Hotel Villa Del Mar

Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel Villa Del Mar

1 2 »
not in winter

"stayed 1 wk 23/30 nov.excellent hotel but no lounge and very cold and drafty.2 bar tables in bar area,1 sette 2 chairs in reception,thats it,had coats on all night unless you went downstairs to entertainment bar opens at 9.30.when you have been out all day you just want to relax in comfort,we had to go round corner to corona del mar for warmth and comfort otherwise sit outside at villa del mar or go to bed, only bbc world news no other english channel not good for new 4 star,will be different in summer people want to sit outside but not in winter.other people said they were glad to be going"

• Holiday details: Nov 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: yes not to go when cold
by shiver me timbers

FANTASTIC HOLIDAY, PERFECT LOCATION

"From the minute we arrived until we left we where made to feel so welcome. All the staff where so friendly and smiled non stop. They where fab. William thankyou so much for my food delights you created for me. The chicken with my spagetti i love so much and the new creation for me of prawns and pineapple in chocolate. ?? Im a very very dificult person to feed but i managed very well to find food to suit me. My hubby said food excellent. My personal only complaint would be sweets could be better as i dont eat cakes and cream which is what they mostly always where. Not a complaint just little things. And snack time of hot dogs, burgers and chips was a shock for a 4 star with excellent cuisine other times of day. We never ate them not our type of food. Drinks etc all perfect, Service was amazing at all times by some really fun staff. Rooms was fantastic with seaview. What a bonus. Location doesnt get any better than this. They on building new spa area on roof nearly finished and open in november. The pool was at rear and very shaded, also the kids playpool area etc was. Seemed no one really used it and bar closed. no tables and chairs just loungers. Hopefully when spa area built may be better. Evening entertainment needs addressing. Resident singer, got boring ever night the same so we went out some evenings. Such a big shame as it has a lovely bar and space etc but gets very little use as most evenings probably 15 people maximum in it when we where there. We went for a relaxing rest which we got, very quite at night and peaceful. Would be nice if on a cold evening we could sit inside hotel without having to go down to bar underground. Would be lovely to sit upstairs but only one table and a sofa in front of lift to sit. Could do with using some of the resaurant area at night to sit inside for a drink when cold outside. (plenty of tables etc outside) Saying all thay it was a wonderful hotel and we are booking to go back next year. This place can only get better. You can also use other magic hotels the 3* ones which is such a bonus if your out and about for day and can call in for a drink or even a meal. We are so looking forward to our return and if anyone would like to know anything more please feel free to ask me."

by SISS-2007

Terrific Holiday

"Just back from a fortnight at the Villa Del Mar, and found this to be a top notch hotel. The location is outstanding just opposite the beach and our room had fantastic sea views. From our arrival to our departure the staff were unfailingly pleasant, helpful and did everything they could to help make us feel welcome. The rooms were very clean and furnished to a high and modern standard. The shower in particular was wonderful. the cuisine was exellent and varied and William the chef went out of his way to meet any special needs and was a real character as well as an excellent chef. The dining room staff were attentive and cheerful. The bar staff were pleasant and efficient and in particular Khalil and Jave were always smiling, cheerful and helpful.

We spent a marvellous two weeks here and we will certainly be returning in the future.

by Avonone

FAB! HOTEL AND STAFF!

"My partner and I stayed for one week - wish it had been longer!!

Brilliant hotel - staff so good we left a "Thank You" card for them - the Hotel owner should be proud of you!

Restaurant staff work very hard! and even worked on Wednesday when they could have been on strike as in other areas of Spain.

Very relaxing break for us and we will tell every one we know to use this Hotel!

by searle3

excellent hotel

"stayed in this hotel october 2010 was put in the villa del mar after our original hotel was closed due to fire in kitchen it has just been refurbished and is lovely and clean as you would expect, rooms were first class spotless maid came in every day service at bar was a bit slow as bar staff have to clean tables in restaurant as well as try to serve, bar and restaurant next to each other divided by glass partition only downside to hotel was the food seemed to be the same nearly every day pork! hotel is situated right across road from beach which is spotless and cleaned daily they have just done new promanade as well"

by 1962davejan

Very Good If You Want A Quiet One

"Welcome was excellent, we didn't arrive untill 11pm and they went out of their way to make sure we were fed on arrival. They also gave us a bottle of (cheap) champers to take up to our room. (Nice Gesture). Receptionist name was Joaquim I think, and he was extremely pleasant and helpful throughout our stay.

