MinaMark Beach Resort

Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for MinaMark Beach Resort

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
“Very bad place don`t go... so dirty” by MORA

just got back from this SHOCKING PIGSTY OF AN ATTEMPT OF A HOTEL..food is discusting..the room was a hut in the garden,with noise all day and night from workman and russians shouting..the DINING AREA was thilthy we even saw a waiter brush the food on to the floor to clear a table.cant even get a coffee after breakfast thay told us to go down the road.WE WERE ILL FOR 4 DAYS.every local said its the worst hotel in hurghada..we went all inclusive but ended up going out paying for food..STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNCLEAN DIVE CHEAP IS NOT ALLWAYS CHEERFUL,BELIEVE ME.

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: “Very bad place don`t go... so dirty”

A great holiday by kellyutd

My boyfriend and I were a bit sceptical about this resort because of the reviews we had read beforehand. This was not the resort we hoped to book and it was very last minute so we thought we'll make our own minds up once there.

Check in was very quick and we were given a kingsize room with a balcony overlooking the pool and we could see the sea through the gardens. The room was huge and even had a living room area too. We found our bed too firm and said this to reception. Within minutes someone was there to add 2 single mattresses and it was so much more comfortable.

Previous reviews had said the food was bad but if you like trying different foods then the food was fine. You don't expect to go abroad and have chips on offer all the time - you have to expect different foods in another country. My boyfriend and I were not disappointed with the food and we really enjoyed the variety. We did go out on the high street and had kfc and McDonalds once but that was purely for curiosity...we wondered how different it was to the uk.

The staff were very friendly and reception were very helpful to a minor air con problem we had and an incident with no electric. The beach is small but accomodated everyone staying there...it was nice to be on the high street but also on the beach too. We had no bother from anyone trying to sell us trips and deals....they asked once and didn't bother you after that. The entertainment was crap but it is no better anywhere else in Egypt, one animation member in particular was quite pervy and annoying but we ignored them most of the time. This was our 2nd trip to Egypt and unlike Sharm there was a bazaar with fixed prices...we were glad to go there as we hated haggling. It was just like any other supermarket in the UK, you pick what you want and pay at the till...bliss!

We did some great trips, Paradise Island, Mahmya Island and Jungle (Aqua Park). All were brilliant and we highly recommend them. Our rep made sure we had a good guide on all our trips.

Our rep Hassam from On Holiday Group was brilliant. He made our holiday so worth while and it was a pleasure to have met him. He went out of his way to help us find a good shop for souveniers and he even took us to the Marina one night to show us around. Hassam only lived a street away and was always in reception when he said he would be. He even took us to have some local food and tea - and wouldn't accept a penny. He said we were his friends and it was his treat. We will definitely stay in touch with him and hope to meet up with him in the future. An amazing guy who is determined to please everyone and make a difference! Thanks Hassam for making our holiday even better!

Overall I really liked this hotel and would think about returning in the near future - I had a great time here and so did others that we met there too! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Holiday details: Oct 2009, All Inclusive, booked with On Holiday Group
  • Advice: A fantastic location and not far from the airport....we prefered this to Sharm El Sheik
  • Activities: Paradise Island/Snorkelling trip / Mahmya Island day trip and Jungle Aqua Park

Our stay at the Minamark was that of... by D Evans

Our stay at the Minamark was that of mixed experience. The good points were that the Housekeeping team were fantastic - our room was kept spotless and even though we left all our money, valuables and passports in a drawer when we went out, nothing was ever touched. We were even left a towel folded into a heart shape with a flower in the centre on one of the days we returned :)

The staff there were generally friendly during our stay (especially when they find out you're English - I guess we tip well) and would remember things like what you drink, where you're from, have chats with you, etc.

The entertainment is generally geared towards keeping the kids amused in the evenings which is nice; even though we travelled without our children for this holiday, it was nice to see them catered for. Every dinnertime, tables and chairs were set up outside around the pool for people to be able to dine in the wonderful warmth and the pool was always clean. Plenty of sunbeds, internet access for £1.50 an hour and on-shops for your perusal.

