Sunrise Monica Beach Hotel

Service: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Sunrise Monica Beach Hotel

1 2 36 »
Great place for a relaxing holiday

"I had read various reviews about this hotel, however I decided to book it, how glad I was that I did, although I was allocated one of the rooms that hadn't been refurbished, it was clean and comfortable. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The entertainent wasn't great, but the animation team did their best.I stayed All- Inclusive, lots of choice every mealtime and self service soft drinks, beer, wine and sangria. Avery relaxing holiday in a lovely location. For what I paid for the holiday I was very pleased with my deal."

• Holiday details: Mar 2012, Booked Independently
by Dianne Y

Fantastic Hotel

"Just returned from a week at Sunrise Monicas Beach with my teenage daughter. The location is amazing - step out of your room & you are between pool bar & beach bar. The choice of drinks is endless & far superior to any other all inc I have been on. Bar service is swift & friendly. Food is superb - there is an amazing choice of good quality meals, even a diabetic section! Cava with breakfast!! In the restauarnt, help yourself to wine, beer, sangria, soft drinks, juices, 8 choices of teas, cafe latte to die for, hot milk, hot chocolate .... The Pool bar serves delicious bacon rolls, toasties, sandwiches, cakes all day and you can help yourself to ice cream as well as hot drinks & sodas.

The entertainment is the usual daytime volleyball, archery, darts, ping pong etc, all good fun. Eevning entertainment is not so exciting but there are 2 bars, one with TV (World Cup) & one with mini disco & magic shows etc.

There is another pool area with its own bar & 2 big water slides, great for kids. Pools are cold, but thats the canaries for you - lovely once you are in!

No fight for sunbeds - they were plentiful.

I hired our beach towels for a refunable 10 euros each - good idea if you are on Ryanair with limited luggage allowance. No need to pack shower gel, soap, shampoo or conditioner either as these are replenished daily. Turn left out of the hotel & walk for 5 mins & there is a shpopping centre with a SPAR where you can buy your toiletries at similar prices to the UK.

There is a cash machine & car hire to the right of the hotel. Turn R & walk 10 mins down to the roundabout for the market every Weds & Sunday.

The white sandy beach is just wonderful - you can feed the chipmunks in the rocks. The beach bar is a lovely place to sit & watch the world go by.

The rooms are very cleverly located so nowhere is too far to walk. OK, the rooms are not the Hilton, but they are spacious & VERY clean with an excellent maid service. They have a fridge & a telly with BBC & Sky News channels.

Fuerteventura is very windy, so dont expect to leave your lilo alone, or it will take off! The wind keeps the heat down considerably, so beware of getting burnt! It is refreshing to be able to lie in the heat without getting a headcahe though! It can get a bit breezy & cool at nights / early morning, so pack a cardy.

Fans keep your room nice & cool.

We loved the hotel's rescued cats - which have been neutered & cared for by a local charity . There is a "Cat Cafe" tent where residents are encourages to feed the cats - preventing them form begging at the restauarants. These cats are the most friendly, beautifully clan & healthy cats we have ever seen. It was lovely to see them sunbathing under your lounger & walking through the hotel, drinking from the pool!! They do not cause any kind of offence or nuisance but if are a cat lover, you will enjoy their compnay.

ALL of the hotel staff were incredibly friendly, polite and helpful. On my daugher's 16th birthday we returned to our room to find a bottle of champagne!!

If you are looking for a wild boozy hol full of bars & Brits - forget it. This is a quiet resort full of Europeans of every nationality. If you want a relaxing holiday with a few activities thrown in & excellent food, service & staff - this is for you

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by maz

Great holiday, few issues with self catering facilities

"A great complex that suits all. If you want quiet you can find tranquility, if you want entertainment it's available. However, being largely all inclusive shows. The self catering facilities were quite poor. Just 2 stove rings that were compariable with camping sizes so no room to use more than 1 ring at a time. A small microwave and the baking dish was too big to fit in (reception told us all apartments had same equipment so could not help with this). No kettle!!! However, the apartment was clean and respectable. Daily visits from maids. Very hospitipal bar staff. Fantastic views. Ver relaxing. But best going all inclusive to avoid disappointment with facilities!!!!!"

by Fiona N Jay

Beautiful Hotel

"This hotel was fantastic and just what me and my partner were looking for. It was peacfull, calm and relaxing. The food was lovely with a large selection and something diffrent every night. The animation team put on activities all through out the day for adults and children. The night time entertainment was fantastic and the animation team spoke 4 launguages fluently. There was a few English people there but they were mainley French and German. That wasnt a problem for me though!

The hotel is located in a quite area and if you want to go out clubbing you are best looking else were as this hotel wont suit you. There is a shopping mall close by with a small pub in where the Spanish singer sang Beatles songs :-).

If you want a peacefull time to relax, enjoy good food and be entertained, go to Sunrise Monica Beach.