Staff were excellent very friendly and couldn't do enough. Food for all inclusive was also very good with plenty of choice.

Criticism is that the hotel is very quiet in the evening, there are plenty of customers around, but absolutely no entertainment at all, even if you are looking for a quiet holiday, a small bit of entertainment in the evening would be nice.

Seems to be mainly Spanish as well, which to me is not a bad thing :-)

Management response from fccobo, 29 Sep 2010

Dear Kacald1, Thank you for letting us know your comments about your stay. We take note about Evening entertainment. Probably we need to advertise it a bit more, we do have activities but we change schedule according customers requirements. Best regards, Asier Baquero General Manager Villa del Mar Hotel

by kacald1

Fabulous hotel with an excellent outlook on tourists!

"Stayed here with a group of friends, looked after really well, excellent food and accomodation. Only two small complaints, some of the staff were a bit rude and it can be quite noisy because of all the tiled floors."

Management response from fccobo, 29 Sep 2010

Dear Lexibliverpool, Thank you very much for letting us know about your stay. We will enphasise in basic customer care and any noisy trolley in the Hotel. Best regards, Asier Baquero General Manager Villa del Mar Hotel

by lexibliverpool

the jewel in the crown of magic hotels

"visited this hotel at end of may had a great welcome. The standard of this hotel far exceded all expectations, the location of the hotel was excellent, the food was amazing (our thanks to william ) the room was as shown in brochure superb!! Yes there were a few teething problems but these were adressed by the manager and rectified very quickly and always followed by an appology.we found all of the staff very helpfull from the time of arrival to departure. The variety of food was superb, we have read some reviews where british guests complained that there was no british food available, while we were there roast beef and yorkshire pudding was on the buffet, due to the british that love to complaining (if you want british food go to blackpool )We did visit the magic venicia hotel for an evening dinner but did not find it very welcoming and service was poor.A big thank you to the manager and staff for a great holiday hope to return soon, sorry for the delay in writing this review in our opinion the villa del mar is number one in benidorm the jewel in the crown. regards darran + wayne"

Management response from fccobo, 03 Sep 2010

Dear Darran & Wayne, We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stayed in the hotel. Thanks for your comments during your stay that made us improve our service and customers satisfaction. Hope to see you again. Best regards, Asier Baquero General Manager Villa del Mar Hotel

by evansryan

Getting there

"went with wife for a relaxing break, ie sunbathe and chill out all day then enjoy a few drinks and a bit of entertainment in the evening. Hotel had basically just been reopened and were suffering a lot of teething problems. Bar under staffed at times. Pools still being worked on. The hotel is part of the Magic group which means that your ID card that you get will allow you to eat and drink in any of the other hotels during your stay. I believe they are trying very hard to get there but the evening entertainment was virtually non-existant. Food was out of this world William the chef was a lovely man pity the spanish guests didn't appreciate him more. Not really suitable for kids or teenagers. Overall this is a fantastic base to enjoy Benidorm its clean tidy modern friendly on the main promenade ideal for couples."

Management response from fccobo, 21 Jun 2010

Dear Customer, Thank you very much for your comments that help us to improve our service. We are taking corrective measures with our Entertainment so next time you visit us you will have more options and you will be infromed about them. We will let William the Chef know about your good comments. Best regards, Asier Baquero General Manager Villa del Mar Hotel

by IvorLarne

Mixed experience

"Just back from my trip to the Villa del Mar. Overall I would consider the stay of one week was mixed in terms of experience. In terms of value for money I could not fault this establishment.