We went on a magnificent boat trip which cost us £20 each, which included snorkelling in the Red Sea and a trip to 'Paradise Island' - it's best to get your excursions through people OTHER than your Tour Operator; a lot cheaper!

The bad bits were that the food was pretty awful; we ate 4 times in total; 1 breakfast, 2 lunches and 1 dinner, but the surrounding area had local restaurants such as McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and Burger King as well as small italian food bistros which you could get a meal for 2 for around £7. The local beer was ok, but you only had a small choice of drinks available in the all-inclusive option and these ceased at 10pm.

The area surrounding the Minamark is one of poverty, although this is only a small area. The majority of the street traders would leave you alone if you said 'no thank you', but some get quite insistent and can be quite 'hands on' which I don't like at all. On our last night, one of them found out just how much I dislike being touched by someone I don't know . . .

On our departure day, my husband was quite ill with a poorly tummy, but they don't really care. We had checked out of the hotel by the alloted time of 12 Noon, but were simply sitting in the lobby until he felt confident that he could be away from a toilet for more than 10 minutes, but the staff were constantly hassling us to leave. It's amazing how the attitude changes as soon as they've had your money and you can't tip anymore . . .

I think all in all for the money we paid, it was a good value holiday and I would definately visit Egypt again, but most probably not that particular hotel. The all inclusive deal is probably worthwhile if only for the drinks option (if you're not fussy about what you drink!!)

Beware! by logician314

Things are not as they seem at this hotel. When we went on an excursion from the Minamark to Luxor, we were provided with a guide by our hotel rep... a guide who was replaced en route by someone else. This someone else then spent a good deal of the day trying to sell our party illicit substances, and did not even know as much as I do about Egyptian history. Let me remind anyone who reads this review that any and all drugs offenses are seriously punished in Arabic countries. Being anti-drugs this didn't apply to us. I also understand a little Arabic, and I heard our guide telling a local (to Luxor) policeman that he could not sell anything to us, so this was obviously more than just a lone drug dealer. We were also charged a lot extra for being able to get off a river boat cruise on time to catch our convoy back to the Minamark. Seriously will not be going back to the Minamark or probably even Egypt again.

A very good choice for me! by diving-is-best

This was my 2nd time in Egypt; I did travel there for diving, Pharaohs’ time and Christian culture (monasteries). Mostly I have done my diving in Thailand; the water in Egypt was with better visibility but not that warm. I almost randomly picked-up hotel Minamark Beach resort and was really happily surprised what I did find. My week was All-Inclusive, and a good idea I think. The food was good Egyptian, a lot of deserts – and I had no problems with my stomach! Room was clean, everything tidy and well kept, personnel very friendly and very helpful!

There is KFC and McDonalds just opposite the Minamark, if you wish for what you can find at home too. And you can find the Egyptian alleys, small shops, even Orthodox-Coptic Churches across the street, at walking distance. And the tax-free is not far away.

The private hotel beaches in Shakalla - down-town area are not that wide you could have long walks along the beach front. Then a distant resort is what you could prefer. Scuba diving is available everywhere, I did choose a company I know and they had pick-up for their dive trips.

I am not after sunbathing at the pool area but the hotel pool looks nice and I will bring my children there next time.

This was my 2nd time in Egypt; I did... by JJ Brodkin

Good Hotel by HafIpswich

I cannot understand these reports about the food being bad. Stayed here for two weeks and at lunch and dinner there was always a fish, beef and chicken dish plus potatoes, pasta, rice, saute vegatables, vegetable ratouille, salads galore, rolls, bread, fresh fruit, cakes galore, what more do people want! Chips perhaps than alas you will not like it here if you diet consists of burgers and chips. Other British couples we met there also enjoyed the food and we never ate outside of the Hotel apart from trips we went on and none of us were ill. The Hotel is very clean and the staff are helpful and very efficient. Only fault I would give it is the entertainment was quite poor and the bar closes at 10.00pm. We personally did not like central Hurghada though, too much hassle as soon as you step outside of the Hotel.