• Holiday details: Apr 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: great place to relax
by xxMelxx

Fantastic holiday

"I returned yesterday from a fantastic week in Fuerteventura. Even though the hotel is only a 3 star, I would highly recommend Monica Beach. The maid service was exceptional; The rooms were cleaned everyday without fail, to very high standards. The restaurant could easily make the Hotel a four star; they had a good range of foods to try, and the staff were friendly and made you feel welcome from the moment you got there.

A fantastic holiday all round; would definately go again.

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by H_Louise

excellent holiday

"we have just returned from a weeks holiday and had a brilliant time.we requested a sea view when booking and got a fantastic view from our balcony,the room was cleaned on a daily basis and the little touches by the maids were so endearing.staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and polite/animation team very entertaining,the hotel restaurant was spottless and an excellent choice of food to suit all tastes alot of it cooked in front of you ( the fruit & ice cream was to die for! ) choice of pools to choose from which were cleaned and tested on a regular basis with plenty of loungers to choose from and nobody reserved them, bars were of usual all inc standard with unlimited local brew and spirits,beach bar just two minutes walk from hotel overlooking a gorgeous sandy beach where various activities take place.overall a very relaxing resort not yet commercialised which can often be a bit overwhelming,would highly recomend this resort for a relaxing holiday. i have rated this as 8 out of 10 and think the ( 3* rating ) should be upgraded to a 4* hotel."

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: try it
  • Activities: beach/pools
by calo

An excellent family holiday

"We have been home now for a week after a fab holiday. The hotel is clean and comfortable, rooms a really good size and the maid service was excellent. This is worthy of a 3* hotel, if you are expecting luxury then book a luxury hotel! The food was very good with plenty of variety to suit all needs, buffet style and again what you would expect from a 3*. I loved the way food was cooked in front of you every night. The pool bar offered snacks all day long too. The entertainement is good, there is always something offered for you to do if you choose to do it, walking on the beach, darts, volleyball, shooting, aqua aerobics, mini golf, etc etc etc. Swimming pool excellent, not crowded at all and you didn't have to be up at the crack of dawn to get a sun bed. The beach also fab, especially feeding the chip monks however we chose to bathe by the pool as it got very hot down on the beach. The kids were offered kids club each day, however chose to stay in the pool as it was so nice. I would certtainly recommend this hotel! Yes, lots of German's but enough English people that you didn't feel isolated!"

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: A quiet location
by Family of 4

great holiday

"Well we had a great time!! Never knew of any break ins. Our room was fab and largest room i have ever had on a holiday ( water was hot but not boiling)but it was a sea view and on the beach. Best beach and food i have ever seen and eaten. Chefs cooked food infront of you every meal time!! Don't go if you like junk food. Kids loved the slide. No more bugs than any other holiday I have had. Maids made swans, hearts and bows from towels after they cleaned the room every day. In our room was fridge and hair dryer the room was nice and clean, They were polite and all staff welcomed you as they passed. It is quite and a bit dated in the disco ( thats why its an 8). The drinks are weak but every all inclusive holiday i have been on the drinks are some what weak!!

We loved this holiday and other holiday makers there came year after year!!

It is quite but thats what we wanted.

• Holiday details: Mar 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by sunrise123

Just back

"I will let u know everything about the hotel .. I dont usually write any comments but this time its crutial ..

If u booked this hotel, then i suggest u go change or cancel yr trip ..

I ignored the comments and when i went there, I knew wt people really meant ..

starting with the rooms

Dirty, disgusting, have the worst stinky smell ever and it doesnt matter which room u get cos they r all the same.. this is due to big problems with water pipes and u will notice as soon as u enter from the smell and the paint, the furniture is as old as yr grandma , ofcourse in a very bad condition. the room is not air conditioned and it has an old fan. The bathrooms r the most disgusting i've ever seen, eventhought i have stayed in motels, 2 star hotels and never complained but this time it was like no ever

There is no HOT WATER , just warm water is availiable and u have to wait some time until u get it ! lol , We did change our room twice but we found out that all the rooms r the same so me and my wife just gave up but promised to warn people.

there is no Double beds in all the hotel, so u only get single beds that r very painful to sleep, u actually feel the strings.

There r insects, mostly cocroaches and spiders, I did kill couple and when i complained to the reception, he told me that this is normal and i shouldnt complain ! and I did see them at bars too

the room service is crap and one day i got a bedsheet with blood stains on it and they hardly change it, twice a week. The blankets r horrible and smelly, as if they come from a prison !

The swiming pools r nice but they r not made of blue tiles but its concrete that is painted blue !

as for the drinks .. U see the barman opening the bottle infront of u , but still u hardly taste any alchol in the drink so I guess they just use the cheapest available .. people in the hotel were complaining about this all the time.

The beach is like 200m from the rooms and listen " sunbed is for 2 euro's per person and the umberalla is for 3 euro's / day "

The animation team have very lame shows at night, but only 3 days of 14 that we had something decent to watch other than that its boring.