I booked through the hotel's own website and availed of an all inclusive package. This proved to be a wise choice. The food while geared towards the mainly Spanish clientele was excellent, well presented and varied. Drinks were premimum brands and for the food and drink alone the Hotel could not be faulted. However, at night I felt the hotel lacked atmosphere...............

In terms of customer service, the staff in the restaurant and bar areas were very friendly and helpful. The male receptionist on checkin was efficient and professional.

However, I found some of my other dealings with the reception staff to be cold and unfriendly to put it mildly. I was charged €45.00 (cash!!! was advised that credit cards couldn't be used for such a payment) for a late check out on my departure day having being quoted €50.00 the day previously and €30.00 for the option of a delayed checkout until 2pm..........No problem with paying for a delayed departure - in fact facilitating same in the first instance is to be acknowledged. However, the manner in which it was communicated left a lot to be desired. Check out was so unprofessional..............the receptionist - she did not even say a good bye or thank you but just stared as I had refused to pay the €50 or €30 the day previously...........A hotel can have all the marketing tools in the world but without manners and respect for it's customers such tools are useless..........The receptionist was my parting contact with the hotel!!!

In terms of size, the bar and restaurant are in my view small and cramped for the numbers that are being catered for. Over the weekend, the place seemed particularly crowded where the eating area extended into the bar...................the bar itself goes onto the footpath so overall, space seems to be a problem.

I booked a sea view room with a jacuzzi for my stay and I have to say I was delighted with my choice. In terms of cleanliness, I could not speak highly enough. The cleaning staff were friendly and did their job so well...............One fault with the rooms.............tv.........two english news channels and that was it with 50 potential channels to chose from..........I don't think it would take a lot to get some more english speaking channels on board. I know that people don't go on holidays to watch tv but as a solo traveler it sometimes can be an asset.

In terms of location, the hotel is located in an area that is a little run down. However, it is just across the road from the beach and for beach lovers this has to be a bonus. The pool area is quiet ..........use the lift ....much easier than the stairs........The beautiful old town of Benidorm was just a short walk away and proved to be a very popular place in the evenings.

Overall, as I said a mixed experience over the week.............however, I would go back ............perhaps not for a week (unless there's more tv channels lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Giving it a four rating based on food/drink, room, cleanliness and some of the staff.................

Management response from fccobo, 16 Jun 2010

Dear Customer, Concerning your comments, we pay much attention to the issue with our Receptionist and English Channels on TV. We hope to see you soon back here in Villa del Mar Hotel in the sunny Benidorm. Regards, Asier Baquero General Manager Villa del Mar Hotel

by Co.Corktraveller

Great location

"Wanted to re-book but web site said it was closed for re-furbishment. Opening this year again though!

Hotel is in a great location, right on Poniente beach and a few steps into the old town of Benidorm. Being a reasonably small hotel much better suited for older clientele or young couples without children.

Food in dining room was very good (nothing fantastic) but enjoyable - no complaints. Went all inclusive which was real good value for money. Bar closes about midnight, after that, sadly there's really nowhere to go and sit and have a quiet drink, at the hotel, Entertainment not up to much. Outside at night it can be a little dark and would'nt like to walk alone. (creepy)

Still love it though and are going back the end of this year.they even lock up the chairs and tablesoutside the hotel! (maybe they think they'll get stolen)!!

by A TripAdvisor Member

I think the villa del mar is...

"I think the villa del mar is wonderful.... I was sooo dissapointed it had been closed for refurbisment in oct 2007 and not yet opened in 2008.. we had to go to another hotel in May 2008 and it is not expected to be opened again for the forseable future.

Peter... if you are reading this..... we missed you this year. Come on Amigos... get your finger out... there are a lot of us people here missing out on the best hotel in Benidorm. Do you really want us to go to the Flamingo Oasis again.... I hope not ! Do you need some contractors from England to come over and show you how it is done ?

Nothing here at this hotel for children but it is great for us mums and dads and nans and grandads..... food superb..... staff brilliant...... wonderful place for a brilliant break away from those horrible kids of ours !!!!!!!!!!.......... come on...... sort yourselves out !

by J King