seine, we can thouroughly recommend it !!

cool, trendy boutique hotel. by A TripAdvisor Member

The staff here was professional and efficient yet they are somewhat impersonable and coldish. The rooms are small yet well designed. The bathroom was clean and beautifully modern. We stayed for two nights (tues. & wed.) on the end of a quick eurotrip and paid total US$467.64 through expedia. The hotel was pricey but then again, so is paris. We decided to stay at the le marquis after doing a lot of research and we were pleased with our decision. We requested our room NOT be serviced but they serviced it anyway. Beware of how your "do not enter" sign hangs on your door since the modern door handles can cause the sign to flip when you close it. The staff warmed up slightly on the morning we were departing though we did have to dispute breakfast charges on our final bill. They served us delicious coffee while we waited patiently for our taxi to arrive for the airport (which was expensive but reliable, just allow adequate time). Overall, we enjoyed the hotel and be sure to check out the bakery on the corner if you stay here, the croissants, baguettes and pain au chocolat were so tasty that we even smuggled some back to the states.

Read 181 additional reviews of Le Marquis Hotel

Stayed at Le Marquis Hotel? Share your insight.

Le Marquis Hotel also called