Excurtions r very expensive. but those who will go, I advice to visit Oasis park, its really amazing

I rate this hotel 4/10 cos the food was good, if it wasnt then I would have rated it zero. I did see some small insects in the salad one day and I did complain and they did change it, other than that, I didnt notice anything but I never came into something like this in all my travels..

the most important thing .. In our 2 weeks stay, 12 rooms got nicked, wiped out .. and we did see the police alot of times, stealing is very common in this hotel and the island in general. The hotel also have a policy that if its not in the safe then its not their fault, but that makes u wonder, how about yr laptop ? u cant fit everything in the safe ..

the safe will cost u 3.5 euro per day

I dont know if I mentioned everything but I hope I gave u a detailed review,

from my traveling experince, I advice u to pay more and go to Turkey, Egypt or Cyprus and not to furtventura. and If u will go then make sure u get a very good hotel.

Hope u dont make the mistake we did..

by Mazerian

A Fair Review

"My husband and I booked to go to this hotel in July last year and really looking forward to it , however, after reading a lot of the reviews we were very nervous and apprehensive about our holiday.

I would like to say that after spending ten days at this hotel on an all inclusive basis, a lot of the reviews we have read are so unfair.

The hotel itself has 1100 rooms and we had to be moved half way through our holiday due to refurbishing close to us. Both of the rooms we stayed in were spotless and in excellent locations in the grounds, Despite some reviews, we did not see any roaches !!!

The staff and management were extremely polite and helpful. And as for the food, if you couldn't find something to suit you in th dining room there was something wrong. The selection was huge including meats, fish, pastas and loads of fresh bread and salad, not to mention the puds!!!!

The only downside to this holiday was that unknown to us the south of the island is dominated by germans so brits are a minority but as long as you don't mind that then there are no problems. Don't get me wrong, the hotel could do with a lick of paint in places but it's over 30 years old and it's only a 3*. You get what you pay for but don't be put off going to this hotel as it's brilliant value for money.

• Holiday details: Jan 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Airtours
  • Advice: Costa Calma is ideal for a quiet relaxing holiday
  • Activities: The beaches in the south are stunning
by Ruski

Ms. A. Tait

"Four of us stayed at the Sunrise Monica Beach (inc. a 7 and 9 year old) for a week. We had read lots of bad reviews beforehand and were quite worried but we decided to go with an open mind. However, all the bad reviews about the food were totally TRUE. We found the food absolutely disgusting and the children lived on bread and chips for a week. We were literally scratching around for something decent to eat. We are not fussy eaters and we eat anything, but there really are limits! The salad bar was pathetic with dried up carrots and cabbage. No cucumber apart from two days. All the tomatoes are green and the fruit is all bad. Most of the food is tinned (you can actually see the lines where it comes out of the tins) and the fruit is tinned too. What little salami, hams and cheeses there were were all very processed with bones in the ham. My daughter was nearly sick one night. There were lots of chips and fried lumps of fish which were really horrible. No veg at all. There was the odd tray of tinned carrots and sweetcorn but they were really weird and watery. One night there was an oriental themed night and we had sushi. We thought wow, maybe this will be good! However no, it was rubbish as the sushi was completely frozen solid. On telling the Maitre D he just shrugged and said 'don't eat it then'. What a joke the food was. Pasta and rice were just congealed lumps of gung. Honestly please believe me when we say the food is really not nice. Other people were moaning too but some liked it. Some people even really liked it. If you like decent home cooked food and nice quality food you will not get it here. If you don't mind eating processed food then you will. I guess it is what you are used to. We will not go to a 3 star all inclusive again that's for sure.

The Reception staff are completely rude too and couldn't care less. Several times I rang to ask for towels and sheets when they didn't bother to clean the rooms and they just hung up on me. They get everything wrong. I think if you stay here you are better off to do the self catering option as the family room we were in was very large and fine. Albeit a 4 min walk to the pools which was ok. Pools are really nice but cold. The pool with the chute is really dangerous as you get loads of kids going down it like crazy on lilos and it is really not good and is not supervised at all. The beach was quite nice but not as nice as Corralejo beach. Also the Entertainment team were really good and worked very hard. The kids loved the mini club as there were other English children and they really enjoyed themselves. This is Hotel is completely run down with no air conditioning in the bar etc. Got very hot at night. They have turned a lovely tennis court into a crappy paint ball area - this is just to make money from people coming in to use it. The other hotels in the Sunrise chain - about 4 in total all seemed to be nicer than the Monica and we went in and had drinks at their bars as the wrist bands are all the same colour.

We spent a lot of money on this week and were very disappointed in the food. However the kids enjoyed it and we tried to make the best of it.

by Amber01

If you want cleanliness do not stay...

"If you want cleanliness do not stay at this hotel. it is filthy. Our room had mould growing round the windows. Toilet leaking urine all over the bathroom floor. Reception staff very rude. Food appalling. Thomas Cook representative most unhelpful. Food appalling cockroaches in dining room. Hotel should be closed down. Details in travel brochure totalling misleading. Not even worthy of a one star."

by  Aj Barleycorn

1 2 36 »

Map for Sunrise Monica Beach Hotel Closest airport: Fuerteventura (FUE) 29.7 miles

Top traveller tips for Sunrise Monica Beach Hotel
  • by sunrise123

" Its nice and quite with a great wide sandy beach "

• by Dianne Yates

" ask for a refurbished room "