Suppossed to be a 3 star but not even... by Callanan

Suppossed to be a 3 star but not even 2. Staff would always serve the russians first and the cleaning lads were friendlier then all the others put together. Hotel was in a lively part of town and that was its only redeeming feature. All inclusive finished at 10pm. Food was some of the worst I've ever had the misfortune to try although the chef didn't like giving you more then a mouthfull to try anyway. Liver must be something that they love in the old eastern block as they served it twice in the 4 times that we bothered to try lunch and dinner. Thankfully we were only across the road from KFC and a couple of good restaurants and its really cheap to eat out.

Ended up spending a lot of time in an Irish bar called PJ's which unlike most Irish bars didn't serve the dearest beer in town and was cheaper then Papas bar which was the only place any of the reps tell you about. A lot of ex pats drink in there and you'll be able to get on trips a lot cheaper then what your reps will charge you as many organise them themselves - just ask the owner Pete you will put you in touch with someone, he seemed to know everyone in Hurghada. Felt like one of the locals by the time we went home and although we would never recommend the Minamark to even our worst enemies we will visit Hurghada again.

leeche's by Biggerbund

stayed at the minamark read the reviews before i went .Food was catered for the germans danish,i like plain food but this was so boring i spent the week eating puddings .Bonus was Pizza hut ,kentucky and mc donalds were right on the doorstep.The only problem there was i have a 21 year old daughter and whenever we went out of the hotel the egyptian men continually leered at her and made very sexual comments it made us both feel very uncomfortable.

The hotel was very clean and they made a great effort to help you but i would not go back because there are far more superior hotels and the all inclusive deal finishes at 10pm so after that you had to pay !!!!!!

never again by gazaLondon

Just got back from hurghada, 8/1/2008, if you are used to quality hotels do not stay at the minamark, my fault, booked a budget holiday, sick first 4 out of 5 days, refused to eat there, when they cut you a slice of chicken, which is the size of a pidgeon, they halve it, then halve it again, don't bother asking for more, just as well you don't get larger portions, could have been sick longer, italian restaraunt just round corner, three course meal and a pint for £10.00, told by staff, if it was not for the russians staying at this hotel it would close, i would not rate this hotel above 2.5 stars, one swiss guest started a petition, he was disgusted with food and bar shutting at 10.00pm, do not let the porters order you cabs, biggest con going, they are their mates, you get in the cab, they ask you for payment, normally 100 egyptian, 10 pounds english, on route, i gave two fiftys, while driving he changes two fiftys for there smaller fifty notes, claiming you have not given him the right money, i think he realised this con was not going to work and suggested he keeps driving to the airport, better to book transfers, this happened to two girls i have been in touch with back in england on the same holiday, they paid the driver twice, apart from reception, bar staff and waiters work really hard, nice people, love egypt, but not at this hotel.

Fab Holiday with Amazing People by stasey

The hotel is not for people who would like to go on holiday to meet english people and eat english food!!!! so many reviews say the food was terrible there were no english people!!!! STAY IN ENGLAND if thats what you want. However if you want to go to a lovely hotel with a great beach right in the middle of town then the Minamark is for you. I wouldn't recommend all inclusive because its such a central hotel we found we were out every evening, The beach is great and a really great diving centre, the staff are all really friendly and I think I've found my home from home.

Very pleasant stay, you get what you pay for by welshlady

Stayed in this hotel and was most pleased clean comfortable rooms and staff going out of their way to help you. This hotel is situated right in the heart of the centre and right on the beach, no brits about when we stayed here but to be honest we had come away from the lager lout brits (this is NOT Spain and we were in a foreign land). Staff done there best to entertain you putting on a live show each night and make sure our holiday was pleasant. Reception and all staff total customer focused and went out of their way for us throughout out stay. Breakfast was adequate and they had a themed buffet dinner every night and the only moan we had was that food could be improved on but to be honest we were paying £11 a night HALF BOARD so does one expect ! at least it was hot and varied and if you did not like it well you were right in the heart of Sakala centre

1 2 »

Stayed at MinaMark Beach Resort? Share your insight.

MinaMark Beach Resort also called